All Things Gaming

I have PS5, kids have PS4s but havent played much lately. Mostly a winter thing when we're stuck indoors. I play w my daughters when they're away at college and it's a fun way to keep in touch.

I used to be a pretty heavy gamer. My son is getting into it now so I get to buy stuff "for him". We have a PS5, Xbox Series S, an OLED Nintendo Switch & a really old gaming PC that will still barely play some newer games.

Ps5 xbox series x, older gaming pc...haven't played much since my son was born but I'll probably pick it up more once I get a better tv in my room and swap my rooms ps4 and xbox one to the living room where curious George is on 24/7. Told my wife it kinda sucks just bought all this stuff and have barely used it lol.

Xbox One gamer here, semi retired, just not enough time and since the pandemic my game room is now my wife's WFH office but when NCAA football comes back next year something tells me I'll find the time to play.
The Far Cry series and Borderlands 3 has been my jam for the most part

PC
and have a ps5 dont play on it much though

League of legends

world of warcraft and cod back in the 360 days

use to play runescape lol

once we're moved i'll snag pics of my personal rig. not necessarily for gaming (i don't game) but all the same components. Specs are:

ASUS ROG STRIX b550 mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 @ 3.9Ghz
AMD PowerColor Red Devil RX 7900 XT
128GB DDR5 RAM
4tb NVME
4TB SSD
16TB HDD (2x 8GB)
Arctic Freezer II CPU cooler
Corsair 4000D chassis
Debian Linux

Beast of a machine I built for video editing. Gamers will appreciate the build though (despite the mobo being kinda meh).

Binary Sniper....5 second trades.....

Long trades for me would be crypto swings. The last ETH run up I was able to make some lunch money. I think that was around 2 weeks of buy and hold then out at markup.

My trade rig setup:

Aorus B660M Pro AX Mobo
Intel I7/12700k w/Noctua NH-D155 Chromax Black CPU cooler
Quadro K1200 w/ 4gbr GPU
64GB DDR4
WD Black SN850 1 TB
Silverstone PS-ST55F-PT Power supply
Logitech G815 Keyboard and MX Master 3 wireless mouse
Phantek Evolv M ATX case
Win11

Just got a little laptop.

1g HDD
16gig ram
I5 8300h 4core
1050ti
Razer black widow mechanical keyboard
Mad catz cyborg rat mouse

Old gaming desktop got fucked, never prioritized building a rig

Wanted to put together a Ryzen system

Attachments

• 1685063819398188817266647198085.jpg
    1685063819398188817266647198085.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 16850638389925275632610220934021.jpg
    16850638389925275632610220934021.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I tried that pot farmer game on Facebook that was just like Farmville but with weed, for about 2 weeks. 😂

Used to play mob wars too with my school buddies....just text based pc game based around rng that would see you build up money rob people and defend your stash....that game was actually pretty dope

I'm playing the new Zelda every freaking day it seems, and before that I hadn't been playing any games for months. I do also have a pocket retro device I play ff6 or ff3 USA, from SNES on.

I wanted to play these co-op games with my wife but she wouldn't have it. Like this one, it takes two, requires two players to play.

So I come back to the grow room and say I'm doing homework but really getting high playing games 😂

Fyi I do do some homework occasionally as i only have two classes left after my current one to get my BA

I tried that pot farmer game on Facebook that was just like Farmville but with weed, for about 2 weeks. 😂

Used to play mob wars too with my school buddies....just text based pc game based around rng that would see you build up money rob people and defend your stash....that game was actually pretty dope

Literally played a drug game on calculators that the school made us buy hahahahaha. Kids these days have it too easy.

I'm 37 with no wife or kids. Games? What are those 🤓

PS5, Switch, gaming PC. Current games on rotation...Zelda TOTK, Diablo 4, Fallout 76.

@tobh I think you need more RAM
How's that fallout 76? I'll be honest I was a new vegas type....didn't like fallout 4 when it first dropped. Replayed it on series x with 4k 60fps and mods and found it way more enjoyable. I thought damn, I wish my friends could join and see my outpost I built and shit, so I was wondering if 76 may be like fallout4 but with friends?

Idk the state it released in, I played for a bit then just lost interest...there were no npcs (atleast at the time) so it was a lot of reading and not much as far as character interactions

I'd love to play it tho if it's better now

Literally played a drug game on calculators that the school made us buy hahahahaha. Kids these days have it too easy.
Love it man!

I was one of those nerds writing games for my ti-83 and copying them to classmates. I remember a cool gradius game I made on there where you were the letter 'E' shooting '=' signs out at incoming asteroids which were '*'. I was learning programming in a separate class and I had lots of time then lol.

What was ironic was that I also made several programs to do complex algebraic functions for you, only needing input numbers, the teacher found out that other students were using it to pass tests when they didn't know how to do it manually. Made a rule that I was the only one allowed to use a graphing calculator during certain tests. He said if he knows how to program it, he definitely understand the math while the rest of you are getting a free pass.

Still have my og Ti... Memories

I'm playing the new Zelda every freaking day it seems, and before that I hadn't been playing any games for months. I do also have a pocket retro device I play ff6 or ff3 USA, from SNES on.

I wanted to play these co-op games with my wife but she wouldn't have it. Like this one, it takes two, requires two players to play.

So I come back to the grow room and say I'm doing homework but really getting high playing games 😂

Fyi I do do some homework occasionally as i only have two classes left after my current one to get my BA
lol i remember playing Link- legend of zelda. then i played all of the final fantasy series. a really cool game i used to play was Killer Instinct

Last edited:
How's that fallout 76? I'll be honest I was a new vegas type....didn't like fallout 4 when it first dropped. Replayed it on series x with 4k 60fps and mods and found it way more enjoyable. I thought damn, I wish my friends could join and see my outpost I built and shit, so I was wondering if 76 may be like fallout4 but with friends?

Idk the state it released in, I played for a bit then just lost interest...there were no npcs (atleast at the time) so it was a lot of reading and not much as far as character interactions

I'd love to play it tho if it's better now

I was really skeptical. Didn't want to touch it for years and then my bro and his work buddies convinced me to download it on GamePass. It's pretty much what you said, fallout 4 but with co-op added on top. The questing and stuff is a little awkward but seems to work well enough for what it is.

I play PS4, but mostly only in winter, no time in the summer really... hoping to upgrade to a PS5 come next winter. I like mostly RPG's... The Witcher 3 is what I throw in if I need to zone lately even though I've beaten it and maxed everything and built almost all the witcher gear I can at this point... I'm on my second playthrough, you can take a potion and reset all your points and rebuild your character, switch from melee based powers to potions or magic etc., so I've done that a few times, since I have more gold than I can spend the $1000 potion is whateves. Still quite a few side quests and treasure hunts, it's a massive map.
Also liked the Dragon Age series, Skyrim, The uncharted series... but anything with too much shooting brings out my rage.
I also have a Sims 4 game that I've had running for several years, I mostly like to build stuff. I made my Sim family multimillionaires over the years without cheating, so I can build whatever I want. Sims is a good zone out and forget real life game too... it takes a really long time to build cool shit from scratch.

You have good taste @TSD

Witcher is dope, I'm more of an oblivion over skyrim type but I'd probably like skyrim if I finished it. So the shooting rage keep you away from fallout games? They're pretty dope too

You have good taste @TSD

Witcher is dope, I'm more of an oblivion over skyrim type but I'd probably like skyrim if I finished it. So the shooting rage keep you away from fallout games? They're pretty dope too
Yeah I get illogically angry when I keep dying in shooter games. 🤣 Skyrim didn't hold my attention like the Witcher for some reason... I think I solved the main quest line too fast then didn't feel like going back to do side quests.... but I like doing them in the Witcher, just a better plot maybe.🤷‍♀️ I even got good at the in game card game in the Witcher, I got almost all the special cards and my decks are almost unbeatable unless I get a real shit hand or play some master with a badass deck... I've gotten a decent amount of my gold from betting on Gwent lol. First I played the Witcher 3, then 2, then watched the Netflix series, then I read all the books too cause I'm a nerd... there's like 7 of them... and the ending was one of those damn open for interpretation ones that leaves you mad after thousands of pages.
I've beaten many of the Assassin's Creeds too... but they got boring after a while, they're all pretty similar.

The Witcher 3 was my first Witcher game. I beat it, then got all the dlc but never played that stuff. I need to do a new playthrough on ps5 if the next gen update is free.

I own Witcher 2....but I got my ass stuck in a spot and eventually just quit playing it. I thought the opening for 2 was wicked cool with the pirate ship and all...

Definitely dope series

guess i should add, i need to pick up a set of monitors now, though. previously i was using a 32" tv as a monitor, but that was wall mounted and i don't have the feet for it anymore. the location of my desk now does not accommodate having anything wall mounted. so, thinking two 27" monitors on a desk mounted arm will provide enough real estate to run my IDE, terminals, browsers, etc all without having to tab through windows or workspaces.

Back
Top Bottom