Does anyone else grow directly in the ground?

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
I have had some success and some failures but it seems like the plants I put right into the ground get bigger. I am a spiritual person and think that having your medicine grown in the earth makes it more in tune with nature. More natural. And I consume so much of this I want it to be organic and clean.

I just kind of dove into this without a lot of research. Thinking how hard can it be? Lol pride...now looking back at pictures I didn't realize how many bugs I had! Now I know better lol. I am hoping this year will be a good one. All living soil. so far so good except I am killing some thrips and had to get rid of some plants from russet mites that I got from a clone in Colorado. You all know about that lol. Any way does anyone else grow in the earth?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.55.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.55.23 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.58.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.58.47 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 10.00.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 10.00.11 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.58.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.58.25 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.57.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.57.35 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 10
Last 2 out of 3 years I had volunteers by the compost pile. Never fed them anything. I tied them down in a layed dowed cage to keep them stealth.
img_20220913_141218756_hdr-jpg.1281481
1657158639450-png.1259642

I started in the 90's gorilla growing.
We would carry bales of promix to our spots.
I had Sativa's back then that went 11-14 feet.
Indica's like you pictured but all you would see is my hand [ I am short lol].
If not for the pest last year and leaving my plants in an open green house in pots I would be looking forward to it this year.
I think I will skip outdoors this year.
I need a more solid plan on where to put them.

Grew up in Humboldt County helping family grow in the hills around Petrolia & Honeydew. That's why growing & smoking pot is in my blood.
Later in life was doing it outdoors up until 2014 when the city closed in on me now I have neighbors with 2-3 and 5 story balconies over looking my backyard so everything is indoors today.
And being an Army vet who was stationed in the ROK on the DMZ 92-93.....Along with bad haricuts, I also enjoy the humor of sleeve and pants medals😋

funnynkmedals.jpg

Grew up in Humboldt County helping family grow in the hills around Petrolia & Honeydew. That's why growing & smoking pot is in my blood.
Later in life was doing it outdoors up until 2014 when the city closed in on me now I have neighbors with 2-3 and 5 story balconies over looking my backyard so everything is indoors today.
And being an Army vet who was stationed in the ROK on the DMZ 92-93.....Along with bad haricuts, I also enjoy the humor of sleeve and pants medals😋

View attachment 2726
Thanks for your service. I was also station in Korea, got my first article 15 at camp liberty bell.

Mine go out Thursday after the cold nights, It will take a week to plant them all, I have 10 strains this year , Total of 12 plants. Have 3 planted in the greenhouse already.
Same, I have 8 for myself that are all different strains... still haven't prepped those last two holes lol. Next year, please yell at me when I post that I'm starting seeds March first lol.

Same, I have 8 for myself that are all different strains... still haven't prepped those last two holes lol. Next year, please yell at me when I post that I'm starting seeds March first lol.
Totally agree , some of mine are close to 3 ft tall even after being topped twice. They will be glad to be in the ground.

During my first 9 years of growing, 1976-1985, our technique was extremely refined. And when I say "extremely," I mean "not at all."

We'd break up the soil in late April or early May and mix Black Cow manure in. It was about a 6' x 6' garden, and it got two bags.
In July, we'd toss some 10-10-10 on the surface.

We'd harvest in October or November, depending on weather.

We were then praised as being geniuses who really knew how to grow.

Same. Mine have been outside for 10 days now cause i ran out of space for them. To the point they were weak when they came out because they were all leaning on one another and then when they got freedom, they flopped everywhere. Nice and strong now with all the wind weve had.

Same. Mine have been outside for 10 days now cause i ran out of space for them. To the point they were weak when they came out because they were all leaning on one another and then when they got freedom, they flopped everywhere. Nice and strong now with all the wind weve had.
Mine are definitely in need of more light and they are not vibing with something in the soil, assuming it's the mushroom compost that smelled like rotten asshole. Hoping once they go outside the issues will magically disappear lol. I haven't even been able to harden them much because it's either been gale force winds or rain all month.

Mine are definitely in need of more light and they are not vibing with something in the soil, assuming it's the mushroom compost that smelled like rotten asshole. Hoping once they go outside the issues will magically disappear lol. I haven't even been able to harden them much because it's either been gale force winds or rain all month.
Ahh i wish it would rain here again. Hasnt rained in 2.5 weeks, everything is bone dry.
I just put my big GSC in a 30 gallon tote, cause i couldnt geg deep enough in the ground.
i hope she gets massive.

During my first 9 years of growing, 1976-1985, our technique was extremely refined. And when I say "extremely," I mean "not at all."

We'd break up the soil in late April or early May and mix Black Cow manure in. It was about a 6' x 6' garden, and it got two bags.
In July, we'd toss some 10-10-10 on the surface.

We'd harvest in October or November, depending on weather.

We were then praised as being geniuses who really knew how to grow.
Mother nature really does take out a lot of the guess work. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom