Stoney's Luv Shack

i'm quite fond of my "sugar jar" !!!!!!! i get that proud papa feeling every time i open the door!!! :D

i really have no idea where my moisture goes, i caulked all around the peltier heatsink waterproof tight to the plastic inside. i was hoping this would force the moisture across the plastic floor and down the drain but the most i see is droplets form on the heatsink a little and then once it reaches temp it shuts off and all the droplets evaporate back into the air. it brings the rh up a little while doing this but not nearly enough, by time it actually gets close to enough the cooler kicks back on and lowers the rh and starts all over again. it must be like you say and all the moisture my eva-dry would collect was from the air and not the buds. my old setup was not sealed in any way.

if you open your base i bet you will fid a peltier unit already in there... i found out from playing with my evadry that if you just apply 9vdc to a 12v peltier it doesn't freeze up the heatsink it just condensates a lot. the heatsink is then cut on an angle to cause it to drip better.. it drips into a vessel and that's exactly how an eva dry works.

View attachment 63497

if yours does in fact have a peltier unit in it then all you need to do is switch the polarity on the wires to make it go from heat to cool. that's the beauty of using peltier.

i've often thought about slapping one in an old cooler. way cheaper than buying one of those electric coolers!!! it would be awesome to have for bringing home cold foods on a hot day!!

man if you could solar yours that would be free chillin during the sun hours, that could save even more cash!! i've often thought about making a 12vdc solar/wind gen and run a circuit throughout the house and garage with it just to power everything that uses 12vd.. bro i power a lot of gadgets and converters that waste power with all kinds of wall warts and things i have seven 12v battery tenders on vehicles, mowers, bikes, and atvs... to have a full dedicated 12volt system in my house would save so much on power bills. it would be unique but who cares.. hell just charging all my smoking devices has got to save a few bucks a year!! :LOL:

but a cooler would be ez to install one and you already own all the tools you would need to make it really nice. please don't go using one of those badass yeti coolers man, those are way too nice!!!! although..... they are a lot better insulated than any other cooler. from tests i've seen it's almost double the (r) rating in insulation!!! so the better the cooler the better the peltier performs!!! pc fan quality is also a very close second.. cheap fans are loud and don't move much air... less than $20 in new fans make it perform much better.

the one downside of peltier that the mfg's don't tell ya about.. you can't just stuff these fridge's and coolers in a tight spot like you can other refrigeration units the ventilation is key. i used boards and things to direct the airflow under my dryer to help pull all the warm air away and keep fresh cool air going in. you can't take one of those coolers on a road trip stuffed in the luggage like you can a regular cooler. but with you having a 3d printer you will have no problem making custom parts or air ducts to make yours pimp status!!!

yeah so is not having enough cash to buy one for $1600!! haha i came up with half but just could see myself buying one. you guys know me, i like built not bought, it's my lifestyle!

yeah she blacker than a muther fker too!!! (friday movie joke)

if only i was inventing it i could say that... i'm an outlaw, i'm stealing that design and bootlegging my own!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you guys wait and see!! i got our chief Mr. Red in my corner, the king of fog... it's about to get crazy cool with controls and performance!!!

Thanks for the input man.
Nah I aint tearing into any of my Yetis! I have a cheapo cooler and a marine grade Igloo that's about 20 years old and used to play Eyes Of Texas when you opened the lid.
But every time I go down one of these rabbit hole ideas for other things start coming up so I started looking at electric coolers truck drivers use on Amazon and will go check out an 80 quart at costco today.
I was thinking this would just replace my minifridge and with the Igloo I have, it can do just that.
But then I got to thinkin git would be pretty cool to be able to stick my tumbler in one of these things and tumble weed at freezing or below freezing temps. My tumbler is too big to fit in the Igloo so I'm going over some options. ;)

Thanks for the input man.
Nah I aint tearing into any of my Yetis! I have a cheapo cooler and a marine grade Igloo that's about 20 years old and used to play Eyes Of Texas when you opened the lid.
But every time I go down one of these rabbit hole ideas for other things start coming up so I started looking at electric coolers truck drivers use on Amazon and will go check out an 80 quart at costco today.
I was thinking this would just replace my minifridge and with the Igloo I have, it can do just that.
But then I got to thinkin git would be pretty cool to be able to stick my tumbler in one of these things and tumble weed at freezing or below freezing temps. My tumbler is too big to fit in the Igloo so I'm going over some options. ;)

So now I need to build mine so it fits IN my deep freezer! 🤔😂

I was at a crossroads there with my deep freeze. It would have plenty of room if not for all the steaks, seafood, briskets, and veggie bags I have in the thing 😋but it's getting some age to it and I've been wanting an upright deep freeze especially with them coming on sale a lot.
So if I did that then the chest deep freezer could be used just for weed extractions but it's overkill and would sit warm until I needed it. The most power a freezer will use is on start up so it would be super inefficient.

I'm really looking for a multipurpose large fridge with variable temp control and very low power consumption.
So I YOLO'ed the fuck out of it and scored an iceless 78 quart travel fridge. Temps range from -4 to 68. Pulls 80 watts max, plenty of room for a lot of grove bags and the tumbler, and it can go off grid😊

cooler.png
cooler2.png

Frezerstein

did you copyright that name yet?? :D :D

man you live in a deep freezer, just use your porch like i do! :ROFLMAO:

but seriously... yes!, if you can!! i don't but if you can it's better.

I was at a crossroads there with my deep freeze. It would have plenty of room if not for all the steaks, seafood, briskets, and veggie bags I have in the thing 😋but it's getting some age to it and I've been wanting an upright deep freeze especially with them coming on sale a lot.
So if I did that then the chest deep freezer could be used just for weed extractions but it's overkill and would sit warm until I needed it. The most power a freezer will use is on start up so it would be super inefficient.

I'm really looking for a multipurpose large fridge with variable temp control and very low power consumption.
So I YOLO'ed the fuck out of it and scored an iceless 78 quart travel fridge. Temps range from -4 to 68. Pulls 80 watts max, plenty of room for a lot of grove bags and the tumbler, and it can go off grid😊

View attachment 63605
View attachment 63606

thats sweet man, think how chillin that seat will be on a hot day!!!!!

app control just puts it over the top!!!

two weeks since dry seed. timer will get bumped another two hours tomorrow making it 14-10 and the lights will be bumped up to 42%

011.JPG

i can already pick out two of the three that won't move on to the next round!!! maybe the back LA will be the third torch i snuff, the tribe has spoken! :LOL:

Will you not have room for all?
I always let stragglers follow if I have room.
Sometimes they turn out to be the weird aunt no one talks about~! :oops:

Will you not have room for all?
I always let stragglers follow if I have room.
Sometimes they turn out to be the weird aunt no one talks about~! :oops:

i can fit fifteen of the 3 gallon considering i use the fan i really wanna use the fan... unless i put two in one pot like last round..

15... four across, four deep and one missing for a low fan. no underside fan then 16... never been able to cull plants yet. i say i will..

You got have fan and the humidifier~!
For the love of God man~!:LOL:

no humidifier in this round... summer's here i got it up 65% down there now!!!!!

i can do with just canopy fans i guess.... might as well not even have a stripper pole that goes that low then!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

did you copyright that name yet?? :D :D

man you live in a deep freezer, just use your porch like i do! :ROFLMAO:

but seriously... yes!, if you can!! i don't but if you can it's better.

thats sweet man, think how chillin that seat will be on a hot day!!!!!

app control just puts it over the top!!!

Should make a nice seat for watering the grass.😋
Looking forward to it getting here so I can see if a vacuum port can be installed in the lid. Vac sealing is pretty much the only mod I see needing to be done with it other than building the solar power stuff

two weeks since dry seed. timer will get bumped another two hours tomorrow making it 14-10 and the lights will be bumped up to 42%

View attachment 63619

i can already pick out two of the three that won't move on to the next round!!! maybe the back LA will be the third torch i snuff, the tribe has spoken! :LOL:

It's like Survivor and KM & PI are first to get the boot!😋

Stripper pole? Now you've got my attention..

you know man, when you ain't got a tent you need stripper poles. sadly, the only stripper i have is a hairy one!!

001.JPG002.JPG

Should make a nice seat for watering the grass.😋
Looking forward to it getting here so I can see if a vacuum port can be installed in the lid. Vac sealing is pretty much the only mod I see needing to be done with it other than building the solar power stuff

It's like Survivor and KM & PI are first to get the boot!😋

man you better print out a cupholder for that thing too!!!! maybe it could cover the vacuum port, you wouldn't want to accidentally sit down on that!!! :ROFLMAO:

i caught a nice nap during the lightning delay in nashville... poured rain here. sunny and hot now!

Wife: WTF is Larson doing?
Me: I told you when it gets hot he does some stupid, dirty, and unnecessary shit out there. Remember Texas and Bubba? IDK why he moves people up the track like that and takes spots he knows are not his to take. No need to do it but he does it anyways. If Chastain did that, Holy Crap Mr. H and the racing world woulda gone nuclear on him 🤷‍♂️
Wife: Why doesn't he do it to Hamlin?
Me: IDK. Hamlin would probably door slam and feed him some fenders on the next lap.
Wife: I hope they wreck each other. I'm not sure I can be a fan of Larson anymore after seeing that
Me: Check out my new shirt that came in the mail today! It's a Lars.....Rasta shirt!:cool:

larson.png

Wife: WTF is Larson doing?
Me: I told you when it gets hot he does some stupid, dirty, and unnecessary shit out there. Remember Texas and Bubba? IDK why he moves people up the track like that and takes spots he knows are not his to take. No need to do it but he does it anyways. If Chastain did that, Holy Crap Mr. H and the racing world woulda gone nuclear on him 🤷‍♂️
Wife: Why doesn't he do it to Hamlin?
Me: IDK. Hamlin would probably door slam and feed him some fenders on the next lap.
Wife: I hope they wreck each other. I'm not sure I can be a fan of Larson anymore after seeing that
Me: Check out my new shirt that came in the mail today! It's a Lars.....Rasta shirt!:cool:

View attachment 63731

hey in all fairness he did try to wreck hamlin!!! :LOL:

and ya know the chastain deal.. it's nothing the 1 hasn't done to the 5 once or three times before..

that was a crazy ending... i was so pumped for the 14, i really thought he was gonna get one there... they all needed the old crusty wallace roll bars!! he used to store extra gas inside the roll bar tubes. they got caught pretty quick on that one!!!

hey in all fairness he did try to wreck hamlin!!! :LOL:

and ya know the chastain deal.. it's nothing the 1 hasn't done to the 5 once or three times before..

that was a crazy ending... i was so pumped for the 14, i really thought he was gonna get one there... they all needed the old crusty wallace roll bars!! he used to store extra gas inside the roll bar tubes. they got caught pretty quick on that one!!!

Looks like there's several stew pots of road rage simmering after yesterday. Nothing like a road course coming up to get those pots boiling over😁
Yeah that race was just crazy. Fans sure got their moneys worth on that one though! Woulda loved to have been there for that one.
14 is getting close! I have him picked for Indy so all hope isn't lost yet. Crazy how SHR drivers are kinda doing well despite zero help from Ford now

Looks like there's several stew pots of road rage simmering after yesterday. Nothing like a road course coming up to get those pots boiling over😁
Yeah that race was just crazy. Fans sure got their moneys worth on that one though! Woulda loved to have been there for that one.
14 is getting close! I have him picked for Indy so all hope isn't lost yet. Crazy how SHR drivers are kinda doing well despite zero help from Ford now

oooh thats right this week is chicago!!! bring on the bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i happy to see the SHR teams are not imploding and trying extra hard each week. it would be such a momentum boost to punch a playoff ticket.

yesterday i bumped my lights up to 42% and today i noticed a little leaf curl on a couple so i raised the lights up two inches. i think it's 30 inches above now.

007.JPG

008.JPG

i got an awesome gift from @Kopper1013 today!! gonna be a great independence day for sure!!

008.JPG

this is from his 1:1 thc/cbd cultivar. it blows me away, all the myths i've believed that it wouldn't get me high or wouldn't be the same because they cancel each other out.. all this time i have been avoiding high cbd strains.. not any more... i'm freakin torn up from a handful of vape rips!! and his "kopper juice" tastes amazing guys!!! i really want to try that liquidizer and his technique for sure!!!

the flower smells just like lemon cookies to me, i'm gonna smoke a doob later tonight before bed.

the cookies however just smell like yummy chocolate!!!!

Thanks again Kopper, stand tall and walk proud with your results, you did an awesome job!!!

i got an awesome gift from @Kopper1013 today!! gonna be a great independence day for sure!!

View attachment 64389

this is from his 1:1 thc/cbd cultivar. it blows me away, all the myths i've believed that it wouldn't get me high or wouldn't be the same because they cancel each other out.. all this time i have been avoiding high cbd strains.. not any more... i'm freakin torn up from a handful of vape rips!! and his "kopper juice" tastes amazing guys!!! i really want to try that liquidizer and his technique for sure!!!

the flower smells just like lemon cookies to me, i'm gonna smoke a doob later tonight before bed.

the cookies however just smell like yummy chocolate!!!!

Thanks again Kopper, stand tall and walk proud with your results, you did an awesome job!!!
Thank you very much!

I was really surprised by this strain as well as all the smokers I’ve given it to. It’s a different high but in a good way I think. Like just don’t give a f*ck weed.

Those accolades mean a lot coming from a guy with your experience and my lack of knowledge. You’ve been very helpful along my journey and I really appreciate it! Thank you sir and enjoy!

Thank you very much!

I was really surprised by this strain as well as all the smokers I’ve given it to. It’s a different high but in a good way I think. Like just don’t give a f*ck weed.

Those accolades mean a lot coming from a guy with your experience and my lack of knowledge. You’ve been very helpful along my journey and I really appreciate it! Thank you sir and enjoy!

i liked it a lot man, smoked a doob a bit ago and it burned great, never went out at all and burned to a perfect clean white ash!! i felt it smelled more citrus than it tasted but i also don't smoke a lot of flower.

it really does have that fuck all attitude and helps with aching muscles for sure!! you've made me a pennywise fan!!

things are growing well in the black hole... no issues other than that little bit of leaf curl on the two, maybe three... i'm thinking i will upcan and go to final pots this weekend. monday will start 12/12 with lights at 50% power.

seeds were dropped June 14th

004.JPG

001.JPG

003.JPG

maters and pepper plants are still alive....

002.JPG

003.JPG

got something eating every cucumber start i get.. it's a stealthy killer as i've yet to see anything... eats the heads right off them, so i planted a trap of tanglefoot today and put a couple more starts in... i'm going to hold off on the autos till i figure out what this is, hopefully i lean more tomorrow!!

Happy Independence Day everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.webp

Not missing that mylar at all huh?
I'm impressed with how many are on the same pace! Most do look ready to flip IMO. Health is outstanding.
You gonna hold over the smaller ones, cull them, or just let them live and get what you get from them?

Veggies are looking great too! You think a bug or maybe a field mouse is coming in there and eating the cuke sprouts?

Not missing that mylar at all huh?
I'm impressed with how many are on the same pace! Most do look ready to flip IMO. Health is outstanding.
You gonna hold over the smaller ones, cull them, or just let them live and get what you get from them?

Veggies are looking great too! You think a bug or maybe a field mouse is coming in there and eating the cuke sprouts?

not missing the bright mylar one bit man. i haven't had anuy leaning towards the light at all on the edges or anything.. they all seem to be getting proper light.

one thing that i haven't mentioned is how easy it is on the eye balls man!!! a few times now i've forgotten to wear shades and didn't have to squint at all.

i'm probably gonna hold over the two smaller ones for now, turn on the veg light and keep the same timing. it's so freakin hard for me to cull anything!!

and i assume my cuke killer is a bug, i haven't seen any disturbances in the soil at all.. i put the tanglefoot around them and haven't seen a thing, it might have scared off whatever it was... i'm hoping once their big enough it will leave em alone.. i got such a late start already i don't have much time left.

wow is it pouring rain here right now... 90* yet too!!!

not missing the bright mylar one bit man. i haven't had anuy leaning towards the light at all on the edges or anything.. they all seem to be getting proper light.

one thing that i haven't mentioned is how easy it is on the eye balls man!!! a few times now i've forgotten to wear shades and didn't have to squint at all.

i'm probably gonna hold over the two smaller ones for now, turn on the veg light and keep the same timing. it's so freakin hard for me to cull anything!!

and i assume my cuke killer is a bug, i haven't seen any disturbances in the soil at all.. i put the tanglefoot around them and haven't seen a thing, it might have scared off whatever it was... i'm hoping once their big enough it will leave em alone.. i got such a late start already i don't have much time left.

wow is it pouring rain here right now... 90* yet too!!!

Only 90? What is Winter here already?

Dangerous and diabolical heat down here man. 104 now but will hold in the 90s overnight. Maybe at 2am it drops below 90. Maybe.
Hoping this hurricane in the Gulf can cool us down a few days and give us a break along with needed rain.
Peppers are loving it though, weirdo plants

IMG_0662[1].jpeg

IMG_0663[1].jpeg

My peppers got torched by our 100 degree heat wave. They get sun all day, and it just tore them right up.

It's like weed. Some breeders are working with better genetics than others. 😋
I'm growing strains from New Mexico. They're bred for extreme Summer and drought. If these fuckers can thrive in Hatch, NM, they can do well almost anywhere it's hot with dry shitty drought stricken soil. Mine are somewhat pampered in used pot farming dirt.

Peppers do hate cold though so that coulda weakened them into not having any heat tolerance.
In the past I'd buy pepper plants at the store and they never did well or had tolerance to hot weather which is totally opposite of what peppers should do. I figured it was because the greenhouses in the north couldn't provide plants for the South or xtreme Summers that could hold up well.
Since I've been buying from NMSU, everything thrives in this heat

Back
Top Bottom