SSHZ does Ethos "Mandarin Cookies R3"

Cut 1 down yesterday, the rest will be chopped at 9 weeks next Thursday.............yield is worrisome at this point, not much i can do about it. Probably going to do the Greenpoint "Purple Dream" next, but not 100% sure yet.Ive always wanted to do a Blue Dream strain, now's my chance. But i want to wayppeigh it against Jeff's "Orange Dream", which will probably come next.

Its one of their highest rated strains at 4.9/5 from 48 reviews.

Purple Punch x Blue Dream

The Purple Dream strain is an Indica-dominant hybrid created by crossing Blue Dream and Purple Punch. This colorful and frosty hybrid produces massive yields of sweet, fruity flowers.

Aroma and Flavor

Purple dream boasts a pleasant flavor that is sweet and floral. For those with an especially discerning palate, it may taste of wildflowers, pine, grapes, and blueberries. Blue Dream-dominant plants may smell more of herbs and berries, and Purple Punch-leaning phenotypes may present an intoxicatingly sweet scent of grape soda.

Many choose to consume Purple Dream as a means of relaxation and pain mitigation. Additionally, medical cannabis users often use it to relieve discomfort, boost the appetite, and improve the mood. However, like most strains, it may cause cottonmouth, so keep a drink handy when consuming this Indica hybrid.

Growing Purple Dream

Cultivating Purple Dream is a breeze. Much like its parents, this variety is resistant to pests and diseases, and can be grown indoors or outdoors. It tends to perform best with moderate humidity levels and lots of sunshine. Given its astounding yield and quick flowering time, this strain is great for commercial cannabis growers.

The manicured flowers are forest green with a sprinkling of tiny orange hairs and hints of purple in the sugar leaves. The large amber trichomes glimmer when the light catches them, lending to its amazing bag appeal.

8 weeks on Thursday, 1 more week and i'm taking them all down..........

I also rethought everything and am leaning back to growing the Orange Dreams by Jeff next..........my reasons are many.

After hanging the branches for 4 days, I removed the buds into a tupperware container for further drying and curing......extremely sticky, I was shocked it weighed 117 grams, a bit over 4 oz. I had guessed it was 2 1/2 oz, so the buds are retaining a lot of weight from their density. Still, I'm surprised but happy at this point.........

They are dense buds.(y)

I am glad yours turned out like mine.
I will say for little I know of different strains I have learned something with these.
I am not a cookies fan. The taste is not what I want in buds.
The buzz is good and the buds are dense but...
Run Jeffs gear I think you will like it if you can devote the time it may take.
The two of his I got going now look the best of 9 strains I started 18 days ago by a considerable margin.

Steam, which of Jeff's are you growing? Per MadMax's suggestions, it's time to give Jeff a grow but Max indicated it won't be an easy grow (with lots of staking and such)...........one thing that pushed me away from GPS Purple Dream aid I saw a number of grows of it and the plants looked puny..........

Also, so your plants are done before mine, I thought you were behind me?

No my plants aren't done but I grew the MCR3 last grow.
I had a runt and a normal tall pheno like the two I have now.
Been smoking the runt pretty regular.

For Jeffs gear I got Zamal Dreams and the GMO X Orange dreams you sent me.
I have 3 of each of those up in my 2 week old batch.

I have 3 Zamal Dreams in the flower grower now.
The one started out the largest is now #2 in size but leading bud production by a large distance.
The second one is budding but at its own pace and the third is trying to hold out longer then the Rum Runner that is barely showing.
DSC_0743 - Copy.JPG
^^ 2 week old Zamal dreams in 1g^^
DSC_0738 - Copy.JPG
^^ Zamal Dreams @ 3 weeks 12/12, but I slow flipped dropping 1 hour a week from 12/27/23

The difference between our styles is vast though sshz.most of my girls grow bigger and I think that’s because I’m daily feeding in coco/coir .whereas yours stay more compact and sturdier In pro mix.it would not b possible for me to say try 12 in a 4x4 space .I reckon I’d have to completely strip them of near all leaves just with 9 plants.my average is 5 1/2 oz ea plant.that’s with dude your droolin. (Celestial dragon x Orange Dreams reversal).I believe the Orange dreams would b similar. in yield I gather

We'll soon see as i've decided to do the Orange Dream, 24 plants total..........I'm feeling well enough to tackle them. Cutting everything Wed/Thurs, cleanup on Friday and maybe by next weekend i'll have them started. Excited about it actually.......

We'll soon see as i've decided to do the Orange Dream, 24 plants total..........I'm feeling well enough to tackle them. Cutting everything Wed/Thurs, cleanup on Friday and maybe by next weekend i'll have them started. Excited about it actually.......
Hell yeah!
My next run is gonna be Jeffs stuff too.
More Cherry Pie Moonshine, Blackberry Moonshine, Blackberry Ticket, and the Garlic Stash v21 you sent me for winning PoM. 🤩

Last edited:
Psyched to see the Orange Dreams.
How do you start your seeds?
You grow in pro mix right?

Glad you're feeling better and excited about a grow.

Last edited:
Yup, saw Dr. on Thurs. after 5 weeks since last appointment. Glucose numbers improving each week, no changes or additions on med's. Exercising daily (not today though, wife just left to see grandchildren overnight so i broke out the Volcano to try the Mandarin Cookies) which makes a big difference in body/mind for sure.

image.jpg

i start my seeds in warm papertowels in a plastic baggy. i keep it someplace a bit warmer, and i usually get 98%-100% sprouts if the seeds are fresh........and yes, Promix with added perlite. Nothing else.......

The difference between our styles is vast though sshz.most of my girls grow bigger and I think that’s because I’m daily feeding in coco/coir .whereas yours stay more compact and sturdier In pro mix.it would not b possible for me to say try 12 in a 4x4 space .I reckon I’d have to completely strip them of near all leaves just with 9 plants.my average is 5 1/2 oz ea plant.that’s with dude your droolin. (Celestial dragon x Orange Dreams reversal).I believe the Orange dreams would b similar. in yield I gather
I'm going to do 12 a side, and see how it works out........i can always reduce to 9 a side or do a deep defoliation and let them fill in the canopy to their liking. Or lollipop up 1/2 the plant instead of a 1/3rd.............

The one plant i harvested weight went from 117 grams to 100 grams overnight..........still drying, i'll be happy at 3 oz. and u happy with any less.

That pic and another were the ones that got me all juiced up and was straight away on my must have list.they appear super dense too.you think those buds look a little like the orange gasm.

One half of the room chopped, the other half tomorrow. Not that terrible of a day since i defoliated a lot and removed a lot of leaves over the past 2 months............worked from 10am u til 5:30pm, then 15 minutes to clean up. Back at it around 9am tomorrow.

So, semi-final yield right now is a bit over 69 oz from the 18 plants, about 3 3/4 oz per plant. I still expect to lose a few more oz as it dries, right now it's in tupperware and i open and close it, along with turning it a few times a day. The high leans to the mello indica side, so-it's not one of my fav's but it's completed covered in resin and should sue well received. I'll post the final numbers and a smoke report over the weekend.

So, i'm winding down this thread..........I had about 69 oz but additional drying lowered it to 66 BUT i forgot the single early plant that was harvested early and is already packaged. That final weight was 2 3/4 oz so final overall weight is between 67-68 oz and i'm damn happy with that. I didn't think it would get close to that but the density of the buds surely made up a lot of the weight.

Also, as it continues to dry and cure, the buzz is getting better and better and i'll talk about that more in my final post in the thread over the weekend.

Back for a smoke review and final post in the thread, as another one (orange dream) has already been started.

So, an interesting smoke, one of Ethos's better item i'd say. It smells more lemony than orange to me, but i said the same thing about the Orange Gasm from Irie Seeds i did a few years back. it's incredibly sticky, the resin is fully coated on every bud i chopped. Yield was solid at over 3 1/2 oz per plant, and that was with 1-2 that had issues. Ethos has 3 versions of their Mandarin Cookies, I did an earlier version of this a couple of years ago and it wasn't half as good as this one.

Regarding the smoke, I'll say my strong preference always leans to the sativa side, which this doesn't. It's not an indica knock out strain either, i consider it a mellow chill type of smoke, strong and long lasting. It produces a thick deep smoke, a joy to smoke. Orange (or lemon) comes out on the exhale, a bit spicey too.

This is probably my 9th or 10th Ethos strain i've done, probably my last for a long while. But it's making me have second thoughts........

That is one thing I have not had with any of my Ethos.
Only time I have ever had seeds is when growing the Hash Plant that is regs and a male snook up on me.

Back
Top Bottom