Fear and Loathing in Las Phoenix

Dayum. I dont grow with Co2, do you think this heavy defol method would hermie all but the most badass plant? THat would be my only concern. Will try this method out next run of my double fish breath, she is a hella resilient plant that would beneit from this as she is quite bushy. Thanks for the write up, I remember this run from the Farm cuz it was so awesome.
The guy who showed me how to do it used the technique on every strain he grew. Very few strains don't tolerate it well in a fast growing system. He also never had issues with herms, but I think a hermie prone plant might herm under any stress, and this is stressful.

Fwiw I don't grow with Co2 either. That was just a vented Rockwool grow.

Pics from last grow.

Near the end of vegView attachment 5582
First strip a few days before flipView attachment 5583

About a week and a half later, about 7 days flowerView attachment 5584

The 3 week strip, although i thought i stripped harder than this. I think this grow i left the top 2 or 3 leaves on each branch and stripped underneath.View attachment 5585

The crop before harvestView attachment 5586
We should sticky this somewhere. @Aqua Man you got a spot for training methods or rock wool in your lineup?

The guy who showed me how to do it used the technique on every strain he grew. Very few strains don't tolerate it well in a fast growing system. He also never had issues with herms, but I think a hermie prone plant might herm under any stress, and this is stressful.

Am I correct that "stress" on a plant in the right way and at the right time can actually be beneficial?

We should sticky this somewhere. @Aqua Man you got a spot for training methods or rock wool in your lineup?
I have nothing to offer in that area but i can sticky this thread somewhere as it’s valuable info

That is new info to me. I'll need to look that up.
Good luck, and let me know what you find. Info about P online is about as contentious and all over the road as it gets. But I was told by a master grower that P in high levels is toxic to plants. Cannabis actually requires pretty low levels of P to flower normally, but spikes at key times can stress the plant causing a generative response, not unlike reduced waterings with bigger drybacks.

Around flip, and about 2-3 weeks before harvest.
I have Mammoth P. Is that the kind of thing one might use?

I have Mammoth P. Is that the kind of thing one might use?

If you're in dirt maybe, isn't that just nutrient cycling bacteria?
You'd be better off using a chelated form of immediately available phosphorus if growing in coco-wool-dwc etc. Something like MAP or even the average "bloom" nutrient.
I use Mag pro and Dyna gro bloom for my first spike, and dry koolbloom for the spike before harvest.

The plant won't take up more P than it needs when getting it from bacteria I don't think. You want to force feed the bitches.

On that note, you really want to be force feeding the ladies with any of these crop steering techniques. Microbes and other shit like that really has no place or affect on this style of growing imho.

If you're in dirt maybe, isn't that just nutrient cycling bacteria?
You'd be better off using a chelated form of immediately available phosphorus if growing in coco-wool-dwc etc. Something like MAP or even the average "bloom" nutrient.
I use Mag pro and Dyna gro bloom for my first spike, and dry koolbloom for the spike before harvest.

The plant won't take up more P than it needs when getting it from bacteria I don't think. You want to force feed the bitches.
Yeah I'm in soil and thought it was a solid source of microbes and P.

What about Power Si Bloom during flower?

Day 26F

SnS by @SeedDude
Node spacing is incredible and look like this on all branches. Majority are 13-15 above scrog. Best node spacing of any plant I've grown. For the 1st time I can imagine a real cola filled with connecting flowers
20230607_103126.jpg
Vanilla Frosting from Anesia Seeds
Likely to net the least of them all but I just think she is so cute considering she was such the runt that I didn't think she would survive at all.
20230607_102851.jpg

will probably try it on a clone of a strong mama then. Cool!

Day 26F

SnS by @SeedDude
Node spacing is incredible and look like this on all branches. Majority are 13-15 above scrog. Best node spacing of any plant I've grown. For the 1st time I can imagine a real cola filled with connecting flowers
View attachment 5961
Vanilla Frosting from Anesia Seeds
Likely to net the least of them all but I just think she is so cute considering she was such the runt that I didn't think she would survive at all.
View attachment 5962
You’re killing it brother! Nice work!

I use Calcium silicate up to around week 5 or 6 on a 9 or 10 week strain. Just a little past halfway through flower.

Thanks D. Is PowerSi Bloom an ample source of CS? I thought it was and that is why have been using. My interests in it started with Farthings "Ballin on a Budget" and it made much sense. It was Jacks 321, PowerSi, and Mr Fulvic. I had some masterblend and was on fence about going with CropSalt, then ditched both ideas for a route I was more familiar with. I did however get the PowerSi and Mr Fulvic, and those are 2 things I can't tell why I wouldn't utilize as well as the Mammoth P. I just don't don't trust my timing with respect to flowering stage with respect to how much and how often. So when I do use I just go by bottle directions and usually lean on the light side.

You’re killing it brother! Nice work!

Thanks much Brotha Nesta. Not sure if I am just being an ungrateful tool but losing the Black Domina to PRIDE month really took more wind out of my sails then I thought. Damn 4 plant tent with 3 now looks broken 🤕😆

Today is in fact 4 weeks into flower though. Guess I should be happy I'm near half way to some harvests if can keep them alive till then. Not happy with trich production but I'm just going to hope it is more genetics and out of my hands than something I am or am not doing.

right on PT those are some phat lookin' donkey dicks! These plants still on mostly the dry amends?

TGIF my 🧙‍♂️ of the North. Been thinkin of all yall brothas up there and these fkin wildfires. It appears pretty unprecedented and just wanted you to know I'm thinkin of ya and hopin for the best.

As for your incredibly eloquent description of my baby flowers, this is what is know as enlarged photos with one of the best phone cameras out there 😆
Pics can be VERY misleading but I will take 4 week update pics meow and you will see I'm on pace to harvest a 1/2oz per plant 🤣

Edit: never answered your question. Ehh yes and no and I'm confident I've done and am doing things I shouldn't. For example

Top dressed last with the 3-9-4, gypsum, and Epsom on Monday May 29th and watered in.
Tueaday, June 6th I fed about a gallon each at 6.65, 1100ppm, of 2ml powerSi, .6ml Mammoth P, 3ml cal-mag, 6ml seaweed, 1tbls molasses, and 5ml AN Big Bud🙄

Ok I'm ready for my lashings

Last edited:
4 weeks ago yesterday @Rootsruler and another member gave me the push off the puss plank to flip to flower and get on with it. Meow here we are. Tis ok to laugh but please be clear you are laughing at me and not with me 🤣
I just gave up a bit with completing defoliation and now I just gotta leave them alone. The Bubba Kush smells like Bubblegum and that makes me happy 😊
View attachment 20230609_083629.mp4

SYNTHETICS?

this wizard hereby banishes you from the realm... 🧙‍♂️

You_Shall_Not_Pass!_0-1_screenshot.jpg

That is you. Failing your organic grow test. But that's all the lashing you get @Coco Lopez haha, you didn't complete nuke the leaves soooo cheers to that! Girls are looking happy & healthy and I wish you a bountiful harvest good sir

SYNTHETICS?

this wizard hereby banishes you from the realm... 🧙‍♂️

That is you. Failing your organic grow test. But that's all the lashing you get @Coco Lopez haha, you didn't complete nuke the leaves soooo cheers to that! Girls are looking happy & healthy and I wish you a bountiful harvest good sir

Thanks for the well wishes but eeek. Would you be so kind as to be more clear as to what exactly you are referring to as synthetic? And do you consider an organic grow test Pass to be dry amendments plus water only from start to finish?

Which if these are you referring to or is it all?

Blackstrap Molasses - Not ok?
Liquid Seaweed
PowerSi Bloom
Mammoth P
Cal-mag - This one I shouldn't because I should rely on Epsom Salt only?
AN Big Bud - This one I should be kicked out of group for I know. It was the "use for weeks 2-4 of flower" and being an idiot that thwarted my better judgment

Day 21F update

Sup BBfamdamly, happy friday out there and hopin you are makin the most of it. Things aight on here in the desert and doin best not to burn away.

Monday I top dressed and watered in slowly. I am just doing my best to relax and not get in my own way. I've kinda given up on the Imperium X for now as it is a bush of leaves I am baffled by. Supposedly 65/35 sativa yet expresseses pheno of 200% indica. Crazy how you just never know when grow random beans. The tiniest plant of all that I would have been happy if harvested an 1/8th from and didn't expect would make it, is taller than the other 3 in the tent. I'm really looking forward to the next genetics I am going to run. All I can say is ABS(apple Banana Shugga)and GSK(Grape Shugga Kake) are exactly what I need. Ridiculously tolerant and back-tested out here and 2 of the frostiest ever seen.
View attachment 5342
I'm here to listen to more of fearless excellent floyd song top 10 maybe top 5 for me

Last edited:
Thanks D. Is PowerSi Bloom an ample source of CS? I thought it was and that is why have been using. My interests in it started with Farthings "Ballin on a Budget" and it made much sense. It was Jacks 321, PowerSi, and Mr Fulvic. I had some masterblend and was on fence about going with CropSalt, then ditched both ideas for a route I was more familiar with. I did however get the PowerSi and Mr Fulvic, and those are 2 things I can't tell why I wouldn't utilize as well as the Mammoth P. I just don't don't trust my timing with respect to flowering stage with respect to how much and how often. So when I do use I just go by bottle directions and usually lean on the light side.
Yeah power si is good stuff I think. Silicic acid I believe, which is much better than straight potassium silicate. The Calcium silicate I use is different, i havent heard of anyone besides myself that uses it on Cannabis, it's a stabilized silica product designed for foliar applications on turfgrass. I use it to add calcium to my lakewater primarily, but the Silica is a big benefit.

Yeah power si is good stuff I think. Silicic acid I believe, which is much better than straight potassium silicate. The Calcium silicate I use is different, i havent heard of anyone besides myself that uses it on Cannabis, it's a stabilized silica product designed for foliar applications on turfgrass. I use it to add calcium to my lakewater primarily, but the Silica is a big benefit.
Didn't Moe post something on silicates? I remember that he said that potassium silicate breaks down quickly into silicilic acid so no real need to buy the already broken down stuff but maybe I misread. @Moe.Red

Cal-mag - This one I shouldn't because I should rely on Epsom Salt only?
AN Big Bud - This one I should be kicked out of group for I know. It was the "use for weeks 2-4 of flower" and being an idiot that thwarted my better judgment

Just these 2 made me twitch a little 🧙‍♂️ Gypsum covers Cal, Epsom covers Mag or you could even use a "home made cal-mag solution" containing boiled egg shells and epsom salts.

I'm just teasing ya @Coco Lopez your plants look good buddy, I'm excited for you and hope these turn out well! But yeah pour that AN stuff down the drain :ROFLMAO:

Just these 2 made me twitch a little 🧙‍♂️ Gypsum covers Cal, Epsom covers Mag or you could even use a "home made cal-mag solution" containing boiled egg shells and epsom salts.
Roger that and I agree. No need whatsoever and is a redundant toolbox move at the least. Will not do it again.

I'm just teasing ya @Coco Lopez your plants look good buddy, I'm excited for you and hope these turn out well! But yeah pour that AN stuff down the drain :ROFLMAO:
I know you just joshin but I also know I ask for and deserve it. Truth be told the AN Big Bud, Overdrive, and B-52 were bought for $15 total(I know, waste) but was during my 1st grow ever in Coco and I ran AN PH Perfect in 50/50 coc/perl and simply didn't know better. Crazy thing about AN is I know a dude who grows damn near the best flower I've ever seen and swears by the shit. Just don't get it but surely know it isn't right that they have a line of 15+ products. Some of the best growers I know like @SeedDude also told me from day 1 to avoid shit like AN at all costs, and that you can have an incredible harvest of herb by treating the ganj as if it is a tomato plant 🙏

Back
Top Bottom