Chemistry's shade dwellers.

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all this foggy Saturday morning, hope your all well. 🙂 Still flat out at work, still very short of time. Had some spare time, so finished off the trim that we spun in the spinner last update, and worked it through the ice buckets using the work bag and the finest mesh bag, used all five bags the first time I used them, but lifes to short, hence I only use the two now, it will all get smoked in the end. 😁 So how did it all work out, lets have a look and see.

This is the dry trim from the spinner, after it has been spun, still a little more hash to extract from it. 😉
2.jpg

To achieve the best results with this method, you need your water as cold as you can get it, because if you don't, your trim will just become a soggy mess. 👍
3.jpg

I like to do this job in the bath tub, easy to clean after you make a mess. Blue bag is the work bag, and has the largest mesh, this allows the water to flush through the trim. 👍
5.jpg

Once you've given the trim a good battering in the ice water, you should end up with some thing that resembles cat puke. 🤣
6.jpg

Give it a press though some mesh with tissue paper either side to extract as much water as you can, and you'll create this. 👍
7.jpg

Let your cat puke dry a little, and your end result should be a lump of nice hash like this. 😁
8.jpg

And there you go, a mini cruise around ice bucketing, I have the five gallon, five bag set of bubble bags, as I find the five gallons better to work with, and if I had had this information, I would not have bought the one gallon bags I purchased before, to small. You live and learn. And that's another entry entered, got to get a move on, got a stack of chores backing up, so until next time, hopefully next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

As I trim and buck down my buds I have Keif that is collected for hash but, I don't smoke it much. Nice information for bubble hash for sure,Cheers SSgrower
That is beside the beautiful flowers, the prize for all the hard work.
Love the kief/ hash that comes from trimming~! 🥴
Possibly my favorite part of the plant that comes naturally.

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all this foggy Saturday morning, hope your all well. 🙂 Still flat out at work, still very short of time. Had some spare time, so finished off the trim that we spun in the spinner last update, and worked it through the ice buckets using the work bag and the finest mesh bag, used all five bags the first time I used them, but lifes to short, hence I only use the two now, it will all get smoked in the end. 😁 So how did it all work out, lets have a look and see.

This is the dry trim from the spinner, after it has been spun, still a little more hash to extract from it. 😉
View attachment 27379

To achieve the best results with this method, you need your water as cold as you can get it, because if you don't, your trim will just become a soggy mess. 👍
View attachment 27380

I like to do this job in the bath tub, easy to clean after you make a mess. Blue bag is the work bag, and has the largest mesh, this allows the water to flush through the trim. 👍
View attachment 27381

Once you've given the trim a good battering in the ice water, you should end up with some thing that resembles cat puke. 🤣
View attachment 27382

Give it a press though some mesh with tissue paper either side to extract as much water as you can, and you'll create this. 👍
View attachment 27383

Let your cat puke dry a little, and your end result should be a lump of nice hash like this. 😁
View attachment 27384

And there you go, a mini cruise around ice bucketing, I have the five gallon, five bag set of bubble bags, as I find the five gallons better to work with, and if I had had this information, I would not have bought the one gallon bags I purchased before, to small. You live and learn. And that's another entry entered, got to get a move on, got a stack of chores backing up, so until next time, hopefully next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍
Been wanting to get this setup.

Thanks for the simple walk through again.

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all this fine sunny Autumn morning, hope your all well. :) Well here we are in our new home, time to fill out this new grow log. (y) Still not got round to poppin seeds, the Church cuttings have been taken, so we'll see how they go, they look like they've re-vegged at some point, so it may be a grueller to get them going, we'll see how they go. 🤞 But I've not been idle folks, the trim bucket has had some attention this week, another gallon and a half of trim was spun to produce some nice dry sift hash, it will be further pummelled in the ice bucket some time this next week, mid week probably to extract the rest of the trykes, the green remainder will be composted and spread on the garden. 👍 Out of the two methods, I lean towards the dry sift, better taste, as I believe that the water leaves a taint, unlike the dry method. 👍 If you've tried both methods you will know what I mean, if you've not tried both methods, then crack on and let me know what you think. 👍

This is the trim. 🙂
View attachment 25650

I even chuck in the seeds, branches, chuck the lot in. 😁
View attachment 25651

This is the spinner, just some mesh and a bit of board cobbled together, been going to build a better one for the last six years, but this one still works, one day. 😁
View attachment 25652

View attachment 25653

Half fill the spinner with chopped trim, it works better if you chop it first, make sure it's bone dry. 😉
View attachment 25654

How it works is, the tape at the top of the pic is connected to a windscreen motor, and the other end just rides on three bearings, the whole thing being housed in a plastic tub with a lid, this stops your sift blowing away. 😉
View attachment 25656

Set it going, have a toke, and let the spinner spin for twenty minutes, then re-fill and go again, beware, that's a toke every twenty minutes, and this can add a little extra time to the job, like one spin every hour. 😁 You can see the trykes piling up as the spinner works its magic. 🙂
View attachment 25657

Once its spun, scrape up your prize, sieve it through your chosen gauge of mesh. I don't use any particular size of mesh, as I find the fine stuff just blocks up, so I use a mesh that sieves all the trykes out but holds back the rubbish. 👍
View attachment 25658

View attachment 25659

If all your hard work has paid off, then your really stoned, and you have one of these to weigh. 😁
View attachment 25660

And there you go, dry sifting 101 for the beginner, give it a go, you'll be surprised. That's it for this week, so if you want more, then tune in next Saturday for a bubble bagging tutorial, and we'll see what's left in the spun trim, until next week, just keep tokin folks. 👍
love this..I want one now..😃 I’m thinking of using an old 8’ phresh carbon filter .could work..hmmm🤔

love this..I want one now..😃 I’m thinking of using an old 8’ phresh carbon filter .could work..hmmm🤔

Build one Max, you'll not regret it, I'm going to build another better one out of alloy with stainless steel mesh so I can wash it with alcohol, and may be reap some oil, one day, when I have the time. 😁 Thanks for the feed back folks. (y)

I've run bubble hash a few times but I was too lazy to do all that work so I gave my bags to one of the clients I did a buildout for as they were into hash.

Been wanting to get this setup.

Thanks for the simple walk through again.

If you have the space, go for one big Sativa in a 4x4 or bigger, every thing in veg goes flat under the net, when you flip to flower, then just let it flower as normal. The reason I scrog is to keep known shade huggers down in final height, as all the veg growth is flat, so you only have the stretch to contend with, and not the total end height. ;)

If you have the space, go for one big Sativa in a 4x4 or bigger, every thing in veg goes flat under the net, when you flip to flower, then just let it flower as normal. The reason I scrog is to keep known shade huggers down in final height, as all the veg growth is flat, so you only have the stretch to contend with, and not the total end height. ;)
Hello chemistry.

Maybe one day I'll end up running a sativa, I'm too impatient for em, but my GF prefers Sats.

No grow at present SS, maybe in the new year, I have a mad urge to fire up a certain bunch of seeds I acquired from Amazon, I think their fakes, but who knows, and only one way to find out. ;)

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all on this dark wet rainy day, hope your all well. (y) Sorry about the lack of activity, but we are flat out at work, and at the minute I just get home from work and flop out, weekends are the same, time off is taken up by home chores, so time is a rare commodity lately. 🙂 Anyway, I hope to be back at it in the new year, as work will drop off going into January. A while ago I bought some seeds from Amazon, and I have to say that I wasn't that bothered by the contents as they were quite cheap, I just wanted to buy these seeds from Amazon as they were the first seeds I'd seen on there, they were not covered by Prime. 😁 Thing is? Are they the real deal? Only one way to find out I suppose, and that's pop the little suckers and see. (y) I grew one of the Tangerine Kush's, and it grew into a skinny looking little male, compost. (y) So was this due them being regs, as I can't remember if they were bought as fems or not, it was a while ago. 😁 The plan is to pop them all at once, weed out the males and run any fems that may be left in the bunch. (y) I've no indications on how this will work out, even the seller was banned two weeks after I purchased the seeds, so no info to be gained there. 😁 Lets look at the seeds, maybe some one out there bought some seeds from this vendor and did well with them, let me know if its you. (y) Lets look at the seeds. 🙂

Blue Auto. Going to plant these at the front, and the taller plants at the back. 👍
Blue Auto..jpg

Girl Scout Cookies.
Girl Scout Cookies..jpg

Kali Mist.
Kali Mist..jpg

Tangerine Kush.
Tangerine Kush..jpg

So that's the plan, will it pop will it flop, only one way to find out. 19 seeds to pop in a space that supports only four plants, going to be tight if they all turn out to be female, or it could turn into a solid block of muff, nice. 😁 That's it, for this update, until next time, only one thing left to do, and that's just keep tokin folks. 👍

Last edited:
Good afternoon tokers and growers, how are you all on this wet rainy day, hope your all well. :) I've finally got round to cleaning out my grow space, done. On another members diary I was talking about smoke bombs, the type for killing bugs, not the one you threw at your enemies as a kid. 😁 A while ago I was buried in bug, mites to be exact, to the point where I nearly gave up growing, nothing I did made any difference, just as I went into flower the little bastards got me again, I used every thing up to Chlorine Gas, got to the point where it was me that was going to be poisoned first. 🤮 A buddy gave me a greenhouse bomb to try, it didn't work, but it did worry the little mite bastards, this made me smile. 🙂 Maybe there's some thing in this I thought. 🤔 So I looked around and found these household bug bombs on Ebay. 👍 I have to say, I'm impressed with this, as they fuckin marmalised the the little bastards, this and two coats of paint first to fill in any cracks and crevices, hiding places, the thought of mites encased in dried emulsion was the drive to put the second coat on if any of you Budder's hate decorating. 😁 I've been mite free for a few runs now, so its a practice I've put into my clean down routine. ;)

I put the smokers on an old saucer, I rinse it when I'm done and put it in a bag for next time, reason for this is, it kills mites, so I don't want a sandwich from this plate at a later date. 😁
The tin foil is in case the smoker spits a cookie or two, unless you have a window in your grow room door, then its hard to monitor the smoker once its lit, worst case is a volcano in the middle of your grow room 🌋, resulting in a heap of charcoal where your beloved grow room used to be 🫣, or a gentle wafting smoke that kills bugs. ☁️ I leave the door shut for 24 hours, this guarantees the smoke has settled and avoids me having a toke of what ever is still buoyant when I open the door to have a look. :)
Bug Smoker spent..jpg
Bug Smoker spent  2.jpg

That's the smoke bombs covered, only other thing I have for you is the MH bulb I'm running this this grow, the grow space is very cold, no sun for a while, so I've fired up with this LUMATEK 400W MH, give it a week and the space will be toastie again. :cool:
LUMATEK  MH bulb..jpg

And there you go, smoke bombs 101, they may not work for everyone, but they worked for me, give them a go, and let the little bastards have it. 🔨 Until next time, just keep tokin folks. (y)

Cold compressed orange oil. Kills the hell out of them and they hate it. After every grow, I clean tents etc and spray the area with orange oil. I also used a bug bomb.
The orange oil keeps them from coming back.
However you cannot spray the plants with it.
Glad you got those evil mites under control!

Cold compressed orange oil. Kills the hell out of them and they hate it. After every grow, I clean tents etc and spray the area with orange oil. I also used a bug bomb.

Precausion is the only way, once they arrive your doomed. I like the organicness of the orange. 🙂

Precausion is the only way, once they arrive your doomed. I like the organicness of the orange. 🙂
Yup! I got mine as a gift. A damn clone. First and last one I have ever had. The lovely three spotted at that. I used a bug bomb, orange oil and shut down the grow for the period of the mites life cycle.
Now, I use the orange oil with every cleaning. Been mite free for the last two years.
I will never take another clone, just not worth it! The oil smells wonderful!

Nice Chem..I’ve been blessed I’ve never had those dreaded things.I’ve got the orange 6 legged predator ones here though.not in my room but just outside the shed.I think they patrol outside my door lol 😃.I always spray mortein in surface spray at my door for a deterent

where did you score the smoke bombs from..

I just recycled some orange oil extract, never even heard of it before , thought mayb it was a food additive or something

Nice Chem..I’ve been blessed I’ve never had those dreaded things.I’ve got the orange 6 legged predator ones here though.not in my room but just outside the shed.I think they patrol outside my door lol 😃.I always spray mortein in surface spray at my door for a deterent

where did you score the smoke bombs from..

Ebay Max, got a pack of three of this type, I intend to buy another load when I get a minute. Not expensive either. (y)

Back
Top Bottom