Shaded's Corner Reborn

@Aqua Man im sure there is something in these stores around me i just do not know what to look for , like the other day when you were talking about i could just get some buffered peat moss and perlite to grow in , well how do i know it's buffered none of the packages i look at say anything about it being buffered or not
If they list lime products they are PH buffered. Usually dolomite lime.

For micros you can look for micros doing a search of that word on your local store’s website i would think

@Aqua Man im sure there is something in these stores around me i just do not know what to look for , like the other day when you were talking about i could just get some buffered peat moss and perlite to grow in , well how do i know it's buffered none of the packages i look at say anything about it being buffered or not
E1709728-370A-4D3B-860E-8A1A2690B1A7.jpeg
CF00FB36-5A4C-4844-934A-C29F4308C433.jpeg

On the back or online it lists what’s in it.

I couldn’t get this locally this year so G$ recommended ProMix HP. He can’t get the HP local so he gets ProMix BX I think. Then adds extra perlite, like 25% iirc.

This is the HP contents.
1CA99B59-8724-427C-9F70-60E6C597D1C3.jpg

Can you post what you do think is okay/good in stock in your area?

View attachment 5304
View attachment 5305

I couldn’t get this locally this year so G$ recommended ProMix HP. He can’t get the HP local so he gets ProMix BX I think. Then adds extra perlite, like 25% iirc.

This is the HP contents.
View attachment 5307

yep. i add some EWC and put some mycorrhizae in the hole i'm about to put my plant in. I've learned a lot from these very knowledgeable folks here on this site.

View attachment 5304
View attachment 5305

This is the HP contents.
View attachment 5307

the next time i go i will take some pics there is just so much stuff u go and there is 100 different kinds of soil/media and 100 different kinds of fertilizers
i went the other day and looked and there nutes and there was nothing there at all they said azomite or trace minerals that was home depot and at lowes its 95 percent miracle grow shit
im ok with what i been using but if i could make it better i would

the next time i go i will take some pics there is just so much stuff u go and there is 100 different kinds of soil/media and 100 different kinds of fertilizers
i went the other day and looked and there nutes and there was nothing there at all they said azomite or trace minerals that was home depot and at lowes its 95 percent miracle grow shit
im ok with what i been using but if i could make it better i would
Trust me I get it. Just don’t stress over it.

Do what you can with what you have available. If you think something is better post and ask. Don’t think anyone here would leave you hanging.

there isnt a hydro store withen 60 miles of me there is nothing but walmart lowes home depot
What about Ace Hardware? I have been getting my nutes from them. HD and Lowes couldn't compete and/or did not have. I got 12lb of Dr. Earths 3-9-4 Flower Girl shipped to a store for free then I picked up. Was like $36 and I felt that was a good deal. I would not have thought to check Ace Hardware for shit like I do Lowes/HD but now they are above both of them imo

Thanks PT! 👊

Not looking forward to the trim circus in a week but this is the price we pay for freedom lol

I hear you bro. Add in wicked OA, CTS, and Ulnar Neuropathy and trim jail becomes quite the hurdle. I "appear" to have 8 strains that will need to be harvested 5-7 weeks ahead and I'm just going to not think about it at all as if someone else will be handling it 😆
Now that I think of it, we should have(or is there already) a "How to make Trim Jail suck balls less" thread 🤗

What about Ace Hardware? I have been getting my nutes from them. HD and Lowes couldn't compete and/or did not have. I got 12lb of Dr. Earths 3-9-4 Flower Girl shipped to a store for free then I picked up. Was like $36 and I felt that was a good deal. I would not have thought to check Ace Hardware for shit like I do Lowes/HD but now they are above both of them imo
there is an ace hardware i will check them out

i was reading back into your thread and i think you said you liked the rock dust better then azomite is that correct ? because im getting something this weekend either in store or online
Glacial rock dust by Gaia Green is good. I've also used azomite by down to earth.

I shop Robinsons Ace Hardware 7 miles away, its the same as any regular Ace, its just privately owned by a local guy so he gets all my business. Especially when a bale of promix is 56 dollars there vs 200 shipped to my door. Ive been dealing with Judd for almost 4 years, i never go to lowes or HD unless i need lumber.

I hear you bro. Add in wicked OA, CTS, and Ulnar Neuropathy and trim jail becomes quite the hurdle. I "appear" to have 8 strains that will need to be harvested 5-7 weeks ahead and I'm just going to not think about it at all as if someone else will be handling it 😆
Now that I think of it, we should have(or is there already) a "How to make Trim Jail suck balls less" thread 🤗
Company is my secret. Even if they dont help trim, it helps me to have someone nearby to bullshit and smoke doobs with. Otherwise i lose my focus within 15 minutes and just end up trimming when i need more, which sucks balls.

Company is my secret. Even if they dont help trim, it helps me to have someone nearby to bullshit and smoke doobs with. Otherwise i lose my focus within 15 minutes and just end up trimming when i need more, which sucks balls.
so is the ace near me locally own only they have prices on the shelfs because the price can change before u get to the register lol

so is the ace near me locally own only they have prices on the shelfs because the price can change before u get to the register lol
Man i hate the places that dont update prices.
This guy Judd Robinson owns 4 maybe 5 stores all within 10 miles of me just different directions so its a pretty reliable place to shop for me.

Last edited:
there isnt a hydro store withen 60 miles of me there is nothing but walmart lowes home depot
My Lowe’s and either Rona or Home Depot carry Pro-Mix HP & BX which surprised me. But it more $$.

Sorry, just checked again. Rona is the only one left and doesn’t seem to have HP now.

i was reading back into your thread and i think you said you liked the rock dust better then azomite is that correct ? because im getting something this weekend either in store or online

Just purely at a consistency level. The GG Rock Dust was way more water soluble, Azomite tends to "clump" and form a layer on the soil when you top dress it in.

It's a personal preference thing :)

~Getting things all set & prepared for flower time in about a week 🧙🏼‍♂️

Each 7 gallon pot today received:

1/4 cup of Epsom Salts
1/4 cup of Gypsum
1/4 cup of Azomite
3/4 cup of Gaia Green 444
3/4 cup of Gaia Green 284
2-3 cups of base soil mix
3 cups of EWC

546C70A5-DEA8-48B4-906A-09A63130D6CB.jpegA4011FCC-5663-4F19-87C4-9DEF448227C2.jpeg

1 tip -- have some black sandpaper, the kind that takes water. Use alcohol instead of water and clean your shears every few minutes. Makes the shears more effective, less goo adherence. You can also sharpen with a quick stropping motion. Stem cell therapy for the Ulnar Neuropathy?

View attachment 5304
View attachment 5305

This is the HP contents.
View attachment 5307

Sunshine #4 mix is buffered.

The main difference between Sunshine #4 mix and most of the Pro-mix line is Sunshine has more perlite.

~Getting things all set & prepared for flower time in about a week 🧙🏼‍♂️

Each 7 gallon pot today received:

1/4 cup of Epsom Salts
1/4 cup of Gypsum
1/4 cup of Azomite
3/4 cup of Gaia Green 444
3/4 cup of Gaia Green 284
2-3 cups of base soil mix
3 cups of EWC

View attachment 5507View attachment 5508
Man, i was way underfeeding the Gaia Prolly why i struggled so much, i only followed the tub it came in🤣

1 tip -- have some black sandpaper, the kind that takes water. Use alcohol instead of water and clean your shears every few minutes. Makes the shears more effective, less goo adherence. You can also sharpen with a quick stropping motion. Stem cell therapy for the Ulnar Neuropathy?

Good thinking with the sandpaper and thanks. I also noticed that when using the right disposable gloves, the resin "pills" and doesn't stick to the gloves and allows for easy hash ball making.
As for stem cell therapy, if money were no option I'd get it in every joint I have for sure. I did have an epidural in my spine 2 times to try to help with degenerative disk disease and spinal stenosis but it didn't work either time. I'm a hot mess and gotta get my shiz together this year or else

@Shaded Does this seem like a good deal to you?

Honestly? No not at all. They are just throwing in a bunch of stuff that you may or may not need or ever use, or are just charging you way too much for the amount given.

1685893339713.png

These are pretty much the primary nutes you need from their lineup. I can get the smaller containers for under $12 from my Hydro store, the larger 22lb bags are around $55 and that's what I buy.

I can get a 30lb bag of EWC for around $35cdn.
I order that MYKOS brand off Amazon for ~$60cdn and the bag has lasted me a few grow cycles now

Where are you located @GoodShit97 ?

Honestly? No not at all. They are just throwing in a bunch of stuff that you may or may not need or ever use, or are just charging you way too much for the amount given.

View attachment 5547

These are pretty much the primary nutes you need from their lineup. I can get the smaller containers for under $12 from my Hydro store, the larger 22lb bags are around $55 and that's what I buy.

I can get a 30lb bag of EWC for around $35cdn.
I order that MYKOS brand off Amazon for ~$60cdn and the bag has lasted me a few grow cycles now

Where are you located @GoodShit97 ?
I didnt feel it was that great a deal either, just figured id see. Im in NY so i dont really have much around me yet store wise. I order most of my nutrients online

Back
Top Bottom