Bud Builders - Making Friends, Growing Cannabis

Register a free account today to become a Bud Builders member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on our site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

Join the fun and make some friends!

SSHZ- Purple Lobster, Orange Kush Cake, Liqueur strains.......

SSHZ

Kush Kingpin
Bud Builders Supporter
Joined
Apr 14, 2023
Messages
2,371
Reaction score
10,849
First up, O.K.C. by Ethos.........only 50% of these sprouted, just bought them too so these are older stock. Plants grew into monsters and major bending has been going on. I was recovering from surgery and wasn't spending any time in the room other than watering so they weren't topped, but were defoliated and lolipopped to make watering easier. Loads of genetics in these, (Wedding Cake x Jilly bean) x Triangke Kush x Mandarine Cookies. Lots to digest right there.....30 day veg, day 46 in flowering. Super chunky top to bottom. Strain says 8-10 weeks, this one looks to be in the earlier side........big, hard, chunky buds for sure.........others to follow when I can get to it.


IMG_4260.jpeg
 
I remember seeing the Purple Lobster on B2ACGs list.
Interested in how that goes for you.
Glad to hear you are on the mend, getting old ain't for sissies.
I just had my hernia fixed at the beginning of the month.
Robotic surgery is amazing, although I don't remember any of it.

Glad to see you posting again, thanks.
🍻
 
You know, when I smoke i feel like shit for 3 days.....no joke. I'm having a heart procedure next (lol) in a month or two, maybe after that, I'll feel up to it. I took a bite of a 20mg gummie 2 nights ago, almost by accident. I was wrapping some up for a friend, and in the bag was a small piece of one that I used to nibble on a while back. i took what was left of it without thinking almost......I got so f*cked up, I woke the wife to talk with me for a while. I was soooo high, it wasn't enjoyable at all. Although, I got a great night sleep. I really think I've outgrown smoking anymore.

Also, the last 2 years I've felt like I was in a fog all the time. Between the statins I was taking for cholesterol and the gummies, my head was in a fog. I'm feeling a lot better, much clearer in the mind........
 
So stopping smoking has made you feel better…..since I stopped heads better lungs cleaner but fuck life’s more boring lol..
I do have cones every now and then with mates .i turn my back to them half pack it so I don’t get too smashed 😂I’m same but with alcohol ,after a good sesh it takes me near a week to feel better..
 
Impacts my heart, get chest pains, for a few days. Future heart catherization to relieve blockage I'm assuming coming very soon after this crop harvest. Doctor was pissed I delayed it, we're now in the outs. lol He said be back within 3 months or else.......lol

Haven't drank since college, it gives me a headache almost immediately. It's easy not to do that, my 2 best friends were alcoholics and died in their 40's and 50's. Not good......

I'm in a couple of football pools, the biggest is a $100k pool.....I came in 2nd a few years ago but since I've been taking statins, lost the clarity of making sharp decisions. Off that shit now and in top 5 in all three contests right now after 3 weeks.
 
B2ACG's Purple Lobster- some plants yellowed early, others did not. Not sure if led's were too close or they were sensitive to it cause the other side of the room stayed nicely green. Some plants are putting off very nice weight, like this one. Thru 7 weeks flowering today.......

IMG_4271.jpeg
 
Last edited:
And certainly not last is Ethos Liqueur..........probably not as heavy a yielder as Ethos claims but it still looks great at this point. Everything I'm growing is 8-10 weeks flowering so there is definitely some variance in the room. I may just let everything go to 9.5-10 weeks and just shorten the on-light schedule down an hour each week starting week 8 and reduce the watering a bit. The Liqueur is definitely a looker and could be next months contest winner here.........image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Also, i'm jumping back up to 24 plants in the room moving forward. I've been only doing 18 to make it easier on myself watering wise but I keep running out and have no back stock what so ever........with the holidays coming and what appears to be a monumentally bad winter, sales normally increase quite a bit this time of year now thru News Year.

I'll have to keep up with the topping and defoliating for sure. Next up will be B2ACG's White Truffle, which looks amazing and some Ethos Chem Funk- Ethos normally does a great job on their Chems and OG's so I'll have some of these in there too.

Notice how healthy this plant is vs. the yellowing Purple Lobster.........makes no sense to me other than some plants are more sensitive. Everything else is exactly equal i.e. fertilizer comes from the same container, lights at the same distance from top of tallest plants, etc., etc..
 
Back
Top Bottom