Cloning

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I need help people.
All my clones leaves keep turning brown and rotting....
I thought too much moisture but Idfk why anymore, ive completely removed the dome and its still happening. Ill grab some pics in a sec, cloner is sitting in ambient light, on top of my pellet stove to stay warm so being too cold isnt an option. 20240118_070304.jpg20240118_070309.jpg

It’s the reveg period after cloning a flowering plant that I don’t like and avoid.
I avoid it usually too, but some are my main go to smokes, so i know itll be worth it to deal with them.
And some are things i havent had yet so idk, might just toss em if its nothing worth keeping 🤷🏻

I avoid it usually too, but some are my main go to smokes, so i know itll be worth it to deal with them.
And some are things i havent had yet so idk, might just toss em if its nothing worth keeping 🤷🏻
I can understand your doing it. Sometimes there is no choice if you want to preserve a certain pheno of a particular strain. I have done it more than once myself. I’m just saying its last resort for me and to be avoided if I can.

It’s the reveg period after cloning a flowering plant that I don’t like and avoid.
It's beneficial I think, they're easy to look after over the re vegging period, the alternative would be maintaining vigorous growing plants for the duration of flowering and drying.
20231217_160025.jpg
After I've flowered and dried the mums the clones are just hitting their stride when timed right.

The two middle were going into flower, the others are mother's grown in the same manner.

You can see a re vegging gorilla glue in there, blue tray.

Eta...I should be clear it would not be my 1st choice for speed, if I wanted to get them into flower asap I'd clone them in the regular way.

Cloning in flower can be advantageous depending on your situation and what your aim is.

Last edited:
Thinking its too warm, but idk.
I have no way to tell water temp, room temp is 70, so id imagine the water is 68-72? If even 72? Idk.

I dunno.

Fuck it i guess.
If they root they root.
If not, oh well. Theyre just plants.

Thinking its too warm, but idk.
I have no way to tell water temp, room temp is 70, so id imagine the water is 68-72? If even 72? Idk.
You have an IR gun? Hit the side of the bucket below waterline. It should be close to water temperature

You have an IR gun? Hit the side of the bucket below waterline. It should be close to water temperature
Idk where it is.

Appreciate the help, but Im done chasing my tail in circles for the outcome to be the same every time. Just gonna stop now while im only 75 dollars into all this.

24/25c/75/77f is nearer ideal for clones, cold temps aren't ever conductive to rooting, the water temp is important to I aim for around 20/21c

Dim lights and I usually see roots around 10 days ±
I have no way of raising temp, and water temp is prolly that. 66-68°f
And they just sit on my dryer, get ambient light til the sun goes down then i click the 4.8 watt led bulb on in the laundry room, that is 4 feet away.

They just don't wanna root for me, any and all methods ive tried, failed.

I have no way of raising temp, and water temp is prolly that. 66-68°f
And they just sit on my dryer, get ambient light til the sun goes down then i click the 4.8 watt led bulb on in the laundry room, that is 4 feet away.

They just don't wanna root for me, any and all methods ive tried, failed.
It’s a little on the cool side but I’d rather that then to warm. If the pump is running 24/7 and depending on its size and how much water is in the reservoir I’d guess it’s temp a degree or two above surrounding ambient. Especially after 10 days of constant running. I personally have had clones go 20 days in an aero before seeing roots.

It’s a little on the cool side but I’d rather that then to warm. If the pump is running 24/7 and depending on its size and how much water is in the reservoir I’d guess it’s temp a degree or two above surrounding ambient. Especially after 10 days of constant running. I personally have had clones go 20 days in an aero before seeing roots.
Yeah pump is on 24/7, i havent gotten out to get a 96 pin timer and my wifi plugs only allow for 30 time slots, so i just let it run.

Nothing in the water but 3ml h2o2, i do not know ppm.
Ph is like 6.
Gotta get a pen. These drops suuuuck.

How things going?
Found this in another thread.
Then I did a little digging[ not a lot].

Don't Use Sugar Water for Transplant Shock​

What is said above about the detrimental effects of sugar water also applies to trying to revive plants going through transplant shock. When plants look sad and wilted after transplanting, it happens for two reasons. Either their leaves have been burned from too much sun too quickly because they weren’t hardened off properly, and as a result, they cannot perform photosynthesis. Or, the roots were damaged during transplanting and they cannot take up sufficient water and nutrients.

Sugar water does not do anything to help plants with transplant shock, and it can make it worse. Often, plants recover on their own. Just give them time, keep them well-watered, and protect them from too much sun to prevent more leaf scorch.

Only Use Sugar Water for Cut Flowers​

The only exception where using sugar water makes sense is to add it to cut flowers to prevent them from wilting. That’s why florists often provide you with a small sachet of sugar-based plant food to add to the vase.

Unlike plant roots, the stems of cut flowers can absorb the sugar, which revives their carbohydrates. Sugar sends the flowers the false signal that the plant is alive and well and should continue blooming. This effect is merely temporary and

Seems cheap and easy and if nothing else is working I would try it.

How things going?
Found this in another thread.
Then I did a little digging[ not a lot].

Don't Use Sugar Water for Transplant Shock​

What is said above about the detrimental effects of sugar water also applies to trying to revive plants going through transplant shock. When plants look sad and wilted after transplanting, it happens for two reasons. Either their leaves have been burned from too much sun too quickly because they weren’t hardened off properly, and as a result, they cannot perform photosynthesis. Or, the roots were damaged during transplanting and they cannot take up sufficient water and nutrients.

Sugar water does not do anything to help plants with transplant shock, and it can make it worse. Often, plants recover on their own. Just give them time, keep them well-watered, and protect them from too much sun to prevent more leaf scorch.

Only Use Sugar Water for Cut Flowers​

The only exception where using sugar water makes sense is to add it to cut flowers to prevent them from wilting. That’s why florists often provide you with a small sachet of sugar-based plant food to add to the vase.

Unlike plant roots, the stems of cut flowers can absorb the sugar, which revives their carbohydrates. Sugar sends the flowers the false signal that the plant is alive and well and should continue blooming. This effect is merely temporary and

Seems cheap and easy and if nothing else is working I would try it.
I unplugged it and pulled the clones this morning.
Stems were hollow and yellow, Leaves were all dying and some even started falling off.
Abandon ship!

Make one of those aero buckets. My buddy made one and his clone success is like 100% now.

Yeah i went that route too. Same results 🤦🏻🤷🏻
All the moms were super healthy but all the clones died. Now im 4 weeks in flower and dont know if i wanna mess around wwithhaving to reveg and everything at this point. Idk.

Yeah pump is on 24/7, i havent gotten out to get a 96 pin timer and my wifi plugs only allow for 30 time slots, so i just let it run.

Nothing in the water but 3ml h2o2, i do not know ppm.
Ph is like 6.
Gotta get a pen. These drops suuuuck.

Dude, I so wanna meddle in your cloning efforts here.
If you're up to ditching all that shit and going with a KISS method of living water that's ridiculously effective, let me know brother.

My next grow will be fed by clones then maybe clones from clones and I'm super excited about it because I get a chance to take clones and other than harvest, cloning is my favorite thing about growing pot

Dude, I so wanna meddle in your cloning efforts here.
If you're up to ditching all that shit and going with a KISS method of living water that's ridiculously effective, let me know brother.

My next grow will be fed by clones then maybe clones from clones and I'm super excited about it because I get a chance to take clones and other than harvest, cloning is my favorite thing about growing pot
Ive tried 5 different methods, but yeah ill try whatever.

Idk what the fuck the issue is really.
Ive never had any issue cloning. Ive always had 95-100% success rates and now i cant even get a 10% success rate. All the clones are dying. Every single one.

I need help people.
All my clones leaves keep turning brown and rotting....
I thought too much moisture but Idfk why anymore, ive completely removed the dome and its still happening. Ill grab some pics in a sec, cloner is sitting in ambient light, on top of my pellet stove to stay warm so being too cold isnt an option. View attachment 39689View attachment 39690
They're nice healthy looking cuts there's no reason they shouldn't root.

What do keep your cloner in, what's the environment like?

Could you move the cloner to a better site or maybe adapt a box, bucket whatever to take cfl,s and some root riot or rock wool cubes?

They're nice healthy looking cuts there's no reason they shouldn't root.

What do keep your cloner in, what's the environment like?

Could you move the cloner to a better site or maybe adapt a box, bucket whatever to take cfl,s and some root riot or rock wool cubes?
The room they sit in is usually 65-70°f.
Ive tried root riot cubes, just water, just water and an air stone, i tried an aero cloner, and i tried just rooting them in promix.
Nothing worked.

Back
Top Bottom