Cloning

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I need help people.
All my clones leaves keep turning brown and rotting....
I thought too much moisture but Idfk why anymore, ive completely removed the dome and its still happening. Ill grab some pics in a sec, cloner is sitting in ambient light, on top of my pellet stove to stay warm so being too cold isnt an option. 20240118_070304.jpg20240118_070309.jpg

I might try Moe's suggestion on doing 15 on/off with the pump.

I have always gone 24/7 with it and not had problems, If I could do the same thing for 1/2 the electricity cost, I'd do it.
Yea, if you let it dry back, roots will proliferate more so, faster.

Ideal, just before the moisture on the stem dries

Similar concept to inducing "pinning" on shrooms, that evaporative action.

Not sure if you pulled the trigger yet or not bro, but it's fairly inexpensive (except the shipping) to get the aero cloner that I bought and it works great, not hard to put together. I might try Moe's suggestion on doing 15 on/off with the pump. I have always gone 24/7 with it and not had problems, If I could do the same thing for 1/2 the electricity cost, I'd do it.

Interestingly enough, I have also had the most difficult time making clones the past month than I have ever had. Had 4 snips and only one of them threw out roots, in the end I decided to toss them because I wanted them to all be even in their growth because they were to go in the same tent/system.
Hey, good looks on the link, i forgot all about PAH.
Not sure what im gonna do if im ginna build one or buy a kit but if i do a kit ill most likely buy from PA Hydro, his kits seem the best quality to be honest

The bucket deals looked good to me.
First one looked better and better than what would be made for less $ but more effort and sourcing.
I have foam blocks still and nozzles if you need extras.
They are small stuff but added up to $30 and left me a life time supply of both.

The bucket deals looked good to me.
First one looked better and better than what would be made for less $ but more effort and sourcing.
I have foam blocks still and nozzles if you need extras.
They are small stuff but added up to $30 and left me a life time supply of both.
I ordered that one, my FIL has extra foam plugs hes never gonna use again, and i grabbed a bag of 100 360° nozzles too.
It was $71.11 all together ao i cant complain.

I think thats a good deal, but maybe im wrong idk. Either way, i own an aerocloner now.

5.8-6.5 ph is what i wanna shoot for, yeah?

Do i need to add anything to the water?
Light veg feed?
Calmag?

I assume nothing since im trying to grow roots and not a plant.

5.8-6.5 ph is what i wanna shoot for, yeah?

Do i need to add anything to the water?
Light veg feed?
Calmag?

I assume nothing since im trying to grow roots and not a plant.
How are you trying to clone?
Into a cup of water?

Flower nutrients at 0.5 e.c or less.

5.4-5.6 pH, roots like acidity, and oxygen

H202 only hurts if it's just too much oxygen/oxidative stress on the cells/organic tissue.

That limit seems to be around 7-10 mL per gallon @ 34% concentration

Can use alot of the 3%. LIKE 1:1 cup water/cup peroxide, I think I'd have to double check that part, or 2:1

@Observer
Plant Cloning Machine - Deluxe 21-Site Bucket Cloner Kit by PowerGrow Systems https://a.co/d/cH5w6we
Oh fuck yea

Did you get a digital timer?

This cost me 14% off Amazon

You can run it 24/7, but you'll save a few bucks on E if ya didn't, plus, the clones will root better/faster when they are not saturated 100% of time

Attachments

• 17060573286296690794277821969767.jpg
    17060573286296690794277821969767.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 0
@GoodShit97

"Several nutrients play important roles in root development in plants, but two stand out as particularly crucial:

1. Phosphorus (P):

• Often called the "root builder," phosphorus is essential for early root development and establishment.
  • It promotes root tip growth, root hair formation, and cell division in roots.
  • Phosphorus also helps plants utilize sugars for energy, which fuels root growth.
2. Potassium (K):

• While not directly involved in cell division itself, potassium strengthens cell walls and improves their elasticity.
  • This leads to better root function, improved water uptake, and increased resistance to stress and disease.
  • Potassium also helps transport sugars throughout the plant, providing energy for root growth."

Fekk.
I have all the drops and stuff, missing the chart to compare my test tube against 🤦🏻🤦🏻

And the fun begins! Have you used one before (sorry if you’ve shared and I’m missing it)? Got my popcorn ready! 🍿
I have a traditional plug cloner, but the dang this sucks butthole!!!
This will be my first adventure with an aerocloner though, so im ready for the bumps in the road.

How much water should i have in this thing?

Its a 3 gallon bucket, manual says to fill it just below the red nozzles on the manifold.
Thats like 2 gallons, this normal?
Seems like overkill to me, as long as the pump is covered by an inch or so that should be fine, no?

How much water should i have in this thing?

Its a 3 gallon bucket, manual says to fill it just below the red nozzles on the manifold.
Thats like 2 gallons, this normal?
Seems like overkill to me, as long as the pump is covered by an inch or so that should be fine, no?

yeah over the pump is fine, i tend to use more water in the summer just because it stays a little cooler. 2 gallons is not a lot of water for a aerocloner. mine holds that much at normal level i think.

Yeah, but its only a 3 gallon bucket and the pump its like 2 inches tall if that lol.
Just seemed like a lot to put 10 inches of water in a 13 inch tall bucket😂

no you're right. i wasn't suggesting thast you use 2 gallons. was just answering you on 2 gallons not seeming like a lot of volume for a cloner to hold. just put in an amount that looks normal.

the less water you use the less cloning compound you also use. if you're even planning on using any...

i don't know squat about city water, i'm a country boy!!!

i've heard if you let city water sit out for 24 hours all the chlorine evaporates.. but i don't know for sure,

i don't know squat about city water, i'm a country boy!!!
Hahaha😂
Country boy here too, just live in a trailer park so the well water has to be treated cause its considered "public drinking water" so the health department is involved and everything.
It sucks.
But it is well water, just heavily chlorinated well water lol.

Back
Top Bottom