All Things Gaming

I had every console from Attari Space invaders and tanks through to the Xbox one. I still have the Xbox one set up. I was a pretty hard core COD player for a few years while disabled, all day everyday when I had a good connection. Ghost was my best game although there were a few others that I played a lot. Sniper games, Assassin's Creeds, Styx,

Mostly COD solo games me against the world, I made too much noise playing to communicate with others. The best head set I could get and an Elite controller with lower paddles I was pretty quick to the draw for a time.....I lost it all now, there seems to be a time delay between hand and brain...lol

Reactions: MDK
I was thinking about trying to play thru resident evil 1 for the first time. I got a shitload of digital games i bought and never got to, literally just bought the entire resident evil collection minus re8 and the new remake of 4...I'll get those when I get thru 0-7...so far only beat zero

is that a mechanical keyboard? if so, what are the specs?

the guys at the office spoiled me with one for a few days. the apple magic keyboard key feel just isn't the same in comparison...
Let me add that the MX3 wireless mouse is one of the best mice I've used. I've dropped this thing countless times and nothing. It's pretty sturdy and has a nice solid feel in your hand. Highly recommended.

Been playing some pubg over the weekend. I think of it as a relaxing shooter haha, hide in a bush and smoke a bowl. Anyone ever play it? It's free to play now so no price to download it. It's on almost everything, xbox one, xbox series, ps4, ps5, pc...

Anyway I'm running it on xbox series x at moment...I think I can only play with console players meaning xbox and playstation cross play....if anyone would ever like to link up and clown give me a shout....I'm old but not terrible lol

It's like fortnite but less cartoonish, old school jank

Been playing some pubg over the weekend. I think of it as a relaxing shooter haha, hide in a bush and smoke a bowl. Anyone ever play it? It's free to play now so no price to download it. It's on almost everything, xbox one, xbox series, ps4, ps5, pc...

Anyway I'm running it on xbox series x at moment...I think I can only play with console players meaning xbox and playstation cross play....if anyone would ever like to link up and clown give me a shout....I'm old but not terrible lol

It's like fortnite but less cartoonish, old school jank
I think it's cross platform

Oh are we posting gaming rig setups?

The 44.1 khz display is from my Topping external DAC, this is playing standard quality music ATM, the DAC can go to insane sampling rates of PCM(up to 32-Bit/768kHz) and native DSD512 audio signals. When playing music I can play it exclusively through the DAC bypassing windows mixing drivers that often degrade quality by changing sampling size, frequency, to whatever your windows setting is. Music sounds amazing when playing hifi audio through Tidal. Old School NAD 2 channel amp, KEF old school speakers.

Steel series apex 7 mechanical keyboard, I love it. Individual key LED programming, awesome feel to the keys. There are LEDs under desk I installed too, that's nice if I want to turn lights off and just have some under desk light. Love the 1440 32" monitor

Only had it in Rave mode for video lol and before gaming chair came in the mail. 3 year old setup now. But still plays the newest Zelda in YUZU.
View attachment PXL_20201224_035029418.mp4

The 44.1 khz display is from my Topping external DAC, this is playing standard quality music ATM, the DAC can go to insane sampling rates of PCM(up to 32-Bit/768kHz) and native DSD512 audio signals. When playing music I can play it exclusively through the DAC bypassing windows mixing drivers that often degrade quality by changing sampling size, frequency, to whatever your windows setting is. Music sounds amazing when playing hifi audio through Tidal. Old School NAD 2 channel amp, KEF old school speakers.

Steel series apex 7 mechanical keyboard, I love it. Individual key LED programming, awesome feel to the keys. There are LEDs under desk I installed too, that's nice if I want to turn lights off and just have some under desk light. Love the 1440 32" monitor

Only had it in Rave mode for video lol and before gaming chair came in the mail. 3 year old setup now. But still plays the newest Zelda in YUZU.
View attachment 14383
hell yeah, nice clean setup. i just scored a couple 27" IPS monitors during prime day. crazy the amount of real estate they provide. now i'm on the hunt for a KVM and wired mechanical keyboard so that I can use the same control gear for both my work computer and my personal computer.

personal rig is still offline because i need to run cat6 through like 50 fucking joists. also need to install another telephone line into the utility closet so i can relocate the modem into that room and get the server rack mounted.

I think it's cross platform
Hell yea it is.. I been getting on it pretty consistently for a chill round or two in the evenings for the last few weeks. Game is addictive to me

Hell yea it is.. I been getting on it pretty consistently for a chill round or two in the evenings for the last few weeks. Game is addictive to me
Yeah I'm stuck on league of legends....shit is addicting to me lol

View attachment 14383
Sweeet

I've yet to set up botw 2 emulated

Sweeet

I've yet to set up botw 2 emulated
Botw runs sweet af on cemu, the wiiU emulator, crazy to think that botw released on wiiU and switch. Now TOTK of course is only for Switch. I'm really surprised how well Yuzu runs it. My video card is behind a few generations but still runs it well enough. Most of the emulation is more CPU heavy than GPU.

FYI please please don't download any roms without being behind a VPN. IT'S JUST TOO RISKY. I probably pushed Xfinity... I got a few DMCA emails before... Get one too many and they will come knocking. It's really not worth the risk with Nintendo, they will bring anyone to court.

Botw runs sweet af on cemu, the wiiU emulator, crazy to think that botw released on wiiU and switch. Now TOTK of course is only for Switch. I'm really surprised how well Yuzu runs it. My video card is behind a few generations but still runs it well enough. Most of the emulation is more CPU heavy than GPU.

FYI please please don't download any roms without being behind a VPN. IT'S JUST TOO RISKY. I probably pushed Xfinity... I got a few DMCA emails before... Get one too many and they will come knocking. It's really not worth the risk with Nintendo, they will bring anyone to court.
yea i ran BOTW on CEMU, played through it once and enjoyed it, yet to try TOTK on yuzu or so

yea i ran BOTW on CEMU, played through it once and enjoyed it, yet to try TOTK on yuzu or so
Man I loved BOTW... Would just go out and watch the grass sway, get high, go skiing, and then forget where I was going lol

Man I loved BOTW... Would just go out and watch the grass sway, get high, go skiing, and then forget where I was going lol
I used to do that with final fantasy 10 when it dropped on ps2 back in the day. At the time the graphics and cgi were top notch...I liked that game because it was turn based so I could be in a boss fight and literally stop roll a blunt and smoke it before I made my next move lol.

The new hack n slash final fantasy games ain't my type

I used to do that with final fantasy 10 when it dropped on ps2 back in the day. At the time the graphics and cgi were top notch...I liked that game because it was turn based so I could be in a boss fight and literally stop roll a blunt and smoke it before I made my next move lol.

The new hack n slash final fantasy games ain't my type
I have a very similar memory with ff vii. I remember when those Summonings just blew my mind in graphics lol. I guess I'm an old fart. My all time favorite final fantasy is ffvi. Which was released as ff3 on SNES in USA. That story just captivates me, and it's turn based at its very, very best, trust me. I play it through about once every two years since I was a kid.

I prefer to play the original SNES ROM for FF3/FF6, as they have made a bunch of terrible re-releases.

When I was playing FF7 I remember listening to that Korn album with follow the leader on it like everytime I played it, it got me pumped lol

The original ff7 definitely in my top 10 all time if not top 5.

I missed snes I was a sega kid and never got into rpgs til I was older, they reminded me of point and click games for pc....so I basically have to go back and play all the good rpgs years late. The list is long and I just haven't had the time. Also had the n64 and not the ps1...really missed the hey day of rpgs.

Found a tote downstairs the other day 99% of my shit is at my mom's for my boys to play with/spot for me and my bro to throw it back when he's home on holidays.

Some goodies in here...few pricey ones in here the mario world + Mario allstars....tmnt turtles in time...game genie even lol, ultimate mk3 with the sega box not hardcase...those things usually got smashed like Nintendo boxes

20230722_215121.jpg20230722_215029.jpg

Found a tote downstairs the other day 99% of my shit is at my mom's for my boys to play with/spot for me and my bro to throw it back when he's home on holidays.

Some goodies in here...few pricey ones in here the mario world + Mario allstars....tmnt turtles in time...game genie even lol, ultimate mk3 with the sega box not hardcase...those things usually got smashed like Nintendo boxes

View attachment 14575View attachment 14576
sick

View attachment 14575View attachment 14576
Play Zelda on SNES it's bad ass lol. Used to live playing 2 player TMNT turtles in time. I'm beast on that game, can be it on hardest difficulty without any continues.

That ffvii is worth a little bit of money but I would just keep it. I remember thinking, 3 discs!??!, This game must be huge šŸ˜‚ now even indie games take GBs of install data..

I liked how developers had to be creative back then to maximize the system and cartridge limitations.

I can't stand that ff8 lol.. weird game

I can't stand that ff8 lol.. weird game
Yeah my ff ranking is
Ff 3(ff6 in Japan, SNES)
FF7
FF10

I love the RPGs from the squaresoft reign of the 90s. secret of mana and Chrono trigger are two of my favs

Gonna build a PC for 4k Starfield coming right up here. Doing my research now, been a while since I built one.
Where are you sourcing parts?

Going to build me one at the end of the year

Yeah my ff ranking is
Ff 3(ff6 in Japan, SNES)
FF7
FF10

I love the RPGs from the squaresoft reign of the 90s. secret of mana and Chrono trigger are two of my favs

Where are you sourcing parts?

Going to build me one at the end of the year
Not sure yet, I need to see what I'm gonna need to run this on my oled @ 4k. Looking like amd might be the way to go for this one since they've partnered w bethesda and are including starfield w purchases.

Not sure yet, I need to see what I'm gonna need to run this on my oled @ 4k. Looking like amd might be the way to go for this one since they've partnered w bethesda and are including starfield w purchases.
I did AMD once back in their heyday in 2001 or so. Could it get over clocked and stable at 4.2ghz. oh that was when I had my first DVD writer... Had it built in front of me for free at a computer show and sale. I sourced every component from various vendors and had the PC case vendor put it all in for free within the hour. That was a cool thing, the computer expos.

Back then it was the software that wasn't super AMD compatible... So many games would have an AMD patch to get around exclusive INTEL instructions, I would have to install the patch and d DDRto get games not to crash. Never again for me ...

I did AMD once back in their heyday in 2001 or so. Could it get over clocked and stable at 4.2ghz. oh that was when I had my first DVD writer... Had it built in front of me for free at a computer show and sale. I sourced every component from various vendors and had the PC case vendor put it all in for free within the hour. That was a cool thing, the computer expos.

Back then it was the software that wasn't super AMD compatible... So many games would have an AMD patch to get around exclusive INTEL instructions, I would have to install the patch and d DDRto get games not to crash. Never again for me ...
I laugh at the fact that "back in their heyday" was 2001. I got my degree in Comp Sci in '84! We didn't even have graphic cards back then. We didn't have hard drives either. Everything was floppy disk only. I remember when the mini floppies came out. Everyone was ooohin and aaahing that this little disc could pack so much info!!! No color anything either. It was green screen dumb terminals and dot matrix printers!!!šŸ¤£

My first "super fast" computer was a 66mhz/486 DX2 box. IIRC,it cost $2,800!!šŸ¤£

I laugh at the fact that "back in their heyday" was 2001. I got my degree in Comp Sci in '84! We didn't even have graphic cards back then. We didn't have hard drives either. Everything was floppy disk only. I remember when the mini floppies came out. Everyone was ooohin and aaahing that this little disc could pack so much info!!! No color anything either. It was green screen dumb terminals and dot matrix printers!!!šŸ¤£

My first "super fast" computer was a 66mhz/486 DX2 box. IIRC,it cost $2,800!!šŸ¤£
our first family computer was a 286, coolest game we had was Terminator 1. It was really almost like an early Grand theft auto 3, because it had 3d kind of rendering, you could steal and drive cars, jump out of them, go into stores, buy stuff or rob them, and you could be the terminator(arnold) or Reese who hunts Arnold. And then we got a 486dx2 when i was in high school that I did some high school computer science stuff on(turbo pascal).. oh I remember how you had to pull out all the stops if you wanted Doom to run on 4mb of ram back then... lol but we didn't get it when it was new, by the time we had a 486, pentiums and pentium 2 were the hot shit. oh those were the days....... I used to love calling up to the local bbs via a direct dial up call to them, no internet. We had a bbs run by our local military academy that was pretty cool for late 90s, it had a 16 dial up nodes and 16 telnet nodes(i think?), a chat room, some file sharing (we had to label stuff as "demo" all the time so they wouldn't moderate it, or rename it as something else... lol) oh the memories...

Do you still have that PC? Some of those old PC games just run best on the actual hardware than a DOS box or some other dos emulator.

Hey i know you're not that old, but my uncle gave me some of his punch cards he used to program with back when he was doing computer stuff for the government. You guys ever seen one of these? you would have a stack of these to feed in to the reader to run a program

1691290206163.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom