SSHZ does Captain RedBeard's "Biscotti Blonde" and Lit Farms "All Starz"..........

We are talking about Expert Seed Bank, for those who are curious......

So, 10 of each strain have made it thru the soil line, although 1 of the All Starz is in shaky ground. Yesterday was day 1 in veg..........

Last edited:
Thinking about my spray regimen this crop......I feel it was very successful last grow with no visible insects or leaf damage throughout the entire grow. I'll probably do the same exact process this grow too.

Step 1. After emptying the room except the hanging lights, I bomb the room with a general insect bomb and let it sit in there for 3-4 hours before turning on the exhaust over night. If you have an air filter, cover it entirely with a large plastic bag first, to stop the spray covering the charcoal and pre-filter. Wipe the led's down with a wet rag and let them air dry the next day, lights off for a bit.

2. Week 3 I do 2 things: first is flush the soil with Venerate, I think it's 2 tablespoons per gallon. This will add a bacteria that attacks some insects, especially spider mites and eggs. It takes about a week or so to work, but it's effective. Second, I give the entire room- plants, pots, floor, and walls a spray of Monterey Garden Insect Spray with spinosad. Its oil based- you want to spray before the start of pistil development in flowering.

3. In week 2 of flowering, I'll spray with either that old time recipe I've given out numerous times (peppermint/tree oils, alcohol and hydrogen peroxide) or with Flying Skull's Nuke'em, Dr. Zymes Eliminator or similar citrus based insect killer. I've mentioned many of them over the years.

The key here is be proactive- don't wait for a problem to treat the room.

So, where are we with the Biscotti?

Not even a week into the seedling sprouting.........I will post when i have something new going on. Nothing worse that watching a 2 inch sprout.

I gave all my Lemon Jeffrey away stupidly.........Irie has not had them in stock for a long time now. i keep checking.

What’s up with these seed breeders.I’m seeing quite a few stunted ,mutant ones more than the usual.that one doesn’t look like it has top shoot.looks like a bastard plant😁

What’s up with these seed breeders.I’m seeing quite a few stunted ,mutant ones more than the usual.that one doesn’t look like it has top shoot.looks like a bastard plant😁
No one works anything anymore, it's all about releasing as many lines as possible in 1 year for the most money.
200 and 300 dollar packs of seeds and I see so many complaints from some of these breeders gear.

If people took 4 or 5 years to work just a couple lines, things would be so much more stable

I think MassMedical has done like 7 or 8 drops in 10 months and not 1 cross uses the same parent.
Idk.
Its just sad I guess. Not many do this for the love of the plant anymore, I'd say 90% are in it just for the money.

Whenever someone crosses a strain or two that are loved it is an easy sell to those with no knowledge of breeding.
If people really knew how long it took and the effort and LUCK it took to get what they just destroyed they might learn to think and act different.
No/ zero respect for those commercial breeders just chucking it.
Think about why they call it pollen chuckin.
Because it sure is not legit, researched breeding.
The LAST thing I want is new and improved.
I want what was old and great.
Today warning labels look different; 1728919319866.png

What happened to people looking for the best of a strain and breeding them back to each other?
Takes too long to not have a new name, I guess.

It's been said many times now- breeders from years past LOVED the plant first, money was secondary. Now a days, it's money first, the plant second or worse. I find more mutants than I ever have. And sprouting rates have fallen a bit too.

But to be honest, Lit Farms stuff is expensive, I've already paid $350 for a pack of something there. When they only have 1-2 packs left of a strain, they cut the price in half. So, a lot of my purchases there are 2-3 year old stuff, on its way out for good. More mutants and poorer sprouting has to be expected when growing out older stuff. Not always, but often............

What I'm growing now, All Starz, was the last pack in stock but NOT discounted- priced at $250. I had a reason to buy it but damn if I remember what it was now! lol I am also seeing a lot of their stuff on sale at Heritage Seedbank, among other places.

Last edited:
"Hobby breeders" are where I've been noticing more work being put in lately, because they are doing it simply for the fun/love of it rather than making money.

Gotta look for those small boutique/craft breeders that don't follow all the hype and actually want to make something.

I've got 4 strains to test from a small craft guy on discord.
All Big Bud crosses, hoping to find something worthwhile.
He sent 20 of each strain so should be able to find at least 1 worthy contestant.
I dont want to interfere with your journal but i have been looking for seeds for next grow
for two days can anyone tell were to find a good indica dominant high in thc and yield from a good seed vender thanks Phil

I dont want to interfere with your journal but i have been looking for seeds for next grow
for two days can anyone tell were to find a good indica dominant high in thc and yield from a good seed vender thanks Phil
Oh jeez so many options lol.
Uhm.
Neptune Seed Bank and Great Lakes Genetics have a great selection of many breeders and cultivars.
I'd start there if I were looking.

Are you by chance on discord?

Uhm.
Neptune Seed Bank and Great Lakes Genetics have a great selection of many breeders and cultivars.

Are you by chance on d

Uhm.

Are you by chance on discord?
No I am Not on discord I'm really not very good with computers I was hoping to find some of you guys that's actually growing it and you really like I've grown a lot of ethos I'm trying to find another good supplier I will check under the two you told me and I appreciate it thank you very much

No I am Not on discord I'm really not very good with computers I was hoping to find some of you guys that's actually growing it and you really like I've grown a lot of ethos I'm trying to find another good supplier I will check under the two you told me and I appreciate it thank you very much
@CannaGranny has had a lot of great things to say about Captain Redbeard as well if you wanna check him out.
I'm growing Gassy Crème Cake from him and it screams heavy indica by the leaf structure

We have a seller here.
B2ACG list sales monthly for both photo and autos. Here is his photo list for Sept.
You just DM him here and he should get back to you.
I have grown some from him and they turned out well.
I am big Ethos fan and have them going now with a couple other things.

We have a seller here.
B2ACG list sales monthly for both photo and autos. Here is his photo list for Sept.
I am big Ethos fan and have them going now with a couple other things.
I'm always forgetting to tag that guy 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Maybe some day I'll get it right 😑

We have a seller here.
I am big Ethos fan and have them going now with a couple other t

Ethos blows..........I've grown more of their stuff than most and I'm here to tell you good yields, beautiful plants and so-so buzz. In 12-13 strains I've done, 2 were very nice and both are discontinued. After 3.5 months of growing, I'm constantly asking, "where's the buzz"? I'm done with them.......

I'm more of a sativa leaner guy, so i'm not the one to ask for indica's. Both the Rainbow and Runtz I did last crop were indicas, and both seem to have a lot of sativa in them than expected.

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Max
Ethos blows..........I've grown more of their stuff than most and I'm here to tell you good yields, beautiful plants and so-so buzz. In 12-13 strains I've done, 2 were very nice and both are discontinued. After 3.5 months of growing, I'm constantly asking, "where's the buzz"? I'm done with them.......

I'm more of a sativa leaner guy, so i'm not the one to ask for indica's. Both the Rainbow and Runtz I did last crop were indicas, and both seem to have a lot of sativa in them than expected.
Redbeards Orange Widow is pure work weed! That’s house cleaning, mow the yard, mop the floor kind of stash!

Back
Top Bottom