All those who said pollen sac, raise your hand.

I grew impatient and plucked it off for dissection. Boooo. I got my work cut out for me now...
View attachment 17541
God dammit bro 😤 😫

Its gonna be a pain but you can pluck them off and continue on.
In my recent experience they should stop popping up around day 21-28.

Dont get discouraged tho, cause my last run were all herms and they were some of the best smoke ive had recently

God dammit bro 😤 😫

Dont get discouraged tho, cause my last run were all herms and they were some of the best smoke ive had recently
Yeah I've smoked my share of seedy buds. Some were great, like you said. These nugs are frosty as hell already so I'm still pumped, but it's gonna be nearly impossible to find them all in time. I have to have close to a hundred budsites...

All those who said pollen sac, raise your hand.

I grew impatient and plucked it off for dissection. Boooo. I got my work cut out for me now...
View attachment 17541
I would try to confirm there are no light leaks into the tent with lights off. If that proves correct I would consider those seeds to have a genetic defect and I would suggest not running them again. Some genetics inherently have genetic defects. I will never run anything with Gelato #33 in the strain. Been almost. burned and flat out burned by that strain.

God dammit bro 😤 😫

Have you eliminated your light leaks with lights off. This is a common problem with tents in a living space.

Yeah I've smoked my share of seedy buds. Some were great, like you said. These nugs are frosty as hell already so I'm still pumped, but it's gonna be nearly impossible to find them all in time. I have to have close to a hundred budsites...
It definitely is a pain because they only take a few days to pop out and open. 95% of the ones i had were only on lower buds, i only had 5 or 7 towards the top.

Yeah no light leaks, its just the breeder.... should've never bought them after the shit Moe went through with the guy.
These seeds came from NASC's $2 menu. Humboldt County's phenohunter line. I assume they're all random phenotypes and they're looking for that special one. It's Jungle Cake crossed with Wedding Tree.
Have you eliminated your light leaks with lights off. This is a common problem with tents in a living space.
I'm pretty sure no leaks. The tent is in a 5x8 room. There are some controls that have put of a bit of light but not much. I taped over all the two light's in the tent. Light's off after I leave for work. I'll try to pop in there just before lights on tomorrow.

Could it be from the insane amount of tucking she went through? I've been so careful with the light leakage and I've read it takes quite a bit of leaking.

These seeds came from NASC's $2 menu. Humboldt County's phenohunter line. I assume they're all random phenotypes and they're looking for that special one. It's Jungle Cake crossed with Wedding Tree.

I'm pretty sure no leaks. The tent is in a 5x8 room. There are some controls that have put of a bit of light but not much. I taped over all the two light's in the tent. Light's off after I leave for work. I'll try to pop in there just before lights on tomorrow.

Could it be from the insane amount of tucking she went through? I've been so careful with the light leakage and I've read it takes quite a bit of leaking.
Naw. Tucking shouldn't stress them enough to herm.

Mine were from Trustfall at like 15 dollars a seed...
All the clones hermed too but not nearly as bad as the plants from seed.
Only one that hasnt hermed so far is the peanut butter breath x cindarella man.

That is why I run almost everything as clones. I know the outcome
Yep. Seeds are great and all but most of my time growing has been through clones. Removes the gender issue and you can get straight to flowering those beauties!!

I like having a mother room as it opens up the chance for doing a perpetual grow where I don't have to worry if there is enough plant material in the tent to satisfy the Smoke Monster(My GF! 🤣 )

The light leak can actually be a lot less than you think to give you problems and spectrum can cause it easier as well.

Sorry but yes. Knew a guy that had an extension cord in the tent with a red led to let you know there was power at the end and that caused it. Red is the worst for causing hermies.
Gotcha. Lights off red. I have tape on the heater and humidifier lights. Only indicator lights in the tent. I'll jump in there just before lights on tomorrow evening to double check.

Gotcha. Lights off red. I have tape on the heater and humidifier lights. Only indicator lights in the tent. I'll jump in there just before lights on tomorrow evening to double check.
I purchased a inkbird humidity controller and this is what they are. I never used mine but woundered if it should be a concern
Screenshot_20230815_020322_Google.jpg

In your big ass room @smoke, maybe not. After spending 2 hours plucking nuts off my plant, I'd avoid ANY friggin lights in the grow space, though.

@Anthem275 mentioned the red spectrum. Maybe he'll pop back in and give you a legitimate answer. I have no knowledge on the topic and fugged my plant up, so don't listen to me 🤣

If you stand in tent with lights off can you see any light penetration coming through?
Second thought you might not have room to get in there and check

I purchased a inkbird humidity controller and this is what they are. I never used mine but woundered if it should be a concern
View attachment 17561
I have the Inkbird temperature control in my room and no issues.
My room is large enough that the controller is not really close to plants.
I have not covered the display with anything.

If you stand in tent with lights off can you see any light penetration coming through?
Second thought you might not have room to get in there and check
Man I'm as positive as I could be without actually sitting in. I'll try to pop in if I get home soon enough tonight.

With lights on in thw tent, there are no leaks out snd I wouldn't think my controllers outside the tent would have any affect. Tent's in it's own room so no other light sources.

Funny enough. It's 60 degrees outside which makes my AC less efficient and renders it unable to keep up. I might have to find a way to bring cool outside air into the lung room.

In your big ass room @smoke, maybe not. After spending 2 hours plucking nuts off my plant, I'd avoid ANY friggin lights in the grow space, though.

@Anthem275 mentioned the red spectrum. Maybe he'll pop back in and give you a legitimate answer. I have no knowledge on the topic and fugged my plant up, so don't listen to me 🤣
I believe this is more genetic than anything man.
Im not sure it was anything you did man.

Man I'm as positive as I could be without actually sitting in. I'll try to pop in if I get home soon enough tonight.

With lights on in thw tent, there are no leaks out snd I wouldn't think my controllers outside the tent would have any affect. Tent's in it's own room so no other light sources.

Funny enough. It's 60 degrees outside which makes my AC less efficient and renders it unable to keep up. I might have to find a way to bring cool outside air into the lung room.
I'm sorry, I didn't know the grow room was isolated. Hm.. and all the controllers are outside the tent..
Lights or stress, but plant doesn't look stressed and if you have no light leaks, it's not you.

I believe this is more genetic than anything man.
Im not sure it was anything you did man.
Yeah that's always a possibility.

I'm sorry, I didn't know the grow room was isolated. Hm.. and all the controllers are outside the tent..
Lights or stress, but plant doesn't look stressed and if you have no light leaks, it's not you.
Sad day, either way. Couple this with not smoking to pass a drug test for a new job and damn... Sober Grump wants to chop the fucker down to start over.

Sad day, either way. Couple this with not smoking to pass a drug test for a new job and damn... Sober Grump wants to chop the fucker down to start over.
No no no no no.
Its your first plant bro, youve done so well with her from the beginning dont toss in the towel now. Just keep checking every day or 2 and keep chuggin.
Youve learned a lot your first grow, some things you prolly didnt wanna learn lol.

No no no no no.
Its your first plant bro, youve done so well with her from the beginning dont toss in the towel now. Just keep checking every day or 2 and keep chuggin.
Youve learned a lot your first grow, some things you prolly didnt wanna learn lol.
Agreed. Lack of smoke really personifies my username.

I'm positive I didn't get them all so seeds will be inevitable. Just a bummer.

Crushed my interview yesterday so part of me feels like life doesn't wanna let me grow a perfect first plant and have the perfect job 🤣

Lol, it’s not so bad. Just a PITA a few days.

You rip it out now and you’ll most likely regret it later.

Grab a coffee and take 10 minutes. You’ll make better choices. I almost chopped Clip but ended up topping her again and using that to make another clone.

I’d rather have a few seeds in my weed than have to wait x number of weeks/months to harvest again. 🤷‍♂️

Dont sweat it dude, my 1st grow hermied a bit on the lower buds and I ended up with some potent bud as well as a nice pile of viable seeds. I was pissed at first but then I was happy. I grew one out and it was fire bud with no seeds. I see it as an absolute win.

Dont sweat it dude, my 1st grow hermied a bit on the lower buds and I ended up with some potent bud as well as a nice pile of viable seeds. I was pissed at first but then I was happy. I grew one out and it was fire bud with no seeds. I see it as an absolute win.
I'm afraid to grow any of these $2 seeds now. Gonna have to get me some @dragonsflamegenetics

Jokes aside, I want to try growing power plant next, especially if I land this power plant job. Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom