Moshes mess

Moshmen

Dirty soil guy
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Well i was gonna wait till I got rid of all my bugs but decide to continue to try and get these plants to the end - most would cut and run

- a little about my grow -I run a perpetual harvesting about every 2-4 weeks 1 to 3 plants .
I run a cheap 10x10 lung room (sorta) lol I have a 4x4 with hlg 650r hanging in it used to flower . I have a 2x4 gurilla tent I hate , with hlg 240 boards hanging in it .
I have a 2x4 that I beg and just let plant hang out in always over stocked - it has a mars hydro SP 250 hanging in it .
Last is a 2x2 I use for clones seeds and it to is usually over stocked

I run botanicare nutes right now pure blend pro grow and bloom and epsom

Mmmmm what else , oh I’m in promix now but will eventually move to rock wool . You will never see perfect plants in any of my tents they all are multiple strains sometimes as many as 10, at different life stages - it’s not necessarily that I don’t know what I’m doing I’m just lazy! Lol
Lazy enuff I don’t keep any notes anymore I feed based on plants needs /looks and I’m not always right! Lol

Last edited:
Got a terrible bug infestation right now - where most would cut and run I’m gonna finish and sh these plants - filter out all the bug shit! Lol quick pics , and I’ll try and post at least once a week most times a couple

Warning I’m horrible with the camera and don’t try this at home ! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_6416.jpeg
    IMG_6416.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6415.jpeg
    IMG_6415.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6414.jpeg
    IMG_6414.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6411.jpeg
    IMG_6411.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
Think he said whiteflies?

Good to see a grow thread mosh. Following along for sure

What’s wrong with the gorilla tent?

Curious to hear how you deal with bugs.
It’s so bad it’s killin leaves ! Never see it like this - usually a few sticky cards and done - DE for the dirt and ur good , but not this time . I don’t lose (hopefully)

Got it , soap, pure crop, lost coast I’ve used it all over the last month ! Gonna try em again now I can control temp again which seems to at least keep them in the tent allowing the soap to work better in the less infected tents? At least that’s the hope - seems I e chased em out of the 2x2 which is important cuz the next 2x4 is gonna get cloned and everything else tossed and cleaned up - plan I’d just not stop growing .

Got it , soap, pure crop, lost coast I’ve used it all over the last month ! Gonna try em again now I can control temp again which seems to at least keep them in the tent allowing the soap to work better in the less infected tents? At least that’s the hope - seems I e chased em out of the 2x2 which is important cuz the next 2x4 is gonna get cloned and everything else tossed and cleaned up - plan I’d just not stop growing .
You might want to check Arbico-Organics website: https://www.arbico-organics.com/category/pest-solver-guide-whitefly

You don't have to buy from them. If there's an insectary closer to you, you should see about getting one of the predators.

I would hit the ones not in flower with pyrethrins.
I don't play around flowers, but I also don't play nice or soft when I am trying to kill something.
I remember soaps from when I was young. They may have changed may not, but I'll never use again.
I want a treatment that is as close to one and done as possible.
I would also have a secondary choice[ spinosad] and use it the following week.
Repeated use of anything can build resistance.

I would hit the ones not in flower with pyrethrins.
I don't play around flowers, but I also don't play nice or soft when I am trying to kill something.
I remember soaps from when I was young. They may have changed may not, but I'll never use again.
I want a treatment that is as close to one and done as possible.
I would also have a secondary choice[ spinosad] and use it the following week.
Repeated use of anything can build resistance.
Yeah nuttin I’m the flower tents but a rotating use of spinosad - pure crop one - and some home brew a growmie gave me , seems to be dojj in my the trick in veg tents .

When I was transferring outdoor plants to indoors I put them in quarantine first by making up a basic insecticidal soap solution and sprayed them down well a few times. After a few days I rechecked and any bugs or eggs that were there were gone. I also gave the soil top a good spraying of the solution to make sure any soil born critters didn't make it out.

They've been in the 2 x 2 I set up to test out the VS light they sent me and, so far, I haven't seen any bugs.

Yeah nuttin I’m the flower tents but a rotating use of spinosad - pure crop one - and some home brew a growmie gave me , seems to be dojj in my the trick in veg tents .
Mosh spinosad is pretty dam good stuff. I use Dow Conserve and it is like 24 times as strong as Jacks Dead Bug. I would also suggest some micro-ground sulphur. Put about 2 cups in a 1 gallon hudson sprayer and wet down the whole plant before you start to see flower. Both Bugs and Molds cannot hang with the sulphur. Yoiu can also spray the surfaces of your tent with the sulphur!

Mosh spinosad is pretty dam good stuff. I use Dow Conserve and it is like 24 times as strong as Jacks Dead Bug. I would also suggest some micro-ground sulphur. Put about 2 cups in a 1 gallon hudson sprayer and wet down the whole plant before you start to see flower. Both Bugs and Molds cannot hang with the sulphur. Yoiu can also spray the surfaces of your tent with the sulphur!
That’s what I got is jacks seems pretty decent - also you are now the second guy yo mention sulfur,sounds like a great maintenance tool as well . See if I can find some tomorrow. Thanx !

That’s what I got is jacks seems pretty decent - also you are now the second guy yo mention sulfur,sounds like a great maintenance tool as well . See if I can find some tomorrow. Thanx !
It is cheap like 10 dollars for 10 pounds. It is probably the most bang for the buck. I first read about its use in the grape industry for PM. I usually just dust it on but I thin the sprayer is the way to go!

So you got your ac?

Sulphur is great for so many reasons. Just keep it off your buds.
After further research sulfur is going to be my go to maintenance! Gonna go with anthems buying in bulk - I really need to change my grow style - problem is I spend some time in there it’s very therapeutic, not having plants at all stages may bet dare I say boring? Lol

Nuttin pretty goin on in here ! I know shit happens to everyone and I’ve def had my share of hurdles but this current flowering batch may b the worst grow I’ve had in a couple years ! And I’m posting pics - wtf is wrong with me ! Lol we don’t have time for that - these are from the most infected tent hopefully we can avoid mold ! Couple more weeks

Attachments

• IMG_6485.jpeg
    IMG_6485.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6486.jpeg
    IMG_6486.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6484.jpeg
    IMG_6484.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
The baby tent is getting healthy new growth on clones and ready for a scrub down this week end ! Sulfur spray is on the way !

Attachments

• IMG_6487.jpeg
    IMG_6487.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Veg tent has also turned the corner - plants getting healthier but not there yet - new water provider has water all straightened out so we should be fine to clone and clean this tent as well .

Have you thought about drenching them in a garbage can full of water first before any treatment?
Turn them upside down and swish them around in the water.
That's a lot of eggs or whatever.
I good pre wash would help any treatment I am sure.

Forgot the worst one ! This is what an infestation looks like ! Not funny lol
I used the angry face because white flies seriously piss me off. Sorry you have to deal with those bastards.
When I got them I used so many yellow sticky traps I probably put the yellow sticky trap inventors kid thru college. Cab space walls were more yellow sticky trap than mylar. Never did get rid of them until I cleared and cleaned the space but the YST did help minimize the infestation.

Another thing that was rather cathartic dealing with them...electronic fly swatter. Shake the plants to stir them and take flight then sweep the air electrocuting them with the swatter. All the zapping and aroma of burning white fly is a very zen like therapy

Last edited:
Have you thought about drenching them in a garbage can full of water first before any treatment?
Turn them upside down and swish them around in the water.
That's a lot of eggs or whatever.
I good pre wash would help any treatment I am sure.
I haven’t treated the budding plants I’m anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks from harvest if the make it great they will get hashed if not that’s ok too .

Back
Top Bottom