Question for breeders

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
So I have some skunk seeds from an Oklahoma skunk variety that is actually skunky. The problem is these plants herm if you look at them wrong. In fact they herm in perfect conditions. I had a lady that I seeded and was full of seeds and kept popping bananas all over. My question is how can I breed/refine this strain to get rid of this trait? I don’t even want to grow these because I know it will be seeded.

Attachments

• 5573BDA5-C5C7-432E-A3E3-032624610E5A.jpeg
    5573BDA5-C5C7-432E-A3E3-032624610E5A.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 8
Have you tried taking clones to see if that stops the herming? I've heard it can in many cases

That'd be what I'd try having no experience breeding...see if I can stabilize a couple male and females through cloning then maybe open pollinate and use those seeds?

You may want to do a deep dive read on Gorilla Glue #4. I believe one if not both of it's creators passed away in recent years so you may not be able to make direct contact but look into what Josey Whales and Lone Watty did with that strain.
Don't bother with copycats or replicas by other breeders, focus on that pairs work. The origins of that strain is something of hermie legend and sounds a lot like your plant.
If we could rewind the clock to 2013, it would be like you're sitting on the future of a cut like GG#4 today. I'd read up on GG#4 origins and take notes on what next step to take.

You may want to do a deep dive read on Gorilla Glue #4. I believe one if not both of it's creators passed away in recent years so you may not be able to make direct contact but look into what Josey Whales and Lone Watty did with that strain.
Don't bother with copycats or replicas by other breeders, focus on that pairs work. The origins of that strain is something of hermie legend and sounds a lot like your plant.
If we could rewind the clock to 2013, it would be like you're sitting on the future of a cut like GG#4 today. I'd read up on GG#4 origins and take notes on what next step to take.
This sounds like solid adviceđź‘Ť

I've tried and failed every time so far. This time I bred a male Mexican to a female that didn't herm, all the other females hermed. So far 2 out of two hermed. You would need a big population to breed the trait out imo.

Back
Top Bottom