Skunk Hero

Rebooted reservoir. Ppm 650. Ph aroun 6.1. 10th day on res.
I'm running gh flora series with florilicious and Kool bloom.
Ph doser makes it easy to ph for sure. Filled res and turned it on.
Thinking of running h&g shooting powder last three weeks. I have one sachet.
Defoliation tomorrow right before lights out.

I found some spidermites on her yesterday during defoliation. She was raised outside so I should have expected. I did spray her once as precaution but egg cycle.

Day 25 of flower.

Last edited:
This is what I determined to be the spider mites. Didn't see a lot so hopefully after I took out all shade leaves will knock the population down. I'm gonna use a nps for 7 days.2023-10-04 22.15.22.jpeg

This is what I determined to be the spider mites. Didn't see a lot so hopefully after I took out all shade leaves will knock the population down. I'm gonna use a nps for 7 days.View attachment 24237
Those look like 2 spotted spider mites. Damn bro, im dealing with thrips so i feel your pain right now.

Those look like 2 spotted spider mites. Damn bro, im dealing with thrips so i feel your pain right now.
This is the first time I've dealt with spider mites. I thought they were the two spotted type and you just confirmed it. My area outside always has always had thrips and apparently mites too.

This is the first time I've dealt with spider mites. I thought they were the two spotted type and you just confirmed it. My area outside always has always had thrips and apparently mites too.
Im still not sure where i got mine lol. Carried them in on me or they came in the window.

I'm not quite sure what this is. It's on the upper leaves. Lower leaves color good. Ph at 6. Just calibrated. I am thinking to much light? I raised the light like 5" and lowered wattage from 200 to 170. I think dli is in the 25 range now with ppfd around 550 to 600. Any ideas?20231013_071851.jpg

Mg would be my guess with upper leaves and you being at 4 weeks?
Looks good in pics but I think I see what you see.
The leaves are more yellow on the sides. Definitely lighter than im used to. And yeah 4 weeks in. So I use the flora series. How do I add mg?

Technically at 32 days but I've noticed it earlier.

The plants largest demand of MG is the first weeks of flower.
LEDs or not.
1 tablespoon epsom salt per gallon is what many do.
You can also apply it foliar at lightsout and see faster if this is what you need.

I put some Epson salt in my res when I got back from out of town. Do you think this is mg deficiency? If so do the leaves ever come back? My heater died last night. These $20 heaters don't last very long.IMG_0457.jpegIMG_0456.jpeg

How do I avoid this in the future? Supplement witn Epson salt from week 1?

I think epsom gets added in flower for the sulphur maybe? Don't quote me on that, but I ran it clear through the end last run and my buds were delicious so...
Epsom is part of a few "nutrient" "parts/programs" like jacks 3-2-1 , 3grams jacks, 2 grams calnit, 1 gram epsom salt.

also, Spectrum dictates to an extent on Nutrient Profile requirements, like LEDs require more epsom salt/mG than HPS/CMH because of the increase in a wider spectrum band and able to exercise all photo-receptors on the plant. some pigments respond more or less depending on the wavelength of the Photons.

if using a regiment like jacks 3-2-1, epsom salt is used the whole time, perhaps increased towards the end.

ALSO depending on the substrate like coco, "leeches" some mG away into its substrate, cat-ion exchange, the way ions flow between the media and the roots, and coco likes to "absorb" some mG and K.

if i wrote that right, @Aqua Man or so can explain it better.

I have lowered my wattage to120w. Lowest I've ever ran in case this is light stress. I've flushed my bucket because I wasn't paying attention to the ppms because I thought the amout of runoff would keep it from building up. Hopefully it can uptake Mg or whatever it needs. Will water tonight with around 600ppm nutes. Hopefully stop this yellowing going on?

2023-10-22 21.45.51.jpg2023-10-22 21.48.14.jpg

2023-10-22 21.46.42-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom