Smoke Report: The Rhombus (Irie Genetics)

MysticEpipedon

Herb Hitman
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
(Just another reminder that we need a smoke report section.)

This is a quick report on Irie's The Rhombus (Chem 4 x Afterglow) -- a feminized indica dom.

For those unfamiliar with the breeder (Rasta Jeff), he became of interest to me when I discovered he's a wealth of wonderful sativa dominant strains. Many are energizing, some are ceilingless. But no matter, because this is one of his indica doms.

Something about my central nervous system: Racy sativa doms are what I live for -- usually very lemony scented girls. I can smoke these all day and do just about anything under their influence that I can do while straight. Indicas, on the other hand, generally have one effect on me -- making me dull. A good indica, for me, makes me VERY dull and puts me out.

I use indica doms for sleep aids, mostly, and that was my intent when I grew this strain, which I got as a freebie. I had two plants, two phenos, and both EXCEL at putting me out, but pheno 2 really does me in.

This is an easy-to-grow strain. Pheno 1 took 8 weeks from flip, pheno 2 took 12 weeks from flip.

Scents/tastes (glass pipe and The Mighty vape)
Pheno 1 smells like sweet citrus, with some chemicals in the background.
TheRhombus.jpeg
Pheno 2 smells and tastes like garlic + some undefined herb scent. A little citrus is also there. The Afterglow daddy was apparently responsible, who has Clementine in his background.

Effects - This is what the Irie website says: Rhombus will have you fantasizing about big adventures and amazing ideas, but you will be too stuck to the couch to do any of them.

This is what I say, 15 minutes after doing a few hits or a vape full: __________________________

That's right, I'm not saying anything, because I'm too busy drooling out of the corner of my mouth, onto my pillow, completely unconscious.

Sorry I can't tell you more about the intricacies of the buzz, but that's what powerful indica doms do to me. It's what I wanted it to do to me. It did it as well or better than any strain I've tried, to date.

Did I keep a cut? Of course not. I still have two more seeds. I'll see how they compare. With two plants, two different phenos, who knows how many other phenos might be there.

I havent bought a lot of seeds as I dont know much about the genetics side of things yet, but am making a list of strains I'd like to grow and this sounds nice. Thanks for the report!

This is a quick report on Irie's The Rhombus (Chem 4 x Afterglow) -- a feminized indica dom.

For those unfamiliar with the breeder (Rasta Jeff), he became of interest to me when I discovered he's a wealth of wonderful sativa dominant strains. Many are energizing, some are ceilingless. But no matter, because this is one of his indica doms.

Something about my central nervous system: Racy sativa doms are what I live for -- usually very lemony scented girls. I can smoke these all day and do just about anything under their influence that I can do while straight. Indicas, on the other hand, generally have one effect on me -- making me dull. A good indica, for me, makes me VERY dull and puts me out.

I use indica doms for sleep aids, mostly, and that was my intent when I grew this strain, which I got as a freebie. I had two plants, two phenos, and both EXCEL at putting me out, but pheno 2 really does me in.

This is an easy-to-grow strain. Pheno 1 took 8 weeks from flip, pheno 2 took 12 weeks from flip.

View attachment 16085
Pheno 2 smells and tastes like garlic + some undefined herb scent. A little citrus is also there. The Afterglow daddy was apparently responsible, who has Clementine in his background.

Effects - This is what the Irie website says: Rhombus will have you fantasizing about big adventures and amazing ideas, but you will be too stuck to the couch to do any of them.

This is what I say, 15 minutes after doing a few hits or a vape full: __________________________

That's right, I'm not saying anything, because I'm too busy drooling out of the corner of my mouth, onto my pillow, completely unconscious.

Sorry I can't tell you more about the intricacies of the buzz, but that's what powerful indica doms do to me. It's what I wanted it to do to me. It did it as well or better than any strain I've tried, to date.

Did I keep a cut? Of course not. I still have two more seeds. I'll see how they compare. With two plants, two different phenos, who knows how many other phenos might be there.
I’ll see what I can do about getting a smoke report section ! Great idea

I get that same effect from some original Jack Herer. Strong head high but not couch lock.

View attachment 16085

I am so looking forward to growing a good sativa, I may need to look into Rasta Jeff’s goods!
A speedy morning smoke is a favorite!

I am so looking forward to growing a good sativa, I may need to look into Rasta Jeff’s goods!
A speedy morning smoke is a favorite!
I recommend his Orange Gasm when it’s back in stock..........I have a grow of it at the farm. A really nice strain from all perspectives.

I've been finding that limonene tends to make weed a bit speedy, the orange scented sativa doms seem to be a more "friendly" high.

I read that Orange-gasm grow diary. That's why I got a pack when it became available a few months ago. It seems to disappear very quickly after they're available, along with Lemon Jeffery.

I have tried Irie strains that I don't like, but it's always been because of my personal, quirky weed preferences and not low potency.

What were your best yielders……..

What were your best yielders……..
Good Irie yielders include Arise, Bebop, Lemon Sunrise, Scarlet Begonias and The Convergence. Lemon Jeffrey was a good yielder, too.

Most of these are M/F, so they won't be of much use to you. Also, some of them have high yielding phenos, but also some low yielders, like Scarlet Begonias. Rhombus was about average.

The one that I think everyone would be impressed with is Arise. It's near the middle of the sativa-indica spectrum, yields well, plays well with others, looks average and then you find out it's not.

I got some that "Bad Motherfuckers" 4K colorado bred, Gorilla Goat and a skunk tester from Jeff, can't wait for a smoke report for those, tester is in coco now. SS

Back
Top Bottom