Greenpoint reverse auctions

I had a ephiphany that my hobby isn't growing but actually seed collecting. I just get to grow a seed or two from the ever growing collection annually for shits and giggles.

This is not a knock on quality or anything, but it seems a little shady to list Green Point crosses under the names of the breeders whose products were used in the crosses. At first I thought they were actually selling seeds from all those breeders.

This is not a knock on quality or anything, but it seems a little shady to list Green Point crosses under the names of the breeders whose products were used in the crosses. At first I thought they were actually selling seeds from all those breeders.
I think they focus on animal cookies and purple punch crosses.

• Agree
Reactions: MDK
From what I can tell it does seem like they pretty much use everyone else's work. Idk if Gu (operator) made purple punch or animal cookies but I doubt it. Apparently when he started Greenpoint he claimed he had permission from top dawg seeds to use their stardawg male (I'm confused here if they actually got a clone of a stud male used at top dawg or if they just hunted stardawg seed to find a stud). Anyway dude who runs top dawg has alot of pull and had Greenpoint dropped from seed banks he worked with. So apparently Greenpoint just went solo and kept going and using reverse auctions to lure customers back in a sense by offering cheaper prices direct.

Dudes got a helluva marketing scheme.

I look at listing what is involved as a type of pedigree.
Nobody has the original if you think about it. Beyond landraces.
Original what? Something someone else grew crossed with something someone else grew.
Breeding is an art, but you have to start somewhere. Stock.

I saw on another website where they had legendary clones s1 seeds.

Reactions: MDK
Original what? Something someone else grew crossed with something someone else grew.
Agreed. In many cases they credit the original breeders of specific strains they use in their crosses or S1s. I appreciate that.

I may have to get a pack this weekend if possible, everything is gonna be on reverse auction and I just saved some money. Friend is gonna let me borrow his industrial dehumidifier to finish out this grow. So now that I don't have to run out and spend a frickton on a dehuey🤔

I may have to get a pack this weekend if possible, everything is gonna be on reverse auction and I just saved some money. Friend is gonna let me borrow his industrial dehumidifier to finish out this grow. So now that I don't have to run out and spend a frickton on a dehuey🤔
All the good deals run this time of year and i gotta pound dirt cause if i spend anything on grow stuff im out Christmas funds.
Fucken hate the fact they run all the good weed related deals the same time as Christmas.

That's what I do when I breed my own. There's no patent here though many have tried to patent a strain.
Every single strain that has changed the future of cannabis has come with butt hurt drama from the breeders and a "story" to go along with it.
Starting back in the day with Mr. Nice and White Widow. Then OG Kush, GSC, GG#4 and so on. And almost every breeder has had it's day as providing the best ever and the worst ever. Some sink and some stay the course and rise above.
There's some I won't ever touch again but have done well for others and that's great. I still have PTSD from Archive's Strawberry Cough and hermies but love the fact that cut is still around and doing well for others. My experience there while not good does not mean Archive is some sort of villain or scam.
I have no issue with what or how GPS operates. It's a helluva lot better than a strain straight up hijacked and renamed or somebody rebranding old seeds that didn't sell well so they give it one of the new and popular names to move it.
IMO GPS is doing right by growers who want to grow good pot and not break the bank to do it. Sure people who want to sell seeds at $300+ a pack will get their feelings hurt but they opened themselves up by asking that price. If it sells that high in auction cool, but I've seen hot garbage come from some of that stock and it was all based on some story. Shit just makes me roll my eyes because I'm not here to grow stories, just damn good pot.

All the good deals run this time of year and i gotta pound dirt cause if i spend anything on grow stuff im out Christmas funds.
Fucken hate the fact they run all the good weed related deals the same time as Christmas.

It's hard because I want everything but have to pump the brakes and not get crazy. No family or kids so Xmas doesn't hit as hard for me as it does some but I remember my Mom doing the grind to make sure her kids had a nice Xmas. I'm sure she wanted more for herself but couldn't. Respect to the parents out there doing that grind!

After this latest drop I'm knee deep in seeds and there's more on the way with my Haunted Banana breeding project. I have opened and unopened packs of a lot of GPS cuts. I'd like to float some your way if you'd like to grow them. Some will be fem and some will be regular. Regs will be Texas Butter & Tombstone and fems will be Critterz, Animal Star Cookies, Purple Crunch, and Screaming Cookies.

Yea 420 deals hit right at easter too...it's pretty wack...7/10...the 4th of july....I feel ya.

I need to hide some money from myself during better months and have a little extra for these deals. I plan on eventually grabbing some beans from a few breeders I've been itching to try that are more pricey than Greenpoint but shit if the reverse auctions are even out of reach who knows when I'll get to buy a 100 dollar pack of beans lol. Brother mendel is expensive, csi is semi-pricey and I always miss his deals, may as well not even look at lucky dog...actually wanna try riot seeds I wanna run that blue bonnet some day. Think he wants like 2-250 a pack...psssh damn...

Actually once I get some quality grows in I should be alright.. if I could actually keep my wife supplied and she could stop spending 12-1500 a month on weed...she could buy some seeds to pitch in on the effort (won't hold my breath on that tho lol)

I'd like to float some your way if you'd like to grow them
Id love some, but im kinda in that same boat, not as bad so maybe the same river different boat🤣
I have like 20 strains right now and have only grown 8 of them.
A lot of the stuff i have are regs, and i have a hard time growing any of them because with my budget and space, they just really dont benefit my grow. Starting to dig into my stash of regs.
Gonna pop 50 for outside this summer. Maybe ill get 1 to harvest outside here lol.

Yea 420 deals hit right at easter too...it's pretty wack...7/10...the 4th of july....I feel ya.
Yeah its 100% ass lol.
I need to hide some money from myself during better months and have a little extra for these deals. I plan on eventually grabbing some beans from a few breeders I've been itching to try
i have a real hard time saving money.
I make enough to pay the bills and my wife makes enough for us to live paycheck to paycheck 😕
There are so many breeders i wanna try but i wont spend over 100 a pack anymore. The ordeal i went through with mr trustfall left a real bad taste in my mouth.
300 for seeds that herm all day everyday? Talk about getting bent.... lol.
Actually once I get some quality grows in I should be alright.. if I could actually keep my wife supplied and she could stop spending 12-1500 a month on weed...she could buy some seeds to pitch in on the effort (won't hold my breath on that tho lol)
This☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻
I smoke a lot but my wife smokes double and i cant support her habbit either lol. So she spend prolly 400 a month on weed. (not as bad as your wifes 12-1500 tho)

I thought I smoked a lot. I smoke about an ounce a month. We have deals here for about $100 a zip so growing is definitely a passion of love. I think it costs me around $45 to $50 an ounce (Cali electric plus heater) to grow in my uninsulated shed depending on harvest.

I used to smoke few ounces a year until my volcano killed my low tolerance.

I thought I smoked a lot. I smoke about an ounce a month. We have deals here for about $100 a zip so growing is definitely a passion of love. I think it costs me around $45 to $50 an ounce (Cali electric plus heater) to grow in my uninsulated shed depending on harvest.

I used to smoke few ounces a year until my volcano killed my low tolerance.
I havent broken down the math into ounces, i just know it's about 5-600 bucks to run a grow start to finish here in NY...
That's electric, nutes, soil, seeds.
So an estimated $30ish per ounce.

Soils and electricity are my biggest expense so it costs me around $250/grow but I yield at least 1lb of mid to high 20% THC content flower every time I turn on the grow machine.
To this day I still haven't found anything on the black market at $120/1/2oz or in legal states where I've paid $30-$60 1/8th that will change me from growing weed to buying weed on a regular basis.
Making my own concentrates is where I come out very far ahead and have total control over purity that's not found in commercial operations. I can spend a few hours turning an oz of flower into a 1/4oz of rosin with a black market value of around $300 here

GPS has like 4 pages of strains on reverse auction today.

I saw that. I think every strain other than the testers is up on reverse auction this weekend

Most of the testers sold out before the drop this morning and what was left only lasted 5 minutes. There will be another at 3pm and 8pm but they may already be sold out too. Glad I snatched mine yesterday when I did!

I saw that. I think every strain other than the testers is up on reverse auction this weekend

Most of the testers sold out before the drop this morning and what was left only lasted 5 minutes. There will be another at 3pm and 8pm but they may already be sold out too. Glad I snatched mine yesterday when I did!
Im glad I snagged one of those strains.

@GoodShit97 that sucks about the bustfall beans...that's also another reason I really only wanna try 1 pack at a time from places...they even make that hard with the buy 2 get 1 or buy2get2 deals

Think my next purchase from a breeder will be old sog because he works with strains I like, then bro mendel because he does some nice deals sometime that take the price down a bit...he had a bogo going and I was asking just about a couple strains had no idea about the sale he was like "I got a bogo going you buy 1 I'll send the other" ....so that's pretty dope not all people will work with ya on freebies (and I don't expect that offer from him again or to everyone...may have just been a 1 time thing)

Last edited:
Couldn't resist~!
Got me a tester pack of MAX AC and Purple Crunch for $22.50 each~!
Pays to get up early some days~!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Couldn't resist~!
Got me a tester pack of MAX AC and Purple Crunch for $22.50 each~!
Pays to get up early some days~!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
It's hard not to buy at those prices. I bought a pack for like $17.50 but they were regs(didnt see). But someday I'll grow em out.

RA today, 12/5, on all the new strains. Combine code santaslittlehelper for xtra 10% off orders

View attachment 32700
I can't make coupons work on the RA....
Tells me every time "this coupon cant be added to your cart"

I want the gorilla butter, but its always right before pay day they run these damn auctions on the stuff i want 😫 😤
Lmao😂

Back
Top Bottom