Started a new grow Super Lemon Haze

I have a question on scrog netting for a 4x4 tent. is it best to use 3.5 inch mesh or 6 inch mesh ? also at what height is best to scrog at? thanks

My table for the taller sativas is 24” and the one I use for short squat indicas is 18” tall.

Depends who you ask and if you’re suspending it or making a table.

I have mine at 25” ATM. I’m able to get under it when needed to lollipop and clean up. I made different parts to change the hight and/or add a second level for support later.

@CannaGranny is the local expert but she suspends hers.

Net size is up to you and your preference/needs. I use 6” square outside as a lose trapping and support. Helps protect it from wind too. Inside I use 3.5” square.
ok thanks. i am growing a sativa hybrid, so it makes sense to have them higher then indica. i am new to scroging, as last time i top it once and did a little LST on it and let it grow. i now have a bigger tent so i can get around it better too.

ok i am now interested in a hydro unit. and idea's and recommendation on a good kit. i see so many variations so not sure what all i really need. I would like for it to be rdwc so it can feed it self if have to be away for a week or so. thanks

ok i am now interested in a hydro unit. and idea's and recommendation on a good kit. i see so many variations so not sure what all i really need. I would like for it to be rdwc so it can feed it self if have to be away for a week or so. thanks

Look here Stoney just went through this. Good info. Think he had another looking for the best option for him to try.

Look here Stoney just went through this. Good info. Think he had another looking for the best option for him to try.

ok thanks

I would like for it to be rdwc so it can feed it self if have to be away for a week or so. thanks
So with either of the two (DWC/RDWC) you'll need a top-off resevoir of sorts for it to "feed itself."

I forgot to put together a list for ya. The first post in my first thread has a few pics and a decent video that would summerize my initial setup. The hydro side of things was relatively cheap considering that setup netted me 3/4 of a pound.

I have since upgraded a few things like the heater, humidifier, light, oscillating fans, plant sites and top-off resevoir. I guess that's more than a few things... that's basically everything.

So with either of the two (DWC/RDWC) you'll need a top-off resevoir of sorts for it to "feed itself."

I forgot to put together a list for ya. The first post in my first thread has a few pics and a decent video that would summerize my initial setup. The hydro side of things was relatively cheap considering that setup netted me 3/4 of a pound.

I have since upgraded a few things like the heater, humidifier, light, oscillating fans, plant sites and top-off resevoir. I guess that's more than a few things... that's basically everything.
yes i am going with a 60 gallon reservoir and 6- 5-gallon. thanks i will read it. my eyeballs are spinning right now from reading so much on here lol

Got my new tent in today. i also purchased a new AC infinity 6" 69 pro, and a CLW 550 UVB. I am going to hold off on the hydro. I just purchased a big bag of pro mix soil. lol and some grow pots. got some new beans in too from @B2ACG I got Mowie wowie and Acapulco gold.

did your set come with the pvc tubing? mine was just the green poles etc. i like how that looks.

No I made it with 1/2” PVC. Let’s me keep the plants longer in the lowest zone until the 3x3 is ready. Usually have to top the plants once or twice before the 3x3 is finished flowering.

I got my light today. I am stoked to see how this does it's the CLW 550 UVB,
Did you get a controller with it?
@Stoneyluv and @Bandit420 both have CLW 550 and may be of help to you with settings.
@Grump has CLW's big dog and is programming it with help from stoney.

yes i didn't know it didn't come with it, but when it came today i saw on box NO CONTROLLER included. i was like wtf. i was a little pissed as i spoke with reps at CLW and told them what i wanted and they didn't even try to up sell and ask if i needed a controller. lol one is on the way.
Did you get a controller with it?
@Stoneyluv and @Bandit420 both have CLW 550 and may be of help to you with settings.
@Grump has CLW's big dog and is programming it with help from stoney.

yes i didn't know it didn't come with it, but when it came today i saw on box NO CONTROLLER included. i was like wtf. i was a little pissed as i spoke with reps at CLW and told them what i wanted and they didn't even try to up sell and ask if i needed a controller. lol one is on the way.

you're gonna like that light!! if you have any questions at all fire away...

you're gonna like that light!! if you have any questions at all fire away...
I am so stoked to see what it can do. I will definitely ask questions lol. I do have 1 right now. I was watching the 550 UVB demo and the guy was saying that 1 UVB LIGHT covers 4x4 area at 3' height. My unit has 2 of the UVB lights on it, will that be too strong? I have 4x4 tent.

I am so stoked to see what it can do. I will definitely ask questions lol. I do have 1 right now. I was watching the 550 UVB demo and the guy was saying that 1 UVB LIGHT covers 4x4 area at 3' height. My unit has 2 of the UVB lights on it, will that be too strong? I have 4x4 tent.

Not at all.
The UV are T5HO and most growers end up detaching them from the main light and hanging them independently to lower them down more onto the canopy.
They don't have much power or penetration since they're floro, however use caution and don't look at them very long while they're on and avoid prolonged exposure to your skin. I'd say the UV lamp by itself has a footprint around 1' wide x 2' long with a penetration depth of less than 1'.

The UV lights will need to be on a different timer since they don't connect to the 550 or it's controller.
Common timing schedules are run the UV starting at week 5 for 4 hours on the back end of a lights on period.

You can get a UV card for reptiles and kinda gauge what they're putting out for you then see it's not much

I ran 3 in this grow with them at a height around 25" above canopy at max power. These 3 lights covered a 40"x80" footprint

I didn't notice much if any effect the UV had on my garden with the exception of a mite infestation and the mites avoided the parts of plants closest to the UV.
After that grow I started using the CLW Spectramax light for 3 grows and now I'm running the 550s once again but with LED UV lamps to see if they work better than the CLW floro UV

Not at all.
The UV are T5HO and most growers end up detaching them from the main light and hanging them independently to lower them down more onto the canopy.
They don't have much power or penetration since they're floro, however use caution and don't look at them very long while they're on and avoid prolonged exposure to your skin. I'd say the UV lamp by itself has a footprint around 1' wide x 2' long with a penetration depth of less than 1'.

The UV lights will need to be on a different timer since they don't connect to the 550 or it's controller.
Common timing schedules are run the UV starting at week 5 for 4 hours on the back end of a lights on period.

You can get a UV card for reptiles and kinda gauge what they're putting out for you then see it's not much

I ran 3 in this grow with them at a height around 25" above canopy at max power. These 3 lights covered a 40"x80" footprint

I didn't notice much if any effect the UV had on my garden with the exception of a mite infestation and the mites avoided the parts of plants closest to the UV.
After that grow I started using the CLW Spectramax light for 3 grows and now I'm running the 550s once again but with LED UV lamps to see if they work better than the CLW floro UV
I appreciate the input. yeah i kinda wondered if i would need to detach them. CLW sent me some info and they told me a bunch of stuff too. i am sure like most things every strain tells a different story.

Not at all.

with the SS 550 UVB can you grow in an open area like what you have there? at least it's appears to be open

That shelf in there is really cool, man. 👌
Hey Grump do you know what the factory setting is for the RWB on the SS 550 UVB settings? my controller isn't here yet.

yeah there is actually a lining for that part to block off that 12" section. i left it out as i want to scrog and have access to that side if i need too.

I leave the deviding panel in so can grow next Gen clones or seedlings while I flower. I just made a table for my SCROG net.

If you do put the panel in make sure you use silver duct tape to help hold it in place and stop light leeks. The Velcro will fail and sag over time otherwise.

Hey Grump do you know what the factory setting is for the RWB on the SS 550 UVB settings? my controller isn't here yet.
Yeah. According to the manual, when used in the "always on" setting, it's maxed out at 99:99:99.

Back
Top Bottom