What's Cookin?

I like making my own sauces when it comes to mexican food. They're so easy and taste WAY better than anything in a jar.

I like making chicken enchiladas with green sauce.

Green sauce is tomatillos, serrano chile, garlic and onion par boiled until the tomatillo skins change color to a lighter green. Remove everything from the water and put it into a blender. Blend it all to the consistency you like and salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro before last blending. Use water you used to boil everything if it's too thick to the consistency you want.

I buy a rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it. Frying pan with oil to soften the corn tortillas then, once they've cooked through and softened enough I fill and roll them and let them cool a little. When I'm ready to eat I take the rolled enchiladas and dunk them in the green sauce I have warming on the stove. Plate them and top with onions, sour cream, cilantro and cotija cheese.

Only thing missing is a giant Margarita on the rocks with a salted rim and limes floating around in the drink!!!
Buying a rotisserie chicken is my go to for Mexican food with chicken as well, also soups and Buffalo chicken dip.

Love this thread! I fancy myself a good cook, my mama taught me well. I'm also the grillmaster of my family because hubs likes to overcook the meats lol. I should really take more food pics, had to scour my Instagram to find the ones I actually tried to plate decently.
One of my favorite things to make, Chicken Marsala. Screenshot_20230514_104241_Instagram.jpg
Steak, sirloin I think... with homemade French onion soup and a salad to balanceall those calories... we usually buy our meat by the slab and cut our own steaks. Screenshot_20230514_104232_Instagram.jpg
I buy a whole prime rib, usually 20 plus pounds, for Christmas and that's our gift to my husband's large family, a fancy dinner. Of course I don't have a pic of that... come back in 6 months and I will lol.

Spicy Raw Beef Salad from Central Provisions in Portland, Maine. Easily one of the best things I've eaten. There is no going back once you have it.

Attachments

• raw-beef-salad-cp-3e958579-09b4-4ba0-9326-57e3316e433f.jpg
    raw-beef-salad-cp-3e958579-09b4-4ba0-9326-57e3316e433f.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
Pregame meal going light...Chopped salad with Greek dressing and Ahi Tuna Poke.
BTW for fans of Poke out there... Costco gets poke flown in daily from Hawaii so if you're lucky enough to have a Costco carrying poke or even better, the ones with a poke bar near you, you'll get great quality tuna and that authentic Hawaiian flavor not many poke joints can get

IMG_4710.JPG

Pregame meal going light...Chopped salad with Greek dressing and Ahi Tuna Poke.
BTW for fans of Poke out there... Costco gets poke flown in daily from Hawaii so if you're lucky enough to have a Costco carrying poke or even better, the ones with a poke bar near you, you'll get great quality tuna and that authentic Hawaiian flavor not many poke joints can get

View attachment 3168
I like to buy sushi grade tuna and make sashimi. A friend of mine is a sushi chef and came over one night and taught me how to make sushi and how to grade Tuna. Every once in a while I'll find a store selling Yellowtail or Bluefin toro which is my favorite part of the Tuna.

This was my first attempt at making it at school haha. A lot of it looks easy in concept when youre watching but it's really hard to do it consistently without a ton of practice. My kids love rolls so I actually paid attention for that part.

Attachments

• 20211210_100304.jpg
    20211210_100304.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Just found this thread! Stooooked to be here i LOVE FOOD!
I have what we call a “culinary almost degree” 😂 I left college in need of one English class when I discovered the industry didn’t fit my life goals (a family) as well as I’d like. Love cooking for family and friends. Cook a lot of wild game, seafood and Asian style cuisine. I’ll be following this thread for sure after I catch-up on 7 pages of food 😂🤤

My GF was a teacher and she took in one of her students after she got pregnant. She and her son stay with us and she's about to get her nursing degree. She can cook like a mawfaker!!!

Tonights meal was Southern Style buttermilk fried chicken with mac and cheese, dressing and corn fritters!!! Washed it all down with a few Yuenling lagers.

Tomorrow is my turn to cook since it's Taco Tuesday night and I'm the mexican food king in the house so tomorrow I'm making Birria Tacos with consomme, mexican white rice and charro beans!!!

My GF was a teacher and she took in one of her students after she got pregnant. She and her son stay with us and she's about to get her nursing degree. She can cook like a mawfaker!!!

Tonights meal was Southern Style buttermilk fried chicken with mac and cheese, dressing and corn fritters!!! Washed it all down with a few lagers.

Tomorrow is my turn to cook since it's Taco Tuesday night and I'm the mexican food king in the house so tomorrow I'm making Birria Tacos with consomme, mexican white rice and charro beans!!!
Yuenling?? they're made in my backyard... are they famous now?

Little sausage party out on the Santa Maria for some old school Dad style bbq.
Got some Nathan's Famous links, some hatch chili links, and a pork & venison sausage link.
Today we'll be doing burgers, drinking suds, and watching the racing that got rained out yesterday and Saturday. Still got ARCA, trucks, and Indy 500 yesterday though so we still had a blast. Might've been for the best XS and Cup got pushed to Monday, Memorial Day with all the patriotic paint schemes this weekend.
Go #14!!!

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

Got some Nathan's Famous links, some hatch chili links, and a pork & venison sausage link.
Today we'll be doing burgers, drinking suds, and watching the racing that got rained out yesterday and Saturday. Still got ARCA, trucks, and Indy 500 yesterday though so we still had a blast. Might've been for the best XS and Cup got pushed to Monday, Memorial Day with all the patriotic paint schemes this weekend.
Go #14!!!

View attachment 4693

View attachment 4694
BBQ, works for me, tonite pork butt for nom tok moo.20230601_183038.jpg

Go #14!!!

View attachment 4693

View attachment 4694
You should give these Mainer hotdogs a try dude. Best I ever had.

Might have to snag the recipe off you. My daughter will fight people over my chicken, so I like to show her as many different styles of dry rubs and sauces as I can. Haven't done a KC style rub though
Haha, i wish it was something special i did, but its just Weber KC dry rub from walmart lmao
Weber KC BBQ Dry Rub, 14.5 oz https://www.walmart.com/ip/141524422

Back
Top Bottom