Newbie learning how to hydro

Good morning/afternoon/evening and night folks🙏🏼

Just finished cleaning and transfering the plants into the system last night. Some plants made really good root development in those kratky buckets.

Before i placed them into the system, i flushed those net pots with some 1% peroxide solution and gave them some top watering with new solution of 250ppm. Nutes ratios (calmag.green, brown,pink)1:1:1:1
Water temps around 20C, ph~6.0

Today they looking less happy, i think maybe i shouldn't top feed them. To me they look like overwatered. Rockwool might absorbed a lot of water. Now i have some fans blowing on them and warm temps, to see what happens.
Also noticed some small rusty spots on some leafs.

All opinions are appreciated sirs🍀

Kind regards

IMG_20240214_132645.jpg
IMG_20240214_132928.jpgIMG_20240214_133002.jpgIMG_20240214_132705.jpgIMG_20240214_132945.jpgIMG_20240214_132801.jpg
IMG_20240214_160241.jpgIMG_20240214_160254.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning/afternoon/evening and night folks🙏🏼

Just finished cleaning and transfering the plants into the system last night. Some plants made really good root development in those kratky buckets.

Before i placed them into the system, i flushed those net pots with some 1% peroxide solution and gave them some top watering with new solution of 250ppm. Nutes ratios (calmag.green, brown,pink)1:1:1:1
Water temps around 20C, ph~6.0

Today they looking less happy, i think maybe i shouldn't top feed them. To me they look like overwatered. Rockwool might absorbed a lot of water. Now i have some fans blowing on them and warm temps, to see what happens.
Also noticed some small rusty spots on some leafs.

All opinions are appreciated sirs🍀

Kind regards

View attachment 44882
View attachment 44883View attachment 44884View attachment 44885View attachment 44886View attachment 44887
View attachment 44888View attachment 44889
Try lowering the ph to 5.8, i aim to the lower part ofthe range in veg. Range being 5.5 to 6.5 (i tend to stay between 5.8 and 6.2). There's plenty of ppms there if their hungry. No need to hand water when roots are in the water.

1707939773603.png
Screenshot_20230504-173927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240214_125344_Gallery.jpg

Smoke, thank you so much!!
Nice charts, corrected my PH already✌🏼

Darn'it, it's like 3rd time you telling me don't hand water when roots hit the water... Im prone to learning the hard way, sorry about that.

Thank you for your patience, i highly appreciate it 🤝🏼

Sorry I’ve been mia a couple days.

Can you get your temps up?

IMG_3666.png

With led lights low your leaf offset is not much so I put in 1

Your VPD is far too low. That bottom number should be much closer to 1. Like this

IMG_3668.png

Also yes 1% straight is tough on new roots. That is 10000 ppm and will kill everything including root cells. Hopefully it was a quick dip

Sorry I’ve been mia a couple days.

Can you get your temps up?

View attachment 45111

With led lights low your leaf offset is not much so I put in 1

Your VPD is far too low. That bottom number should be much closer to 1. Like this

View attachment 45112

Also yes 1% straight is tough on new roots. That is 10000 ppm and will kill everything including root cells. Hopefully it was a quick dip
Straight up 1% with no water, I can see that.

Moe hey!!! 🤝🏼😀

As i understand, 20 celcius is not optimum condition for VPD? Working on those temps as much as I can already.

Just for the record, what about peroxide. What concentration would be appropriate for rinsing those little plants? I know you told me to get some ppm strips, but im afraid its not possible atm.
And yes, that was a quick dip..🤯☢️

Since you have your lights turned down, perhaps you can back them away and turn them up to get the temps up? If you are actively adding humidity, bringing that down a touch would help as well.

1% H202 is 10,000 PPM
.1% = 1,000
.01% would be 100

I would want to dilute 1% 100:1 to get down to the 100PPM range before swishing things about. Then rinse with clean water when done so the h202 is not just sitting there in your media as there is no active washing of that media in your system.

So use something like 1mL to 1L water.

If you doubt what I am saying, clean your kitchen with straight 1% and no gloves. By the time you get done, your hands will be white(er).

Since you have your lights turned down, perhaps you can back them away and turn them up to get the temps up? If you are actively adding humidity, bringing that down a touch would help as well.

1% H202 is 10,000 PPM
.1% = 1,000
.01% would be 100

I would want to dilute 1% 100:1 to get down to the 100PPM range before swishing things about. Then rinse with clean water when done so the h202 is not just sitting there in your media as there is no active washing of that media in your system.

So use something like 1mL to 1L water.

If you doubt what I am saying, clean your kitchen with straight 1% and no gloves. By the time you get done, your hands will be white(er).

Greetings Bud Builder!!!🍀❤️

No doubts at all. I use peroxide all the time to treat wounds and scratches. I'm a field worker.

Ohhh maaan, that means that peroxide was absorbed into Rockwool cubes, slowly damaging the plant... Rinsing it with some plain water would help i guess.
But it is what it is🤓

Thanks for the insights🙏🏼

BTW Bud Builder = Moe.red in case you didn't catch that. When I am working on the admin stuff I log in differently and a PITA to keep switching accounts.
Just use the Mad Scientist pic I always post as your avatar! 😂

Back
Top Bottom