Wow, nice shooting Granny!,,,,,just going to throw a poke here.....they don't say women's division or special persons category......lol....Does that mean you went at it with the men head to head and out shot em all?....senior age exemption?....do they do like in golf and put the women's Tee boxes 50 yards closer to the targets?

Hey Granny, congrats again. Where/ when did you do all the shooting to acquire those skills. It doesn't sound to me like you do a lot of practicing now so there must have been a time in your life you did a lot of it, Do you practice at home? Do you have a nightly shoot off with the hubby before bed? rabbits at 200yards? Anny Oakly style

Wow, nice shooting Granny!,,,,,just going to throw a poke here.....they don't say women's division or special persons category......lol....Does that mean you went at it with the men head to head and out shot em all?....senior age exemption?....do they do like in golf and put the women's Tee boxes 50 yards closer to the targets?
Lol! No exemptions. No special Ed advantages, target not closer..

Hey Granny, congrats again. Where/ when did you do all the shooting to acquire those skills. It doesn't sound to me like you do a lot of practicing now so there must have been a time in your life you did a lot of it, Do you practice at home? Do you have a nightly shoot off with the hubby before bed? rabbits at 200yards? Anny Oakly style
My Dad started this at the age of five, so been shooting for 55 years now. I do practice a couple of times a month, more so to keep correct form. Once you learn to read the wind and mirage, nothing changes. The mechanics are the same. No need to go banging bullets every day. The powder, primers and bullet cases are getting pretty expensive.
The Hubby and I compete with one another every month or at any match we shoot, as we shoot the same division. Mid range at 600 yards. Long range is a thousand plus. Something I may take up in the near future.
There were three woman in this match. One just needs to practice a lot, she is unable to read the wind, the other a cry baby that withdrew after the first day as she didn’t do well. So yes, head to head with 77 men. I ask for zero special concessions, I don’t need them and they don’t exist in this game.IMG_2090.jpeg

My Dad started this at the age of five, so been shooting for 55 years now. I do practice a couple of times a month, more so to keep correct form. Once you learn to read the wind and mirage, nothing changes. The mechanics are the same. No need to go banging bullets every day. The powder, primers and bullet cases are getting pretty expensive.
The Hubby and I compete with one another every month or at any match we shoot, as we shoot the same division. Mid range at 600 yards. Long range is a thousand plus. Something I may take up in the near future.
There were three woman in this match. One just needs to practice a lot, she is unable to read the wind, the other a cry baby that withdrew after the first day as she didn’t do well. So yes, head to head with 77 men. I ask for zero special concessions, I don’t need them and they don’t exist in this game.View attachment 59468

were you and your husband teammates in the team win?

very very cool Granny!! much respect!!!!!

i bet it makes celebratory ice cream that much sweeter!!!!!
Man it was a high for sure. This is a once a year two day match with eighty chosen shooters. They come from several states. Second year I have made it in. We celebrated with surf n turf! 🥰

Man it was a high for sure. This is a once a year two day match with eighty chosen shooters. They come from several states. Second year I have made it in. We celebrated with surf n turf! 🥰

awesome!!!!!! what size bullet do you shoot for that comp? (1000 yards!!) caliber/grain?

7mm 220 grain for optimum. For my range 600 yards, it’s a 6mm 108 grain.

wow!!! so i'm familiar with your gun, i own a 7mm winchester mag..

003.JPG

but there ain't no way possible i'm hitting the broad side of a barn at 600yrds let alone a target!!!!!! hahaha

to be honest i'm not sure i've even ever scoped a target that far.

As she stated, windage, drop of projectile, and that rifle she owns, is a special "Sniper" type rifle, made for precision. weighed & weighted, for balance. Technique and steady form is needed, why she practices. Hillybilly explaination,Ha misspelled hillbilly

Mornin mah friend Zen! @Zen_seeker !
Morning again CG. 🥰

Just in paperwork hell the last week. And no data. Today is another phone meeting so not a great day. At least the data reset.

Just going to read all the new posts and try to chill before the call.

Glad you did so well. Any further out and you’re going to have to start taking the curvature of the earth into consideration.

I’d be more like my son… dad you set it up and I’ll just pull the trigger. 🤣

As she stated, windage, drop of projectile, and that rifle she owns, is a special "Sniper" type rifle, made for precision. weighed & weighted, for balance. Technique and steady form is needed, why she practices. Hillybilly explaination,Ha misspelled hillbilly
No such thing as a sniper rifle. It’s just a rifle being used by a sniper. But man are some of them gorgeous. 🥰

You are right on. It’s a custom build. Took about a year and a half for it to come together. The stock is an A&S from Italy, Borden action and a Bix trigger. It has to meet weight specifications.

Morning again CG. 🥰

Just in paperwork hell the last week. And no data. Today is another phone meeting so not a great day. At least the data reset.

Just going to read all the new posts and try to chill before the call.

Glad you did so well. Any further out and you’re going to have to start taking the curvature of the earth into consideration.

I’d be more like my son… dad you set it up and I’ll just pull the trigger. 🤣
Mornin my friend Zen!
Draw a deep breath and do this!
Thanks much for the congrats! It truly was shocking to me. Made me a bit nervous, to the point I ask my scorer to call score and please stop talking to me! I get in a zone and I don’t like being called out of it.

Like Tom Brady and his coach, little letters coach, Tom: Chill Bill, I got this don't stop the game again! Tom was probably runnig plays not called by the coach,Ha

Last edited:
Back to trim jail today! Got three left to clean and hang. Tomorrow is dirt jail, up potting six new ladies. Really out of my comfort zone with this crop as I have never smoked a single strain I am growing this round!

Like Tom Brady and his coach, little letters coach, Tom: Chill Bill, I got this don't stop the game again!
True that! He was a bit put out, but he should have known better. Just let me finish the relay and then we can talk. I give complete and total concentration to my game. I’m sure the look I cut him spoke volumes!

True that! He was a bit put out, but he should have known better. Just let me finish the relay and then we can talk. I give complete and total concentration to my game. I’m sure the look I cut him spoke volumes!
Dentist, barber and drivers do it too. I’m not there for the conversation. How about we pay attention to what we’re doing? 🤦

Dentist, barber and drivers do it too. I’m not there for the conversation. How about we pay attention to what we’re doing? 🤦
I quit going to a barber, I got 2 sets of Whal electric trimmers, Now I am letting it grow, not since I was 16, oh heck,Ha! It's already, oops, take a bath, too long hair for the sink.

Last edited:
Pics or it didn’t happen.

Who’s got the longest hippie hair on the board? Or best tat? I got neither but when I retire I’m going full repunzel Or maybe this

View attachment 59524

i only need like two haircuts a year anymore, just doesn't grow much these days!! 😆 and i got me a Raiders tattoo.. that's gotta count for something, maybe not much.. but something!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom