Zen’s Continually Wicked Hot Mess

Zen_seeker

Kush Kingpin
Reaction score
I’ve been working with Goodshit97 to try and get a continuous grow going. Something simple that graduates from seed/clone to sprout, pre-veg, veg and finally flower.

Only have about 6 full grows under my belt but they have been pretty good.

However I seem to get into problems due to my setup.

I have a 2-1 or 3-1 setup. Gets called both.

It’s a 4’x3’x6’ tent made into 3 zones.
Zone 1: 3’x1’x3’ (Propagation)
Zone 2: 3’x1’x3’ (Pre-Veg/On Hold)
Zone 3: 3’x3’x6’ (Main Veg/Flower)

I found this lacking in space for pre-veg and I had an abundance of space in propagation.

So I used PVC to make Zone 1 & 2 more functional.

Zone 1: 3’x2’x3’
Zone 2: 3’x4’x3’

This lets me grow out a bit more in pre-veg if problems occur in the veg/flower zone and we get behind by a week or two chasing deficiencies.

The goal is/was to have 4 cannabis plant’s always growing at some stage.

I currently fell into a 3 to 1 cycle. Either 3 are heading to flower with one starting as seed/clone or other way round.

However in pre-veg, zone 2, they are being treated like a mother. Less light, less nutes, and less water. Trying to slow things down until ready to transplant and move to zone 3.

There in lies the rub. By the time I move plants from zone 2 to zone 3 they get a deficiency. Exactly what is still unknown. But we are close to getting it dialed in.

Please don’t reply/post until I finish page two. I’m slow on this phone and it’s a battle. Just want to save...

So...to continue.

Recently I’ve setup my backup equipment as a second grow space. Almost exactly the same. But no modded zones. It’s right across from the first tent.

It will be used as needed to start and veg plants for the garden and cannabis. Nothing from outside will ever be brought in. Cannabis takes priority, for now.

Moving from pre-veg to veg or what occurs in pre-veg is throwing things off I think. But at the moment the why isn’t as important as fixing my current issu so I can flip before they get to big and I have another BBQ.

Currently treating as a overwatering with @GoodShit97 help. And I’m a fuking delight to work with. 😝

Not to be rude but I plan to continue working with G$ until I piss him off enough he just stops answering my questions. 🤣 But any helpful insight or useful diagnosis would be appreciated.

Okay, now that the story and objectives are out of the way the next post will be pics and issue so future searches don’t get the above drama. Just the facts.

Give me a few minutes to check stuff...

Not to be rude but I plan to continue working with G$ until I piss him off enough he just stops answering my questions. 🤣 But any helpful insight or useful diagnosis would be appreciated.
Hey i wont take offense if you take advice from others too man. I dont know everything, nor am i an "expert" lol.

We will get you there as a team man, that solo you got is being a real Karen...

Happy to help out though.

Hi Bud Builders friends!

I have a little problem that crowd sourcing might be able to aid. Hope I get this right.

71687C50-E86C-4035-BA93-39B882078F80.jpeg
1F587AFC-4973-4F6E-A23A-396CA50A283E.jpeg63E9C53C-8670-4920-88A2-2849E66C90C0.jpegFEF3BB25-46D5-4846-85F6-7F209F8B5101.jpeg

2 minutes before lights on.
638EA553-901C-4236-BD2E-A69EBED3EAB1.png

15 minutes after lights on.
B3F4AFDD-CDF2-4017-9706-3CB6244C5F8F.png

Twins Zen 1, Solo Zen 2.

Lights are at 500LUX for twins and about 400LUX for solo.

Twins have SQ300W Photontek and Solo has a 440w LED or COB panel.

all other equipment is the same in both tents.

6” oscillating fan
6” ACI inline booster intake fan
6” ACI main inline outtake fan

Light schedule: 6/2x3
Watering: Pending
Nutrients: Botanicare Trio
-Base 4-0-0
-Grow 2-2-6
-Karma .1-.1-.5
-Epsom 20ml

Soil: Sunshine Mix #4 with Si & Dolomite
PH: N/A but tap 7.5 sitting 24+hrs 7.4 and with nutrients added at 1/2 PH 6.5

All three plants are clones taken from same plant at same time grown together. Then transplanted together in same medium. All are now in 7Gal pots but one is low and wide (Solo’s).

All have Sunshine mix #4 with wormcastings & Jobes organic 4-4-4 (chicken poo) mixed in.

I start day counts after pre-veg. They are on day 40 today. They are about 3.5 months old now that I think about it.

Plenty more details if wanted.
So at this time we have one or more issues.

Overwatering
Nitrogen toxicity
Root bound
Hungry

Battery is almost dead so I hope this is okay for a good first run/test.

TIA
Zen

Great documentation.

I have a couple ideas, but you would be better off listening to a soil grower, especially an organic one.

I am not finding your soil but I found a few sunshine #4s. what color is your bag?
Sorry guys/lady’s.
18C6C55B-E6E1-42ED-A136-1800F59BCBEF.jpegD893D6FD-EDEA-4E69-8CBE-EA182D00DA06.jpeg

Need to find a way to rotate these on the iPhone. It changes orientation when I shrink.

I'd say too frequent watering and maybe too much N are probably safe bets. How much and how often were you watering before they went off the rails?
Up until the second move they had been better but pre-veg leaves them hungry and at least some yellowing. G$ helped/directed them to a healthier state but they have gotten worse since.

After first move and transplant from 3G to 7G pots we fed about 3L-4L each. A little Green Planet Pro Cal, a little epsom and nothing else. That was March 10th, Day 2 for true veg settings.

Day 3: the earth between new and old soil opened here/there like fault lines. Watered about 2L only on fault line outward.

Day 7: gave light foliar spray watered down tea from worm castings & epsom. Leaves looking better hours later. Also helped RH.

Day 8: Feed and water clones.
Half mix:
- 4ml/3.5L 4-0-0 Base
- 4ml/3.5L 2-2-6 Grow
- 8ml/3.5L 0.1-0.1-0.5 Karma
- 15ml/3.5L Epsom
- Total of 4.74L each

Day 12: Clones still look yellow’ish to me.
- 4ml/3.5L 4-0-0 Base
- 4ml/3.5L 2-2-6 Grow
- 8ml/3.5L 0.1-0.1-0.5 Karma
- 15ml/3.5L Epsom
- Total of 3.33L each.

Day 14: Clones look better with more green on new growth. No water/food.

Day 15:
- 10ml/3.5L 0.1-0.1-0.5 Karma
- Total of 3.75L each.

Day 19:
- 20ml Epsom Per pot, dry on top soil.
- Total of 4L each

Day 22:
- 15ml Epsom per pot dry
- 9ml/3.5L 0.1-0.1-0.5 Karma
- Total of 3.5L each

Day 26:
- Total of 3.5L each

Day 30:
Twins moved & Solo is now on her own.
- 4ml/3.5L 4-0-0 Base
- 4ml/3.5L 2-2-6 Grow
- 5ml/3.5L 0.1-0.1-0.5 Karma
- Total of 7L each.

At this point I’ll save & post.

They started looking worse again the day after the move. Either just before or just after April 1st.

Lights had been matched to previous zone and moved up a bit each day until 50000 LUX, to veg.

If you want more details please ask. I left out other details to save space. I can also do the last 10 days if any help.

Is it possible you're watering too little, but too often? I feel like 3-4 liters in a 7 gal is not enough to truly saturate... I feel like it should be closer to 7-8 liters if the soil is dry enough? I could be wrong...
Last two or three have been 7L each but usually over an hour or more. And less than 300ml runoff for all three together.

Last watering, after waiting 5.5 days, the twins took 5L each and solo 7L.

This was Solo 24hrs prior to watering.
DDE5BFCF-4D27-42BF-A317-C9B8C78C46E1.jpeg

Twins 24hrs prior to watering.
2C1A171A-4392-4DD5-9017-F59CB100D84F.jpeg

This was to dry out after possible overwatering.

Last edited:
Last two or three have been 7L each but usually over an hour or more. And less than 300ml runoff for all three together.

Last watering, after waiting 5.5 days, the twins took 5L each and solo 7L.

This was Solo 24hrs prior to watering.
View attachment 582

Twins 24hrs prior to watering.
View attachment 583

This was to dry out after possible overwatering.
Sorry I’m nuttin here I just hate them meters I feel they are unreliable at best lifting or weighing to start is most effective in my opinion - im also leaning on to much food and not enuff water but ….

I think I know what's wrong - this is not hydro.

Sorry, I jest, but it seems like for the crowdsourcing thing to work, we are gonna need more soil growers here. We are kinda hydro heavy at the moment.
Yeah but there’s 5/6 of us here some doing both .

I really think watering is the main culprit to what I see.
I also notice you have added no Ca at all yet?
I use the meters when I really wonder and the readings you have would tell me to wait before watering.

Hey zen is your light turned up all the way? Sorry havnt realy been following along on this grow but it looks sunburnt and IMHO needs or dosnt need water.lol something with the watering needs tweeked.mabey a dash of cal.

Hey zen is your light turned up all the way? Sorry havnt realy been following along on this grow but it looks sunburnt and IMHO needs or dosnt need water.lol something with the watering needs tweeked.mabey a dash of cal.
Good to have you here~!

Welcome stonemason,

I want to say that ive always awed when watching a stonemason at work.

Now where did your handle come from?

Welcome stonemason,

I want to say that ive always awed when watching a stonemason at work.

Now where did your handle come from?
I'm a stone mason.not just a clever name.lol good to be here will introduce myself later when I get sometime.zen invited me a few days ago.

Attachments

• 20191202_140255.jpg
    20191202_140255.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom