SSHZ- Contest#3 "Kentucky Derby On May 4th"

SSHZ

Weed Growing Machine
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
So, just picking the winner would be too easy.......so the goal will be to pick 1st/2nd/3rd with 3 points for the winner, 2 points for the 2nd place horse and 1 point for 3rd place. Who ever has the most points, wins my best prize package I've ever given away- seeds, smoke and a surprise. More on these as we get closer to race day.

Right now it looks like a 2 horse race, with Vegas offering even odds that 1 of these 2 will win: Sierra Leone or Fierceness. But with 20 horses in a super long distance race, anything can, and often does, happen.

Only 1 submission per person.

Submit like this:

1st Max's Fury
2nd Steam Rolled
3rd Goshmen

Pick them in exact order, you would have 6 points, 3-2-1

Pick only 2nd and 3rd, you would have 3 points.

Ties............I'd be very surprised if that happened. I'll give out 2 prize packages if necessary. If more than 2 tie, every winner will get a single pack of nice, never opened seeds.

You can go to www.kentuckyderby.com for a lot of info on the subject.

Another contest not sponsored by BudBuilders so mods and such are welcome to enter, if they'd like.

No changes- once picks are submitted, no changes. UNLESS, a horse you pick gets scratched. Then you can submit all new picks and I'll use the latest submission.

All picks must be submitted before race day. That means midnight, May 3rd.

My wife and I watch the derby regularly.
The Belmont will be at our home track/ Saratoga this year~!
I will be in just need to look over the field.

I do a lot of posting in sports forums...........I used to have a massive audience when I was at Pregame.com. Now I post on Sharp Squares on Discord. But it costs to join. I'll put up my analysis a day or two before the race.

Was going to go straight chalk (because what the hell do I know about horse racing, so just roll with the experts picks) then I saw a horse being ridden by Jesus so I figured that had to bump him/her up a few spots. 🤣

1 Sierra Leone
2 Fierceness
3 West Saratoga

Way to go out on a limb!

47% of kentucky derby days have had rain.......that always impacts the race. But favors speed horses overall.

I used to love going to the thoroughbred races at Exibition Park in Vancouver. $2 / race and bet on a long shot .with hope...drink a $2 beer between races and making a bet then down to the track to watch the race at the line on the fence. usually lose but wtf $5 race entry & a race card, $20 bucks for 10 races $40 bucks beer and a hoot of a day.

1. Fierceness
2. Sierra Leone
3. Forever Young

1st Goshmen
2nd Sierra Leon
3rd West Saratoga (thoroughly thoroughbred)
PICKING Goshmen because it sounds like my bestie Moshmen
PICKING Saratoga because it sounds like Sarasota
Picking Sierra Leon because A Song for you is one of my all time faves.

Bumping this so you guys don't forget. Only 4 entries so far.

The favorite in the 20 horse race drew post #17, which never had a winner in over 100 years.

The #10 and #11 are both Japanese horses- many have tried and have never won the Kentucky Derby............ I like both of them.

havnt got a form guide and showing last placings sshz.i usually pick #2 in all races without even studying..

1. Sierra Leone
2. Catching Freedom
3. Just A Touch

Really want to see West Saratoga make it to Belmont stakes the first time ever at Saratoga.

6 entries........ you guys are pathetic!

I guess pot and horses don't mix well!

Remember the scene from Fast Time at Ridgemint High when Sean Penn comes tumbling out of the Volkswagon Bus in a cloud of smoke.......that me and my friends when we go to the track!

I have seen Secretariat, Spectacular Bid, Seatle Slew, The Affirmed /Alydar inquiry live at Saratoga.
All when young. I haven't been to the track in 20 years probably.
Town is nuts during race season.
They just announced they will close down Broadway [ the main strip in Saratoga] for a Blues Traveler concert and who knows what else for the Belmont.
We get the Belmont again next year also as I understand.

I have seen Secretariat, Spectacular Bid, Seatle Slew, The Affirmed /Alydar inquiry live at Saratoga.
All when young. I haven't been to the track in 20 years probably.
Town is nuts during race season.
They just announced they will close down Broadway [ the main strip in Saratoga] for a Blues Traveler concert and who knows what else for the Belmont.
We get the Belmont again next year also as I understand.

On the west coast I grew up going to Santa Anita and Bay Meadows. My parents were horse owners who raised them for showing and trainers for race horses owned by a fairly large owner who bred and raced Thoroughbreds. Even met and hung out with Jack Klugman a few times at the track.

I loved the animals, they're gorgeous, but the people involved are pretty much scum of the Earth and the worst of humanity IMO. The treatment of those animals and how they're used up is appalling. Right up there with dog owners who race the Iditarod.
Even today clicking on daily news one of the first articles I see is a shipment of animal venoms, steroids, and other drugs being intercepted on it's way to horse trainers in Kentucky. I get it that if you aint cheating you aint trying but the horses have no say and being under the thumb of sadistic trainers with no morals at all creates one of the worst cultures in all of sports. I just cant watch anymore so I stick to cars racing and humans beating the snot out of each other.
If there's a contest for the upcoming Tyson fight I'll play but I can't get into this one.

I'm going to have to be more creative in my contests.......... and obviously, horse racing and pot growing don't mix well. lol

On the west coast I grew up going to Santa Anita and Bay Meadows. My parents were horse owners who raised them for showing and trainers for race horses owned by a fairly large owner who bred and raced Thoroughbreds. Even met and hung out with Jack Klugman a few times at the track.

I loved the animals, they're gorgeous, but the people involved are pretty much scum of the Earth and the worst of humanity IMO. The treatment of those animals and how they're used up is appalling. Right up there with dog owners who race the Iditarod.
Even today clicking on daily news one of the first articles I see is a shipment of animal venoms, steroids, and other drugs being intercepted on it's way to horse trainers in Kentucky. I get it that if you aint cheating you aint trying but the horses have no say and being under the thumb of sadistic trainers with no morals at all creates one of the worst cultures in all of sports. I just cant watch anymore so I stick to cars racing and humans beating the snot out of each other.
If there's a contest for the upcoming Tyson fight I'll play but I can't get into this one.
I agree, in Tennessee & Texas I never cared for the treatment of those race horses. Great comment.

Back
Top Bottom