Kief tumbler

I found a real source for SSmesh at different microns~!
Mcmasters has everything ! Literally

All this talk bout tumbling - had to break out the screens last nite and try some different things each shape is a different technique and yes I was really high

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
All this talk bout tumbling - had to break out the screens last nite and try some different things each shape is a different technique and yes I was really high
Pretty stoned for sure still ended with 30gs of full melt dry sift - happy bout that ! Lol

And damn squished a couple zips too ! Really stoned

Here's the mesh to micron conversion chart I'm using for new barrel screen. I'm using this because most screen listings on amazon are in mesh.
I cut it off at the most common sizes for extractions. Mesh is the first row of numbers and microns are the 3rd row

mesh to micron chart.png

So that led me to looking at this to rewrap my barrel or to possibly build a new barrel making it an octagon like NS.
A 70 mesh, 210 micron 11.8" x 3.3' roll of stainless steel screen for $12 on Amazon

I like the square edged shapes also.
More bounce?
You prefer larger micron? 210m
I would opt for the 120/150 mesh? 125m/ 100m
I am all but ordered on the dab press.
Will probably do it today so I can have it Sunday.
I wouldn't mind modding odd shaped tumblers.
I like the aluminum design.
Static and kief sticking to walls was mentioned among plastic box models.
Could have been spinning too fast also but I am liking the Aluminum build.

More bounce?

I pretty much work it the same as I would screens or bubble bags with the first screen being around 200-220 micron for best yield then pass it thru the tighter microns for more purity.

The more the material gets tossed around the better so there's a balance between load size, agitation, time, and speed. When it's round the load will pretty much roll over but I'm thinking with an octagon it will roll over up to 8 times a revolution rather than once.

My tumbler will pretty much be invaluable when I harvest buds loaded with seeds.
I'll tumble them and that will loosen the seeds from the flower while also getting a good extraction. From there the seeds and material will go into my sorter to separate it then what's left of the material will be loaded into bags and squished on the rosin press.

More bounce?
The Original, The Brick Press, Best Selling 4-Ton Press in The World, 8,000 Lbs of Force! Built from High Grade Aircraft Aluminum, Made in USA https://a.co/d/fyJ7esF

Edit: its a natural progression

The Original, The Brick Press, Best Selling 4-Ton Press in The World, 8,000 Lbs of Force! Built from High Grade Aircraft Aluminum, Made in USA https://a.co/d/fyJ7esF

Edit: its a natural progression
Guess that would be next huh?:ROFLMAO:
You get to share the blame with @Bandit in 3-2-1...:oops:

Order placed, thanks!​

​Confirmation will be sent to your email.
Sunday, Nov. 26
Estimated delivery

The Original, The Brick Press, Best Selling 4-Ton Press in The World, 8,000 Lbs of Force! Built from High Grade Aircraft Aluminum, Made in USA
Amazon Thanks You~!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More bounce?
I also prefer the 120 micron , and use a96 for my ā€œtop shelfā€ 210 seems like u would get to much plant matter ?

My question is to the difference between kief and flower. I asked Smoke once and he just replied "dunno tastes like kif"

Do you lose a lot of flavor or does it retain the essence of the plant? Seems like a lot of the terpenes and other compounds would get lost and stay on the organic matter you leave behind?

My question is to the difference between kief and flower. I asked Smoke once and he just replied "dunno tastes like kif"

Do you lose a lot of flavor or does it retain the essence of the plant? Seems like a lot of the terpenes and other compounds would get lost and stay on the organic matter you leave behind?
It definitely loses flavor, but it makes up for it with its oily gassy deliciousness of a flavor.

Plus its more potent than flower, just a couple hits gets me destroyed where i usually have to smoke like 3 bowls of flower to be where i wanna be.

It definitely loses flavor, but it makes up for it with its oily gassy deliciousness of a flavor.

Plus its more potent than flower, just a couple hits gets me destroyed where i usually have to smoke like 3 bowls of flower to be where i wanna be.
Do you use an e-nail or?

Do you use an e-nail or?
No i just bust it up in a bowl head and stick that thing in my biggest bong lol.
Smoke it till stoned and put a coin on it til i want more.

Full melt sift you can apparently dab but ive never tried it.

Is kief worth more than it's equivalent weight in flower?

I think the taste is better than the flower it comes from. Concentrated maybe?
I am lousy at smoke reports or naming that smell.
The more you press kief the more it acts and taste like old school hash IMO?
Not sure what hash goes for as I never see it offered. Last year when I shared some I made with an old dealer of mine he just shook my hand after the first hit and called me weekly for a month~!
Labor of love maybe.
Even placing hash/kief in a joint of the same flower it is a totally recognizable taste beyond just flower.
There are probably as many parts of the plant we don't need or want as there are that we do?

I'd inquire more about what they mean by "ice hash"
If it's bubble hash/water hash renamed ice hash, cool.
If it's ice hash made by shaking a bubble bag loaded with dry ice and material inside a 5 gallon bucket, I'd pass.
That method works very well but dry ice is some dirty & nasty shit and there's no way I'd let it touch something I was smoking. Anything from dirt to bacteria can be in dry ice

I think the taste is better than the flower it comes from. Concentrated maybe?
I am lousy at smoke reports or naming that smell.
The more you press kief the more it acts and taste like old school hash IMO?
Not sure what hash goes for as I never see it offered. Last year when I shared some I made with an old dealer of mine he just shook my hand after the first hit and called me weekly for a month~!
Labor of love maybe.
Even placing hash/kief in a joint of the same flower it is a totally recognizable taste beyond just flower.
There are probably as many parts of the plant we don't need or want as there are that we do?

Kief is unprocessed hash. Once heated and pressed, it's hash. The better it's sifted and the tighter the micron, the more pure and full melt hash it will be. If it doesn't bind well with heat and pressure, then it's corrupted with too much veg material and needs to be cleaned up, usually by static brushing.

Say you extract the kief from flower testing at 20% THC, the kief without the veg material and concentrated will test at around 35-65%. The cleaner and more full melt it is, the higher it will test and some can get it up into the low 70%-90% range

I'd inquire more about what they mean by "ice hash"
If it's bubble hash/water hash renamed ice hash, cool.
If it's ice hash made by shaking a bubble bag loaded with dry ice and material inside a 5 gallon bucket, I'd pass.
That method works very well but dry ice is some dirty & nasty shit and there's no way I'd let it touch something I was smoking. Anything from dirt to bacteria can be in dry ice
With this place id think its actually bubble hash but idk ill ask next time im there. They actually have pretty good stuff im not gonna lie.
Ive actually mever gotten anything there and not been pleased.
But i havent bought much flower there.
I buy a lot of edibles, drinks, and dabs there. Can't really go wrong with diamonds at 10 dollars a gram lol.

Back
Top Bottom