Shaded's Corner Reborn

Weird. Did you put a light meter underneath it to see what the actual output is? Could be the driver is malfunctioning.

Yep. I mean it's just my cheap o meter from Amazon but it at least gives me a general idea of light intensity. It was nowhere near the levels of ppfd I had been pushing in my closet & my 4x4. So I was running less ppfd than I ever had been before. Part of me is also leaning towards too much gypsum/calcium being added which is causing nutrient lockouts but the Phlizon was producing too much heat either way.

I got some more bad news last night in regards to my mother. They found mass in 1/5 lymph nodes so now she has to go in for bone testing this week and a CT scan. Most likely will require further treatments.

Just wonderful.

Yep. I mean it's just my cheap o meter from Amazon but it at least gives me a general idea of light intensity. It was nowhere near the levels of ppfd I had been pushing in my closet & my 4x4. So I was running less ppfd than I ever had been before. Part of me is also leaning towards too much gypsum/calcium being added which is causing nutrient lockouts but the Phlizon was producing too much heat either way.

I got some more bad news last night in regards to my mother. They found mass in 1/5 lymph nodes so now she has to go in for bone testing this week and a CT scan. Most likely will require further treatments.

Just wonderful.
Stay positive.. I'm sure you know it but negativity and stress never help a situation and with something that's out of your hands, optimism is your only chance.

Good luck growmie.. We're all pullin' for ya 💚

Just wonderful.
This also may be a wonderful time to focus a little bit on making some medicine...some RSO and maybe get lined up with some strains that could help your mom out.

Wonderful plant in that regard. I also seen a random video of a guy explaining how the body can heal itself, he said all it really takes is energy, something I can't recall and a slightly alkaline environment and the body will heal itself....if I can dig it up I'll share it here. Just seemed like some nice quick info that would be cool to look further into.

Positive vibes your way boss

Thanks guys, your positivity must be doin' some good ;) CT scan also came back today as negative so it has not spread to any bones OR other organs. She's got one more appointment follow up and they will determine what & if she needs any radiation treatments and establish a gameplan moving forward.

That's a big slice of stress off of my plate even if not completely.

Onwards to plant & things:

Up to this stage of growth I have still not given any Gypsum or Rock Dust. I have been giving them a sprinkle of Epsom Salts once per week and 2 tablespoons of GG 2-8-4 per week. Not really seeing any major issues that usually ramp up for me right now so perhaps the Gypsum I was adding was creating a nutrient lockout? Too much Calcium can cause a lockout of Potassium, Magnesium and Iron. Will see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

IMG-4714.jpgIMG-4713.jpg

Got 2 long weekends coming up so I will be relaxing as much as I can

Thanks guys, your positivity must be doin' some good ;) CT scan also came back today as negative so it has not spread to any bones OR other organs. She's got one more appointment follow up and they will determine what & if she needs any radiation treatments and establish a gameplan moving forward.
Bro im so happy shes fighting through like a champ! Im sure it makes you feel a lot of relief too man, i couldnt imagine having to deal with that. My mom has had a few scares where she had to go in for testing but its always been negative 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I hope and pray things stay this way for your mom and you 🙏🏼 👊🏼

Bro im so happy shes fighting through like a champ! Im sure it makes you feel a lot of relief too man, i couldnt imagine having to deal with that. My mom has had a few scares where she had to go in for testing but its always been negative 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I hope and pray things stay this way for your mom and you 🙏🏼 👊🏼

Appreciate the kind words @GoodShit97 your son may be a criminal but I can attest that you've always been a cool guy so I'm not sure where he gets it from ;)

They look great~!
What week flower you in?
Man miss having you around.
Need a little funny.
All of us...

I'll try to conjure up the little amount I have. Need @TSD back so I have a target to aim at lol. Coming up on week 4ish since spiky tops started forming.

Happy to hear some positive news from you Shaded!

Secondarily, those plants are starting to look like the Shaded plants we have come to know and love. I see some big donkey dicks in their future 😂

Up to this stage of growth I have still not given any Gypsum or Rock Dust. I have been giving them a sprinkle of Epsom Salts once per week and 2 tablespoons of GG 2-8-4 per week. Not really seeing any major issues that usually ramp up for me right now so perhaps the Gypsum I was adding was creating a nutrient lockout? Too much Calcium can cause a lockout of Potassium, Magnesium and Iron. Will see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 23427View attachment 23428

I think you are 100% correct on the lock out. One of your growers was experiencing just that. We managed to get it corrected by using epsom and top dressing with Dr Earth’s Flower Girl. I’m for sure glad you are back, is damn hard to correct a process that I don’t understand. Just more or less treating symptoms.
So happy to hear the good news on your Mom! I know this has to help your heart and nerves too.
I’m super happy you are back! Been missing da 🧙

Wow @Shaded shows how out of the loop I am. I had no idea about any of this until just now. So terribly sorry to hear about moms. Glad to hear scan came back neg though. Doubt you haven't looked into this already but I follow a FB group that seems to have people diagnosed with cancer, relative has, etc all finding off the charts benefits from RSO. I put the link below in case want to have a look. You are definitely on my mind brotha, stay strong.

So glad your moms tests came back good..my bro had lymphoma stage 4 and recovered 💪😍.it’s such a horrible feeling when a loved one is diagnosed ..it pulls hard on the ol heart strings..

ps .your girls look great bud 😃

~update

What up everyone. Apologies for the absence recently but life happens and I have not had the energy nor the mental capacity to interact much with anyone, either online or offline. Amongst the other issues and stressors going on in my life that I'm sure many of you are also experiencing my mother was recently diagnosed with cancer. She got scheduled for a Mastectomy and had her surgery last week. She's recovering and doing okay. I've been on vacation with wayyyyyyyyyyy too many Americans who seem to think that Canadians need to wait 5 years on surgery lists and I just want to tell you that just isn't true at all. Our healthcare system works and we are blessed to live in this country.

In terms of my grow, things have been very frustrating pretty much ever since I decided to expand to my 5x10. I've been fighting with nutrient availability issues, VPD, Temperatures, leaf damage, bud quality not being where it was previously etc etc. I've decided to take a step back and kind of reset. The 1000w Phlizon light that I purchased to stick in the 5x10 has since been removed, and I have a strong feeling that this light was a huge contributor to a lot of my problems in my grow recently. When I took the light out, I could see that the LED beam had physically light bleached the light fixture itself as well as all of my grow poles inside the tent. Not only that but temps with this light bar were atrocious and that was still an issue mostly running the light at 30-50% intensity.

-I've removed the Phlizon FD8000
-I will be using my SF 4000, SE3000, and a random 150w LM301H quantum board panel are being used - 900w total/450w per 5x5 square
-I am reusing soil from my previous grow, this is the first time I have done this
-I have NOT used any Gypsum, or Azomite at all so far this grow (still using Epsom salts)
-I have barely given them any nutrients at all. Probably around 2 tablespoons of 4-4-4 while they were vegging for 2 months in the closet, maybe another 1-2 tablespoons of 4-4-4 after they were put into the 5x10 and I gave them 2 tablespoons of 2-8-4 over the weekend.
-I am going to be moving towards a weekly top dress of 1-2 tablespoons versus 4 week blocks of 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil (normally I would have given 21 tablespoons to a 7 gallon pot over 4 weeks so this is quite a lot less nutrients)

The plants are doing good even though I neglected them far too long in the closet, didn't transplant them soon enough, didn't start training them early enough, and didn't give them enough space to grow so they look kinda funny and I won't be doing my usual scrog top this time around. I don't care for yields at this point I just want to get my bud quality back to where it was a year ago.

I'll take some time over the next week or two to catch up on threads. Hope everyone is doing well 🧙‍♂️

View attachment 21924View attachment 21925
Hey shaded, really sorry to hear about your mom 🙏 thoughts and prayers to your mom.

Glad to see you getting back into your grow and starting to post again. I'm sure you will right the ship in no time!!

View attachment 23427View attachment 23428

Awsome news about your mom!!!

Back
Top Bottom