SSHZ does Ethos "Zsweet Inzanity".........again

It ain’t no fun, especially since it’s my 3rd time this grow and I’m almost 68, so it’s not getting any easier. This strain is a bit more challenging than some of the others, it’s demanding more of my time and effort. At almost 68 now, I’m getting too old for this shit.
At 64 1/2 I am chasing you, I scrogged for the 1st time and when I went to harvest I just Yanked the Plant! From the bottom I pulled down and extracted the plant almost unscaded. SSgrower

When you say your cutting back to 600 ppm does that mean you are going to give 300ppm veg and 300 bloom Im kind of new to this ppm stuff

No, grow/bloom was given together thru weeks 3-6.......Now into week 7, I'm at 100% bloom until the flush begins. The point is it's time to start reducing nitrogen. I'm lowering ppm a bit too, because of the burnt leaf tips i'm finding here and there thru the pom. Overdrive is not as much a bud enhancer as it is a bud finisher, used very late in flowering to finish buds off and pack on weight. So, right now, i'm at 5ml per gallon of Cal/Mag and the rest is bloom ferts to rich the 600ppm threshold.

No, grow/bloom was given together thru weeks 3-6.......Now into week 7, I'm at 100% bloom until the flush begins. The point is it's time to start reducing nitrogen. I'm lowering ppm a bit too, because of the burnt leaf tips i'm finding here and there thru the pom. Overdrive is not as much a bud enhancer as it is a bud finisher, used very late in flowering to finish buds off and pack on weight. So, right now, i'm at 5ml per gallon of Cal/Mag and the rest is bloom ferts to rich the 600ppm threshold.
When or wa week would you use overdrive then. Ive never uaed over drive yet. Im on day 46flower now

Feeding schedule:

Veg thru Flowering week 2- Grow fertilizer

Flowering weeks 3-6, a 50/50 mix Grow/Bloom fertilizer

Flowering weeks 7 until week before flush- Bloom only

Ive been using Botanicare Hydroplex (bloom enhancer) weeks 4-6 or 7 at greatly reduced amounts than what's recommended. Two weeks before flush (last week before chop), i use Advanced Nutes Overdrive at greatly reduced amounts than recommended. TBH, i don't use bud enhancers in flowering too much, So I do and don't. They are not necessary, but might help under some circumstances. I tend to use them more with sativas than indicas. This strain in particular does not produce dense buds, large but not dense, so i'm hoping the enhancers will help in that area.

PPM- I not like to recommend ppm levels to people, because it's very strain specific. I use the general health and leaf coloring to decide where i want to take the ppm. I'm also watering almost daily right now, so I tend to apply at a lower rate than most of you should be at. Leaf tip burn, like I showed above, means they are at their max and it's time to dial it back. i like to push them right up to the tip burn. It the plants were light or lighter green, I'd be raising my ppm about 100-150 ppm until they look better.

To reduce salt (fertilizer) build up, i fertilize for 2 waterings, then flush with plain water (i'll add a bit of Cal/mag too but nothing else) for the 3rd. Then repeat at this schedule moving forward. But i study the plants and let them direct me. It's important to learn the signals your plants are giving off. Always move in small increments......if you have been at a 700 ppm level, and the plants are getting too light green, don't jump to 1100 ppm. Always make small moves up and down.......... Big changes can lead to big trouble.

Hydroplex i use thru weeks 3 thru 7 basically. Early flowerers I use thru week 6, late thru week 7. It all depends on bud size, pistol health (have they started to recede?), and length of expected flowering cycle.

Overdrive use last 2 weeks before flush. No need to over due it.

I never use recommended rates, i always go at least 50% less than what's recommended on container.

Hydroplex i use thru weeks 3 thru 7 basically. Early flowerers I use thru week 6, late thru week 7. It all depends on bud size, pistol health (have they started to recede?), and length of expected flowering cycle.

Overdrive use last 2 weeks before flush. No need to over due it.

I never use recommended rates, i always go at least 50% less than what's recommended on container.
thanks again for your help I do appreciate it PS hit 70 Saturday getting to be an old man

30-40 years ago, people always used to tell me I was born 30 years too early.......cause I was way into pot growing long before anyone else they knew. Now, the times have caught up to all of us......

They used to call me freewheeling after freewheeling Franklin I had every copy of high times ever made not anymore though it's been a good run in a serious note I need to thank you for increasing my yield by 3/4 of a pound on the first run every little bit helps and I'm only gonna try to improve from there appreciate it really do

“Going in for Penis extension sshz”............

Yup going from 12 inches to 16 inches. After my wife had kids, it’s the only thing that will satisfy her.
Was going to say you are lucky man seeing your wife, but?
Love seeing you two weeks ahead of me.
Thanks for the guidance.

Pics up in a few.......

2 feedings in a row, then a fresh water flush with just 2ml of cal mag. PPM is around 700, but go back and forth between 650-725. I've been adding a very small doses of Hydroplex by Botanicare, but will switch to Overdrove by AN in a week or two.I have to be careful since i'm planning on going longer than i normally do, so it throws me off a bit.
Thanks for sharing some of your knowledge man. I appreciate that. I have been following your suggestions and they have come around pretty good considering. One runty one slowly coming around Good so far Thanks again for sharing good advice ☮️

Attachments

• IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Yes, Ethos..............

Speedy, looking good. They look like they need a heavier dose of fertilizer to me.....Up your ppm a bit.

The flushing I mentioned above is used mid to late in flowering, with Promix or a soil medium. I'm not sure i would do it in hydroponics. Hydro is considered a "fast or hot" method, and plants react much more quickly to changes, good or bad. Promix is much more forgiving, although a fertilizer buildup is more likely to happen, especially after months into growth.

I keep emphasizing to watch your plants..... too green or leaf burn, cute back on things. Too light in color, up the ppm a bit. i think more people over fertilize than under, and i typically under-fertilize throughout my grows, especially early on. Lots of my grows early on don't look great, but the plants always catch up and do fine as flowering nears. I'm just from the school that less is more, and it's easier to recover by adding more than flushing and removing or lowering application rates after issues start.

Last edited:
By the way, Advanced nutrients is such a joke..........if they could, they would sell you something different for every week in flowering.

Big Bud- weeks 2-5, 0-1-3

Bud Ignitor- weeks 1-2, 0-1-2

Overdrive- weeks 6-7, 1-5-4

But be careful, these are based on a an 8 week flowering period so it has to be adjusted if you go longer. Point is, their stuff is more based on P/K ratios rather than levels of nutes.

i compared the Botanicare Hydroplex, which is given during heavy bud growth, weeks 3-6 or 7. Thats 0-10-6 NPK.

I'll probably just use reduced amount of the Overdrive moving forward until the last week of flowering.

By the way, Advanced nutrients is such a joke..........if they could, they would sell you something different for every week in flowering.

Big Bud- weeks 2-5, 0-1-3

Bud Ignitor- weeks 1-2, 0-1-2

Overdrive- weeks 6-7, 1-5-4

But be careful, these are based on a an 8 week flowering period so it has to be adjusted if you go longer. Point is, their stuff is more based on P/K ratios rather than levels of nutes.

i compared the Botanicare Hydroplex, which is given during heavy bud growth, weeks 3-6 or 7. Thats 0-10-6 NPK.

I'll probably just use reduced amount of the Overdrive moving forward until the last week of flowering.
Ordered the overdrive earlier. Wil come on day 49 flower. Il use it for 7-10 days at half strength. Then ro water for few.days then chop day 63-65

Yes, Ethos..............

Speedy, looking good. They look like they need a heavier dose of fertilizer to me.....Up your ppm a bit.

The flushing I mentioned above is used mid to late in flowering, with Promix or a soil medium. I'm not sure i would do it in hydroponics. Hydro is considered a "fast or hot" method, and plants react much more quickly to changes, good or bad. Promix is much more forgiving, although a fertilizer buildup is more likely to happen, especially after months into growth.

I keep emphasizing to watch your plants..... too green or leaf burn, cute back on things. Too light in color, up the ppm a bit. i think more people over fertilize than under, and i typically under-fertilize throughout my grows, especially early on. Lots of my grows early on don't look great, but the plants always catch up and do fine as flowering nears. I'm just from the school that less is more, and it's easier to recover by adding more than flushing and removing or lowering application rates after issues start.
Thanks again Thats what I’m running for nutes is an. The more i read and learn the more i wonder how i let the grow store talk me into using it.. i was wondering about salt buildup and flushing. Is it watering right through to runoff with promix to clear any buildup necessary? Last feeding was 9ml/gal cal/mag and 1.4ml/lt a&b for 740ppm 6.3

I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro fertilizers, which are 99% organic and generally do not build up in mediums like chemical fertilizer like AN’s. So, typically, with the Pro, if and when I flush, it’s generally done later in flowering if at all.

I do not water to runoff......I put just enough in before runoff begins. I don’t like runoffs since it floods the room and increases humidity to really high levels. Some mediums, like rock wool and other, runoff is necessary to reduce salt buildup. And most chemical fertilizers in any medium I would feed to runoff too. But with my nutes and medium, it’s just not necessary and more of a waste of products than anything else.

I also don’t flush very much in the end, maybe just the last 3-5 days. I often use at molasses to those flushes too, but nothing else. Make sure it’s unsulfered. Remember too, I use reverse osmosis water, with a starting point, ppm, of around 30. With that, more calmag is necessary until the last 2 weeks when it should be stop altogether as it inhibits resin production.

I’ve run out of Hydroplex now, so I’m going to do half doses of Overdrive every other watering. I want to build up P/K these next couple of weeks, as Botanicare stuff if not packed with it.

It’s always great to know the exact finishing schedule of your plants, so you can plan when to start and stop things. I generally always go to at least 70 days now, no matter what I’m growing. That seems to be the minimum for most stuff these days. Probably 68 days at the absolute earliest. Remember Soma (an old time breeder) always said, when you think they are ready, give them another week! Words to live by............

Here's the molasses you should try and find...........

image.jpg

Look what's in here, all natural......all good stuff.image.jpg

I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro fertilizers, which are 99% organic and generally do not build up in mediums like chemical fertilizer like AN’s. So, typically, with the Pro, if and when I flush, it’s generally done later in flowering if at all.

I do not water to runoff......I put just enough in before runoff begins. I don’t like runoffs since it floods the room and increases humidity to really high levels. Some mediums, like rock wool and other, runoff is necessary to reduce salt buildup. And most chemical fertilizers in any medium I would feed to runoff too. But with my nutes and medium, it’s just not necessary and more of a waste of products than anything else.

I also don’t flush very much in the end, maybe just the last 3-5 days. I often use at molasses to those flushes too, but nothing else. Make sure it’s unsulfered. Remember too, I use reverse osmosis water, with a starting point, ppm, of around 30. With that, more calmag is necessary until the last 2 weeks when it should be stop altogether as it inhibits resin production.

I’ve run out of Hydroplex now, so I’m going to do half doses of Overdrive every other watering. I want to build up P/K these next couple of weeks, as Botanicare stuff if not packed with it.

It’s always great to know the exact finishing schedule of your plants, so you can plan when to start and stop things. I generally always go to at least 70 days now, no matter what I’m growing. That seems to be the minimum for most stuff these days. Probably 68 days at the absolute earliest. Remember Soma (an old time breeder) always said, when you think they are ready, give them another week! Words to live by............
Thank you I have been trying to only give them the volume they can use up in 3 days. Thats maybe why I haven’t ran into any issues with buildup yet. The last feeding they got 1/2 gal each. Build up has been on my mind though of late. The previous feeding i gave the front left and right a gallon to see if i could get some runoff. I did not. Front left within a couple hours drooped and curled quite badly like it was over watered. By morning though it had improved. Perhaps i should have been in smaller pots. Will be a easier maybe in that regard when they are bigger.

Back
Top Bottom