Skunk Hero

I got 8 oz dried. will lose a little more during cure. But super happy with the yeild.

Unfortunately, this pheno has very little smell. I've been sampling the outdoor mother, and a few of the clones and they all are the same. The bag smells very neutral and maybe a slightly sweet smell, a little citrus along with it. Strength ok. Definitely not the skunk I was hoping for.

I found an intermittent timer to use with my Milwaukee ph controller. It will allow the controller to push out ph down for a specified time, which i set for 5 seconds, and will turn off for an amount of time, which i set for 30 seconds. Hopefully, this will allow the circulation pump to mix the res and i can use full strength ph down.

2023-12-11 07.56.35-1.jpg

I got 8 oz dried. will lose a little more during cure. But super happy with the yeild.

Unfortunately, this pheno has very little smell. I've been sampling the outdoor mother, and a few of the clones and they all are the same. The bag smells very neutral and maybe a slightly sweet smell, a little citrus along with it. Strength ok. Definitely not the skunk I was hoping for.

I found an intermittent timer to use with my Milwaukee ph controller. It will allow the controller to push out ph down for a specified time, which i set for 5 seconds, and will turn off for an amount of time, which i set for 30 seconds. Hopefully, this will allow the circulation pump to mix the res and i can use full strength ph down.

View attachment 33640

Curious how this goes for you @Habosabin
I'm looking at this option for my berry tower and just not sure it's right for me. I love the automation of pH control or at least the idea behind it, but I work a lot with parastaltic dosing pumps and they're not precise at all.
Push the power and will run for several seconds rather than shut off when the power button is released. Not too bad of an issue with detergents but major issue with pH or nutes that have to be precise.
From what I gather they work great for very larger reservoirs but if I hooked one up to my 5 gallon rez, a single dose would probably be 10x the dose doing it by hand.
I do like the idea of a thinned out or very weak pH down or even like what you're doing with the timer. Keep us posted on this Brother!🍿

I have found that the skunks strains dont have a skunk smell. Like at all, they are either sweet or fruity.

This apples and bananas i just grew is skunkier than any skunk ive grown lol.

Good banana strains are some of my fave and they don't smell like bananas or taste like them at all. Maybe a hint close to baby food banana, but the OG Kush genetics in them give that delicious road kill skunk aroma and nasal passage burn a good skunk cut will produce.

Good banana strains are some of my fave and they don't smell like bananas or taste like them at all. Maybe a hint close to baby food banana, but the OG Kush genetics in them give that delicious road kill skunk aroma and nasal passage burn a good skunk cut will produce
Im not even sure where they got Apples & Bananas because its not made from an apple or banana strain.

Its (Platinum Cookies x GDP) x (Blue Power x Gelatti) so they definitely just threw a random ass name at this one imo.

Here is the new layout and new cheapo bar light. Supposed to have uv. I know I probably didn't need to change lights . Gonna be a mini sog. This light can be controlled by my aci controller 20231211_191150.jpg

Ok. Here is the layout of the new strains. I’ll create a new diary once they get a foothold. I’m doing 15 DLI for the seedlings. Let me know if I should change that.

i will say gps had the most mature seeds. Big brown with stripes. The rest weren’t quite as mature.
2023-12-13 13.03.05.jpeg

Curious how this goes for you @Habosabin
I'm looking at this option for my berry tower and just not sure it's right for me. I love the automation of pH control or at least the idea behind it, but I work a lot with parastaltic dosing pumps and they're not precise at all.
Push the power and will run for several seconds rather than shut off when the power button is released. Not too bad of an issue with detergents but major issue with pH or nutes that have to be precise.
From what I gather they work great for very larger reservoirs but if I hooked one up to my 5 gallon rez, a single dose would probably be 10x the dose doing it by hand.
I do like the idea of a thinned out or very weak pH down or even like what you're doing with the timer. Keep us posted on this Brother!🍿
my pump doesn’t seem to pump out a lot when it’s on and my pump does turn off when the power is stopped so I think this intermittent timer will work well. The main problem is over correction because it isn’t pausing to let the dose mix well. It works fine if I dilute the ph down but I would like it if I didn’t have to dilute.
Good banana strains are some of my fave and they don't smell like bananas or taste like them at all. Maybe a hint close to baby food banana, but the OG Kush genetics in them give that delicious road kill skunk aroma and nasal passage burn a good skunk cut will produce.
Hmm..maybe gps bananamal might be a good pickup.

my pump doesn’t seem to pump out a lot when it’s on and my pump does turn off when the power is stopped so I think this intermittent timer will work well. The main problem is over correction because it isn’t pausing to let the dose mix well. It works fine if I dilute the ph down but I would like it if I didn’t have to dilute.
Try having the pump off longer than 30 seconds to allow mixing time?
I would go 5-10 or even the full 40 minutes if you are hoping to set it and forget it.

Try having the pump off longer than 30 seconds to allow mixing time?
I would go 5-10 or even the full 40 minutes if you are hoping to set it and forget it.
I wasn't super clear I my previous post. When it doesn't stop to mix it will over correct using full strength ph down. I do believe this new timer will work and I will definitely give it time between the 5 seconds applications. I think 5 minutes in between should be plenty since it's only around 10 gallons.

Using my aci controller I can have 10% increments when dimming my light but only 25% increments using the knob on the light.

Back
Top Bottom