Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

Used dutch pro nutrients before but fuck liquid in bottles, cheaper to mix you're own.

Theyll have you buy 5 different bottles with water when you can buy 3 bags of salts.

My 5-12-26 includes micro nutrients as well.

But I'm going to look into croptech

could that attibute to that goo?

youre killing youre good and/or/bad microbes with h2o and bleach ??
Hey, I just caught up, I'm not having that issue with GH nutes but I'm still getting separation. Moe Red said I should lower my ph prior to adding the micro. So I lowered it to 6.96 before adding any nutes and I still see the redish grey grainy sediment on the bottom...no diatoms but ....sand???? iron and or copper so said Moe but now what?

sorry kuwl I don't mean to hijac....k Just similar issues with nutes in the tank doing odd things

Hey, I just caught up, I'm not having that issue with GH nutes but I'm still getting separation. Moe Red said I should lower my ph prior to adding the micro. So I lowered it to 6.96 before adding any nutes and I still see the redish grey grainy sediment on the bottom...no diatoms but ....sand???? iron and or copper so said Moe but now what?

sorry kuwl I don't mean to hijac....k Just similar issues with nutes in the tank doing odd things
yea some elements wont mix into a solution if pH is so out of whack.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Can I ask if there is a better choice of nutrient products to use as I am wrapping this grow up and I’m thinking about changing Nutrients for another auto Pot grow.
I know there are a lot out there,
PipeCarver uses General Hydroponics I believe
And was thinking of going that way for this type of grow.
My very first grow was using gh trio in coco and perlite in autopots. Bringing back memories here.

I found it easy to use.

Been reading around and some growers running into slime from hydrozyme

Nov 2, 2012 - ""used to run hygrozyme in my rez's. I would always find a slimy, mucusy, substance in my rez and stuck to the air stone. I quit runnin it and viola...no more slime. I've heard that it (hygrozyme) doesn't work well with air stones. Do you have air stones?""

Well, I checked back and I was using Zyme the Previous 2 grows with no problems with slime.
Bummer, that was a year ago and nothing in there that showed I had these sorta problems.
I thought for sure that was it.
I've tried everything I could think of to methodicaly eliminate stuff that could cause this goo problem with no answers yet.
The last thing I tried was removing the air stone and pump but still I got slimed.

I am not going to use Zyme on the last pot, until I'm positive it's not the additive doing this.

I am gonna empty the tank and clean it out then add Flawless Finish 8ml per gal.
It's the last 1-2 weeks of this grow for these 2 plants,
then I have one left on the AP on a seperate line n tank. (2 wks behind)
And one in a 3 gal cloth bag that is 3 wks behind

I will still have to figure this out for the next grow.

Well, I checked back and I was using Zyme the Previous 2 grows with no problems with slime.
Bummer, that was a year ago and nothing in there that showed I had these sorta problems.
I thought for sure that was it.
I've tried everything I could think of to methodicaly eliminate stuff that could cause this goo problem with no answers yet.
The last thing I tried was removing the air stone and pump but still I got slimed.

I am not going to use Zyme on the last pot, until I'm positive it's not the additive doing this.

I am gonna empty the tank and clean it out then add Flawless Finish 8ml per gal.
It's the last 1-2 weeks of this grow for these 2 plants,
then I have one left on the AP on a seperate line n tank. (2 wks behind)
And one in a 3 gal cloth bag that is 3 wks behind

I will still have to figure this out for the next grow.
OK I did that and checked before I emptied it and there was some residual goo on the filter, just a dab tho.
But what peaked my interest was when I checked the SRT which is 3/4ths full and has no air stone or pump.
I don't know the exact mix of nutrients in it cause I added some from the other tank.
When I looked at that filter it was clean and so was the tank.
If I wasn't confused before, I sure am now.

Well the bleach didn't do any harm and there are no diatoms in either tank, so that's good.
There is still bleach in the SRT but like I said the MRT was changed out to just Flawless Finish with nothing else added.

From what I read about the bleach thing is that it's a alternate way to keep it clean without using tea.
Tea was used for the bacteria problem but I would have to make it or buy it.
It looked hard to make and I would need more products to do that anyway.
Buying it already made would cost and I needed a quicker way to fix the problem.
All that said I am back to square one, lol.

@Kuwl this is the issue, correct?
img_4523-jpg.3392

And if I am reading you right, you now have bleach in there, making this res sterile, and even with that the slime is coming back?

@Kuwl this is the issue, correct?
img_4523-jpg.3392

And if I am reading you right, you now have bleach in there, making this res sterile, and even with that the slime is coming back?
Yes that was the issue, goo plugging up the filter.
No bleach in there at that time

The picture is before the bleach was put in
I put the bleach in yesterday afternoon.
I checked this morning and it was still a little goo in the filter but not much
The tank was cleaned this morning and washed out so nothing in it but flawless finish and nothing else

Last edited:
The picture before the bleach was put in
After I put the bleach in yesterday afternoon.
I checked this morning and it was still a little goo in the filter but not much
The tank was cleaned this morning and washed out so nothing in it but flawless finish and nothing else
In the other tank SpareRT the bleach is still in it but I've heard conflicting views on
whether it will sterilize the nutes or not. I think it depends if it's organic or not.
But will end up cleaning and changing that tank also.
I was shopping and didn't have the time to do it yet.
The spare tank did not have any problems with goo or diatoms, not sure why.

Hope you have better luck than me.
I will empty my spare tank and refill with fresh nutes as soon as I get some Bloom delivered.
I ran out and had to order it and more in their product line, so it's all the same company products I'm putting in there.
So far the tank is clean but is it because of the 2 drops of bleach per gallon, idk?

I'm going to keep on working on my problem till it's solved.
And just thought of something! I wonder if Nutrient contamination could be causing it for me?
I've about eliminated everything so I'm starting over with a clean spare tank and fresh nutes, let's see what happens then.

I got the Dyna Grow Bloom today but Amz sent the wrong Zyme lol they sent Superthrive Zyme not Dyna Grow.
Another trip to the ups return store, wifey not to happy bout that.
Got the SRT cleaned out and re-filled with 5ml Pro-Tekt, 5ml Foliage Pro, 10ml Bloom and 5ml Mag Pro nothing else.
This tank goes directly to one plant in the AP's that is bout 3 wks behind the other 2 plants.

The other plant in the 3 gal cloth bag is not doing well almost a re-veg tbh I am thinking about cutting it down when the other is done.
Fed it today with a mix of fresh nutes, that's about all I can do for her.

Day 67
The other 2 (QC B, F OG) are doing well and checking them every day.
I took some pic's of F OG and a close look with the loup but not ready yet.
Leaves not showing any color but some burnt tips.
MRT is good with no problems.
Only Flawless Finish in it, nothing else but the bubble stone.

Shady likes to bother me when I am gaming on the PC.
Jumps up on the computer table and lays in front of the monitor lol.
IMG_4533.JPG
F OG
IMG_4537.JPGIMG_4541.JPGIMG_4542.JPG

just a heads up, you shouldn't mix h2o2 and bleach. it can result in an explosion due to the chemical reaction that occurs. additionally, pool shock is the type of chlorine you want to use, not household bleach like you wash whites with.

enzymes also don't like chlorine -- you either pick chlorine and only chlorine, or h2o2 and potentially enzymes as well though personally I won't use enzymes anymore as I feel they're not effective at doing anything other than taking more money outta my wallet.

just a heads up, you shouldn't mix h2o2 and bleach. it can result in an explosion due to the chemical reaction that occurs. additionally, pool shock is the type of chlorine you want to use, not household bleach like you wash whites with.

enzymes also don't like chlorine -- you either pick chlorine and only chlorine, or h2o2 and potentially enzymes as well though personally I won't use enzymes anymore as I feel they're not effective at doing anything other than taking more money outta my wallet.
if youre supplying salts, would you even need enzymes ?

if youre supplying salts, would you even need enzymes ?
Yes… salts are ions bound together… most are separated when they come in contact with water. Enzymes will help break these bonds releasing the nutrients and making them more available. They also help release bonds that hold salts in the media

Yes… salts are ions bound together… most are separated when they come in contact with water. Enzymes will help break these bonds releasing the nutrients and making them more available. They also help release bonds that hold salts in the media
ah ok, thank you sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
so what about combining fulvic acid and enzymes with my ionic solutions?

I see my main tank has some foggyness and when I checked some diatoms too.
Nothing in that tank except water, Flawless finish 8ml / gal and a new air stone.
The tank was cleaned and sterile.
I guess it could come from the feeder lines, that would be my best guess
but don't make much sense.
I will check those when I empty and clean out the tank again.
Leaving out the air stone this time.

I checked the Spare res tank that has no air stone with nothing in it but nutes.
Dyna Gro - Pro-Tekt, Bloom, Mag Pro Nothing else.
Clean and clear with no problems at all.

Harvest Time for Fruity OG tomorrow (70 days in flower).
QC Blue looks great and I think will go another week at least.

SD drying in the veg tent is doing well and drying slowly like I want it to.
Not ready yet but maybe in a few more days.

The extra plant in the 3 gal cloth bag will be chopped down also.
It is not producing and looks bad.

The DP in the AP solo pot feeding from the spare tank is doing well and I will continue to feed.

if you run h2o2, you can skip the airstones entirely. there will be enough concentrated O2 for a few days, so you just have to re-apply h2o2 when you do your top offs. of course, you'll be running 100% sterile at that point, but h2o2 plays well with enzymes.

if you run h2o2, you can skip the airstones entirely. there will be enough concentrated O2 for a few days, so you just have to re-apply h2o2 when you do your top offs. of course, you'll be running 100% sterile at that point, but h2o2 plays well with enzymes.
Good to know thanks!

Im not sure if it would last to long in hydro… h2o2 dicipates fairly quickly

Back
Top Bottom