8 strains x 4 breeders. No veg. Seed to Weed in 80 days. Let's ride!

Happy 420 everybody!!!

To members who don't know me, I'm Bandit420
I grow so much pot I always have plenty

I live in a prohibition state and am considered an outlaw
Got two pretty good green thumbs, maybe because I'm a southpaw

I might be Sith but probably more Jedi
One thing for sure, this grass gives me redeye

Gonna grow some alien, banana, ice cream, OG, headband, and even a nuke
Stanky dank aromas from this crop just might make me puke

California Lightworks makes my LED light
They do a helluva job growing these weeds, frosty buds with density nice and tight

I pop my seeds using a 3D printed vertical germinator
It's tech sent here from the future like a Skynet Terminator

I start them off in airpots for awesome roots
And for food I give my ladies Great White, King Crab, & Neptune's Harvest nutes

In flower, Coast of Maine soil, 3.84 gallons per plant is what I use
Best soil around? Hell yes! That's old news

Pull up a chair and get ready for a show
Gonna try and turn these plants so white it'll look like snow

We'll be flying in a starship and I hope you don't panic
After all, this grow is 100% organic

🔥

The Breeders & Strains:

Irie Genetics ~ Nuketown

Cosmic Wisdom Seeds ~ Banana Twerpz

Greenpoint Seeds ~ Straight Jacket....AC/OG....Tahoe Animal....Gellazi....Banana Punch

My home bred cross ~ Haunted Banana F1

Everything except for Haunted Banana is feminized

🔥

A no veg grow is exactly what it sounds like. Once they break thru the seedling stage, the stalk firms up, 5 point leaves emerge, I flip to flower.
Several reasons for this and some are pointed out here

Not only has no veg growing saved me money on operating costs but it's allowing me to fit two extra grows annually which in turn means greater yields per year.

The speed though is the biggest game changer in all this. To be able to take 20-25 seeds and turn it into one lb of sensi in a little over two months time is some real shit that's hard not to notice.
And not just seed runs...I'm hoping to do some clone runs as well :cool:

So lets light the fires and burn some tires!!

🔥

View attachment 54556

IMG_7017.JPG

23 plants have been started. I have a max capacity of around 25-28.
4 starts are from regular seed and I expect some attrition occuring there and maybe a runt or mutant or two. This plan for attrition was done intentionally with the idea of taking clones and running a trailing crop with more Haunted Banana, Nuketown and Banana Twerpz to max out capacity and then some

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

IMG_7027.JPG

New for this grow is an updated and ugraded air moving and cooling array of fans in addition to 3D printed, ceiling mount poles for ACI Gen 1 fans to cool the Spectramax heat output.
This was done by pointing a laser thermometer at the light's rails and identifying where the drivers are at causing the heat.
Before the cooling the rails were at 116*F. After cooling they don't get past 94*F.

IMG_7033.JPG

Right now two SS550s are on and they're both at 30%

IMG_0583.JPG

420spectral.png

Another upgrade is a center positioned SS550 under the Spectramax able to come down and help with starting the sprouts and also be a back up option in case heat is too much of an issue running the Spectramax.
This SS550 like the other two are on a remote control winch to be raised and lowered or installed or removed with ease.

IMG_7030.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7035.JPG

Y'all may be noticing some other changes well. 🥴
If those aesthetic changes are kinda doing a mind fuck with your eyes, that's the intention😋

🔥

The grow is monitored by Pulse and controlled by ACI, Blueprint, and Spartan controllers and thermostats.
There's eight 6" ACI fans, one 16" Air King, Hepa filtered active intake, a 10 speed 20" ceiling fan, and 700CFM worth of exhaust power

pulse.png

So that's the grow. 😋
Now comes the crazy shit like cannagars, rosin, dab life, bbq, and all other things 420 😵‍💫

Last edited:
Crazy cooker lol

That looks like the illegitimate bastard child from a Santa Maria and Cowboy Grill 😋
Looks awesome for doing something like a whole snapper or red drum though!

Those seeds should be fine.
12 hours is pretty long like you said and you definitley got material that is less than desirable like you said.
But squishing it I think you did the right thing.
You separated all the seeds and stems and got the rest all loose and flowing for the press.
The press will sort the good from bad.
You're going to have fire there~! 🔥

I gave consideration to rewrapping the drum with a mesh so open only seeds would be held back.
Stamped on the box when I first got the Tumble Now wasn't a brand or anything. Just plain brown box stamped "seed separator- made in Taiwan". So maybe I'm using it as somewhat intended even though it was marketed for making hash in the USA.
But yeah the tumbler now, I doubt I'll ever use it to get clean kief and press hash from it like days of yore. Rosin is my jam and while it does over homogenize the material to an excess, hopefully super tight micron bags will filter it.
I'm anxious though so I may sit here and stew a bit before I do a one off run with 160 mic and see what it spits out.

Dude.. Bandit..

Have you seen this shit??

Heater, AC and Dehuey all in one.

Why those sneaky fucking bastards!!!!
Here they are getting people to buy everything separate for a few years then go ahead and release and all in one machine.🤬
Thing looks legit though!
I looked it up and their influencers have unboxing reviews up on youtube and they're pricing it at $700. Not bad considering all the bells and whistles.
I'd like to see them come out with just a grow room specific AC. No dehuey or heater as I'll never need those but I'll use AC.
My window unit is aging but it's 5000BTU and 500watt intake is reasonable. + I like it being analog control which matches it up better to new tech digital thermostats and smart plugs. The more fancy shit an AC has built in like digital control, eco modes, wifi and all that, the more useless it is for me (and more expensive). I found mine for only $99 almost 10 years ago but now I see them for $150-$180. WalMart has black one for $144 😍 I just need an on/off switch and hi or low speed on the fan then let the external thermostat do the rest

wow with one of those you could make a cannatrol with a cardboard box!!! ^^^^

Bandit that cooler is kickass man, i don't think any of the peltier units i have can work that well.

you're gonna have a ton of volunteers from that compost! your mailman is gonna extra happy!!! :ROFLMAO:

thanks for the idea though, i need to defrost out and clean a small chest freezer we have out back, before i load it back up again i'm going to put my tumbler in it!!! i have trim from the last two harvests left over.

Multipurpose like a sumbitch bro!!!! Looks like any temp from 10-68 is available.
And there is a drain plug in the bottom so there's a possibility of adding a manual vacuum pump in there if I ever need a zero oxygen environment for something.
I'm impressed with it so far.
It is hell on my tumbler so let me put that out there now. Typically I run the motor at 5-6 volts. In this cold I have to bump it up to 8-9 volts. And being made of wood the very first thing I have to do when pulling it out is wipe it down so the frozen moisture film encasing the thing which thaws almost instantly does not soak the wood.
I see using a stainless steel box in the future and using this for parts and sizing. I'm thinking marine or aircraft grade materials in the future for the harsh conditions in that cooler
Even the rebuilt drum took a quite a beating on the long cold run.
Credit to the grove bags at 10 degrees too. Still holds the humidity in range at that temp.

Like you say though with all that trim...That's what I'm most happy about is clearing out this lb or two of weed that's more hassle to extract than anything. Some of this is over two years old and just needs to go but it's too valuable to just toss out. Running it thru in large volumes and getting good results is making me smile😋

Right here for the win~!
Solid aluminum and at the right price.

That's similar to what the rebuild would be like. Really I just need the ss or aluminum box and it needs to be much larger...about 18"L x 12"D x12"H to fit my barrel.
The tricky part is still having the drawer in the bottom with the 70 mic screen for the bonus sift. Maybe a box with lids on both ends.
Motors, I'll buy in bulk from Alibaba and I already have a baddass variable power supply to power DC motors from a120v circuit.
The barrel is already mostly steel but it's end caps are wood. Those I'll recreate on the 3D printer;)

i like Steams idea with the desiccate.. to absorb the moisture. once everything has reached temp the condensation should stop. i bet i couldn't use my open tumbler in there, it would have the entire drum wet.

love the red gold and green!!!

had this tonight to get ready for chi town racing!!!!!!

006.JPG

i like Steams idea with the desiccate.. to absorb the moisture. once everything has reached temp the condensation should stop. i bet i couldn't use my open tumbler in there, it would have the entire drum wet.

love the red gold and green!!!

had this tonight to get ready for chi town racing!!!!!!

View attachment 64681

Seems any moisture occurring is actually outside the cooler when I pull the tumbler out.
Very similar to pulling anything frozen from a freezer into warm temps. A dew point is quickly hit giving a film of moisture.

You can see it in this chart. I've taken away grow data and have it set to only watch temps, RH, and the dew point.

dewey.png

You can see how at start up, the temp being the red line plummets. Gets to a point where it bottoms out around 10 degrees. The first spike is where I open it to take a quick peek inside.
As it goes along where it spikes a few more times is where the compressor is off then turns back on and it looks like shark fins.
The big spike up is where I open the cooler and remove the tumbler. At this point the tumbler is frozen solid.
There's no loose moisture in the cooler since inside the cooler dew point is -8.5 and temps are at 10.
But upon opening the cooler, you can see where the red line(temp) and blue line (DP) meet and that's where the tumbler is coated in a thin film of moisture.
Give them a few minutes and you see those two line separate and there's no moisture inside the cooler.

Down the line you see how there's a series of shark fins? That's from a bad seal on the cooler having the wires from the power supply breaking the seal. I noticed that on the monitor and went in to sit on the cooler and hope to seal it up better. Voila! No more shark fins after taking a seat!

I wouldn't run an open top tumbler not because it would get wet but because it would throw extract all over the inside of the cooler instead of keeping it contained in the tumbler. When everything is frozen solid, shit goes flying!! And with this SS mesh it's pretty much like taking a belt sander to the buds and sanding them down into dust.

I also keep thinking about that vacuum and going zero oxygen. That's what freeze drying essentially is all about so I'm wondering now, I've tumbled in hard frozen conditions, what about doing it in zero oxygen conditions as well? I'm guessing it would be like doing extracts on top of Mt. Everest and would there be any sort of advantage doing that? Sure seems to help with BHO but here I can hold those temps down unlike BHO. Imagine climbing inside your freezer to blast BHO??!!

Another thing I'll likely do is 3D print a TPU plug for the power supply wires to pass thru in the bottom rather than just having them go thru the lid where they can break the seal on the cooler. It's not an urgent thing since going into freezing temps won't be done too often and it will be set for long term storage of weed at 55 more than anything but it's an idea for later.

Man I had Chicago dogs Wednesday when all the new paint schemes for the week were revealed! Did 'em up with sport peppers, celery salt, the works!!!
I'm thinking about deep dish pies or maybe a big ass Italian sandwich with all the fixins today.

But yeah man I'm so excited for this race weekend!!! Can't believe I'm the only one with Shane Van Gizmo in the pool!!! Bubba fucked me and Larson sure didn't help last week dumping the #1 and I fell to 5th so we'll see if my ace up the sleeve can help me out here. I'll be rubbing my lucky 91 for some mojo!!! Oh wait...that sounded weird. You know what I mean!!!

Larson will be in the 17 again today for the NXS race and tomorrow SVG's rival, Austin Hill will be in a cup ride so we may get bonus fireworks Saturday and Sunday! Weather looks good too so no delays or shortened races this weekend!!

Had chili dog's last night myself.

No beans right? RIGHT? 😁

Seems any moisture occurring is actually outside the cooler when I pull the tumbler out.
Very similar to pulling anything frozen from a freezer into warm temps. A dew point is quickly hit giving a film of moisture.

You can see it in this chart. I've taken away grow data and have it set to only watch temps, RH, and the dew point.

View attachment 64700

You can see how at start up, the temp being the red line plummets. Gets to a point where it bottoms out around 10 degrees. The first spike is where I open it to take a quick peek inside.
As it goes along where it spikes a few more times is where the compressor is off then turns back on and it looks like shark fins.
The big spike up is where I open the cooler and remove the tumbler. At this point the tumbler is frozen solid.
There's no loose moisture in the cooler since inside the cooler dew point is -8.5 and temps are at 10.
But upon opening the cooler, you can see where the red line(temp) and blue line (DP) meet and that's where the tumbler is coated in a thin film of moisture.
Give them a few minutes and you see those two line separate and there's no moisture inside the cooler.

Down the line you see how there's a series of shark fins? That's from a bad seal on the cooler having the wires from the power supply breaking the seal. I noticed that on the monitor and went in to sit on the cooler and hope to seal it up better. Voila! No more shark fins after taking a seat!

I wouldn't run an open top tumbler not because it would get wet but because it would throw extract all over the inside of the cooler instead of keeping it contained in the tumbler. When everything is frozen solid, shit goes flying!! And with this SS mesh it's pretty much like taking a belt sander to the buds and sanding them down into dust.

I also keep thinking about that vacuum and going zero oxygen. That's what freeze drying essentially is all about so I'm wondering now, I've tumbled in hard frozen conditions, what about doing it in zero oxygen conditions as well? I'm guessing it would be like doing extracts on top of Mt. Everest and would there be any sort of advantage doing that? Sure seems to help with BHO but here I can hold those temps down unlike BHO. Imagine climbing inside your freezer to blast BHO??!!

Another thing I'll likely do is 3D print a TPU plug for the power supply wires to pass thru in the bottom rather than just having them go thru the lid where they can break the seal on the cooler. It's not an urgent thing since going into freezing temps won't be done too often and it will be set for long term storage of weed at 55 more than anything but it's an idea for later.

Man I had Chicago dogs Wednesday when all the new paint schemes for the week were revealed! Did 'em up with sport peppers, celery salt, the works!!!
I'm thinking about deep dish pies or maybe a big ass Italian sandwich with all the fixins today.

But yeah man I'm so excited for this race weekend!!! Can't believe I'm the only one with Shane Van Gizmo in the pool!!! Bubba fucked me and Larson sure didn't help last week dumping the #1 and I fell to 5th so we'll see if my ace up the sleeve can help me out here. I'll be rubbing my lucky 91 for some mojo!!! Oh wait...that sounded weird. You know what I mean!!!

Larson will be in the 17 again today for the NXS race and tomorrow SVG's rival, Austin Hill will be in a cup ride so we may get bonus fireworks Saturday and Sunday! Weather looks good too so no delays or shortened races this weekend!!

No beans right? RIGHT? 😁

ahhhh that makes a lot of sense now, thanks for explaining all that man!!! cuz i'm thinking of it as my own experience and i'm like i don't get any of that where is coming from???

i'm sure once you get it setup you won't have to open it all, or nearly as much at least. you could always put a small wireless camera in there so you don't need to open it to see.

'm really impressed a lot though man. that peltier unit is about the best i've seen as far as performance!!

well if today is any sign you'll be in great shape for tomorrows race. i'm not sure who i have in the pool but i'll bet they finish 35th. i've had more dnf's this year than actual finishes man!! but man if that's where all my bad luck is falling and the rest of life has good luck then i'm all for a shitty pool year!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

chicago should name a street after SVG!!!

i hope he and larson get to race some more tomorrow!!!!!!

ahhhh that makes a lot of sense now, thanks for explaining all that man!!! cuz i'm thinking of it as my own experience and i'm like i don't get any of that where is coming from???

i'm sure once you get it setup you won't have to open it all, or nearly as much at least. you could always put a small wireless camera in there so you don't need to open it to see.

'm really impressed a lot though man. that peltier unit is about the best i've seen as far as performance!!

well if today is any sign you'll be in great shape for tomorrows race. i'm not sure who i have in the pool but i'll bet they finish 35th. i've had more dnf's this year than actual finishes man!! but man if that's where all my bad luck is falling and the rest of life has good luck then i'm all for a shitty pool year!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

chicago should name a street after SVG!!!

i hope he and larson get to race some more tomorrow!!!!!!

The most opening and closing going on will definitely just be during extractions. Plus like a kid with a new toy, I had to look inside and touch the walls and all that.😋
All other times when it's just for long term storage I'll open it maybe once a month like I've been doing with my minifridge and wine fridge I was using before that.
It's not a peltier cooler. I don't think a peltier could get anything down to 10 degrees in 90 degree ambient temps on only 80 watts. There's a compressor in there and I'm 100% certain on that because the warranty states "2 year warranty on the compressor" haha!
It's just a very efficient and very quiet compressor. Looks like even the smallest coolers they offer are compressor cooled too

That was a super fun race to watch!!! Probably top 5 so far this year. That's a really cool city and course to visit but it's totally a made for tv race.
Tomorrow's gonna be super fun and can't wait to watch all the havoc unfold.

Looks like Deegan's time in NASCAR series racing is about over. She hasn't made a single competitive pass this year and while that 15 team is mediocre at best, Logano got that car into the top 10. Not sure who will drive it at Pocono but it won't be her.
Same with Harrison Burton. He'll need to hit the reset button on his career and did not help himself junking his car in qualifying today

Anybody see this in the news?

That happened right in front of a beach bar we've spent many days bellied up to drinking turbo pinas and eating fried oysters!! Even floated on tubes in that very surf!

And now with this hurricane with Texas in it's crosshairs it may actually happen for real!!!

images.jpg

So in addition to needing two briskets for hurricane prep I'm gonna need to make sure my chainsaw is ready for action!

Also had to try out a newish sandwich shop headed up by a Philly transplant today. It's actually a pizza joint but everybody know the best sammies come from pizza joints so I had to try it and it did not disappoint at all!!!

This is the cheesesteak called The Linq and it was pure heaven!!! Got it with the Whiz and all the fixins. Huge pile of prime rib in there and so delicious!!! For real it's about as legit as it gets.

IMG_7522[1].jpeg

And for their cold sammies I went with the Brandywine Italian Hoagie. Named after the battle with the Brits in 1777 Philly and also has brandywine tomatoes, might be the best Italian sub I've ever tried. Everything from bread to cold cuts & veggies to the oil they used...Man it was good!!!!

IMG_7523[1].jpeg

Last edited:
The most opening and closing going on will definitely just be during extractions. Plus like a kid with a new toy, I had to look inside and touch the walls and all that.😋
All other times when it's just for long term storage I'll open it maybe once a month like I've been doing with my minifridge and wine fridge I was using before that.
It's not a peltier cooler. I don't think a peltier could get anything down to 10 degrees in 90 degree ambient temps on only 80 watts. There's a compressor in there and I'm 100% certain on that because the warranty states "2 year warranty on the compressor" haha!
It's just a very efficient and very quiet compressor. Looks like even the smallest coolers they offer are compressor cooled too

well all be, learn something new everyday!!! i was looking around lowes.com and they have ones similar, didn't even know it.. then i started surfing there and found this piece of machinery!!!

Screenshot 2024-07-07 045536.jpg

i mean c'mon!! two hundred bucks delivered!!! way cool!!!!! but i was thinking maybe a dumb freezer control like you were talking with your AC and use my own controls... if i could fit all my bags and jars in a basket that i could just take out ez then chill down for extractions like you were talking about. might be worth a think. i'd get a cheaper $130 one though and black!

That was a super fun race to watch!!! Probably top 5 so far this year. That's a really cool city and course to visit but it's totally a made for tv race.
Tomorrow's gonna be super fun and can't wait to watch all the havoc unfold.

Looks like Deegan's time in NASCAR series racing is about over. She hasn't made a single competitive pass this year and while that 15 team is mediocre at best, Logano got that car into the top 10. Not sure who will drive it at Pocono but it won't be her.
Same with Harrison Burton. He'll need to hit the reset button on his career and did not help himself junking his car in qualifying today

it seemed much better in nice weather. i hope that stays for today!!!

i had thought the same thing about haley a few months ago when i was listing to her radio in a truck race. i was like damn at this point you should already know the things they're reminding you constantly and should be further along by this point. i have a feeling she was coached extremely well before she entered nascar. without the perfect crew chief/team she will struggle going forward.

And now with this hurricane with Texas in it's crosshairs it may actually happen for real!!!

i just shake my head man... no words....

but bro those sammies... i mean...

giphy.webp

well all be, learn something new everyday!!! i was looking around lowes.com and they have ones similar, didn't even know it.. then i started surfing there and found this piece of machinery!!!

View attachment 64807

i mean c'mon!! two hundred bucks delivered!!! way cool!!!!! but i was thinking maybe a dumb freezer control like you were talking with your AC and use my own controls... if i could fit all my bags and jars in a basket that i could just take out ez then chill down for extractions like you were talking about. might be worth a think. i'd get a cheaper $130 one though and black!

it seemed much better in nice weather. i hope that stays for today!!!

i had thought the same thing about haley a few months ago when i was listing to her radio in a truck race. i was like damn at this point you should already know the things they're reminding you constantly and should be further along by this point. i have a feeling she was coached extremely well before she entered nascar. without the perfect crew chief/team she will struggle going forward.

i just shake my head man... no words....

but bro those sammies... i mean...

giphy.webp

Oh man that's too funny about that basket because I'm gonna 3D print a basket for all my goodies to keep them organized in there.

It's crazy how many really good deals are out there on things like this. That freezer there is perfect for this stuff. Hell I'd even keep weed in it that gone past a certain date to pretty much lock it up in regards to cure etc.

That's one of the main reason I cold cure and store is to pretty much get the weed to a certain point and shut it down at that point. Aging, exposure to light and oxygen, and temp swings in a cabinet can really take the mojo out of good pot but cold, dark, and zero oxygen is the great stabilizer.
So if I like a fresh to 3 week cure, I can use cold to lock it up there then 6 months down the road it will be the same as it was at 3 weeks.
After that it's all about capacity and efficiency in how it's stored so that's why I've gone thru a few fridges and containers looking for that near perfect fit

I was hoping to keep my investment under $300 but size of the tumbler, projected size of stash, and wanting it 12 volt to maybe go solar got me spending well above that 3 hundy cap.
Costco had one but it was dual zone so my tumbler wouldn't fit + it was $700 and that's what started my search. I was actually prepared to shell out $700 even though it was against my wilI found the Bodegas on Amazon then started cross searching on pricing. Found a ton under $200 that would do fine if my tumbler was smaller like the one Steam linked but the big Bodega kept coming up to the top of the list. The best price on it was direct from Bodega with it being on sale + a 10% coupon code. Got it for $540 delivered and felt pretty good about that not going all the way to $700 and not settling for something undersized since the tumbler dictated size. It had to be able to fit the tumbler or nothing pretty much.
And having a bench seat in the grow room to sit on while I water the garden is just bonus!!

Now I want another for the truck. Not just for seafood runs like I was saying but hell man just for runs to the store and not having to worry about ice cream melting if I don't rush home right away.

Then the solar aspect of going 12 volt was at the top of the list too. Sure I could use an inverter on a 120v but I really wanna just plug mine into a deep cycle battery and get panels to charge the battery. I already have one of the most important parts, the charge controller, I've been itching to use for quite a while now.
For freezing work I'll use the 120v adapter but I'm betting at 80 watts and rarely opening it while keeping it at around 40-55 for cold storage might just work and be cost effective with the solar paying for itself in about a year or two.

Now I may go ahead and get an upright deep freeze for food stuff too. Costco has one for only $200 and these things are usually in the $500-$700 range.
It's like with this heat all I can think about is freezing stuff 🙃

Last edited:
Score! Couldn't let this one slip past me.
Costco online: $400
Amazon $650
Other online sellers $750+

Costco in warehouse: $300!!!!
It's deals like this a Costco membership pays for itself. 11cubic feet and stacked drawers making it ez to find stuff and not forget about stuff in the bottom

freezer.png

Bonus score: When I was emptying out my old chest freezer and moving stuff over this morning, I found a lb of weed from last year in the bottom I had forgotten all about that was part of my DIY freeze dryer experiments. It was frozen fresh and vac sealed. Live rosin run coming soon!!!

It's almost chonker choppin' time!!
Few ladies in the flock got their last watering today

IMG_7536[1].jpeg

IMG_7535[1].jpeg

IMG_7539[1].jpeg

IMG_7537[1].jpeg

IMG_7540[1].jpeg

twotwo.jpeg

Took a looksy inside the Herb Now dryer. I don't think this is a peltier but more so a diabolical looking PC fan with a heat sink on it that gives it the 5 or so degrees in temp bump

IMG_7530[1].jpeg

IMG_7531[1].jpeg

IMG_7534[1].jpeg

With what little I know, that looks like a Pelletier pump there to me.

Plants look stellar~!:love:

Thanks Buddy!

You think those two copper wires might be heating elements and the heat sink just spreads the heat out? Looks to be part of the motor so I'm thinking if I reversed the power wires to the motor it would just make the fan turn the other way but not have a chilling effect.
I also need to put it on my killawatt. Label on the bottom reads 500 watts. That's just crazy because I thought maybe 75 at the most

wow wow wow!!!!! damn bro!! those buds are full on past wookie spears!!!!

that artwork gets me every time makes it look so 3d!! maybe you need a 3d shark flying in outer space... or did they already do that one? haha you know i never watched that series.. tried the first one.. try is the key word!! hahaha

your whole garden looks spectacular as usual!!!!

man that looks like just an AC motor. no peltier on that at all. wonder why they went with such old school parts? cheaper maybe? maybe those old ac motor are more reliable than most newer dc fans are??

not sure why but pretty sure it's AC so reversing the wires will do nothing, won't even change the direction i don't think.. AC has no polarity(no plus and minus).

on a side note... man look at all the xtra room in there!!! you could pimp that thing out and easily put a peltier on there with full fan speed control!! you'd have to ditch the AC stuff though, wouldn't use any of it and it would have to be all 12Vdc going forward.

you would have to watch the RH on where you put it though. but you could cool that down to the desired 68* no problem i would think. just need to keep the rh up to 61% that gives you the perfect dew point of 54f for drying. (unless your plans were for something other than drying..)

i got freakin jury duty tomorrow and couldn't get out of it. :rolleyes: i've dodged it twice now and i guess my time is due.

wow wow wow!!!!! damn bro!! those buds are full on past wookie spears!!!!

that artwork gets me every time makes it look so 3d!! maybe you need a 3d shark flying in outer space... or did they already do that one? haha you know i never watched that series.. tried the first one.. try is the key word!! hahaha

your whole garden looks spectacular as usual!!!!

man that looks like just an AC motor. no peltier on that at all. wonder why they went with such old school parts? cheaper maybe? maybe those old ac motor are more reliable than most newer dc fans are??

not sure why but pretty sure it's AC so reversing the wires will do nothing, won't even change the direction i don't think.. AC has no polarity(no plus and minus).

on a side note... man look at all the xtra room in there!!! you could pimp that thing out and easily put a peltier on there with full fan speed control!! you'd have to ditch the AC stuff though, wouldn't use any of it and it would have to be all 12Vdc going forward.

you would have to watch the RH on where you put it though. but you could cool that down to the desired 68* no problem i would think. just need to keep the rh up to 61% that gives you the perfect dew point of 54f for drying. (unless your plans were for something other than drying..)

i got freakin jury duty tomorrow and couldn't get out of it. :rolleyes: i've dodged it twice now and i guess my time is due.

Thanks Buddy!
Starting to transition from wookie spears into full on Louisville Sluggers!!!!

IMG_7542[1].jpeg

I love big buds and I cannot lie!

So yeah...Helluvan idea on the shark especially since I've been marathon watching Jaws and Sharknados movies this week.
Ordered!!!

51uin5pmoNL._AC_SL1007_.jpg

That fan reminded me of the motors I used to see in old squirrel cage fans. I was expecting to see something like what's on the 3D printers or maybe even what's inside coaxial fans.
I kinda figure there was no real heat output from anything other than the fan motor. Some of those types of fans run kinda hot so that's where I was thinking.

When I saw the 500 watt sticker on the bottom I was ready to gut it and replace everything but the Killawatt is saying it's only pulling 26 watts and less than a 1/2amp so I can live with that.
You're right there's a ton of space and with the 3D printer I could pretty much make adapters to fit any setup I wanted in there.
Another cooling idea I'm kicking around is maybe using a wort chiller.
The dryer fan pulls air from underneath where there's a lot of little vents. That air space underneath is what I'm looking at in that if it's cold or warm that's what temp the air pulled inside will be at + 5 degrees due to heat output of the fan. So if I can find a wort small enough then print out a housing for it the dryer could sit on top of that housing and pull cold air off it and into the dryer.
Kinda create a little micro-environment under the dryer so even if the room is at 90, underneath the dryer is in the 60s or 70s

BTW I forgot to respond to this...I got picked back in April and I found a way to get out of it. It may not work for you if your courts and county do it different though.
So upon getting the notice we do everything online. They gave me dates between early April and August then say to check each day that you would be unavailable.
I checked I could not go in any day except for the week after I got the notice so if they wanted me, I would do it right away and not dread the whole fucking Summer waiting to get picked.
I did get picked and was set to serve in civil court the following week. The thing about civil courts as opposed to criminal, is more often than not right before trial, they'll settle. I banked on that and sure enough the day before trial the parties settled and I was released. Never had to show up or call and it freed up my whole Summer!

Your grow room really plays with my brain.
I start drooling over your bud, then I get all Star Wars and start thinking I’m falling.

BTW, I became a sith in 2006, my Star Wars name is Darth Ritis. ;)

Haha nothing like a good Star Wars dad joke!🤣
Glad you like the bud porn!!

That wall plays with my head too man. It's 3D plus it sorta tilts the space station down and to the right. Having the room being square and level with that in there just gives it a weird fun house like confusion and fucks with the brain trying to figure it out.🙃

BTW I forgot to respond to this...I got picked back in April and I found a way to get out of it. It may not work for you if your courts and county do it different though.
So upon getting the notice we do everything online. They gave me dates between early April and August then say to check each day that you would be unavailable.
I checked I could not go in any day except for the week after I got the notice so if they wanted me, I would do it right away and not dread the whole fucking Summer waiting to get picked.
I did get picked and was set to serve in civil court the following week. The thing about civil courts as opposed to criminal, is more often than not right before trial, they'll settle. I banked on that and sure enough the day before trial the parties settled and I was released. Never had to show up or call and it freed up my whole Summer!

Haha nothing like a good Star Wars dad joke!🤣
Glad you like the bud porn!!

That wall plays with my head too man. It's 3D plus it sorta tilts the space station down and to the right. Having the room being square and level with that in there just gives it a weird fun house like confusion and fucks with the brain trying to figure it out.🙃

i'm at it now, still just waiting around, might not even have to stay. A/C is nice and cold though! i drank that bottle of loud you sent me!

With what little I know, that looks like a Pelletier pump there to me.

Plants look stellar~!:love:
So I was only half wrong and I stated my 😁lack of genuine knowledge on that topic~!
Not first time in my life.:rolleyes:
So then is that fan just a fan?
Seems like a lot circuitry for just a fan?

So I was only half wrong and I stated my 😁lack of genuine knowledge on that topic~!

Yep it's like a weird deal of 1990s tech meets 2020 tech. All the other stuff like the motherboard is for the on/off switch and digital 96 hour timer. I'd be fine with just plugging it in to turn it on but they fancied it up. Glad I didn't spend the xtra $30 on it to have a USB charge port😋

well lets take a few minutes to learn something from it....

this photo here shows us that the heavy black wires all have AC written on the board.. ACN ACL MOTOR MOTOR all written next to the plugs.. it also shows us that the black wires get connected to white wires on the left.. and also in the lower left there is a sneaky 6V marking..

bandit pic.jpg

from the next photo we can see the black and white wires again connected then just those two going to the motor.. and we can also see there is some kind of digital board going to the front. maybe an LED or display or knob or something that used 6v digital ..

maxthon_pic (1).jpg

so everything on that circuit board is basically to make 110AC turn to 6vdc so the front board can be used. none of that stuff is for the actual motor. now on the top of the motor in that pic^ you can see the heavy wound transformer that is often found on AC items where i circled it in blue, this is what changes the voltage for AC.

maxthon_pic (2).jpg

then in the motor photo we see the heavy steel frame which acts as a magnet when combined with the chunky transformer wires. normally we would see a round motor and the magnets are flat and curved inside the motor housing. this particular style uses electromagnetic field to make the motor spin versus an actual magnet.

and thats basically it, three well shot photos told the whole story. not all boards are that detailed in the voltages but that one gave it away... hell they even have where the mounting screws go so assemblers would know where to put them!! haha

finally home from court!!!! it was all fine till they took our phones away!!! well they didn't take them away they put them in a locked pouch so you can't use them.. turns out they open with a magnet... wish i would have know that, i would have snuck one in with me!!! haha

all good though, i'm home and don't have to go back tomorrow!!

well lets take a few minutes to learn something from it....

this photo here shows us that the heavy black wires all have AC written on the board.. ACN ACL MOTOR MOTOR all written next to the plugs.. it also shows us that the black wires get connected to white wires on the left.. and also in the lower left there is a sneaky 6V marking..

View attachment 65204

from the next photo we can see the black and white wires again connected then just those two going to the motor.. and we can also see there is some kind of digital board going to the front. maybe an LED or display or knob or something that used 6v digital ..

View attachment 65205

so everything on that circuit board is basically to make 110AC turn to 6vdc so the front board can be used. none of that stuff is for the actual motor. now on the top of the motor in that pic^ you can see the heavy wound transformer that is often found on AC items where i circled it in blue, this is what changes the voltage for AC.

View attachment 65206

then in the motor photo we see the heavy steel frame which acts as a magnet when combined with the chunky transformer wires. normally we would see a round motor and the magnets are flat and curved inside the motor housing. this particular style uses electromagnetic field to make the motor spin versus an actual magnet.

and thats basically it, three well shot photos told the whole story. not all boards are that detailed in the voltages but that one gave it away... hell they even have where the mounting screws go so assemblers would know where to put them!! haha

finally home from court!!!! it was all fine till they took our phones away!!! well they didn't take them away they put them in a locked pouch so you can't use them.. turns out they open with a magnet... wish i would have know that, i would have snuck one in with me!!! haha

all good though, i'm home and don't have to go back tomorrow!!

Excellent write up and description of everything man!
Yeah you're right that little 6v digital board is an LED display and it has an on/off button and a down and up button to set anywhere from 0-96 hours.

Well Buddy while you were at court I had myself a day!
Got the wife to play hookie from her work so we took a drive out to the country.....

Saw this along the way....

IMG_0667.JPG

Stopped in a small one horse town where there's a real deal old school general store. And it just so happens this little joint is serving up one of the best burgers in all of Texas

IMG_0668.JPG

Found another road side metal art dealer and came home with a giant 4' tall metal cowboy boot

IMG_7550[1].jpeg

And best of all....A new rocks glass with a slug embedded in it!!!

IMG_7552[1].jpeg

Only in Texas Y'all!!!! 🤘

Last night, while watching the annual Sharknado Summer Marathon I was reminded of a scene I'd long forgotten about.
And now that I've seen it again I realize it may be the most Oscar worthy, most meaningful, brilliant and life changing scene in cinematic history.
So good in fact I feel it deserves a spot in the Library of Congress.

From Sharknado 3 "Oh Hell No!" I present to Y'all, NASCAR X Daytona X Sharknado. Enjoy!😎

You good to go after the hurricane? Folks down there really took it on the chin.
I hope USPS is up and running on the Coastal Bend. I held off a few days because of the hurricane but check your PO Box on Saturday.
There's an ice pack in there to keep some of it cold and hopefully doesn't melt into a blob:)

Back
Top Bottom