SSHZ- Lit Farms "Rainbow Marker" & GreenPoint "Purple Runtz"

I'm still deciding how to go since I hand water daily..........That's a lot of fertilizer if you don't cut it down some. I'll start slow, watch the plants and let them tell me how to proceed. The other issue, where I'm a bit different, is I like to keep the Nitrogen high until week 5 or so (in flowering) so they don't yellow early. I'll just going with the flow.........
@SSHZ, you hand water daily? i might have to try that.
How many cups per plant, at this point in time and what size are those pots?

Yes, I basically hand water every 24-36 hours, as needed. The pots are 5 gallons, but they actually only hold 4.2 gallons of soil. It's probably 1 1/2 quarts of water each watering. It's important to note I would only do it if you are using organic fertilizer. Because the water does not run out the bottom, fertilizer could build up in the medium after a while. I do it this way so the water does not sit on the floor, attracting insects and mold. It also helps keep humidity on the low end.

Max, I forgot to check out the one plant, I'll do it tomorrow.

The plant in question has a few leaves lighter than the rest but the rest of the plant looks identical to the others.....I will say the uniformness of the Purple Runtz is amazing.....

image.jpg

At the end of 3 weeks, it sure does appear another defoliation will have to happen......I'll just have to show some restraint in the process to ward off any stunting of growth. Otherwise, the reduction of nutrients by about 150ppm with each watering has improved the health of this grow over some of my others. I'm also keeping a close watch of the distance between the plants and the LED's- I'm basically raising the lights right now 1-3 inches every other day.

The app also allows you to create a map , this is the map I created for a RDJ bounds led fixture over a 4x4 area.
View attachment 66416
Nice yea this app I recommend over photone, photone caps out unless you got top tier camera on your phone, mine being medium it caps out at like 750 ppfd. I found without checking them against a true par meter that ppfd meter made my plants happy and photone pissed them off lol.

i'll have to start researching the apps more, I looked around already but hadn't decided........

Which bud are you smoking first?

1722207712352.jpeg

2 looks most gassy to me, 2

Max nailed it, 3 and then 1 for me......... although #5 reminds me of some Maui Wowie from the early 80's I used to get from my dentist friend. He had west coast connections, not cheap at $300 an oz 45 years ago! Well worth it though.

I haven't mentioned I've sprayed twice, and may still hit them with Grandevo about a month into flowering. First up was Monterey Insect spray (Spinosad), then a few nights ago I hit them with that old time spray I've mentioned in the past (alcohol, peppermint and tree oil, and hydrogen peroxide). Plants look great, no ill effects anywhere.

So many tops and great call on topping.first gals I’ve seen stretching out in your room abit ..looks good sshz.

Not sure what to make of the Rainbow Marker strain yet..........lots of variety in just 9 plants. I'm thinking I got another week or so of stretching. Let's review........which isn't worth much.

Introduction to the Rainbow Marker Strain (RS-11 x Permanent Marker)​

The Rainbow Marker strain, a vibrant and colorful addition to the cannabis market, is making waves among enthusiasts and growers alike. Bred by LIT Farms, this feminized masterpiece is a cross between the notable RS-11 and Permanent Marker, promising a unique blend of flavors, aromas, and effects. In this review, we’ll dive into the world of Rainbow Marker, exploring its characteristics, origins, and why it’s quickly becoming a must-try for anyone in the cannabis community.

Key Takeaways​

Rainbow Marker is not just another strain; it’s a sensory experience. With its high THC content ranging from 25 percent to 30 percent, users can expect a potent yet balanced high, perfect for both recreational and medicinal use. Its flowering time of 56 to 70 days makes it a suitable choice for cultivators looking for a rewarding challenge.

Strain Overview​

Characteristics​

The Rainbow Marker strain stands out with its kaleidoscopic appearance, featuring dense buds covered in a spectrum of greens and purples, all under a thick blanket of trichomes. Its aromas are a complex mix of tropical fruits, sweet earth, and sharp diesel, making every hit a delightful surprise.

And off their website....

"RS-11, also known as “Rainbow Sherbert #11,” brings its energizing effects to the mix, inducing giggles, talkativeness, and an uplifting euphoria. With its higher than average THC potency, RS-11 delivers a powerful punch that will awaken your creativity and leave you feeling mentally alert. The smooth smoke and fruity flavor profile, with hints of sour citrus, make every hit a delightful experience. This strain stands out with its vibrant lime green and space yellow hues, a visual representation of its captivating effects.

The addition of Permanent Marker intensifies the experience, with its tingling sensations, arousing vibes, and talkative nature. This strain, bred and grown by the esteemed Seed Junky Genetics and selected by Doja Pak, is a true gem. The fusion of Biscotti, Jealousy, and Sherb Bx cultivars creates a complex flavor profile that seamlessly combines floral, soapy, candy, and gassy funk notes. The lingering pungent flavor of a soapy funk with hints of candy and floral gas will leave you craving for more. Permanent Marker is known for its potent effects that enhance creativity, making it the perfect companion for daytime relaxation and artistic endeavors."

Below answers some questions.

Growing Purple Runtz

Runtz, the mother of Purple Runtz, is an infamously difficult-to-grow strain. This cultivar requires a precise growing environment free from pests, diseases, and environmental strainors. Providing the plants with a consistent pH, ample lighting, and a diet high in macro and micronutrients is critical for a successful harvest.

In contrast, Purple Punch is an easy-to-grow strain for growers of all skill levels. When given adequate spacing and airflow, this strain produces an abundant yield of top-shelf buds. Its flowers tend to be heavy and dense, and its branches can become too weighty for the stems if they aren’t supported carefully.

Purple Runtz is a relatively easy-growing strain and is resistant to most stressors. It flowers in eight to nine weeks and produces a medium-size yield of connoisseur-grade buds. This strain may require staking, as its colas can become too heavy for the stems if they aren’t supported carefully.

I've done numerous Purple strains, and was disappointed most of the time........coloring was interesting, but it did nothing to enhance the buzz. This one got really good reviews up and down the line- the main issue will yield. Doubtful I'll get 3 lbs with this one..........the Rainbow Marker will yield even less....

I did one Purple Punch hybrid, can't remember from who- maybe Sannie (how many know of him?) or Dynasty Seeds..........I'll have to think about it some. Anyhow, a knockout indica that put me out 15 minutes after I smoked it- everytime. It was outstanding.

Some interesting observations this crop........I (1) lowered the ppm from the 600's to the 500's with most waterings, sprinkling in a low ppm watering with cal/mag only here and there, (2) the lights have been raised continuously as the plants stretched, and (3) cal/mag has been lightly applied at 5ml straight thru.

The effect 1) is a healthier crop overall, (2) a taller crop than usual and (3) a slight cal/mag deficiency throughout the room. I'm giving the plants a nite time cal/mag foliar feeding of 5ml (gallon) tonight after the room cools down more.

I also gave the promix a Venerate flush when I watered today.........I'll probably do a Grandevo spraying around week 5-6, since the flowering plants showed no ill will towards the spray last crop. They weren't as pretty, since the spray leaves a grey clay remainder but who cares if it works.

Back
Top Bottom