Grow 4 life, Mr.G grow and show.

Does the 67 still work fine?
Runs probably 16 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 years.
Also have the controller 529 from before the 67 model was made, and thats been going for 5 years, ive never had any kind of issue with them.

No offense man, but that's a crazy take.
Intermatic timers don't really take dumps, and even the cheaper titan/atlas timers are very reliable, I haven't had one fail in 20 years of growing.
I have however been an idiot and set them improperly.. which is on me though, not the timer. The moral should really be that alcohol and weed consumption has no place in the growroom haha. Really though, how do you grow hydroponics without timers?

And .63c kwh is crazy expensive. Holy crap.
I can think of 5 different times timers have caused a problem for growers. Some are the user and some are the device!

Take a look above to good shits comment and replacing them.
Now, I'm not saying all timers are built equally. I'm sure there are some crap ones out there and no doubt some people try to run too much power through them which can burn them out sure, but a good timer used properly is a growers right hand.
I've been using titan controls timers and intermatic "hottub" timers for a long long time, and they don't fail.

The reasonably priced alternative is what? Manually turning on/off every lamp twice a day and manual feeding?

Now, I'm not saying all timers are built equally. I'm sure there are some crap ones out there and no doubt some people try to run too much power through them which can burn them out sure, but a good timer used properly is a growers right hand.
I've been using titan controls timers and intermatic "hottub" timers for a long long time, and they don't fail.

The reasonably priced alternative is what? Manually turning on/off every lamp twice a day and manual feeding?
I use trolmaster controllers. I think I have 8 at the moment. I can run most anything thru them. AC, Dehu, Humidifier. Lights, waterings, CO2, etc. I just do not really trust timers in flower too much money at stake once week 5 hits.

I remember your hot tub timer wiith yellow romex. Those work well, but we had 2 take a dump on our pool as well.

I keep eyes on lights on and lights off, so a failing timer doesn’t concern me. I’ve never had one fail. Knock on wood.

I doing another selective leaf plucking, canopy too thick for my liking.

IMG_3941.jpeg

Cool shot Mixing the res this morning.

IMG_3939.jpeg

You had 2 mechanical intermatics fail? I just, I mean I've used hundreds of them over the years and never seen one shit the bed unless it was operator error. Sometimes people wouldn't torque the set pins down tight enough or something, which I don't blame on the timer. I always set the pins with pliers.

Anyway, not everyone has the money to invest in trolmasters, which are very nice, but expensive and honestly overkill for most home growers.

Sorry to clog up your thread again MrG.

You had 2 mechanical intermatics fail? I just, I mean I've used hundreds of them over the years and never seen one shit the bed unless it was operator error. Sometimes people wouldn't torque the set pins down tight enough or something, which I don't blame on the timer. I always set the pins with pliers.

Anyway, not everyone has the money to invest in trolmasters, which are very nice, but expensive and honestly overkill for most home growers.

I was looking at them

Don't have that kind of $$ or priority, atm.

That 100$ aci doesn't look bad

No BS 2 of them, granted it was years ago but with planned obsolescences it should have worked in my favor. How long does your microwave last these days? TV?
As far as the Trolmaster's, most I hang with use them down here. Not just me being crazy over kill. I am only using 2 right now. I guess some of it comes down to your mind set. Nothing wrong with either mind set. I am just not going to risk it to timers I have seen become problematic.

Absolutely mindset plays a part for me lol. I'm both cheap and I like simple solutions.

I'm also getting old i guess and most of my growing was done before a lot of the new grow controller technology was even a thing. For me, good timers are a reliable and well proven, tried and tested way to go. Especially for a small personal use setup.
No doubt, with modern technology there are/will be all in one controllers that will make me eat crow, and feel like an old man. But most of the good ones are still a lot more than I could buy timers for.

Absolutely mindset plays a part for me lol. I'm both cheap and I like simple solutions.

I'm also getting old i guess and most of my growing was done before a lot of the new grow controller technology was even a thing. For me, good timers are a reliable and well proven, tried and tested way to go. Especially for a small personal use setup.
No doubt, with modern technology there are/will be all in one controllers that will make me eat crow, and feel like an old man. But most of the good ones are still a lot more than I could buy timers for.
I agree they cost money, no doubt. I would never go back for what it is worth.
But like here is what happens every time I go cheap. I was setting up a new area and my old pattern must have jacked 2 of the blue lab auto pHers I had left in storage. Anyways I saw someone on here mention Millwalkee Inst. for the same thing. Sure enough about 1/4 the price. So more for homer grower per say. Well I get the thing and I am like WTF is up with this pump. It has a peristaltic pump just like the Bluelab but the thing is legit putting out 4 to 5 times the volume as the Blue Lab. Additionally total stupid knob to adjust the PH setting that is poorly graduated. Set screws and screwdriver for setting PH. Yes is was 1/4 the price but I am still 6 weeks later trying to make it work correctly. I had to dilute PH solution to compensate for the pump size. Still figuring that out. Knob is also a challenge because of the Pump Size. Basically the whole thing is a POS. This is an example of why I purchase the type of products I use. And this is not the only example

But like here is what happens every time I go cheap. I was setting up a new area and my old pattern must have jacked 2 of the blue lab auto pHers I had left in storage. Anyways I saw someone on here mention Millwalkee Inst. for the same thing. Sure enough about 1/4 the price. So more for homer grower per say. Well I get the thing and I am like WTF is up with this pump. It has a peristaltic pump just like the Bluelab but the thing is legit putting out 4 to 5 times the volume as the Blue Lab. Additionally total stupid knob to adjust the PH setting that is poorly graduated. Set screws and screwdriver for setting PH. Yes is was 1/4 the price but I am still 6 weeks later trying to make it work correctly. I had to dilute PH solution to compensate for the pump size. Still figuring that out. Knob is also a challenge because of the Pump Size. Basically the whole thing is a POS. This is an example of why I purchase the type of products I use. And this is not the only example
excellent point.

Yeah look, I agree some things, you get what you pay for, and you buy what you know works well. Ive only ever used Bluelab meters because they have been the most reliable and longest lasting. Some things you can't cheap out on. Same reason I use quality, expensive extraction fans and filters.

But I think my main point is that I've used literally hundreds and hundreds of timers from titan atlas to T104's over a pretty long period of time, and never had a single one of them fail, at least that wasn't my fault for mixing up am/pm or something stupid. I think most people should feel confidant that if they use a quality timer, it's going to be reliable. Just because its not as expensive as a trolmaster doesnt mean it wont reliably turn your light off and on. Telling people not to use timers because they can fail just doesn't check out with my experience using timers exclusively for quite a while.

Yeah look, I agree some things, you get what you pay for, and you buy what you know works well. Ive only ever used Bluelab meters because they have been the most reliable and longest lasting. Some things you can't cheap out on. Same reason I use quality, expensive extraction fans and filters.

But I think my main point is that I've used literally hundreds and hundreds of timers from titan atlas to T104's over a pretty long period of time, and never had a single one of them fail, at least that wasn't my fault for mixing up am/pm or something stupid. I think most people should feel confidant that if they use a quality timer, it's going to be reliable. Just because its not as expensive as a trolmaster doesnt mean it wont reliably turn your light off and on. Telling people not to use timers because they can fail just doesn't check out with my experience using timers exclusively for quite a while.
About all I can say is there must be a reason why we are using what we use. Meaning it works for me and my past experience and that of others in my group is the same no timers. Rather it be operator error or timer problem they have issues.

What went in the rez today?
9 ingredients today.
I follow the Diablo feed calculator for the most part, but not the full lineup,

3part. Equal ratios of each to start flower
Used 70ml of each in 30L res.
Thrive, cal, rhino skin, carb, frost, and bud blood. Half doses of all additives. EC was flashing between 1.0-1.1.

Agreed. I never saw value in spending big money on timers, but air movement I went way overkill. 18” hurricane fan for a 4x8room, big boy canfan rated for a room 8x bigger🤣

Agreed. I never saw value in spending big money on timers, but air movement I went way overkill. 18” hurricane fan for a 4x8room, big boy canfan rated for a room 8x bigger🤣
Maybe it's a BC thing haha.
My canfan/filter combo is way oversized too. It's the only way to get a good scrub on the smell in a vented grow. Oversized and dialed down.

Need to do some cable management, gives me anxiety looking at the web of ratchet ropes and cords🤪IMG_3970.jpeg

not seeing any sign of males in the mix, actually most showing fem signs. I’m in for a bungle in the jungle if I don’t get a few out of the space.
IMG_3969.jpeg

environment on point, hurry up and wait.
IMG_3972.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom