Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
11/04/2023

Temp - 81.4*
Humidity - 62%
VPD - 1.39 kPa
DLI - 23

Plants are in their final home. Floraflex Matrix plates have been ordered. Once they show up I'll start setting up the auto irrigate. Looking to flip them in a couple weeks.

Florida Strawberry is the monocrop cultivar this round.

Plants set in place.jpg

Last edited:
Very clean!!looks great bro.how is your hand mending?
Pretty good. Rehab mommas are telling me I should be 100% in the next 8 weeks or so. Honestly, I'd be surprised if I was able to get 100% back but the few rehab sessions I've had I've seen really good progress. I told my therapist she doesn't need to tell me that to keep my spirits up. I fucked up. I own it. If it's 85% then that's what it is but right now I'm at about 75% and I still have a couple months of therapy to go so if progress continues the way it is I may not need that much therapy but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for asking! (y)

Pretty good. Rehab mommas are telling me I should be 100% in the next 8 weeks or so. Honestly, I'd be surprised if I was able to get 100% back but the few rehab sessions I've had I've seen really good progress. I told my therapist she doesn't need to tell me that to keep my spirits up. I fucked up. I own it. If it's 85% then that's what it is but right now I'm at about 75% and I still have a couple months of therapy to go so if progress continues the way it is I may not need that much therapy but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for asking! (y)
Did it mess up you guitar playing.

Did it mess up you guitar playing.
I can play basic chord structures but I'm going to have to retrain my pinky to stretch like I used to be able to to get those good Chuck Berry rhythms going. I tried to play some blues solos by playing along with Christone "Kingfish" Ingram but I need more therapy to get that dexterity back. I'm not too worried if I don't get it all back playing wise as I'm not playing professionally anymore. What I have now and what I expect from therapy should get me to a point I can pretty much play anything other than solos from Yngwie Malmsteen or Joe Bonamasso. Those guys were too good and fast for me even before the accident.

11/04/2023

Temp - 81.4*
Humidity - 62%
VPD - 1.39 kPa
DLI - 23

Plants are in their final home. Floraflex Matrix plates have been ordered. Once they show up I'll start setting up the auto irrigate. Looking to flip them in a couple weeks.

Florida Strawberry is the monocrop cultivar this round.

View attachment 28380
soil? foxfarm? or coco/perl ?

Man 5' x 5' is 25 square feet. Commercial is 4' x 4' or 16 square feet and has a minimum plant count of 9. I forgot you know all of this. Why such a low plant count? I would get all my equipment up off the ground and get the plant count up. More plants = more bud!
9 was my original plan but I could only get 6 to root and with everything else I decided to just veg a little longer and go that route.

9 was my original plan but I could only get 6 to root and with everything else I decided to just veg a little longer and go that route.
You only take as many clones as you plan on flowering? I ALWAYS take extras 50 percent extra are cut and about 98 percent root. An extra 20 percent are put into veg and then selections are made.

You only take as many clones as you plan on flowering? I ALWAYS take extras 50 percent extra are cut and about 98 percent root. An extra 20 percent are put into veg and then selections are made.
I was one handed at the time and not planning on raising another grow but since I'm rehabbing I ain't going anywhere for now.

Well if you need some help let me know. I will do what I can with genetics to help you out.
Hope the rehab is going well!!
Still got some of that Gary Payton? I've never grown that cultivar and have always wanted to. I remember you having it or using it to cross breed? Seed would be great as I have a backlog of them and keeping a clone to mother isn't an option until I flower the mothers I currently have in my little momma tent.

11/11/2023

Temp - 80.7*
Humidity - 58%
VPD - 1.50 kPa
DLI - 38

I had to back off the lights a hair as the DLI was getting too high and the fan leaves at the top were just starting to taco. I'm going to FIM the girls and do some light cleanup underneath now that it's lights on so that when I get the screen in place I won't have so much cleanup to do on lollipop.

Waiting on a few parts to arrive in the mail tomorrow to finish off my auto irrigate. Once that is in place I'll net the plants and flip the light schedule. Plant branches are starting to wood up so I need to get these netted in the next couple days or I could LST them now, before I FIM, and get them ready for the net but I think I'll let them go as it's only a couple days more until I start bending so I don't think it'll be worth the work.

Couple things....I wanted to mention what great Customer Service I got from AC Infinity. My T3 humidifier's probe input got loose somehow and was wiggling around. I sent a message to Nick from ACI explaining what was happening and if there was some way for me to fix this. He replied by sending me an invoice for another T3 but with zero at the bottom of the invoice being shipped to me. He replaced the humidifier with zero hassle. I told him the other was working but just a little wonky. He said dispose of it as I saw fit. The new one arrived and is working beautifully.

I setup the FloraFlex Matrix plates waiting for the rest of the irrigation system to arrive so I decided to hand water with them. They worked great. Complete media saturation with whatever runoff I desired. Love it. Can't wait to get the system together and dialed in.

11112023pre net.jpg

Last edited:
11/15/2023

Temp - 81.5*
Humidity - 58%
VPD - 1.59 kPa
DLI - 41
Leaf Temp - 80*

The plants were getting a little too tall for my liking and I can't wait for the last part to my DIY irrigation to arrive being another couple days so I went ahead and netted the girls as some of the branches were starting to wood up on me and that would be no bueno when it came time to bend them under the net. I'll flip sometime next week after I get my irrigation going and I get underneath and clean up under the canopy. I also want to wait until the leaves orient themselves so I know what needs to be removed and what can stay.

I tried to orient the branches to accommodate for stretch so that I fill the net and have a field of colas going vertical by end of stretch and beginning of flower set.

I also need to hang the oscillator and the tent heater. I have to dial back the temp setpoint on the heater as the air around the floor of the tent is cooler than at canopy so I'm going to hang it around 18" above the canopy so that when it's operating its not blowing hot air directly on any of the plants. The fan just needs to be out of the way. I can build a shelf for it in the corner or hang it upside down.

Of course I'm going to go the harder route and try and build a shelf for it!

11152023 smash tuck.jpg

11/17/2023

Temp - 80.2°
Humidity - 59%
VPD - 1.49 kPa
DLI - 41
Leaf Temp - 79°

Looks like the leaves are starting to acclimate to getting smashed under the net and are finding their way to the light. Feeling a little under the weather so I'll get under the canopy and clean up when I'm feeling better. Looks like flip will be tomorrow to start the stretch phase of the grow.

On a side note, SSHZ was kind enough to offer up to our members a brand new Phlizon PL-2000 he had won in a raffle for free so I took it. It should work well in extending the light coverage I want in the tent. I currently have two 275 watt COBs that'll cover maybe a 4 x 4 but if I want sufficient edge PPFD I need to move them closer to the backwall. This will leave room for me to mount the Phlizon light and should give me pretty much edge to edge coverage!!

I was going to use the VS1500 Pro as supplemental light but I won't need to now and can put it back into my 2 x 2. The Phlizon has 50 extra watts and is longer than the XS1500 Pro which works out nicely in the tent. Total wattage in the tent with the new light will bump it up to 750w. I have a few clones rooting so they should be rooted by next week and I will stick them in the 2 x 2 and veg for a couple weeks then into flower.

11172023.jpg

im trying to find the picture of the nearly 5 foot plant with a root zone the size of you're palm...

11/17/2023

Temp - 80.2°
Humidity - 59%
VPD - 1.49 kPa
DLI - 41
Leaf Temp - 79°

Looks like the leaves are starting to acclimate to getting smashed under the net and are finding their way to the light. Feeling a little under the weather so I'll get under the canopy and clean up when I'm feeling better. Looks like flip will be tomorrow to start the stretch phase of the grow.

On a side note, SSHZ was kind enough to offer up to our members a brand new Phlizon PL-2000 he had won in a raffle for free so I took it. It should work well in extending the light coverage I want in the tent. I currently have two 275 watt COBs that'll cover maybe a 4 x 4 but if I want sufficient edge PPFD I need to move them closer to the backwall. This will leave room for me to mount the Phlizon light and should give me pretty much edge to edge coverage!!

I was going to use the VS1500 Pro as supplemental light but I won't need to now and can put it back into my 2 x 2. The Phlizon has 50 extra watts and is longer than the XS1500 Pro which works out nicely in the tent. Total wattage in the tent with the new light will bump it up to 750w. I have a few clones rooting so they should be rooted by next week and I will stick them in the 2 x 2 and veg for a couple weeks then into flower.

View attachment 30437
nice

Back
Top Bottom