Cloning

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I need help people.
All my clones leaves keep turning brown and rotting....
I thought too much moisture but Idfk why anymore, ive completely removed the dome and its still happening. Ill grab some pics in a sec, cloner is sitting in ambient light, on top of my pellet stove to stay warm so being too cold isnt an option. 20240118_070304.jpg20240118_070309.jpg

How much water should i have in this thing?

Its a 3 gallon bucket, manual says to fill it just below the red nozzles on the manifold.
Thats like 2 gallons, this normal?
Seems like overkill to me, as long as the pump is covered by an inch or so that should be fine, no?
Fill it as full as they say. It will help it run more stable the more water that’s in it. Meaning PH, temp. Mine is 4 gallons

Hahaha😂
Country boy here too, just live in a trailer park so the well water has to be treated cause its considered "public drinking water" so the health department is involved and everything.
It sucks.
But it is well water, just heavily chlorinated well water lol.

you could always get a water filter to remove the chlorine, or even those hiking tablets might work.

It may or may not have an effect.
When I water outside with hose it is chlorinated and nothing bad happens.
Indoors my water has all been sitting so is chlorine free.
Just running the cloner for a day will get rid of it.
Exposure to light and air degrade it.

TRY RISING THE PLUG OR CUBE OFF THE BASE OF THE CONTIANER;TRY RISING THE CUTS A FEW CMETRES AS ITS WORKED FOR ME IN THE PAST
Whoa!
I feel like im being yelled at here lol 😆
Welcome to Bud Builders @BISHB0SH
Your name reminds me of an imaginary friend from a movie my kids watch, his name was BingBong😂😂

Im ditching that cloner, just got an aerocloner today 😌😎

It may or may not have an effect.
When I water outside with hose it is chlorinated and nothing bad happens.
Indoors my water has all been sitting so is chlorine free.
Just running the cloner for a day will get rid of it.
Exposure to light and air degrade it.
I wasnt sure if it was an issue or not cause im gonna add h2o2 to the bucket, and h2o2 kills chlorine anyway doesnt it?

Yea you got make sure it's on tight.
Leaking at the lid is the soft spot of all cloners IMO.
Dry out shit good so you can make sure it doesn't keep leaking.
Yeah i wiped the lid and bucket all down with paper towels and made sure the ring of the lid was nice and dry so it doesnt have a leak point.
Should be tood to go, water was 6.5 from the tap, so i just went with it and didnt add anything, just 3ml of h2o2.
Idk if that was/is enough, but its gonna be! Lol

They all look so happy in their new home 😍View attachment 42666
This is the coolest thing i own.

For now anyway 🤣

an aero cloner that doesn't leak or clog is like gold for a grow room!!! even if you don't always use it, it's quick and easy to set up in a jam!!!

so i might be starting a war here but why do you cut the tips off the leaves? IMO this does absolutely nothing good for the cuttings and a pure waste of time and plant vigor.

i know i've heard it sends signals blah blah blah.. where is the botany science on this, no other cloning shows this except ganja voodoo, again just my opinion...

why do you do it?

an aero cloner that doesn't leak or clog is like gold for a grow room!!! even if you don't always use it, it's quick and easy to set up in a jam!!!
Yeah so far im liking it and havent even gottem roots yet🤣🤣
The concept is just neat.
why do you do it?
I dont always do it.
This time i did it based on what moe said about too much vegetation up top to support no roots.

I have no sciencey data to back it up other than its Moe, i just believe the dude 🤷🏻
Hes got a lab coat🤣

I've been told to cut tips to reduce transpiration.
Since the cutting lacks roots with full leaves, it can lose more moisture than it can suck up.

i ain't buying that one either... 10% removed for evaporation but the other 90% is fine??? just sounds hokey to me...

We come up with some crazy shit~!
I never cloned anything else to have half a clue.

I dont always do it.
This time i did it based on what moe said about too much vegetation up top to support no roots.

I have no sciencey data to back it up other than its Moe, i just believe the dude 🤷🏻
Hes got a lab coat🤣

i hear ya man, i used to do it too... just cuz everyone else did it and i once believed in all that. then i started not cutting mine, and nothing changed.

i hear ya man, i used to do it too... just cuz everyone else did it and i once believed in all that. then i started not cutting mine, and nothing changed.
I have not snipped leaves and gotten good results too.
I got 2 clones from SLG he made in his aerocloner, they were not snipped at all.
I got another clone from someone else, also from an aerocloner, leaves snipped.

Tomato - Tamato kinda thing i guess?

We come up with some crazy shit~!
I never cloned anything else to have half a clue.

maybe that's where my hate comes from.. i had rooting hormone for years before i even grew ganja. i had used it for roses prior to that so seeing leaves cut off made me question it... again i went along with it for a year or more...

Does the chlorine matter?
Idk any of this shit lol.
Thats why i griw in dirt guys 🤷🏻
According to Google plants need chlorine, it's considered essential for photosynthesis, there's tons about it.

I add 4/5ppm of chlorine to my nutrient.
2023_1029_020451_923_1.gif
I can't upload video, I use coco and mineral salts.
Here's a gify from a drop of run off, it's fair to say there's little impact on microbial life.

How are you getting on with the clones?

I don't use soil so I can't offer much help.

I dont always do it.

Hes got a lab coat🤣
I'm the 1 with the Lab coat, Dr. Dingledorf, at your service. Cutting leaves is mainly for space in a cloner. I know of no Horticulture benefit in my studies at Texas A&M.SS

Back
Top Bottom