Shaded's Corner Reborn

~weekly Monday update

About week 2 of flower at this point and starting to see much more budding than I was expecting. No complaints here. The smell is also really strong considering there is hardly any flower present. I'm looking forward to this I really enjoyed my last grow of this strain.

View attachment 8622

View attachment 8623
off the chain 🧙‍♂️ I legit get relaxed looking at how much room your gals have. Healthy af no doubt. Keep up the great work. What do you think may be the last week you intend to top dress if had to guess?

This salami strain something you made or just something you got? I just thought it sounded kinda tasty, greasy peppery goodness haha. Not to say it isn't still tasty.

I'm with ya on the skunk gas thing. Truly my favorite smoke, I'm a fan of anything loud.

The food names kill me nothing tastes like the name for the most part. I had some apple kush in 2006 that tasted like a granny Smith, some dj shorts blueberry from time to time that really hit the blueberry notes, a few grape strains that were on point, and a mango kush that did taste like mangos but come to find out that was just green crack renamed. I had strawberry banana from a buddy a few weeks back, tasted like neither...

Still haven't had any apples and banana, or any of the apple fritter....can't say there

Got a local buddy running a strain called hi c that's supposed to take like a ecto cooler hi c, we'll see
I am right there with ya about liking when the terps match the strain name, especially the old-school strains. Really digging this Bubba Kush expressions of bubblegum. Very excited about it because I can't honestly say I have had any in a good 20-25 years.

oOo apples and banana you say? I will save you a bean of something that just recently landed called ABS(apple banana shugga) from a local breeder I saw make this.

“Shhuga” hunted rare pheno of Sugar Cane from Inhouse Genetics- (Slurricane (Dosidos x Purple Punch) x Platinum. Pheno chosen has sugary, gassy, toffee like terp profile. Very potent, extreme trichome production, super short 45 day flowering time.

“Apple Banana” hunted pheno of White Apple Runtz from Starfire Genetix- (White Runtz Cut x Apples & Bananas Cut (Compound Genetics). Pheno chosen terp profile reminiscent of Apple and Banana Candy. Very potent, heavy trichome production, monstrous yields.

I found it in a bag of tree haha super luck. Maybe we all interpret terpenes different? I bought this one bag of tree back in 2015 that tasted like fruity fucking pebbles. I couldn't get enough of it. And it didn't even appear to look all that crazy.
Man I swear I had a strain a few grows ago that was the best smelling plant I've grown yet by far. It smelled EXACTLY like fruity pebbles. Never made my bae smell my fingers more in my life 🤣 Every other day " WENDY! WENDY! COME HERE A SEC PLEASE!" 😆

It was Sunset Sherbert from Greenhouse Seed Co 🙏

I am right there with ya about liking when the terps match the strain name, especially the old-school strains. Really digging this Bubba Kush expressions of bubblegum. Very excited about it because I can't honestly say I have had any in a good 20-25 years.

oOo apples and banana you say? I will save you a bean of something that just recently landed called ABS(apple banana shugga) from a local breeder I saw make this.

“Shhuga” hunted rare pheno of Sugar Cane from Inhouse Genetics- (Slurricane (Dosidos x Purple Punch) x Platinum. Pheno chosen has sugary, gassy, toffee like terp profile. Very potent, extreme trichome production, super short 45 day flowering time.

“Apple Banana” hunted pheno of White Apple Runtz from Starfire Genetix- (White Runtz Cut x Apples & Bananas Cut (Compound Genetics). Pheno chosen terp profile reminiscent of Apple and Banana Candy. Very potent, heavy trichome production, monstrous yields.
That sounds excellent, been a long time fan of the Platinum strains so to see that in the mix, that sounds like me to a T. Are you running it currently or is it in line for a future grow. Forgive me hard to keep track of who all has what currently going! Definitely interested to follow that along

That critical magic sounds enticing....the wiz is playing with magic...oh shit I see what your doing over there @Shaded

Last edited:
That sounds excellent, been a long time fan of the Platinum strains so to see that in the mix, that sounds like me to a T. Are you running it currently or is it in line for a future grow. Forgive me hard to keep track of who all has what currently going! Definitely interested to follow that along

That critical magic sounds enticing....the wiz is playing with magic...oh shit I see what your doing over there @Shaded

1687282204504.png

even the lineage has the name Bilbo in it 🧙‍♂️ this was meant to be @MDK

off the chain 🧙‍♂️ I legit get relaxed looking at how much room your gals have. Healthy af no doubt. Keep up the great work. What do you think may be the last week you intend to top dress if had to guess?

Thanks PT! I've been loving life in the 5x10 aside from the atrocious temperatures I've been struggling with. No sloths or zen music like your space but I'll slowly get there. They were fed 1 week before I went to 12/12, and they will get another feed at about week 3 so around July 1st they will get a top dress and then 4 weeks later around week 7 I will give them their final feed.

No I'm currently growing 7 different strains in 2 x 4x4s but after these are done I am going a tent with ABS and a tent with his other strain called GSK(Grape Shugga Kookiez

“Grape Cookiez” hunted pheno of Grape Cookiez from South Beach Genetics (rare) (Grape Stomper x Cherry Pie x Wedding Cake F4). With help of a fellow grower we have found that it is same strain going as “Grape Cake” by Seed Junky which I believe came later. Pheno chosen had strong Sweet Grape and slight cherry terp profile with added flavors of cookies/cake. Very potent, heavy trichomes, heavy yields.

Hah yeah he is. It is said his Wand is actually made of petrified Thai Stick found only in Narnia. He defeated armies from 8 planets single-handedly. He is a legend no doubt

View attachment 8828

even the lineage has the name Bilbo in it 🧙‍♂️ this was meant to be @MDK
hah no way a coincidence. Was meant to be
Thanks PT! I've been loving life in the 5x10 aside from the atrocious temperatures I've been struggling with. No sloths or zen music like your space but I'll slowly get there. They were fed 1 week before I went to 12/12, and they will get another feed at about week 3 so around July 1st they will get a top dress and then 4 weeks later around week 7 I will give them their final feed.
Awesome! ok right on then and I will plan for another feeding around 10 days from meow and will also look again at about what Aqua said and you agreed about adding a bit more ES. Sweeet ya made my day ya damn cloak wearer

I can vouch for next generation seeds that make critical magic. I had a diff strain that had some seeds/nanners at the end but it was still top tier bud although I believe I learned that plants that develop seeds take a bit longer to finish. Seeds and nanners don't scare me anymore. I'm now only afraid of pollen sacs

I can vouch for next generation seeds that make critical magic. I had a diff strain that had some seeds/nanners at the end but it was still top tier bud although I believe I learned that plants that develop seeds take a bit longer to finish. Seeds and nanners don't scare me anymore. I'm now only afraid of pollen sacs

I don't think I got any nanners on the CM, but I did on the Island Sweet Skunk that was in the closet last year. But that's probably due to the 34-36c temps and perhaps not entirely genetics? lol

Either way...I ordered 15 CM seeds, 10 Grape God, 10 Romulan, and got 5 Desert Eagle freebies from the guys over at Next Gen. So I will grow them out over the next couple of years.

I don't think I got any nanners on the CM, but I did on the Island Sweet Skunk that was in the closet last year. But that's probably due to the 34-36c temps and perhaps not entirely genetics? lol

Either way...I ordered 15 CM seeds, 10 Grape God, 10 Romulan, and got 5 Desert Eagle freebies from the guys over at Next Gen. So I will grow them out over the next couple of years.
Na it's genetics bro I had actual mature seeds in mine. Don't ever doubt yourself again or i'll kill ya. Jkjk :giggle:

edit: mine was BC Purps

~weekly Monday update. About week 3 of flower.

This has been a Lightbulb weekend for me for sure. Learning and growing pains after going from a buttery smooth 4x4 to a 5x10 running wild and just things I was not paying attention to or taking for granted. My major issue the last ~2 grows has been VPD. I thought that the sheer increase of plant matter was the reason behind my insane humidity spikes of +90% during lights off. Some of you may also remember me complaining about strange smells coming from my carbon filter as well back at the other place. Temps have been out of control to the point where I was crippling my lights trying to fight heat. I brought in a little A/C unit across the hall and was still having issues with temps. I completely removed the carbon filter and my temperature & humidity issue was resolved in one fell swoop! I have turned my lights up again. I was also dealing with nutrient availability issues from not running any EWC, that will never be an issue from here on out. And finally I am slowly realizing that my tent is letting in a LOT more sun through the edges of the blinds than I originally had thought, and my passive intakes need to be addressed ASAP. I have some work to do this week in that regard. So to sum it up:

-general VPD out of whack due to carbon filter throttling the CFM of exhaust fan
-figured I could get by without EWC, nope
-tent light leaks via passive intakes

Macro/micro top dress coming up this weekend and I will get down on my stomach to crawl around and do some final trimming either today or tomorrow to get everything set for the push to the end and minimize larf.

IMG-4358.jpg
IMG-4359.jpg
View attachment IMG_4360.MOV

I gotta think it feels good to find the solution to a problem like that going into full flower power. Same shit made me think about a dedicated exhaust fan outside for scrubbing and not keep the filter on either of my grow space exhausts because they work so much better w/out.

Beautiful. So question I thought u were top dressing with a cup of EWC every 2 weeks what do you mean get by w/o ewc

I ran out of EWC and didn't buy any more. Don't ask me why. Microbes are not optional.

I gotta think it feels good to find the solution to a problem like that going into full flower power. Same shit made me think about a dedicated exhaust fan outside for scrubbing and not keep the filter on either of my grow space exhausts because they work so much better w/out.

I really would love to exhaust directly out my window, or even into my dryer vent but it's just not possible. I'm kind of stuck with a spare bedroom that I can't really heavily modify and it's a constant cat & mouse game of temperatures and humidity.

It kind of surprised me how much the scrubber impacted the flow rate!

It kind of surprised me how much the scrubber impacted the flow rate!
I took my carbon filters off recently too, i noticed the same thing you did.
But on my 4x4, i took my filter and put it after the fan and didnt notice a drop in functionality like i did when it was before the fan.

But on my 4x4, i took my filter and put it after the fan and didnt notice a drop in functionality like i did when it was before the fan.
I saw a video where they showed the difference in how the filter performs pre fan vs post fan. They did a smoke test where they had the filter pre fan and you could see the smoke entering the filter mostly on the 3rd of the filter closest to the fan mouth. When they mounted it after the fan you saw how the entire filter is utilized. Granted it's now blowing out of the filter rather than getting sucked in but it was interesting to see the difference between the two different mountings.

@Shaded - Do you have a window you can direct the exhaust air out of? In my office I have the duct pushed up against the screen with the window frame keeping it in place and a filler to block out any outside air from coming in. From the outside you can see the duct so I'm going to put a grill in front of it that spans the window so that I can also run the two 2 x 2's I have out of there too and keep it stealth if anyone decides to be back there that shouldn't.

I have the double casement sliding windows so I can open them from the top or bottom. I currently have it going out the bottom but I'm going to switch that up when I install the grill and mount it at the top as that will reduce the amount of turns in the duct for the 5 x 5 and allow me to run duct from the 2 x 2's without the duct obstructing anything.

The window is 36" wide. This is the grill I want to use to hide the ducts while still having adequate airflow.

Exhaust grill.jpg

My carbon filter was post-exhaust filtering, so I had it as the very last thing attached to the outside of the tent.

I saw a video where they showed the difference in how the filter performs pre fan vs post fan. They did a smoke test where they had the filter pre fan and you could see the smoke entering the filter mostly on the 3rd of the filter closest to the fan mouth. When they mounted it after the fan you saw how the entire filter is utilized. Granted it's now blowing out of the filter rather than getting sucked in but it was interesting to see the difference between the two different mountings.

@Shaded - Do you have a window you can direct the exhaust air out of? In my office I have the duct pushed up against the screen with the window frame keeping it in place and a filler to block out any outside air from coming in. From the outside you can see the duct so I'm going to put a grill in front of it that spans the window so that I can also run the two 2 x 2's I have out of there too and keep it stealth if anyone decides to be back there that shouldn't.

I have the double casement sliding windows so I can open them from the top or bottom. I currently have it going out the bottom but I'm going to switch that up when I install the grill and mount it at the top as that will reduce the amount of turns in the duct for the 5 x 5 and allow me to run duct from the 2 x 2's without the duct obstructing anything.

The window is 36" wide. This is the grill I want to use to hide the ducts while still having adequate airflow.

View attachment 10108

That would help things out massively, but the window in that room I currently have blocked off with a rolling blind and my window only slides open horizontally. I will almost need to make something custom out of cardboard or plastic so I can place it on the outside of the blind, cut out a hole to match the diameter of my exhaust and then connect it all to send it outside. I have a few things to McGuyver up this week!

My carbon filter was post-exhaust filtering, so I had it as the very last thing attached to the outside of the tent.

That would help things out massively, but the window in that room I currently have blocked off with a rolling blind and my window only slides open horizontally. I will almost need to make something custom out of cardboard or plastic so I can place it on the outside of the blind, cut out a hole to match the diameter of my exhaust and then connect it all to send it outside. I have a few things to McGuyver up this week!
What if you remove the blind and install some mirrored tint for privacy so that the flex duct doesn't get in the way of anything? You'd have to install the filter pre fan unless you had a way to exhaust with the filter at the end of the exhaust run.

I didn't add EWC on my first dry amendment run unless i added base soil to the top of the pot. I'm just gonna do the same thing. Also I noticed much more stretch this time . I flipped at 1.5 months instead of 2 months . Do you notice a difference in stretch when you veg more or less?

I didn't add EWC on my first dry amendment run unless i added base soil to the top of the pot. I'm just gonna do the same thing. Also I noticed much more stretch this time . I flipped at 1.5 months instead of 2 months . Do you notice a difference in stretch when you veg more or less?

Yeah I mean a lot of these things are trial & error for me as well. But really it was just plain stupidity of me to not include any form of organisms to break down the amendments. That won't happen again.

I have not noticed any increase in stretch from the longer veg no, but I have noticed they like to stretch if not given sufficient enough light in veg. If anything my plants seem to be stretching less than I expect these last couple of runs.

Yeah I mean a lot of these things are trial & error for me as well. But really it was just plain stupidity of me to not include any form of organisms to break down the amendments. That won't happen again.

I have not noticed any increase in stretch from the longer veg no, but I have noticed they like to stretch if not given sufficient enough light in veg. If anything my plants seem to be stretching less than I expect these last couple of runs.
That’s what I meant. I think longer veg means less stretch. That’s what I’ve been noticing too. Flipping a few weeks earlier than last time I seen a great amount of stretch . And they had sufficient light in veg for sure.

That’s what I meant. I think longer veg means less stretch. That’s what I’ve been noticing too. Flipping a few weeks earlier than last time I seen a great amount of stretch . And they had sufficient light in veg for sure.

I misread your post! You might be on to something. I know some other folks here were discussing hormones and when a plant would be at the highest peak hormone production. At some point in veg those hormones start to taper out and level off the longer you leave them veg.

Anecdotal at best but interesting nonetheless.

@PrimoClonesCanada thanks bud! Been going through some hiccups after expanding but I think I am getting back on track. Apologies for not reaching out sooner but you're here now.

Got some seeds popped for the next run. Was expecting some DFG seeds but nothing is coming through the mail sooooo I am using up the last of my Grape God & Desert Eagle. Will be a redemption/comparison grow to my last to see what impact the changes I've made have.

No germination. Plopped the seeds into wet soil, placed on a dome, and took the dome off this morning when I saw all 4 had punched through!

7514BB55-C8F9-40F4-AD5C-15A79E7DFCEE.jpeg

Started to notice the K def progressing on the oldest growth on the other 3 gals so they all got top dressed today.

1 & 1/2 cups of 2-8-4, 2tbspn Azomite, 4tbspn Gypsum, 4tbspn Epsom Salt, 1 cup EWC in each 7 gallon pot.

I also did the last of the trimming today. Removed majority of the lower growth, nodes, branches, leaves etc that did not reach SCROG height.

1983F83A-1E85-4D6B-A3C6-4B6DCF5985AC.jpegFE9C35EF-11D3-4B47-9C03-F87CBD50A7EC.jpeg4EA10798-3232-404A-B74E-AE73E1702DA2.jpeg68C9CD91-A550-4A68-AC2F-ADE135919FE5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom