Kief tumbler

smoke

Hydro grower
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Rosintech 500 dry sift tumbler 150 micron screen

Someone asked if it is worth tumbling trim?

I had about 2.5 lbs of dried trim.
1100 gms. Tumbled approx 350 gm at a time.

Results, tumbled each batch for 12 min with 6 quarters in with each batch. Results were 14 gms of kif or a 1.5% return.

A average from tumbling dried flower for 10 min from what ive done in past is roughly a 15% return.
20230706_085707.jpg20230706_091854.jpg20230706_100647.jpg20230706_101104.jpgspent material
20230706_101915.jpg

1.5 % return tumbled for 12 min

Cool Toy! Rotary sifter? From the pics it looks like you've frozen the trim?

I made a crude pollen sifter out of a Home Depot bucket and some fine SS mesh but I was dealing with 10 lbs of trim at a time. Worked pretty good especially once I hooked a small motor to it so that I didn't have to manually rotate it.

Cool Toy! Rotary sifter? From the pics it looks like you've frozen the trim?

I made a crude pollen sifter out of a Home Depot bucket and some fine SS mesh but I was dealing with 10 lbs of trim at a time. Worked pretty good especially once I hooked a small motor to it so that I didn't have to manually rotate it.
Yea rotary sifter and yes always frozen

Looking at tumblers.
Isn't it a PIA to scrape the kief off the bottom of bin?
I would like a pull out tray under the tumbler.
Just not finding much
Found this cheap little tumbler that has my attention.
I paid almost 200 for my screens and they manual ! And I only use 2 of the 4 - that looks real appealing ! I found 120 and 90 micron screen in quantity rolls and was gonna try to diy but ….. Xmas ? Mom please

I paid almost 200 for my screens and they manual ! And I only use 2 of the 4 - that looks real appealing ! I found 120 and 90 micron screen in quantity rolls and was gonna try to diy but ….. Xmas ? Mom please
I have the 4 set of screens also.
They are just so Anti Slacker~!

The unit is pretty small only 6"x6" holding probably 2oz at best.
Most tumblers claim less is more and should only be 1/4 full when in operation. So maybe less than 1 oz?
So besides size which is acceptable for the price which is 1/8-1/4 what other tumblers are my next thought is shipped from France?
:unsure:

I have the 4 set of screens also.
They are just so Anti Slacker~!

The unit is pretty small only 6"x6" holding probably 2oz at best.
Most tumblers claim less is more and should only be 1/4 full when in operation. So maybe less than 1 oz?
So besides size which is acceptable for the price which is 1/8-1/4 what other tumblers are my next thought is shipped from France?
:unsure:
I didn’t see the France thing - I did notice the size I typically run small batches anyways so that doesn’t bother me , sounds like a good Xmas present ? I like the french ! Maids anyways

Looking at tumblers.
Just not finding much
Found this cheap little tumbler that has my attention.

You've got the skills and tools so I'm betting you could make the one I have

TumbleNowXL1-800x800.jpg

Mine has a 200 micron barrel and a 70 micron catch screen at the bottom. Below that is a black glass tile for the final catch.
Mine is made from pine wood with the outside having what I assume is a polyurethane coating.
Inside is raw wood but finely sanded so it's very smooth.
The motor is your basic DC motor. Something from a dustbuster vacuum or RC car would work. The drive shaft is nothing more than a piece of notched square tube with a set screw to attach to the motor.
I can take more detailed pics of parts if you'd like but yeah with good tools and wood, can easily be made for way less than what they're sold for.
If going with plastic and no drawer, I'd give consideration to lining the box walls and bottom with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets and I'd make sure the plastic was food grade with no BPA

Not really, take the tumbler out and scrape it up with a credit card
Nug smasher tumbler has a tray, for about $2500.00

I also bought the 4 set of screens. Used them once before i bought a tumbler that will do 500 gms at a time. My recipe is 300 gms of flower with 8 quarters for 10 min.

You've got the skills and tools so I'm betting you could make the one I have

View attachment 30920

Mine has a 200 micron barrel and a 70 micron catch screen at the bottom. Below that is a black glass tile for the final catch.
Mine is made from pine wood with the outside having what I assume is a polyurethane coating.
Inside is raw wood but finely sanded so it's very smooth.
The motor is your basic DC motor. Something from a dustbuster vacuum or RC car would work. The drive shaft is nothing more than a piece of notched square tube with a set screw to attach to the motor.
I can take more detailed pics of parts if you'd like but yeah with good tools and wood, can easily be made for way less than what they're sold for.
If going with plastic and no drawer, I'd give consideration to lining the box walls and bottom with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets and I'd make sure the plastic was food grade with no BPA
You didn't start this, but I may share the blame if you don't mind~! :p
The Slackers list is long enough. I ain't making anything. I know where the money will come from.🥶
I'm at the point I need a reason to be there this time of year. Good motivation.🤪
Not really, take the tumbler out and scrape it up with a credit card

Nug smasher tumbler has a tray, for about $2500.00

I also bought the 4 set of screens. Used them once before i bought a tumbler that will do 500 gms at a time. My recipe is 300 gms of flower with 8 quarters for 10 min.
I like the nugsmasher.🤯
My only hesitation with that is I believe they are nylon screens. And the $$$$.:rolleyes:
It really seems like a nice machine clearly not worth it ,but who else gives lifetime warranties.
I really like my Nug Smasher XP...:sneaky:

I didn’t see the France thing - I did notice the size I typically run small batches anyways so that doesn’t bother me , sounds like a good Xmas present ? I like the french ! Maids anyways
Fuck the French~!;)
Just under 16 1/2 times more $$$$.:oops:
This would be a wicked Xmas gift to best elf, Thy Selve....:ROFLMAO:

You didn't start this, but I may share the blame if you don't mind~! :p
The Slackers list is long enough. I ain't making anything. I know where the money will come from.🥶
I'm at the point I need a reason to be there this time of year. Good motivation.🤪

I like the nugsmasher.🤯
My only hesitation with that is I believe they are nylon screens. And the $$$$.:rolleyes:
It really seems like a nice machine clearly not worth it ,but who else gives lifetime warranties.
I really like my Nug Smasher XP...:sneaky:

Fuck the French~!;)
Just under 16 1/2 times more $$$$.:oops:
This would be a wicked Xmas gift to best elf, Thy Selve....:ROFLMAO:

I do believe NS is onto something with the octagon shaped drum but yeah they done went loco on that price!
I'd bet with my 3D printer I could build the parts needed to go octagon.:unsure:

I'm kinda digging this one if I had to buy again though

Also try using "pollen" instead if kief in google searches and it will yield more results. And in a strange twist, mine was made in Taiwan and outside the box they labeled it seed separator I guess for legal and customs.
But yeah, I'd rather have something come from Taiwan than fucking France. A tumbler made in France would probably surrender way too much in yield

Kief thief, stainless steel , was my first choice but my rosin tech 500 tumbler was on sale for $720.00

I'm kinda digging this one if I had to buy again though
Dude, is it just me or does it seem like almost everything anyone wants is like 500 dollars?

Even that 430 dollar tumbler is "loco" to me.
I guess i just dont see where it should cost 430 fkn dollhairs 🤔
Everything has become so outrageously priced.
That same tumbler just 5 years ago wouldve been 1/3rd the cost.

Dude, is it just me or does it seem like almost everything anyone wants is like 500 dollars?

Even that 430 dollar tumbler is "loco" to me.
I guess i just dont see where it should cost 430 fkn dollhairs 🤔
Everything has become so outrageously priced.
That same tumbler just 5 years ago wouldve been 1/3rd the cost.

I paid something in the $400 range for mine and that was around 2013-2015, can't remember exactly but yeah they've always been expensive. Mine was cheap then because everything else was around $2000.
There's not much to them. It's not like there's rare materials being used. But it is a specialty product for a cash crop so I think many believe we make 10s of thousands of dollars every crop and have money to burn by selling what we grow so why not charge us $500 for $50 worth of product.
See it in all extraction products, fertilizers, hydroponic systems, etc, If it's designed for weed it will come with a designer price tag

I paid something in the $400 range for mine and that was around 2013-2015, can't remember exactly but yeah they've always been expensive. Mine was cheap then because everything else was around $2000.
There's not much to them. It's not like there's rare materials being used. But it is a specialty product for a cash crop so I think many believe we make 10s of thousands of dollars every crop and have money to burn by selling what we grow so why not charge us $500 for $50 worth of product.
See it in all extraction products, fertilizers, hydroponic systems, etc, If it's designed for weed it will come with a designer price tag
Agreed 100% but i cant believe you cant 400 for one in 13-15. Thats nuts.

Thats why i dont have any fancy shizznit.
Shit i dont even have a set of dry sift screens cause i dont think they're worth 200 bucks lol. I make hash with a 10 dollar 120 micron bubble bag and my freezer.

It's just everything cannabis related is expensive as hell....most of these things are brought to you by the people that brought you $6k pounds of outdoor....no wait they didn't even deliver those you had to pick that shit up.

Point is...always some dude at the top spreading an "it's all love vibe" while he bones your wallet

i know y'all ain't lookin for DIY but i made this years ago and can be made for like $50... tumbles weed, makes kief...

DSCN1375.JPG

no fancy tray though... just a dollar store sink bin!

It's just everything cannabis related is expensive as hell....most of these things are brought to you by the people that brought you $6k pounds of outdoor....no wait they didn't even deliver those you had to pick that shit up.

Point is...always some dude at the top spreading an "it's all love vibe" while he bones your wallet
You got to figure out what people want, don't really need, can afford to buy, and sell it to them

You got to figure out what people want, don't really need, can afford to buy, and sell it to them
Yea I shouldn't say everything...you got cheap stuff everywhere...but the quality stuff is like triple taxed for sure

One day I'll have some nice stuff...work my way up to the darned bananas

Found this one that lifts off the tray.
Only issue could be that a review says they don't sell replacement screens??🤪
I imagine I could find SS mesh to mod it if necessary.

I have pieces 1 foot wide and prolly 3’ long in different mesh sizes , I’ll remember soon where I got em ? Lol could even b Amazon

Mmm couldn’t get the link to work but this is what I got to replace my trim bin screens

Attachments

• IMG_0349.png
    IMG_0349.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 2
Mmm couldn’t get the link to work but this is what I got to replace my trim bin screens
I found a real source for SSmesh at different microns~!

I found a real source for SSmesh at different microns~!

that's where i bought mine from, mcmaster^^

Back
Top Bottom