New critical orange punch mainline grow

Nice work. Is this the grow where you had some spots early on? Seems dialed in now
Yeah it is bro, turned out to be a calmag issue, I was following a feed chart that said not to give them any calmag while in the seedling stage, until 2 weeks old. So I didn't and then when I did start them on the calmag the brown spots stopped and all the new growth a week later is perfect. Somebody said that I shud of started calmag straight away and I guess they are right

Was gonna wait a couple of days but just decided to get it over with and took the next step and removed everything below the third node. I always hate this step seems super counterintuitive to me, but after doing it few times now it defo works in my opinion. So now manifolds are created and just to let them grow out now until its time to top again 20240107_133145.jpg

So how long on average does it take to grow out now?
Very cool and thanks for showing how it is done.(y)
I'd say a couple of week maybe, I just need to wait for them 2 branches to grow 4/5 nodes and then I'll just top each branch at the 3rd node again but then instead of removing everything below that I'll just remove the second node leaving node one and three intact leaving me eight main stems in total, sounds confusing I know but once ypu gey into it it's really not difficult to do

Its a good way bro aint it to get solid colas. Meks brnaches strong an thicker. Jus slows veg down abit depending on how each strain reacts to all the toppings. But look at yield you got lost time out. Worth mainlining wore it
Yeah bro well worth it, it also depends how many colas your trying to achieve, I'm only going for 8 so I only need to top twice but if I wanted 16 say, I'd have to top them a third time which will obviously make the veg time alot longer, but I always just go for 8 that way I can achieve it easily with a 5 week veg time

Yeah it is bro, turned out to be a calmag issue, I was following a feed chart that said not to give them any calmag while in the seedling stage, until 2 weeks old. So I didn't and then when I did start them on the calmag the brown spots stopped and all the new growth a week later is perfect. Somebody said that I shud of started calmag straight away and I guess they are right
I think that depends on your water, I've had problems with giving cal mag early, it locks out other nutes if there's too much Ca in your system's feed and water, soil. I then had issues in flower because I didn't have enough Ca.

I came upon this chart and this is how I now feed. With just base nutes through veg then I adjust according to this graph.....it works for me as I taper up and down my feed

Just watch your plants for signs of stalling and seeing the new growth stay small over a few days and maybe a bit lime / yellow colored. if so back off the cal/mag1704641077010.png

Was gonna wait a couple of days but just decided to get it over with and took the next step and removed everything below the third node. I always hate this step seems super counterintuitive to me, but after doing it few times now it defo works in my opinion. So now manifolds are created and just to let them grow out now until its time to top again View attachment 37620
I've always looked at that as a way to slow down the growth but it sure looks nice when done right and I guess the end justifies the means. Much easier to keep a level canopy as well with your method. I've never had the balls to giver a try. like cutting arms off your kids. I'll watch along and see how yours goes.......hard to change an old dogs habits though.

I think that depends on your water, I've had problems with giving cal mag early, it locks out other nutes if there's too much Ca in your system's feed and water, soil. I then had issues in flower because I didn't have enough Ca.

I came upon this chart and this is how I now feed. With just base nutes through veg then I adjust according to this graph.....it works for me as I taper up and down my feed

Just watch your plants for signs of stalling and seeing the new growth stay small over a few days and maybe a bit lime / yellow colored. if so back off the cal/magView attachment 37626
Thankyou pal šŸ‘

I've always looked at that as a way to slow down the growth but it sure looks nice when done right and I guess the end justifies the means. Much easier to keep a level canopy as well with your method. I've never had the balls to giver a try. like cutting arms off your kids. I'll watch along and see how yours goes.......hard to change an old dogs habits though.
Yeah I totally get what your saying bro first time I ever did it I shit myself thinking I was killing it or at best seriously fucking it up, but I've had nothing but positive results from doing it, defo dome better yield wise as to when I just left them alone, I got just over 30 ounce dried bud off four plants last time, which i thinks decent, and I encountered problems mid flower which I've absolutely no doubt hindered my plants because the growth slowed right down and never picked back up so hoping to do better this time around. But we all of our own ways of doing stuff bro and I'm a firm believer of 'if it's not broken l, don't try fix it' so if your way works for you then it's all good šŸ‘Œ

Yeah I totally get what your saying bro first time I ever did it I shit myself thinking I was killing it or at best seriously fucking it up, but I've had nothing but positive results from doing it, defo dome better yield wise as to when I just left them alone, I got just over 30 ounce dried bud off four plants last time, which i thinks decent, and I encountered problems mid flower which I've absolutely no doubt hindered my plants because the growth slowed right down and never picked back up so hoping to do better this time around. But we all of our own ways of doing stuff bro and I'm a firm believer of 'if it's not broken l, don't try fix it' so if your way works for you then it's all good šŸ‘Œ
That's quite a dry yield for 4 plants. 30 oz's is just under 2 lbs. 7+ ozs a plant is pretty good!!

What happened?
Just the ec of my runoff kept spiking really bad so I'd have to flush it then a week later it wud spike again and so on and so on. But I was growing in just coco no perlite and I don't thin I was feeding often enough, so I've gone for perlite this time and will be feeding 3 times a day rather than the 2 I was and see if I don't have the problem this time around

Back
Top Bottom