Colombian and Colombian Crosses

Colombian clone is now 59 days in the flower room with 13:15 hours dark. I don't see any balls so far, but why won't it flower? Does the stem need to be a certain size? I don't get it. What's the flower trigger? I thought it was time, but apparently that ain't it.IMG_20230609_171318203.jpgIMG_20230609_172333046.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for the pure Colombian expereience in something I can actually grow in a small space. I can't even keep the Colombian clones small. These F1s are a bit too tall and take to long, but I think they are growable. I think I will need to sort through some f2s to find a winner. IDK if the pollen even worked. It was real humid and lumpy-don't see any seeds yet.

Colombian clone is now 59 days in the flower room with 13:15 hours dark. I don't see any balls so far, but why won't it flower? Does the stem need to be a certain size? I don't get it. What's the flower trigger? I thought it was time, but apparently that ain't it.View attachment 6442View attachment 6444

Is there any chance of a light leak? Maybe some new device you added that has an LED?

Lower temps maybe? Feed them with ice water?

This is crazy long, is there such a thing as a cannabis plant that will not flower? Seems like it would be at the end of it's genetic branch and die off if it can't reproduce. I don't get it.

Is there any chance of a light leak? Maybe some new device you added that has an LED?

This is crazy long, is there such a thing as a cannabis plant that will not flower? Seems like it would be at the end of it's genetic branch and die off if it can't reproduce. I don't get it.
No leaks, and the other plants flower. Even the one I female successfully grew to maturity, the clone revegged when it should flower. The half breeds I've grown all finshed so far.

How many on hours of light you running? 11/13? 10/14?

13/15 is your light cycle?

The temps are something I wish I had more control over. Until I switched to led, I couldn't even think about growing after April. Now its tough because the temp never gets below 77 in the dark. That could be part of it.

Do you follow Tom Hill at all on Instagram growsince? He is a big sativa guy. I've heard some of these strains taking less than 10 hours of light to flower properly is why I asked. May just need a little less light time?

This sounds wild and I'm not saying to do this but I saw in another post @Aqua Man was talking about a 6/6 light schedule. I recently came across someone else claiming to run a 6/18 light cycle in flower and that plants love it apparently. Also watching someone else's grow journal on another site that is doing it and getting good results.

I posted the video in the thread about bubblehash. Skip to about the 50 minute mark if you wanna hear what the guy has to say. Worth a listen I'd say.

Do you follow Tom Hill at all on Instagram growsince? He is a big sativa guy. I've heard some of these strains taking less than 10 hours of light to flower properly is why I asked. May just need a little less light time?

This sounds wild and I'm not saying to do this but I saw in another post @Aqua Man was talking about a 6/6 light schedule. I recently came across someone else claiming to run a 6/18 light cycle in flower and that plants love it apparently. Also watching someone else's grow journal on another site that is doing it and getting good results.

I posted the video in the thread about bubblehash. Skip to about the 50 minute mark if you wanna hear what the guy has to say. Worth a listen I'd say.
Outside in Colombia, they always get at least 11.5 hour days. Some are just POS and never make good buds.

Do you think they may have an internal clock that's keeping them from flowering? I've heard of some sativas that won't flower until they are like 3 months old.
Yes that's absolutely true. But you would think a clone taken from a mature plant, rooted in the flower room would flower right away. The original was a herm (or was it?) I just wanted to see if I could root it in 11hrs light. I'll keep it around a little longer in the name of science.IMG_20230610_181331264.jpg

The male Colombian didn't take forever. So if I make Col x CSB seeds and cross the fastest one (3/4 Col) back to the frozen pollen what would happen? The world may never know, or will they?
Only one way to find out brother… no guarantee of any trait to be passed on…. Roll the 🎲 is my vote

Back
Top Bottom