I never had any foxtails till I grew GreenPoint.
None since again?
They don't look as bad if even noticeable after drying.

Went camping last weekend with the wife atop the Appalachians, specifically on Skyline Drive in VA. It was awesome

Such a beautiful picture off one of the overlooks this past Sunday morning on our way down the mountains

Blueridge mountains

1724199259093.jpeg
and then one off to the side, where all you can see is that we are above the clouds
1724199350067.jpeg

That's all I got, just wanted to share some pics!

I’m hearing lots of stories about early acorn drop on oaks, hairier than normal caterpillars as well as getting some Alaskan low pressure systems moving down the pacific coast.

Get ready for an early fall and winter.

Making me worry about the finish line for my outdoor grow.

There’s still 8 weeks to go (more or less), I’m hoping those low pressure systems will give us time to finish without mold or mildew.
I was toying with the idea of tossing a clone in the yard again but all the damp and cold for a week has me fighting WPM on the cucumbers. One vine I had to strip 90% of its leaves.

Went camping last weekend with the wife atop the Appalachians, specifically on Skyline Drive in VA. It was awesome

Such a beautiful picture off one of the overlooks this past Sunday morning on our way down the mountains

Blueridge mountains

View attachment 69806
and then one off to the side, where all you can see is that we are above the clouds
View attachment 69807

Now I have John Denver on my mind.

Blueridge mountains

View attachment 69806
View attachment 69807

Been breathing something called J1 mixed with Blue Dream all morning; I have become, comfortably numb!

Also doing some random tap water testing, just to know what I’m dealing with for my plants.
I don’t use any filters, RO, distillation or anything, just use it out of the tap.

PPM: 38
PH: 6.62

Holy cow, that’s the best I’ve seen yet. Here in the Bay Area, I’m used to seeing a PPM of 55 to 65 with a relatively high PH of 9.4

I don’t know when the water improved, but that seems both substantial and potentially damaging to pipes.
Isn’t acetic water a problem for leaching minerals out of the municipal pipes?

Anyway, that water would be perfect for carnivorous plants if not for the chlorine and chloramine in the water.

I’m doing a test in the foothills to see how long it takes to rid the water of chloramine. I’ve had a 32 gallon trash can filled near the top for about 4 weeks now. It has mosquito bits so it’s not vector for diseases and gets opened to the sun often.

After 6 weeks, I’ll be testing said water on a favored Venus Fly Trap. Chloramine is pretty deadly to carnivores so I’ll know within a week or two if the chloramine is there or not. Fingers crossed, I don’t want to kill my plant!

Been breathing something called J1 mixed with Blue Dream all morning; I have become, comfortably numb!

Also doing some random tap water testing, just to know what I’m dealing with for my plants.
I don’t use any filters, RO, distillation or anything, just use it out of the tap.

PPM: 38
PH: 6.62

Holy cow, that’s the best I’ve seen yet. Here in the Bay Area, I’m used to seeing a PPM of 55 to 65 with a relatively high PH of 9.4

I don’t know when the water improved, but that seems both substantial and potentially damaging to pipes.
Isn’t acetic water a problem for leaching minerals out of the municipal pipes?

Anyway, that water would be perfect for carnivorous plants if not for the chlorine and chloramine in the water.

I’m doing a test in the foothills to see how long it takes to rid the water of chloramine. I’ve had a 32 gallon trash can filled near the top for about 4 weeks now. It has mosquito bits so it’s not vector for diseases and gets opened to the sun often.

After 6 weeks, I’ll be testing said water on a favored Venus Fly Trap. Chloramine is pretty deadly to carnivores so I’ll know within a week or two if the chloramine is there or not. Fingers crossed, I don’t want to kill my plant!

^^This removes chlorine and chloramine basically instantly.^^
It is what most serious fish keepers use. I used a dry powder version of same product that was even more economical called SAFE made by Seachem also.
38 is some real nice water I am willing to bet some of it is the chloramine and chlorine.
Nice clean water.

the weather here is so gorgeous the past couple days! all this heat we've had and rain all went away and it has been cool breezy and dry!!!! hit a high of 69* today!!!!!!! we actually slept with a blanket last night!!!!

peach trees leaves are changing.... this sucks!!!!!! winter will be here before we know it!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Almost all SBR seeds I can find say they are feminized and I know you don't do regs often. I did not find reg SBR.
So how do feminized seeds end up male? Science says they can't if they are what they claim.
IMO once a seed is not what it is believed to be it is all in the wind.
To assume it is even the 'strain' is a guess IMO.
Frustrating for sure.

This thing was straight up loaded! I mean a swarthy azz male. Any breeder would have been stoked. Me, mehhh not so much. Yup..a fem..seed.

Yea I would rather work a known genetic to perfection then mix strains.
Breeding/crossing to create really involves a lot of time and effort along with the space and equipment.
Take into account the 'unknown' nature of your male and culling is best choice even for those inclined to explore.

Yea I would rather work a known genetic to perfection then mix strains.
Breeding/crossing to create really involves a lot of time and effort along with the space and equipment.
Take into account the 'unknown' nature of your male and culling is best choice even for those inclined to explore.
Oh yes..he is for sure culled. Whacked down and put in a plastic bag and hauled out.

I got a batch of regular seeds that I hope to run in my next grow this fall.
Going to be nutz trying to start and sex like 30-40 plants just to get maybe 15-20.
I got about 25 Ethos Hash Plant which has been pure fire every time I grew it before and large producer and Jeffs/DFG Grape Skunkdawg 10 regulars.

I got a batch of regular seeds that I hope to run in my next grow this fall.
Going to be nutz trying to start and sex like 30-40 plants just to get maybe 15-20.
I got about 25 Ethos Hash Plant which has been pure fire every time I grew it before and large producer and Jeffs/DFG Grape Skunkdawg 10 regulars.
I just don’t have the room. Wish I did! Trying to roll some grows and get ahead so I can pop some of Jeff’s regs!

Back
Top Bottom