Shaded's Corner Reborn

~weekly Monday update

Going to make this one short & sweet. K def was identified and hopefully rectified moving forward! About week ~4 of flower at this point and they were just given a top dress.

IMG-4390.jpgIMG-4389.jpg

~weekly Monday update

Was hot as hell this week, and still struggling with temps a bit. I am officially going to be changing my mid-flower feed phase from 4 weeks to 3 weeks cause I started to see some of the K def progressing on the other 3 girls. They were caught just in time but cannot reverse the leaf damage at this point. Smells are bonkers inside the tent right now and they are putting on decent size considering how much longer they have to go.

I modified my window setup a bit to get my exhaust flowing directly out my window, I still have to figure out a more permanent solution but I'll most likely just fabricate something out of plastic or cardboard that fits my entire window just behind the blind with a 6" hole for me to send my exhaust out.

And finally the little seedlings are doing ok, one of them was a little "retarded" but seems to have corrected that retardation after the next set of leaves.

IMG-4429.jpg
IMG-4428.jpg
IMG-4425.jpgIMG-4432.jpgIMG-4431.jpg

Started to notice the K def progressing on the oldest growth on the other 3 gals so they all got top dressed today.

1 & 1/2 cups of 2-8-4, 2tbspn Azomite, 4tbspn Gypsum, 4tbspn Epsom Salt, 1 cup EWC in each 7 gallon pot.

I also did the last of the trimming today. Removed majority of the lower growth, nodes, branches, leaves etc that did not reach SCROG height.

View attachment 10880View attachment 10881View attachment 10882View attachment 10883
fricken beauty eh.

~update

What up everyone. Apologies for the absence recently but life happens and I have not had the energy nor the mental capacity to interact much with anyone, either online or offline. Amongst the other issues and stressors going on in my life that I'm sure many of you are also experiencing my mother was recently diagnosed with cancer. She got scheduled for a Mastectomy and had her surgery last week. She's recovering and doing okay. I've been on vacation with wayyyyyyyyyyy too many Americans who seem to think that Canadians need to wait 5 years on surgery lists and I just want to tell you that just isn't true at all. Our healthcare system works and we are blessed to live in this country.

In terms of my grow, things have been very frustrating pretty much ever since I decided to expand to my 5x10. I've been fighting with nutrient availability issues, VPD, Temperatures, leaf damage, bud quality not being where it was previously etc etc. I've decided to take a step back and kind of reset. The 1000w Phlizon light that I purchased to stick in the 5x10 has since been removed, and I have a strong feeling that this light was a huge contributor to a lot of my problems in my grow recently. When I took the light out, I could see that the LED beam had physically light bleached the light fixture itself as well as all of my grow poles inside the tent. Not only that but temps with this light bar were atrocious and that was still an issue mostly running the light at 30-50% intensity.

-I've removed the Phlizon FD8000
-I will be using my SF 4000, SE3000, and a random 150w LM301H quantum board panel are being used - 900w total/450w per 5x5 square
-I am reusing soil from my previous grow, this is the first time I have done this
-I have NOT used any Gypsum, or Azomite at all so far this grow (still using Epsom salts)
-I have barely given them any nutrients at all. Probably around 2 tablespoons of 4-4-4 while they were vegging for 2 months in the closet, maybe another 1-2 tablespoons of 4-4-4 after they were put into the 5x10 and I gave them 2 tablespoons of 2-8-4 over the weekend.
-I am going to be moving towards a weekly top dress of 1-2 tablespoons versus 4 week blocks of 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil (normally I would have given 21 tablespoons to a 7 gallon pot over 4 weeks so this is quite a lot less nutrients)

The plants are doing good even though I neglected them far too long in the closet, didn't transplant them soon enough, didn't start training them early enough, and didn't give them enough space to grow so they look kinda funny and I won't be doing my usual scrog top this time around. I don't care for yields at this point I just want to get my bud quality back to where it was a year ago.

I'll take some time over the next week or two to catch up on threads. Hope everyone is doing well 🧙‍♂️

857A19EF-EBB1-463D-8B34-E14FE226D454.jpegD1E7ADAC-48AC-4646-81EF-F9E417119909.jpeg

~update

What up everyone. Apologies for the absence recently but life happens and I have not had the energy nor the mental capacity to interact much with anyone, either online or offline. Amongst the other issues and stressors going on in my life that I'm sure many of you are also experiencing my mother was recently diagnosed with cancer. She got scheduled for a Mastectomy and had her surgery last week. She's recovering and doing okay. I've been on vacation with wayyyyyyyyyyy too many Americans who seem to think that Canadians need to wait 5 years on surgery lists and I just want to tell you that just isn't true at all. Our healthcare system works and we are blessed to live in this country.

In terms of my grow, things have been very frustrating pretty much ever since I decided to expand to my 5x10. I've been fighting with nutrient availability issues, VPD, Temperatures, leaf damage, bud quality not being where it was previously etc etc. I've decided to take a step back and kind of reset. The 1000w Phlizon light that I purchased to stick in the 5x10 has since been removed, and I have a strong feeling that this light was a huge contributor to a lot of my problems in my grow recently. When I took the light out, I could see that the LED beam had physically light bleached the light fixture itself as well as all of my grow poles inside the tent. Not only that but temps with this light bar were atrocious and that was still an issue mostly running the light at 30-50% intensity.

-I will be using my SF 4000, SE3000, and a random 150w LM301H quantum board panel are being used - 900w total/450w per 5x5 square
-I am reusing soil from my previous grow, this is the first time I have done this
-I have NOT used any Gypsum, or Azomite at all so far this grow (still using Epsom salts)
-I have barely given them any nutrients at all. Probably around 2 tablespoons of 4-4-4 while they were vegging for 2 months in the closet, maybe another 1-2 tablespoons of 4-4-4 after they were put into the 5x10 and I gave them 2 tablespoons of 2-8-4 over the weekend.
-I am going to be moving towards a weekly top dress of 1-2 tablespoons versus 4 week blocks of 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil (normally I would have given 21 tablespoons to a 7 gallon pot over 4 weeks so this is quite a lot less nutrients)

The plants are doing good even though I neglected them far too long in the closet, didn't transplant them soon enough, didn't start training them early enough, and didn't give them enough space to grow so they look kinda funny and I won't be doing my usual scrog top this time around. I don't care for yields at this point I just want to get my bud quality back to where it was a year ago.

I'll take some time over the next week or two to catch up on threads. Hope everyone is doing well 🧙‍♂️

View attachment 21924View attachment 21925
Happy you are back! Sorry life has thrown you so many curve balls. Just know that many of us here care about you and I always have an open ear if needed..I’ll make ya laugh.
At this point, you only owe me 39.95 for trying to help your following line out grow probs. There is a Gaia Granny movement going on! More like feckkkk I don’t know, throw this at it! 😂🤣😂😅😂 So far, so good! So glad you’re back! 😍

Welcome back bro, sorry to hear about your mom. Sending out prayers and well wishes for you and your family.

Plants are looking good. Interesting that you narrowed the issue down to the light. I recently got a new light and had issues my first grow with it. Seems to be ironed out now but yea, a lesson learned with lighting fosure.

Love hearing from you man.
You have been missed.
My heart goes out to you for your mom. Been some hard times for more than a few here lately.
Missing TSD since around when we last heard from you also. Prayers for her also.🙏🙏
If you need to whip on someone I'll take over.:oops:
Glad you're back man.👍

~update

I do not have any working knowledge of that light. I did take a look at the specs briefly and 1000 watts is a ton for the foot print of the lights. Commerical lights like Gavita 1700e or Fluence Spyder 2I are around 640 watts and about the same foot print.. I know both of these companies have increased to low 700 watts of power with new models. It would be hard to even use that much power without CO2 injections and really good environmental control. I know Bruce B says more is possible but he also states everything has to be in control as well.

~update

Welcome back bud. 🇨🇦 needs you to represent us here. 😝

Sorry for your mom’s illness, I hope she does well. And you’re right, most of us here are dealing with our own issues and problems but that doesn’t lessen yours. Share, vent, or keep it to yourself as you see fit. Do what you need to do to get better/on track.

Look forward to your next grow. 👍

Welcome back bud. 🇨🇦 needs you to represent us here. 😝

Sorry for your mom’s illness, I hope she does well. And you’re right, most of us here are dealing with our own issues and problems but that doesn’t lessen yours. Share, vent, or keep it to yourself as you see fit. Do what you need to do to get better/on track.

Look forward to your next grow. 👍
Agree with all sentiments expressed above and will say prayers for your mom's remission. Read your remarks about the lights...when in doubt throw it out. Tesla built all its components from scratch in US so the whole get what you pay for rings true.

Thanks for the warm words everyone. I wish somebody had warned me earlier in my life about how much more difficult things become in your 30s and well into your 40s. I was not mentally prepared for my parents to turn into senior citizens over night and I already worried enough about them gracefully ageing let alone having to face a cancer diagnosis and possible further treatments required.

I never ran the FD8000 over 60% cause the thing seemed to produce more heat than light. So with the FD8000 running at about 500-600w I would have to turn down the SF4000 to about 75% because temps were getting way too high. So I don't think it was the light intensity itself...I ran way more PPFD when I was in the 5x5.

I don't know how to explain it or why it would be happening but the plants just don't seem to enjoy their lives under the FD8000. Again this all may be coincidence and perhaps it was something else but these pictures set off alarm bells

IMG-4679.jpgIMG-4680.jpg

Light bleached pole & light bleached fixture

IMG-4552.jpg

Pic from near the end of my last grow. The plant with the most visible damage is the plant that was the most direct under the FD8000 which was dimmed down to 50%

~update

Good to see you back. Sorry about your mom. I lost both my mom and dad and a few aunts and uncles to cancer. It sucks.

I have not even entertained the notion of busting out my FC8000s.
Like you I feel even with my best efforts that it produced more heat than PPFD.
Maybe if I run again while it is cold ,but other than that no.
I could not turn up my little TSL2000s past 25-30% before I flipped without issue...
Hang in there man~!

Thanks for the warm words everyone. I wish somebody had warned me earlier in my life about how much more difficult things become in your 30s and well into your 40s. I was not mentally prepared for my parents to turn into senior citizens over night and I already worried enough about them gracefully ageing let alone having to face a cancer diagnosis and possible further treatments required.

I never ran the FD8000 over 60% cause the thing seemed to produce more heat than light. So with the FD8000 running at about 500-600w I would have to turn down the SF4000 to about 75% because temps were getting way too high. So I don't think it was the light intensity itself...I ran way more PPFD when I was in the 5x5.

I don't know how to explain it or why it would be happening but the plants just don't seem to enjoy their lives under the FD8000. Again this all may be coincidence and perhaps it was something else but these pictures set off alarm bells

View attachment 22052View attachment 22051

Light bleached pole & light bleached fixture

View attachment 22055

Pic from near the end of my last grow. The plant with the most visible damage is the plant that was the most direct under the FD8000 which was dimmed down to 50%
That’s really interesting shaded. I wonder if there’s something wrong with that light? I don’t have any heat issues and I run it in a 4 x 4 with what I would call modest increase from lights off to lights on.

I've got some of the same stuff going on. My dad especially, hes well into his eighties.

I'm into full reversion where he is the kid now and I take care of him. Something you really don't appreciate until it actually happens to you.

I'm glad you are back friend. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom