Shaded's Corner Reborn

I didnt feel it was that great a deal either, just figured id see. Im in NY so i dont really have much around me yet store wise. I order most of my nutrients online
Get some basic organic fertilizers, learn the balance, then find a local farmers co-op and you can build your own fertilizer for significantly cheaper! Its work though hahaha.

I learned to tweak the gaia green with Shaded's addition of gypsum and epsom, but my last grow was chicken manure, bone meal, langbeinite, epsom, and gypsum. $1.78/kg for veg, $2.51/kg for flower, vs $4-5/kg for the big bag of gaia green or $12.50/kg for the buckets of gaia green.

Once you get the balance right and experience with the pre-blended fertilizers it gets a lot easier to mix your own from raw ingredients which you can find easier and cheaper at farmer's co-ops, even home depot has most of the ingredients except the langbeinite.

Get some basic organic fertilizers, learn the balance, then find a local farmers co-op and you can build your own fertilizer for significantly cheaper! Its work though hahaha.

I learned to tweak the gaia green with Shaded's addition of gypsum and epsom, but my last grow was chicken manure, bone meal, langbeinite, epsom, and gypsum. $1.78/kg for veg, $2.51/kg for flower, vs $4-5/kg for the big bag of gaia green or $12.50/kg for the buckets of gaia green.

Once you get the balance right and experience with the pre-blended fertilizers it gets a lot easier to mix your own from raw ingredients which you can find easier and cheaper at farmer's co-ops, even home depot has most of the ingredients except the langbeinite.
I would like to mix my own nutrients but no time or patience for that lmao. Ill honestly pay the extra for the convenience

~Getting things all set & prepared for flower time in about a week 🧙🏼‍♂️

Each 7 gallon pot today received:

1/4 cup of Epsom Salts
1/4 cup of Gypsum
1/4 cup of Azomite
3/4 cup of Gaia Green 444
3/4 cup of Gaia Green 284
2-3 cups of base soil mix
3 cups of EWC

View attachment 5507View attachment 5508
looking good there wizard man. where did you get your trellis?

1 tip -- have some black sandpaper, the kind that takes water. Use alcohol instead of water and clean your shears every few minutes. Makes the shears more effective, less goo adherence. You can also sharpen with a quick stropping motion. Stem cell therapy for the Ulnar Neuropathy?
is that isopropyl alcohol you use? i have 99% isopropyl here.

Hey all. I didn't want to create a post for my question and sorry if it's been said; but i couldn't find anything on how to Clean your grow tent after each use. I use to have that info on the other site.

Hey all. I didn't want to create a post for my question and sorry if it's been said; but i couldn't find anything on how to Clean your grow tent after each use. I use to have that info on the other site.
I use bleach and water in a spray bottle and spray then wipe down with paper towel.

I also spray fans while running as they can be PM super spreaders.

If you have a liner across the bottom to catch spills like most tents come with, you will likely find that underneath is a pest haven, so pulling that up and cleaning with bleach is also a good idea.

looking good there wizard man. where did you get your trellis?

Hey thanks bud! Just doing my best to play monster wrangler 🧙‍♂️ I believe it was two of the AC Infinity 5x5 off Amazon and then I just merged them with the included velcro straps. Doesn't get right to the edges but works well enough 🤙

ISO is the best / cheapest cleaner for weed goo.

You can use Ethanol too, but that is expensive and taxed here as drinking alcohol.

+1

(has to be the 99% stuff, anything less is rubbish unless you are just doing general wipe downs)

I use bleach and water in a spray bottle and spray then wipe down with paper towel.

If you have a liner across the bottom to catch spills like most tents come with, you will likely find that underneath is a pest haven, so pulling that up and cleaning with bleach is also a good idea.
ok thanks. i also heard of adding hydrogen peroxide to water and spray down everything inside. and let dry. have you heard of using H2O2

Hey thanks bud! Just doing my best to play monster wrangler 🧙‍♂️ I believe it was two of the AC Infinity 5x5 off Amazon and then I just merged them with the included velcro straps. Doesn't get right to the edges but works well enough 🤙

+1

(has to be the 99% stuff, anything less is rubbish unless you are just doing general wipe downs)
awesome. thanks

I use .5 gallon of bleach to 1.5 gallons of water in a pump sprayer. I spray everything down and close my tent with fans all on high, and let it air dry. Then i spray again and wipe down with paper towels.

You can also use ISO but imo, anything higher than 70% i feel evaporates before it can actually do anything. So any cleaning i do i use 50% or 70% iso unless cleaning bongs, then its 91% or 99%

I like to take my fans apart as far as they come apart and clean everything, i blow the motors out with my air compressor too.

I use .5 gallon of bleach to 1.5 gallons of water in a pump sprayer. I spray everything down and close my tent with fans all on high, and let it air dry. Then i spray again and wipe down with paper towels.

You can also use ISO but imo, anything higher than 70% i feel evaporates before it can actually do anything. So any cleaning i do i use 50% or 70% iso unless cleaning bongs, then its 91% or 99%

I like to take my fans apart as far as they come apart and clean everything, i blow the motors out with my air compressor too.
thanks

ok thanks. i also heard of adding hydrogen peroxide to water and spray down everything inside. and let dry. have you heard of using H2O2
Yes peroxide works too for microbial life. Plain water works for pollen and fungus spores. If it is crawling peroxide may not be as effective as bleach.

How do you feel about these or the bleach ones?
002C65B0-7260-411F-A0C4-31D196E6A9C3.jpeg

How do you feel about these or the bleach ones?
View attachment 5739
I use them for a wipedown before i flip to flower.

Yes, i pull all my plants out and clean my tents when i go to flower. I lost 2 crops to mildew so i keep things extra clean now.
If rh goes above 50 i freak out.

Yup that will actually be better. You can use that through the whole grow. Wipe up spills, keep it clean all the time.

Take a close look at any fan tho and if you can remove the inner shroud to expose the blade and leave it off. Easier to clean and more efficient, just don't stick your #Cirroji in it.

Your absolutely right about the ISO even in mushroom cultivation its 70% hand hand sanitizer 50-70% otherwise it evaporates to fast and the other point is if i remember correctly it wont be absorbed into the cell to destroy it

Your absolutely right about the ISO even in mushroom cultivation its 70% hand hand sanitizer 50-70% otherwise it evaporates to fast and the other point is if i remember correctly it wont be absorbed into the cell to destroy it
It was something i learned from gnick. He was the first person i went to when i found PM on my plants because he had it on his future 1 at the same time i had it.

He told me clean everything with 99% iso but mix it 50/50 in water because 99% evaporates before it can kill anything.
I would use more like a 60iso/40water mix myself if i was using 99% to clean anything.
He is also the reason i pull anything that can come apart, all the way apart and clean it. He pretty much scared me into deep cleaning all my shit, and now i even clean in the middle of a grow when i change to 12/12.

Yup that will actually be better. You can use that through the whole grow. Wipe up spills, keep it clean all the time.

Take a close look at any fan tho and if you can remove the inner shroud to expose the blade and leave it off. Easier to clean and more efficient, just don't stick your #Cirroji in it.
T6 on the roof I break down after each grow and wipe. Nylon stocking covers intake to T6.

S6(?) or inline booster fan in wrap in a nylon stocking with knot at cord. Vacuum both sides of fans weekly or as needed. Replace and wash old one as needed or every grow. Usually replace, wash, use for tea, toss.

I leave the shroud to support it. Or do I misunderstand? And yes, it’s vacuum day/night. I use 6” to handle the resistance of the stocking. Also seems to circulate air around the roots. Used a cat toy to check.
2E901782-7BBA-4105-AAAD-CF06EFB2753E.jpeg

I also wipe down everything inside. Blades, shaft, motor, screws. Coils are wrapped so not to hard but new still.
Wipes fit well. Let them sit a bit before new stocking is tied on.

Last edited:
Hey @Shaded
Is $56 dollars shipped to my door a lot for a 22lb bag of 444?
I recall you saying 50 or something locally for you but now i cant find where we talked about that.
if you live in the USA i'd say no. i paid $37 for a 5 lb bag of 444. it's a good deal

Yes the 22lb bag is $55+ GST locally here in Canuckland. Shipped to your door that's a good deal imo.

View attachment 5879
Right on. I found it at 56, posted here, went back and it was 95! Go figure.
But growgreenMI has a bundle for 120. Its 22 lb bags of 444 and 284. Free shipping. So ill be ordering that this week and getting back to running your method.
My 3x3 was my second attempt at your recipe, happiest/healthiest plants ive ever grown. Only difference is im finishing the last few weeks with botanicare pureblend bloom cause im out of gaia green and got a gallon of this botanicare for free lol.

Back
Top Bottom