You'd love the graffiti wall in stl....real long flood wall down by the river that has tons of art up and down it
that's the one thing i miss most about living in Albuquerque. There were a ton of yards all over the city where we could paint freely. Anything street side ended up buffed rather quickly, and the city thought it was a good use of taxpayer money to buff the tunnels, but we'd crush those anyways. Portland and Seattle have a handful of places as well, but I avoid those cities like the plague.

Sometimes i wish they would but thats just not the case.

Ive got like 6 cuts in my cloner and they needed to be planted like 6 days ago... i need more solo cups first and ive been lazy.
finally getting around to prepping the coco now. i don't know wtf i'm gonna use to rinse the shit, i threw out all our non-matching pillow cases and that's what I've always used to rinse brick coco.

yes, i'm that cheap-ass that still buys the reptile bedding bricks instead of the pre-washed shit. don't judge me.

finally getting around to prepping the coco now. i don't know wtf i'm gonna use to rinse the shit, i threw out all our non-matching pillow cases and that's what I've always used to rinse brick coco.

yes, i'm that cheap-ass that still buys the reptile bedding bricks instead of the pre-washed shit. don't judge me.
Im the guy who still grows in soil, so who am i to judge🤣

lost my EC meter in the move. guess i can finally justify ordering the bluelab truncheon stick.

concentrates went bad too, so gotta mix up a new batch of those this week. for now just weighing out each part for a few gallons of initial feed solution.

lost my EC meter in the move. guess i can finally justify ordering the bluelab truncheon stick.

concentrates went bad too, so gotta mix up a new batch of those this week. for now just weighing out each part for a few gallons of initial feed solution.
No EC meter, means careful measuring😂
Are you feeding them with the poo water from the house?
You will love the truncheon, stirs and works flawless.

Alright, they was ready for sure. The rapid rooters were exploding with roots and the babies are looking a bit hungry.

Set the light at about 100umol for the next couple days and will start dropping it lower as they adjust to the intensity.
PXL_20230628_025542329.jpg

No EC meter, means careful measuring😂
Are you feeding them with the poo water from the house?
You will love the truncheon, stirs and works flawless.
so, something weird and i think it might be related to the stuff we've been experiencing with the water lately. for the first time since i was on a well, i didn't have to pH the nutrient solution once it was all mixed. landed at a perfect pH of 5.8.

to me that indicates that this water likely doesn't have a whole lot of alkalinity which is gonna play fuck around in the res. gonna have to monitor it closely as i get used to it. might have to bite the bullet and move away from MSA and go back to protekt just for the buffering component alone.

Alright, I'm stumped here guys. Probably a dumb question but I've avoided using these for years, but can't have the whole neighborhood smelling my business.

Do carbon filters need exposure on all sides? Or will having all of like three degrees or less in contact with the ceiling impact its functionally in any marked way?

I'll be pushing air through the filter instead of pulling, FWIW.

Alright, now we're making progress. Ballasts and fan controls mounted, carbon filter and exhaust fan hung from the ceiling, intake fan has been mounted on the underside of the table inside the tent. I need to get a handful of 6" fans, and do some wire management.

But, it looks like I did something finallyPXL_20230629_020929298.jpg

The girls are waiting lol
Ha, I just bought some time by putting them in Coco is all. Give it a couple weeks and the story isn't gonna be the same.

Figure can do a test run of the environment for now. Have the lights set to 75%, and watching what the environment does. The humidity down here is gonna be the most difficult component to contend with, but I don't think it's gonna be too much for the dehuey to handle. Temps are staying stable at 75f and RH is slowly dropping so we'll see what it looks like in 24 hours

Alright, now we're making progress. Ballasts and fan controls mounted, carbon filter and exhaust fan hung from the ceiling, intake fan has been mounted on the underside of the table inside the tent. I need to get a handful of 6" fans, and do some wire management.

But, it looks like I did something finallyView attachment 10625
Yer Fine......If air flow restriction was an issue I'd be looking at where you're laying it down on the tent as that is cutting off that small area of the filter. Otherwise yer good! (y)

Just a quick update. The girls are chugging along, starting to hit their stride. The environment I have em in isn't ideal but it'll suffice for now. Almost time to top em and start getting em bushed out for cloning.

PXL_20230709_235736824.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230709_235736824.jpg
    PXL_20230709_235736824.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
The utility closet wasn't working out, so I moved em. Gave em a haircut too. Under the full spectrum they should really take off now.

You can see the one is all kinds of pissed off. Almost looks like sulfur def to me, but I also foliated with power SI a few days before those stripes showed up, so might be silica toxicity. Either way, they're chugging along. Should explode now that they're in an environment that will be much more dialed in.PXL_20230714_011352679.jpg

Hows the plans for the garage build coming along? Are you still it?

Hows the plans for the garage build coming along? Are you still it?
since we've been in the house for just over a month, i've had to have the kitchen sink plumbing replaced, and had to have some fairly substantial work on the water main done too, so the room build is on hold while my financials recover. The scheming continues, though.

Not sure I'm gonna do it in the garage, at this point, though. I have enough room for outbuildings, I sure would feel safer having it as a stand alone shed, then I could plumb drains in the floor in case of flooding and if fire breaks out, it's isolated and I only lose the grow, not the house too.

Once I get more settled and more off the list of immediate needs -- right now isn't great in terms of planning time -- I'll revisit and put some actual thorough thought into what the real plan will be. Just too much on the plate right now to think too far into the future, ya know. The only reason the current plants are green is because I needed something other than the chaos which is life to take a moment every day or two to see and focus on.

Growing is almost like riding motorcycles, except I can squeeze in growing five minutes a day. I've basically given up every other hobby I used to have at this point.

Back
Top Bottom