Auto Issues

Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
My buddies growing an auto plant. He's having issues. Miracle Gro soil in a 3 gallon pot with an SF1000 for light. 76°/55%

Terrapin leaf issues.jpgTerrapin leaf issues A.jpg

Thanks those are good points man. 👊

I had a high level of confidence going into the growing part, but I don't have a high level of confidence going into the drying and curing part. This is actually the apprehension I have that makes me anxious to get to the first big toke part. 🙂

Yes, this Lush is Great! She is requiring watering every 3 days now. I feed her a cocktail based on your recipe everytime I water her now at 1/4 strength. Here's what's in the cocktail shown in a full strength recipe:

View attachment 49561
You may want to up the feed strength a little. Maybe go 1/3 and ease her into half doses. I want to make sure the flowers have plenty of fuel to fatten up.

It's your call as you get to see the plant everyday so if you think 1/4 strength is doing the job stay with it!

You may want to up the feed strength a little. Maybe go 1/3 and ease her into half doses. I want to make sure the flowers have plenty of fuel to fatten up.

It's your call as you get to see the plant everyday so if you think 1/4 strength is doing the job stay with it!

This is great thanks!! I think it will be 1/4 strength on tomorrow's watering and then maybe up to 1/3 on Monday. 👍👍🙏

Take Mosh up on his offer. The last run I journaled were his genetics.
That's very cool!

I got some new photo seeds to plant outside after I start them inside. They are:

OG Kush
White Widow
Tennessee Kush

I'm going to put some of each in the ground and in 10 gallon grow bags and see how that goes.

It will be the end of the summer before I'm ready for photos inside. I'm going to need a bigger closet or a tent for this.

Here's my second plant (Bertha) today at 8 weeks. Compared to the first one, there is no comparison in terms of size and the amount of buds. I feel like there will be a significant increase in yield over the first plant and primarily from switching to a cannabis specific soil (Lush). 👍☮️

IMG_20240323_153531994_HDR.jpg

Today is day 6 of drying.

I've been able to keep it close to 60/60.
The branches are still very bendy, no snap. As far as I can tell the buds look great (tasty actually) 🙂. The buds are soft and not dry or crispy on the outside.

I have my jars and meters all ready to go. I'm sittin on ready. Lol

@Rootsruler

Last edited:
If you are going to cut the buds off the large stem you can jar them now.
Just install the RH meter and check daily.
50% too low.
65% too high.
Anywhere in-between wait and see.
You want 62%.

If you are going to cut the buds off the large stem you can jar them now.
Just install the RH meter and check daily.
50% too low.
65% too high.
Anywhere in-between wait and see.
You want 62%.

Thanks for the info and the min/max levels. I checked them today and half of the stems were stiff and not bendy and had a kind of internal snap so I put them in jars just now.

But the humidity was at 70% so I put them on a drying net and back into the drying closet.

It was pretty nice having the buds in jars while it lasted. Lol

IMG_20240324_092425435.jpg
IMG_20240324_093248650.jpg
IMG_20240324_134733732.jpg

When I trimmed the sugar leaves off the buds last week, I put them on a baking sheet at 240 degrees for 40 minutes to experiment with these. I've started smoking these am totally loving this experience!!! ☮️🕉️

Does anyone else smoke their sugar leaves?

I leave some of the tighter more resin covered sugar leaves on my buds when I dry.
It's all for me so I don't mind and sometimes they add to the flavor with all the resin.

IMO, sugar leaves are just as smokable as flower. I also don't trim to Dispensary spec which, again IMO, is too much trimming. The flower doesn't need to be at bag appeal level. I know what I grew. That's appealing enough.

I guess if you're going to be using the trim to extract its fine because its all going to good use but if not I just trim most of the water leaves and some of the outer leaves but most that have trichs I don't trim off. Some will eventually just crisp off so less trimming for me!!

IMO, sugar leaves are just as smokable as flower. I also don't trim to Dispensary spec which, again IMO, is too much trimming. The flower doesn't need to be at bag appeal level. I know what I grew. That's appealing enough.

I guess if you're going to be using the trim to extract its fine because its all going to good use but if not I just trim most of the water leaves and some of the outer leaves but most that have trichs I don't trim off. Some will eventually just crisp off so less trimming for me!!

I love your direct style of communication, this is exactly how I feel about these sugar leaves! They are great! I'm enjoying them as much as any dispensary weed I've had since I started a year ago.

When I first put the buds in the jar they seemed so fluffy compared to dispensary weed. But, they seem to be tightening up through the curing process to look a little more like dispensary weed. I can't thank you enough for your help with my first plant. Who's the man? Rootsruler is the man. Totally appreciate your coaching through this most excellent magical journey man! 👍☮️🕉️

Last edited:
I love your direct style of communication, this is exactly how I feel about these sugar leaves! They are great! I'm enjoying them as much as any dispensary weed I've had since I started a year ago.

When I first put the buds in the jar they seemed so fluffy compared to dispensary weed. But, they seem to be tightening up through the curing process to look a little more like dispensary weed. I can't thank you enough for your help with my first plant. Who's the man? Rootsruler is the man. Totally appreciate your coaching through this most excellent magical journey man! 👍☮️🕉️
I appreciate the shout out but, like I said before, it was group effort with me sprinkling my bull throughout the thread!!! 😄

In all seriousness, I like your enthusiasm. You have a genuine interest in getting better and already had the foundation, you having gardened before. Weed is such an interesting plant. It grows, well, like a weed so it so satisfying to watch how your inputs effect the plant and how quickly they respond to those inputs. Other plants are also fun but they don't respond quite as quickly as weed does so, with my short ass attention span, weed is the perfect plant for me to grow!!

Honestly, if weed wasn't so villified I would think it would be the perfect starter plant for any budding(no pun intended) 4H club member to learn how plants work.

I appreciate the shout out but, like I said before, it was group effort with me sprinkling my bull throughout the thread!!! 😄

In all seriousness, I like your enthusiasm. You have a genuine interest in getting better and already had the foundation, you having gardened before. Weed is such an interesting plant. It grows, well, like a weed so it so satisfying to watch how your inputs effect the plant and how quickly they respond to those inputs. Other plants are also fun but they don't respond quite as quickly as weed does so, with my short ass attention span, weed is the perfect plant for me to grow!!

Honestly, if weed wasn't so villified I would think it would be the perfect starter plant for any budding(no pun intended) 4H club member to learn how plants work.
In line with what you said above, some of my indoor houseplants are very old, like a dracenea from my grandad's funeral in 1975 and others.

I'm attached to all of my house plants and I got attached to my first weed plant. It was hard for me to imagine cutting her down in the upcoming weeks while I was enjoying watching her grow. It was hard to wrap my head around the fact that she was very temporary.

I guess I'm not totally sure what my point is lol . . . But I agree growing weed is very interesting/fascinating bordering on mesmerizing to me!

When I first started burping my jars about 2 weeks ago the aroma in the jars was unpleasant kind of like wet hay.

As if today the aroma is neutral and faint, neither unpleasant or pleasant.

There is no distinct aroma to describe, maybe a very faint peppery or spicy smell.

Does this sound uncommon to anyone based on your experience??? Thank you!

Do you have RH meters in your jars.
Do you know the RH in the jars.
I never burp unless my RH is over 65%
Smell definitely changes with my stuff in cure.

Back
Top Bottom