Kief tumbler

IMG_7838.jpg

Saw my local store had a tumbler on sale for half price, Canadian. 😳

After chewing on the idea for a while I go to see how many in stock.IMG_7839.jpeg

Figures. 🤷‍♂️

Freezer bag and bottle hash it is then.

IMG_5846.jpegIMG_5842.jpegIMG_5808.jpegI apologize for not taking the video I thought I had of the sifter working. However here is a pic of the sifter and the 9.28 oz of kief that I shook from my last run and the way I make a fancy joint by rolling it in kief after I put/paint a lil concentrate on the outside to make the kief stick.

I smoke with some super stoners that may have 4-5 hits but I always tap out after 2-3 max hits of a fancy joint!

Peace

View attachment 50757View attachment 50758View attachment 50762I apologize for not taking the video I thought I had of the sifter working. However here is a pic of the sifter and the 9.28 oz of kief that I shook from my last run and the way I make a fancy joint by rolling it in kief after I put/paint a lil concentrate on the outside to make the kief stick.

I smoke with some super stoners that may have 4-5 hits but I always tap out after 2-3 max hits of a fancy joint!

Peace
Interested to know how much flower you started with to end up with the 9.28 oz of kief and what screens are in your shaker? The 10 and 60 mesh?

View attachment 50757View attachment 50758View attachment 50762I apologize for not taking the video I thought I had of the sifter working. However here is a pic of the sifter and the 9.28 oz of kief that I shook from my last run and the way I make a fancy joint by rolling it in kief after I put/paint a lil concentrate on the outside to make the kief stick.

Peace
I’ve fired up some pre rolls that were dipped like this. They are a different level strong!

Interested to know how much flower you started with to end up with the 9.28 oz of kief and what screens are in your shaker? The 10 and 60 mesh?
That works a bit different from the way you collect your kief smoke? That would seem right up your alley bro.

I got a pollen tumbler for under £200 in the uk, they're available in Europe without the eye-watering prices of the US and Canada.
Idk about shipping outside of Europe so I'll let you check it out.
_20230125_194429 (2).JPG
_20230123_223426.JPG
_20230128_195042 (1).JPG
For flavour it doesn't get better than dry sift imo.

Rosintech 500 dry sift tumbler 150 micron screen

Someone asked if it is worth tumbling trim?

I had about 2.5 lbs of dried trim.
1100 gms. Tumbled approx 350 gm at a time.

Results, tumbled each batch for 12 min with 6 quarters in with each batch. Results were 14 gms of kif or a 1.5% return.

A average from tumbling dried flower for 10 min from what ive done in past is roughly a 15% return.
View attachment 12270View attachment 12271View attachment 12272View attachment 12273spent material
View attachment 12274

1.5 % return tumbled for 12 min
I wish man. I'm looking at this now, it's a little more in my range. $137 at walmart.
View attachment 1711066711806.webp

I have never put actual flower in my sifter.

I believe it is a 60/10 mesh sifter. The dry ice goes in the larger mesh size on top and trim in the next level with the smaller mesh. I’m honestly to stoned to remember is smaller mesh has a bigger or smaller number.

Just like electrical wire and several other things I have to double check everytime I do something new.
My Best guess and I have definitely never weighed it but I get about a 4 oz Mason jar of kief for each pound or so of trim that I shake. I got 2 and a half of these jars from 2 stuffed turkey bags of trim.

It definitely doesn’t take 1 hour to shake 2 full turkey bags of trim.

It really helps to keep the trim frozen until you’re done trimming and have time to deal with it. It comes out closer to white sand than typical sand beige and definitely has way better terps if you do. I was told it’s because of oxidation but honestly can’t say I know.

Peace

image.jpg

I wish man. I'm looking at this now, it's a little more in my range. $137 at walmart.
View attachment 50840
Looks very similar to what I use. However the one I have has 3 layers. The top layer is for the dry ice. IMO the dry ice freezing the trichomes and breaking them off ASAP keeps a ton of the green leaf particles out of the kief.

PEACE

You can make dry sift for less than a fiver.
I'm not sure of the t/c so I'll not post links?
I got a 150 micron screen from ebay £4 it's enough for 4 screens it's a 1x1 mtr square.

I put the trim into a bucket then fixed the screen over it with a bungee, turned it upside down and shook it onto a sheet of heavy duty plastic.
_20230123_223123.JPG
_20230123_223240 (1).JPG
_20230123_223452 (1).JPG
I bought a sifter to treat myself 🤫 but tbh the bucket and screen work equally well (imo) for under a fiver, what's not to love?

With help from SLG he sent 2 samples away for testing. Not at all what I expected..

20240310_192416.jpg
The 3 bricks above were made from frozen flower that was tumbled for 15 min. The tumbled material that made those 3 bricks was all put together and tumbled for another 45 min brick on the right
20240310_192431.jpg
Sample #2 was the 300 gm of flower froze and tumbled for 15 min.

Sample #1 was tumbled for another 45 min

20240617_094600.jpg20240617_095158.jpg

Basically no difference in total cannabinoids 32% and 35%

Not ever testing the flower wouldn't it test about the same then?

Last edited:
So shorter time had less volume/contamination and stronger THC.
NICE~!:cool:
Thanks both you and SLG for that info there man.
Do you remember what cultivar you used?
It makes sense to me that less tumble with properly prepped product would be higher in terps and THC.

So shorter time had less volume/contamination and stronger THC.
NICE~!:cool:
Thanks both you and SLG for that info there man.
Do you remember what cultivar you used?
It makes sense to me that less tumble with properly prepped product would be higher in terps and THC.
Strain called heart attack cross clementine x raspberry cough

Cured about a year then tumbled

i can almost smell it from here!!! so did you notice any flavor difference between the 15 min run versus the 60 min run?

i would think the flower is close to the same results, maybe just a tiny bit watered down due to plant material, but the thc and other cannabinoids have still got to be in the flower. i don't know for sure but i would assume it's very close to the same results on what was being measured.

i can almost smell it from here!!! so did you notice any flavor difference between the 15 min run versus the 60 min run?

i would think the flower is close to the same results, maybe just a tiny bit watered down due to plant material, but the thc and other cannabinoids have still got to be in the flower. i don't know for sure but i would assume it's very close to the same results on what was being measured.
My taste tester above says "no difference "

thats why i asked in the beginning if you were good with woodwork, i'm not and it's why i chose metal.
Cool. Used to be okay. But now I don’t have the patience. Sanding is a chore. Unless using the disc or belt sander.

Last big project was the kitchen island. Used a biscuit joiner for the first time to attach two butcher block tops together. Still solid and flush. Sanding sucked. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom