What's Cookin?

Only on page two so far but wondering if anyone here uses the leaves for anything edible? I mean like salads or something.
We have juiced them, also put them in smoothies, have done them in salads also.i keep bokashi compost buckets in my room now they all go in there and get added back to the dirt.

More chicken Alfredo, lol.

Pan seated chicken seasoned with steak seasoning, finished off with a Torch.

And some cheddar bay biscuits

Attachments

• 16866117025003537387435834346153.jpg
    16866117025003537387435834346153.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@Kanzeon does. Gets high from them too. Never could explain that.

He’s got the perfect liver for this application. Genetic winner.
My family has tried it here and there. Supposed to be good for you. 🤷‍♂️

As it’s the raw green leaves I don’t know if the average person can get high from it but I’ve read some pets are believed to get high by ingesting them.

I was asking as a old friend is fighting cancer and I was looking for things that might help that I can do. We tried them at first to see how it tasted and/or effected us. Other than the need to finely chop the leaves it was fine. (Hairs on the leaves can make eating large pieces tricky.)

So other than salad I was wondering if anyone has tried in meals like stir fry, stews, or anywhere a spinach or green leaf veggie was used?

In the US I’ve had a broccoli rabe dish that was great that cannabis might work with. I just don’t know the recipe.

Anyway, just a thought.

Leaves can get you high, if you don't smoke much, or only smoke leaves.

The sativas that essentially composed the reefer supply in the USA, back in the 70s, had tons of leaf. "Buds" were wispy, and just mixed in with leaves, stems and seeds.

For my first ever outdoor grow, my plants didn't even develop flowers. It was all leaf. It was a land race Colombian Gold strain, and they had not flowered by September, when I had to leave for school, so we chopped them. There was a huge dry spell (1976) and my ounces of pure leaf were in great demand.

Once we started getting buds, toward the end of the decade, we never smoked leaves again.

When you eat leaves like in a smoothie, what is the process for decarboxylation?

It's happening somehow for some people. At the other place I was told that body heat did it. I never bought that.

When you eat leaves like in a smoothie, what is the process for decarboxylation?

It's happening somehow for some people. At the other place I was told that body heat did it. I never bought that.
It's possible the blender could do it, you can cook soup in a good blender just from the heat created by the friction of the blades. However I would think it wouldn't work in a smoothie surrounded by frozen things.

Could you squeeze it into a juice like wheat grass? I think wheat grass juice shots are nasty but if there are big health benefits then why not?

I don't like the flavor or smoke of leaf so they usually go into the compost bin but after this grow I'm finally committing to making cannagars which are pretty much modernized Thai Sticks.
It's a long process and difficult. Rate of failure is very high the first few times I've tried but I'm hoping with a mold I can get better results rather than wrapping with string.

But the jist of it is rough ground flower compressed, wrapped, & tied around a bamboo skewer then left to cure anywhere from 3 hours to a few days. Longer the better.

Next, coat the cigar with hash oil then wrap with destemed leaf blades in a spiral pattern. After the first layer of leaf is down add another concentrate like dry sifted kief and wrap with more leaf until it's all evened out and smooth.
After the final wrap, cure it for a week or longer (58%-62%) so you get as much chlorophyll to off gas as possible.

What you get in the end is a very slow burning cigar. Depending on use, one cigar loaded with 4-7 grams can burn 6 hours or longer

I don't like the flavor or smoke of leaf so they usually go into the compost bin but after this grow I'm finally committing to making cannagars which are pretty much modernized Thai Sticks.
It's a long process and difficult. Rate of failure is very high the first few times I've tried but I'm hoping with a mold I can get better results rather than wrapping with string.

But the jist of it is rough ground flower compressed, wrapped, & tied around a bamboo skewer then left to cure anywhere from 3 hours to a few days. Longer the better.

Next, coat the cigar with hash oil then wrap with destemed leaf blades in a spiral pattern. After the first layer of leaf is down add another concentrate like dry sifted kief and wrap with more leaf until it's all evened out and smooth.
After the final wrap, cure it for a week or longer (58%-62%) so you get as much chlorophyll to off gas as possible.

What you get in the end is a very slow burning cigar. Depending on use, one cigar loaded with 4-7 grams can burn 6 hours or longer

My buddy makes them, he made his own mold. He is a little extra in the stoner department, so he also adds dabs and shit, plus rolls it in kief or some other fancy shit and yes, they last forever and whack you into next week.

One of my favorite ways to cook... over the campfire. Oh you want coffee? Go find some sticks, nurse the fire, get real stoned while you wait for the water to boil, wait 15 minutes longer to perk... now you can cook breakfast because it's been 2 hours and there are coals. 🤣⛺🔥 FB_IMG_1686704460194.jpg

One of my favorite ways to cook... over the campfire. Oh you want coffee? Go find some sticks, nurse the fire, get real stoned while you wait for the water to boil, wait 15 minutes longer to perk... now you can cook breakfast because it's been 2 hours and there are coals. 🤣⛺🔥 View attachment 7307
Not gonna lie i do this at home occasionally in the summer lol.

Why does food cooked over an open fire when you're camping always taste so good?🤔

Why does food cooked over an open fire when you're camping always taste so good?🤔
Maybe it's the smoke, Maybe it's the manual labor required to be successful. I usually try to go around and find tasty sticks to add after I have a bed of coals, like cherry or maple, we don't have much for hickory in the ADK, think it's the elevation. Cherry are not abundant, but they are around, maple is everywhere. Oak are all but decimated thanks to the emerald oak borer.

Maybe it's the smoke, Maybe it's the manual labor required to be successful. I usually try to go around and find tasty sticks to add after I have a bed of coals, like cherry or maple, we don't have much for hickory in the ADK, think it's the elevation. Cherry are not abundant, but they are around, maple is everywhere. Oak are all but decimated thanks to the emerald oak borer.
I use a lot of apple wood when i cook on an open fire or in my smoker.
I also like to buy the Jack Daniels whiskey barrel smoking chips, they give a nice flavor too.

I use a lot of apple wood when i cook on an open fire or in my smoker.
I also like to buy the Jack Daniels whiskey barrel smoking chips, they give a nice flavor too.
Yeah I usually just scavenge what's around my campsite because I'm cheap like that lol. I do want to get a legit smoker though... hubs isn't a huge fan of smoked meats or I'd have one already.

Yeah I usually just scavenge what's around my campsite because I'm cheap like that lol. I do want to get a legit smoker though... hubs isn't a huge fan of smoked meats or I'd have one already.
I hear that lol, i have a lot of apple trees nearby with a bunch of broken dead branches that make for great camp fire/smoker wood.

I got a masterbuilt smoker, its like a mini fridge.

I got mine 2 years ago on Labor day, it was 28% off for the end of season sale.

Reactions: TSD
Back
Top Bottom