Fear and Loathing in Las Phoenix

These were all full blown herms bro. Plucked balls off them for 3.5 weeks...
Still loooking like some good herb, and so far, i havent seen any swelled up calyxs even though pollen was blown around.

From what ive read, some strains wont take pollen, and not all pollen is viable, so only time will tell. 20230603_201747.jpg20230603_201804.jpg20230603_201821.jpg20230603_201833.jpg20230603_201842.jpg20230603_201848.jpg

Have you done this before? Never knew you could do that. I was under the impression that once pollen touched pistil it was game over?
I have. Had the same scenario he did. I called an old grower, he told me that misting it down destroys the pollen. So, I misted the entire limb before removing it. I removed the whole plant like that. I cut off and cleaned all of my fans. Then I went back and misted the walls of the tent that it had touched. I had a few flowers that had seed, but it did not by any means pollinate my whole crop, or even the other tent.

I have. Had the same scenario he did. I called an old grower, he told me that misting it down destroys the pollen. So, I misted the entire limb before removing it. I removed the whole plant like that. I cut off and cleaned all of my fans. Then I went back and misted the walls of the tent that it had touched. I had a few flowers that had seed, but it did not by any means pollinate my whole crop, or even the other tent.
Thanks for adding to my toolbox!!! ๐Ÿ˜

Just to clarify, Iโ€™m not saying it wonโ€™t pollinate what it touches, these were moves I made to minimize the pollen, and I caught it pretty quick.

Did your friend tell you why would water destroy pollen? pH? Mechanical process of water dilution/wash?
Itโ€™s like powder and it breaks it down by diluting. Also makes it heavy so it does not dust nor float when you are trying to get the culprit out.

Love it! Again, thanks for the tips!!!๐Ÿ˜
Anytime! I have found that necessity makes for further education. I have a group of four old fellows that I have spent thirty five years learning from. When I get in trouble we have a visit. Sometimes the answers are simple and in your face and other times not so much. I trust and rely heavily on their opinions.

My Pool team I've won BCA Nationals with twice is named "The Money Shot" ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค•
Dang when I said I could feel Ninja when was close to the plant this is NOT what I meant ๐ŸคฃView attachment 5629
Yeah thats the shit i dealt with for the first 3.5 weeks of flower. They stop eventually if you wanna pluck them all off...
Sorry bro

Anytime! I have found that necessity makes for further education. I have a group of four old fellows that I have spent thirty five years learning from. When I get in trouble we have a visit. Sometimes the answers are simple and in your face and other times not so much. I trust and rely heavily on their opinions.
How cool is that. To have the Four Oracles of Cannabis at your disposal! ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ(y)๐Ÿ˜

Thinking about this technique would you say it would be good practice to either mist down ALL the plants in your tent before culling to minimize pollination? Males misted down will have less ability to spread pollen if their pods are wet and females would have any pollen that escaped deactivate if it landed on it? Maybe remist the females once culling is done? Mist down the walls of the tent for any pollen that stuck to it? Just tap water in a bottle or ?

How cool is that. To have the Four Oracles of Cannabis at your disposal! ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ(y)๐Ÿ˜

Thinking about this technique would you say it would be good practice to either mist down ALL the plants in your tent before culling to minimize pollination? Males misted down will have less ability to spread pollen if their pods are wet and females would have any pollen that escaped deactivate if it landed on it? Maybe remist the females once culling is done? Mist down the walls of the tent for any pollen that stuck to it? Just tap water in a bottle or ?
Thatโ€™s a good question! The one time I actually did it, my concentration was on keeping that nice yellow pollen from moving about the tent. I did not spray the flower. I hope it never happens again, but if it does, I will try that out too. I did mist the walls tho.

I made it! Thanks for the recent invite boss

I got out as the ship was burning around me

Those black dominas look good!! That alien dragon you gave me is taking off now, I can't wait!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20230603_194847720.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20230603_194847720.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Pics from last grow.

Near the end of vegView attachment 5582
First strip a few days before flipView attachment 5583

About a week and a half later, about 7 days flowerView attachment 5584

The 3 week strip, although i thought i stripped harder than this. I think this grow i left the top 2 or 3 leaves on each branch and stripped underneath.View attachment 5585

The crop before harvestView attachment 5586
Dayum. I dont grow with Co2, do you think this heavy defol method would hermie all but the most badass plant? THat would be my only concern. Will try this method out next run of my double fish breath, she is a hella resilient plant that would beneit from this as she is quite bushy. Thanks for the write up, I remember this run from the Farm cuz it was so awesome.

Well, you know him too ๐Ÿ˜‚ I really had that visual. He donโ€™t know it, but that โ€œdudeโ€ hiding out acting like RuPaul, saved his butt!

I was so happy for him too, he was chillin'...relaxin'....finally just riding the Zen wave along with his grow and then I started reading these last few posts and almost pissed myself laughing :ROFLMAO:

lova ya @Coco Lopez

Ya gotta love him! I could just see him in there stripping leaves like a mole pitching dirt. I even went to find his phone number.
Thankfully his post popped up, so I knew he saw the rest of the convo.
Admit it, you had this visual too! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

Dayum. I dont grow with Co2, do you think this heavy defol method would hermie all but the most badass plant? THat would be my only concern. Will try this method out next run of my double fish breath, she is a hella resilient plant that would beneit from this as she is quite bushy. Thanks for the write up, I remember this run from the Farm cuz it was so awesome.
Hey Bubs! What medium are you using this grow?

Ya gotta love him! I could just see him in there stripping leaves like a mole pitching dirt. I even went to find his phone number.
Thankfully his post popped up, so I knew he saw the rest of the convo.
Admit it, you had this visual too! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

I can just see the mental roadmap

"finally! these plants are green and lovely :cool:"

dirtbag makes his post about defole

"y'know...I've got all these green leaves just kicking around not really doing much"

:ROFLMAO:

I still miss the old avatar with Bella in her hat. Please @Coco Lopez I only need this one thing in my life

screenshot_20230605_101938_gallery-jpg.5698

"I'm going to murder you in your sleep"

"I'm going to murder you in your sleep"

Wildest part is she is afraid of her own shadow. Gets attacked everywhere we go cause won't fight back and dogs can sense it. Only dog she ever stood up to was a 3 legged chihuahua that wouldn't leave her alone. After 3 "mock-attack" she turned around and used her big girl voice. Whole park stopped in their tracks lol

Wildest part is she is afraid of her own shadow. Gets attacked everywhere we go cause won't fight back and dogs can sense it. Only dog she ever stood up to was a 3 legged chihuahua that wouldn't leave her alone. After 3 "mock-attack" she turned around and used her big girl voice. Whole park stopped in their tracks lol

I mean if you dressed Tyson Fury up in that outfit I'm pretty sure chihuahuas would bully his ass too :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom