SSHZ does Ethos "Zsweet Inzanity".........again

Intersting.......I'm seeing true Durban Poison described as having a licorise smell. I describe my strain, which is heavily influenced by D.P., as smelling like anise liquor. It prompted a google search:

"Anise and licorice have a similar flavor and smell, but they do have differences in taste. Anise tends to be spicy and a little sweet. Licorice, on the other hand, can be bitter, salty, and even sour. They smell similarly because they both have anethole, which is an organic flavoring compound."

It's the sure way you know you have a true Durban Poison, so Ethos passed this test.

LOL>..........thats just the way they are sitting when I put them back in there. Not sure what is up with the light green plant in the back right. It may be light bleaching, as its the tallest plant in the room and the LED was damn close for a long time. She seems to be producing, so Im not worrying about it. When I had her out, I check her out and lower on the plant was fine- nice and green. So, most likely, its the bleaching affect.

I may pull the first row of plants out on the other side, and thin them out a bit on Monday. Theres a lot of leaves, a thinning may be necessary. I wont need to stake anything, just a thinning out to expose the buds more.

It really depends on the strain...........Most strains stay fairly short under these LED's. This one has a lot of sativa in in, so it tends to grow a bit taller and the branches aren't strong enough to hold the weight on some phenos.

It ain’t no fun, especially since it’s my 3rd time this grow and I’m almost 68, so it’s not getting any easier. This strain is a bit more challenging than some of the others, it’s demanding more of my time and effort. At almost 68 now, I’m getting too old for this shit.

Could you tell I was a bit down last night......just tired and football was not going well. Lol

This morning I pulled 4 plants out on the other side, not to tie them up but just a thinning as they had a lot of leaves covering up buds. I think Im good to go now, no more playing around other than watering.

Interesting note- After removing a lot of leaves and such, this resin is not a “sticky” resin, it’s more greasy than anything. My thumb and forefinger were black but not sticky at all. I’ll have to go back to my old threads and see if I mentioned that previously.

Could you tell I was a bit down last night......just tired and football was not going well. Lol

This morning I pulled 4 plants out on the other side, not to tie them up but just a thinning as they had a lot of leaves covering up buds. I think Im good to go now, no more playing around other than watering.

Interesting note- After removing a lot of leaves and such, this resin is not a “sticky” resin, it’s more greasy than anything. My thumb and forefinger were black but not sticky at all. I’ll have to go back to my old threads and see if I mentioned that previously.
This last run I did the Florida Strawberry cultivar had these weird watery brown pearls that I'd find every so often at the base of the flower. I wish I had taken a pic. At first I thought it might be nute that got on the leaves but I don't wet the leaves. Have you ever run into this?

Can't say i have but i think i've seen pic's of what you are talking about.........anyone else?

I wish i had paid more attention when i saw the pic......... I really do not have a clue. i will try to find it again.

Reactions: Max

Yeah you have mentioned this few grows back.can’t remember which one..I rubbed my fingers on one last night and all I could smell was pussy..took me about 10 secs to work it out 🤣

How about this pic of the strain in my 2018 grow.......not topped or defoliated. Look at the size of this colas, and the height! Then go above to post #303 and notice the difference between topping and not topping. Both pics were taken at day 38 in flowering. Right before the 2018 pic was taken, i did a post talking about ripping the room apart since everything was leaning- the entire room was tilted. lol This pic was just after the staking.

. unnamed.jpg

Week 6 thru flowering on Saturday........things moving ahead nicely. I'm again seeing some gnats buzzing around so i removed the old sticky traps that were covered with gnats and placed new sticky cards around, while adding some gnat bits to each pot to kill the larva. I don't see these finishing in 4 weeks, probably 5 weeks at a minimum.

One thing i wanted to mention is how the water produced from the dehumidifier comes in handy. i typically am putting 20 gallons into the room every 24-36 hours. That's filling a 5 gallon container with reverse osmosis water each day 4 times. That sucks. The dehumidifier holds almost 2 gallons, which i empty 2+ times a day normally. i pour it right into my water reservoir, which works nicely.

Pics up at 11am with lights on.........

Week 6 thru flowering on Saturday........things moving ahead nicely. I'm again seeing some gnats buzzing around so i removed the old sticky traps that were covered with gnats and placed new sticky cards around, while adding some gnat bits to each pot to kill the larva. I don't see these finishing in 4 weeks, probably 5 weeks at a minimum.

One thing i wanted to mention is how the water produced from the dehumidifier comes in handy. i typically am putting 20 gallons into the room every 24-36 hours. That's filling a 5 gallon container with reverse osmosis water each day 4 times. That sucks. The dehumidifier holds almost 2 gallons, which i empty 2+ times a day normally. i pour it right into my water reservoir, which works nicely.

Pics up at 11am with lights on.........
Hey man i am wondering how you are feeding them now? What ppm range are you running, how much calmag, and if you use any bloom boosters and how? Thank you

Pics up in a few.......

2 feedings in a row, then a fresh water flush with just 2ml of cal mag. PPM is around 700, but go back and forth between 650-725. I've been adding a very small doses of Hydroplex by Botanicare, but will switch to Overdrove by AN in a week or two.I have to be careful since i'm planning on going longer than i normally do, so it throws me off a bit.

they aren’t that dark are they..

the flash really highlights the frost ❄️

Probably not, but i continue to fertilize with a 50/50 grow/bloom mix......... Now in week 7, i'm only doing bloom right now thru week 9-10, depending on how long I actually go. I ordered Overdrive for the last couple of weeks,and haven't decided if i'm using this time or now. It so, at 1/2 the recommended dose.

Ill take a closeup shortly so.....

Notice on the pic above, to the left, the couple of leaves with the burnt leaf tips. That's where i try to get to, just the beginning of a burn, which tells me to cut back on fertilization a bit. I'll flush with tonight's watering, then cut back to around 600ppm for a while. This is exactly where i want to be at this point, in week 7.

I didn’t expect to see pistils dieing at week 7 .I reckon you will take that one by week 10 or a little before..how long did you grow the last zweets out…..got pics at same time..

9 and 10 weeks the first time.....but felt in the end i should have let them go longer. It was still very good.

This crop i'll go 10 and 11 weeks. Still, i'm having surgery on 11/13 so everything will need to be dried and gone by then. i expect for the heat on in the house by then, which shortens dry time quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom