@CannaGranny any recommendations on how long to brew xtreme teas? I know you cut yours in half, I did that but I'm using the whole one over 10 gallons, half per 5 gallon. Anyway I didn't see anything on back about using a pump and air stones but I am for a while at least figured I'd let it brew all day then use it this evening? Good enough?
Most believe a 24 hour brew activates all the microbes.
One mfg I read said a week~! :oops:
Less than 24 hours should not be an issue, just maybe take a day extra to start having full effect.
The microbes/bacteria will continue to grow in the soil as long as it is properly moist.

For what it is worth I have used teas from roots organic dry and worked them into the soil.
Their directions merely say to mix / agitate before installing.

@CannaGranny any recommendations on how long to brew xtreme teas? I know you cut yours in half, I did that but I'm using the whole one over 10 gallons, half per 5 gallon. Anyway I didn't see anything on back about using a pump and air stones but I am for a while at least figured I'd let it brew all day then use it this evening? Good enough?
I use the air stones, and you will need to as well. I run mine at least 24 hrs with a max of 48. I also drop a tablespoon of black strap molasses in it, it helps greatly with the microbial activity. You can get your pump and stones at Walmart in the fish section. Pretty affordable. I run a whole bag per five gallons. Just using 4 cups per seven gallon bags, I hardly ever have a use for five gals at a time. That’s why I split my bags in half. Also, I’m a tightwad! Hope this helps! Some pretty amazing stuff.
One more thing, prior to using the tea, I rub 3-4 tablespoons of mushroom compost and 3 tablespoons of Flower Girl into my soil. I add the cups of tea and finish up watering with plain water. It’s actually pretty hot.
I do this the week prior to going to flower and again two weeks after going to flower.

Last edited:
I use the air stones, and you will need to as well. I run mine at least 24 hrs with a max of 48. I also drop a tablespoon of black strap molasses in it, it helps greatly with the microbial activity. You can get your pump and stones at Walmart in the fish section. Pretty affordable. I run a whole bag per five gallons. Just using 4 cups per seven gallon bags, I hardly ever have a use for five gals at a time. That’s why I split my bags in half. Also, I’m a tightwad! Hope this helps! Some pretty amazing stuff.
One more thing, prior to using the tea, I rub 3-4 tablespoons of mushroom compost and 3 tablespoons of Flower Girl into my soil. I add the cups of tea and finish up watering with plain water. It’s actually pretty hot.
Cool appreciate it forgot Moe gave me the molasses to so I just added that, try to hold off til tomorrow then, just give them a little light water today ....they drink fast outside 10 gallons bags goin dry daily barring any rain.

This is 1 pouch over 10 gallons so hopefully it won't be too bad they're in need of a juicing or nutes...should be ok id imagine

Most believe a 24 hour brew activates all the microbes.
One mfg I read said a week~! :oops:
Less than 24 hours should not be an issue, just maybe take a day extra to start having full effect.
The microbes/bacteria will continue to grow in the soil as long as it is properly moist.

For what it is worth I have used teas from roots organic dry and worked them into the soil.
Their directions merely say to mix / agitate before installing.
I can let it brew another day, I just had them in front of my wife's seat on the porch so I'll just move em now lol 😆

I can let it brew another day, I just had them in front of my wife's seat on the porch so I'll just move em now lol 😆
It's my first year using compost tea. So, still learning. The Internet told me that a bunch of foam on top indicated peak microbe level and time to apply. There has to be an infinite amount of variability depending on water, what's in the tea, temperatures, aeration, etc. I started with a small air pump and air stone that took about 4 days to foam up. When I switched to a 40W pump with two 2"X4" air stones I was ready to apply on day two. That made a big difference.

I'll probably learn how to improve things, but my plants are loving it, as is. A couple days after applying they are just obviously pumped up and happy.

It's my first year using compost tea. So, still learning. The Internet told me that a bunch of foam on top indicated peak microbe level and time to apply. There has to be an infinite amount of variability depending on water, what's in the tea, temperatures, aeration, etc. I started with a small air pump and air stone that took about 4 days to foam up. When I switched to a 40W pump with two 2"X4" air stones I was ready to apply on day two. That made a big difference.

I'll probably learn how to improve things, but my plants are loving it, as is. A couple days after applying they are just obviously pumped up and happy.
Add the molasses, it will foam immediately!

My microbe tea is ready at 24 hours in hot summer month when done outside.36 hours when it's cooler.if I have to spray it in 24 hours I throw in an aquarium heater set to about 83.those fpj you made work good in the teas.20240803_223753.jpg

Add the molasses, it will foam immediately!
See? I learned something. The company I bought the booster from recommended adding the molasses at the end right before spraying or watering. I have a batch going that will be ready when I get home from work, but I'll try adding on the front end, next time. Thanks :)

My microbe tea is ready at 24 hours in hot summer month when done outside.36 hours when it's cooler.if I have to spray it in 24 hours I throw in an aquarium heater set to about 83.those fpj you made work good in the teas.View attachment 69606
Damn, that looks good. You made some plants happy, for sure.

See? I learned something. The company I bought the booster from recommended adding the molasses at the end right before spraying or watering. I have a batch going that will be ready when I get home from work, but I'll try adding on the front end, next time. Thanks :)

it's a little pricey but it's the best there is for living soil and tea...

81zxxWYdBIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use this brand;
1724113276447.png
Having the sixth rainiest August since 1874 [ 10 inches back then].
We are at 4.39 and it is still pouring.
The year is not over but we are 6 inches excess so far.
Don't get me started on the humidity.
So glad y'all taught me how to grow indoors~!

I use this brand;
View attachment 69684
You just gotta be different, don’t ya? 🙂
It’s super humid here too, even on an indoor grow!

I use this brand;
View attachment 69684

if i had off from work when i rained i'd be out doing a dance hoping for 1874!!! :D

I’m hearing lots of stories about early acorn drop on oaks, hairier than normal caterpillars as well as getting some Alaskan low pressure systems moving down the pacific coast.

Get ready for an early fall and winter.

Making me worry about the finish line for my outdoor grow.

There’s still 8 weeks to go (more or less), I’m hoping those low pressure systems will give us time to finish without mold or mildew.

I’m hearing lots of stories about early acorn drop on oaks, hairier than normal caterpillars as well as getting some Alaskan low pressure systems moving down the pacific coast.

Get ready for an early fall and winter.

Making me worry about the finish line for my outdoor grow.

There’s still 8 weeks to go (more or less), I’m hoping those low pressure systems will give us time to finish without mold or mildew.
All the persimmons here are showing spoons inside. I’m sure you know what that means. My facebook memories shows that this happened in 2009, and the first frost here that year was on Sept 12th! Normally first frost is the end of October.
These plants are a lot more cold hardy than ppl give them credit for being.

All the persimmons here are showing spoons inside. I’m sure you know what that means. My facebook memories shows that this happened in 2009, and the first frost here that year was on Sept 12th! Normally first frost is the end of October.
These plants are a lot more cold hardy than ppl give them credit for being.
Honestly, the only thing I know about persimmons is that they are so acidic that it makes my face turn inside out to even take a bite.

Oh and that ebony comes from a species of persimmon tree.

Honestly, the only thing I know about persimmons is that they are so acidic that it makes my face turn inside out to even take a bite.

Oh and that ebony comes from a species of persimmon tree.
Means they aren’t ripe. When they are fully ripe they are dark purple soft and super sweet.
Old timers tell the afore coming winter by what’s inside the persimmon seed. Photo below. Interesting huh?IMG_2457.jpeg

That’s interesting, I’ve never seen nor heard that before.

I’m now watching some educational programming, we, as humans are apparently a species created by ancient aliens. The created humans out of their own DNA, used our ancestors to mine gold for them.

I demand reparations from what ever planet they came from!
I do wonder why, if some ancient space travelers had the immense knowledge to create a species, why’d they make one with so many lazy idiots*! You’d think the’d perfect the get-up-and-go gene!

I think the plants are much more cold/freeze tolerant than many think.
It will be excess moisture. RH that ruins plants in the fall IME.
What I wonder is why some grass, plants, and trees don't get mold or such?:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom