Stoney's Luv Shack

I'll be pulling first round out of my mega VG tomorrow.
Looking real good and I expect at least 20 out of 22 if not all of them.
Got a couple I still can't see coming up but they are on time how I see it.
Super sweet germinating so many so easy.
Thanks man~! 👊

that's awesome man!! i hope ya get all 22!!!! that taller wall really gives them lots of leg room and performs better!!!

You could hear the crowd cheer when the 8 went into the wall~! :ROFLMAO:
Gotta love New Hampshire~!

I think the #8 car my wife has rolling backwards on her desk is a voodoo doll ;)
I could really go for the 54 blowing a motor right now☠️

i guess i messed up my dvr or something because when i came in the house to watch the race it was at the end of the first stage already

saw the 8 hit the wall just now but it was already taped up..

sounds like rain is coming... looks like it might rain here too.

that's awesome man!! i hope ya get all 22!!!! that taller wall really gives them lots of leg room and performs better!!!

i guess i messed up my dvr or something because when i came in the house to watch the race it was at the end of the first stage already

saw the 8 hit the wall just now but it was already taped up..

sounds like rain is coming... looks like it might rain here too.

It's not you it's them. (y)My DVR went wonky too and when I hit play it was lap 47
As far as this delay goes...

dr-evil-shit.gif

But at least the 8 is toast:ROFLMAO:
Brisky's ride is garbage and he's talking about how much better the JGR cars are compared to his ride on the scanner 🥶

It's not you it's them. (y)My DVR went wonky too and when I hit play it was lap 47
As far as this delay goes...

View attachment 62848

But at least the 8 is toast:ROFLMAO:
Brisky's ride is garbage and he's talking about how much better the JGR cars are compared to his ride on the scanner 🥶

i went back to the pre race i have recorded and caught the very beginning on that, i guess they started 30 min early. didn't miss anything in the first 47...

i like briscoe's car this week!!! that's gotta be so tough for him knowing he won't be there or involved with anyone he's working with now. ya gotta feel like they're already competition. it's like the longest two week notice ever!!!

i missed so much this first part of the race so i'm re-watching it now...

again though, they repave only part of the tarck?!?! these owners make so much money for a race.. so they patch the corners but never paved over the bumps? you know if a track owner can't even keep the racing surface nice then chances are the seats, bathrooms, and other faculties there suck!!!

what's up with larson acting like a bitch? telling tyler to shut the fuk up... i missed all the scanner action today, when i went to put it on i saw my phone was at 1% so i put it on the charger then i went to the PC for the scanner but the site was repeating everything like a broken record so i turned it off. i was talking and sidetracked through most of it anyway, thats mainly why i hit replay...

Race was listed for 2:30 but USA said they were starting at 2:06 right after the Glen and squeezed in before indy.
I am not so sure I like watching USA over Fox.
Split screen is one thing but then you want to put up 3 screens and the running order?
Maybe if I was watching at the drive ins.
I don't have a billboard sized TV.

Thought Larson was funny and his spotter was surely trying to motivate him.
He should have done better.

Race was listed for 2:30 but USA said they were starting at 2:06 right after the Glen and squeezed in before indy.
I am not so sure I like watching USA over Fox.
Split screen is one thing but then you want to put up 3 screens and the running order?
Maybe if I was watching at the drive ins.
I don't have a billboard sized TV.

Thought Larson was funny and his spotter was surely trying to motivate him.
He should have done better.

i remember when usa only showed the top ten through the the entire race and only showed the rest at half and finish.. remember? they had the top ticker that showed like five at a time. if you were a ricky rudd fan it would take ten minutes just to see how he was running!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i paused for a while again, back on lap 100 right now. i haven't watched anything live for hours now so i'm hoping they postpone it and not try to squeeze in just half.. i'll miss it live tomorrow if they do...

ya know man larson's a small guy, don't tell me he hasn't dealt with bullies in his life.. hamlin is for sure a bully and always has been, i mean he hung out with the dude... don't be dirty but these cars are tough, he shouldn't take that shit. just rub his ass right up the track!! he won't do it anymore that day thats for sure.

i didn't hear the radio though man.. so many times those comments about the radio are so far out of context on tv. i wish we could dvr the scanner radio!!!

He has a bad year.
What a shame.
The crowd seemed to appreciate him [ not doing so well]. :p

He has a bad year.
What a shame.
The crowd seemed to appreciate him [ not doing so well]. :p

so after the race was over the 5 car teammates were congratulating each other then there was a pause and tyler said good effort to kyle and he said shut the fuk up!!! hahaha in a much different tone than the first time! :LOL:

how about that 14 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoooooppp!!!!!!!!!!

so after the race was over the 5 car teammates were congratulating each other then there was a pause and tyler said good effort to kyle and he said shut the fuk up!!! hahaha in a much different tone than the first time! :LOL:

how about that 14 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoooooppp!!!!!!!!!!

I took a nap during the delay and woke up to crazy. Dude...your cart oil is narcotic AF!!!
I think Larson told his spotter to STFU and not Reddick.
Context was his spotter got on him for letting Hamlin run him over again and wanted Larson to rub him back but instead told his spotter to STFU. I don't think the 5 team wants Larson to punt people into the wall but just give something back which I don't understand because Larson does plenty of borderline dirty and bonehead moves every week! He gives as much as he takes so not sure what's up there.
14 team had themselves a day going from a car that could not hold onto the track early to a 2nd place finish is outstanding.
I like USA for all the tech. Fox failed at inside info even with that cutaway car model and Larry Mac. Like the one lug thing and USA finally showing us why it happens with that jack being let down too early and not letting the pin lock. It's details like that. Lots of little things adding up to a bigger thing being the better broadcast. It also seem like Fox only cares about the Daytona 500. Once that race is over they go into cruise control and it gets lazy and 2nd rate. And Boyer's got to go.

Looks like Tuesday JGR will hold a presser to make it official on Briscoe. They should really have some fun with it and have Bell make the announcement.
I thought that woulda gone down on Thursday so not sure why the delay.
So here we go boys! Ford to TRD!!!
Ya know I saw a Richard Petty fan do this to a Chevette a few weeks ago.....

petty.png

So if Briscoe brings Mahindra with him I might have to plop down $500 on a beat to shit early 2000s Toyota Yaris and paint on a Mahindra body wrap, TRD on the rear fender, and #19 on the doors. Make it my race day ride and drive that fucker out to COTA every year. 😋

Screenshot 2024-06-23 220728.png

Last edited:
I took a nap during the delay and woke up to crazy. Dude...your cart oil is narcotic AF!!!

ahhhhh naps on vacation... one of the best parts!!!!! i think like three vapes equals a dab or something like that. :D

I think Larson told his spotter to STFU and not Reddick.

haha... no i meant tyler monn his spotter, not tyler reddick... i'm like why did you mention reddick?? no i meant out of context by sometimes there's a lot more to the radio conversation and they only air a short clip sometimes. or even air parts from the radio that was an hour old and they make it seem recent.. i know it was about the 11 for sure, just wondered what led up to it, if tyler was going off or maybe kyle was... thats all..

Looks like Tuesday JGR will hold a presser to make it official on Briscoe. They should really have some fun with it and have Bell make the announcement.
I thought that woulda gone down on Thursday so not sure why the delay.

that would be fun... have him replay it kinda then have brisky pop up from behind the table or something!!!

So if Briscoe brings Mahindra with him I might have to plop down $500 on a beat to shit early 2000s Toyota Yaris and get a Mahindra wrap and #19 put on it. Make it my race day ride and drive that fucker out to COTA every year. 😋

Screenshot 2024-06-23 220728.png

and park that mean fucker right next to a shitty cybertruck too!!!!!!!!!!

See that's what happens with your cart oil. Every Tyler's last name becomes Reddick 🥴
Yep hash oil + fried chicken w/ red beans and rice + vaycay + 2 hour rain delay = epic nap 🫠
Watching what I missed now. Good thing about this Hulu DVR is that it will record everything without needing to adjust it and record the next show or something like that.
Thought Bubba and Noah might fight but no. And IDK about KFB going drama queen again. That was weird AF😬

fried chicken w/ red beans and rice + vaycay + 2 hour rain delay = epic nap 🫠

mmm more fried chicken?? ... man last week that gravy on the fried chicken hit the spot... it was a couple days left over so it was a tiny but dry by then, the gravy did it's magic!!!!!

Thought Bubba and Noah might fight but no. And IDK about KFB going drama queen again. That was weird AF😬

not only bubba, but i was surprised there wasn't more beef with mcdowell too cliff daniels totally called that one on the radio before the green flag waved.. larson was prepared for their spin.

but yea weird with the 8... it was like he was just walking away anywhere to get away from interviews,,, not even towards the hauler, lt looked like he was going to parking lot C to meet his rideshare and get out of there!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm still working on bud dryer... bud dryer... bud dwyer,,, remember that dude? the guy that caused all live tv to stop happening.... that was the 357 mouth shot back in the day!

009.JPG

i wired in a temp controller, rh controller, fan speed knobs, lights, and power windows!! :LOL: no power windows, but i did tint the glass to a 35% smoke!!

i cut most of the wood from the racks and replaced it with coated hardware wire and repositioned all the drawer stops to allow the draws to slide out further than it was intended.

so far everything functions but i'm having trouble getting my rh up high enough with just a sponge and fans. i have a gut feeling that cannatrol uses a heater to heat their sponge to create humidity. i'm going to go a different route and add a piezo style fogger like i use in my veg cabinet over the winter. only it's smaller and i can add it to my sponge box i already made...

sponge box?? i'm full of em today!!! hahaha

006.JPG

all the controls and wiring... i got everything stuffed in the original controller spot.

003.JPG

gonna test it out on something!!! don't have any buds so i'll find something from outside to dry!! :D

Your dryer looks fantastic.
For what it is worth cannatrol says to place the sponge with water where ever you want in cabinet.
I am pretty sure they use a heater as part of the control.
Here is my take; Temp and dew point are within 2 degrees f of each other and then the peletier chiller is cooler than air and causes condensation to form, thus removing it from the air.
While the Chiller will not cool the cabinet too much the heater keeps temps consistent.

I lost power for a couple hours Saturday but today is day 4 for first run.
Just not sure if I overloaded it?
Thinking now the whole room is ready so may just pull tent and seedlings out and dry in the room like I would have long ago when all strains finished close.
Had I had the cannatrol earlier I am sure I would have started sooner then I did, but now where I am and the plants where they are there is not time to dry them all timely.
Got to get out there and see about getting seeds in soil, and maybe start chopping plants to hang, shut off lights and turn AC to 68?🤷‍♂️

View attachment 62955

Sponge box square pants! 🤣

Great, kids have been adults for years but now the theme song is stuck in my head. I deserve it guess.

kinda rectangle but the color is there!!!!! (i tried to find a black sponge but they were all fake and made for scrubbing not absorbing)

pm coming you way man... i saw your motor details and we;ll talk about them.. your pics are great though, i can see everything!!

Your dryer looks fantastic.
For what it is worth cannatrol says to place the sponge with water where ever you want in cabinet.
I am pretty sure they use a heater as part of the control.
Here is my take; Temp and dew point are within 2 degrees f of each other and then the peletier chiller is cooler than air and causes condensation to form, thus removing it from the air.
While the Chiller will not cool the cabinet too much the heater keeps temps consistent.

I lost power for a couple hours Saturday but today is day 4 for first run.
Just not sure if I overloaded it?
Thinking now the whole room is ready so may just pull tent and seedlings out and dry in the room like I would have long ago when all strains finished close.
Had I had the cannatrol earlier I am sure I would have started sooner then I did, but now where I am and the plants where they are there is not time to dry them all timely.
Got to get out there and see about getting seeds in soil, and maybe start chopping plants to hang, shut off lights and turn AC to 68?🤷‍♂️

man no heater on the sponge... well there goes my theory. i pulled my heater out because the cooler is kinda undersized for the cabinet. i should have got the double cooler... if ever upgrade i'll put the heater back in, my controller to 2 stage so it will power both. i have the temp set for 68 and it cools down to 67.9 and shuts off. the minute it shuts down it starts to warm up slowly and kicks back on when it gets up to 69.0 but it has never gotten too cool ever. that might change in the winter i'm not sure.. the heater is super ez to put back in though. a couple screws and plug in the wires.

i'm just baffled on how they keep up the humidity with just a passive sponge... unless my math is wrong.. according to this calculator.. https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/dew-point a temp of 68f and a rh% of 61 gives a dew point of 54f and this is why i am trying to achieve 61% maybe i just need to open the sponge box top and put something green in it... maybe the rh created by the drying greenery is enough to keep the rh up high enough... i know in my current dry cab i have the eva dry hehuey in there and when i first put plants in that rh would spike in the 70's for a few days before it would stabilize. i know i'm close just some more tinkering.. i had an issue with the smallest PC fans today already.. i decided i'm continuing forward with it so i bought quality noctua brand fans which are some of the best in the biz of small fans.

your tent gives you some nice options, can you fit all the 22 seedlings in there for a week or so till ya dry all plants if you go that route? if you can i'd do that... cannatrol is freakin awesome but also an investment for long term... like ya said if you would have had it earlier you could have planned it out... but hey if you do chop and hang in the grow room then you gotta snip a buds of each one and put it in the cannatrol to compare later!!!

got my air pump today... BEAST!!! i knew it was super serious when i needed two hands to pick up the shipping box!!!

so when i'm ready give hydro a serious effort i have my first piece of quality equipment!!!!!

010.JPG

☠️

got my air pump today... BEAST!!! i knew it was super serious when i needed two hands to pick up the shipping box!!!

so when i'm ready give hydro a serious effort i have my first piece of quality equipment!!!!!

View attachment 63000

☠️
You're gonna love that little pump. Powerful and borderline silent.

You're gonna love that little pump. Powerful and borderline silent.

it sure is quiet, it tricked me earlier.. i went downstairs and didn't hear a pump and quick panicked like oh no not again, then i remembered i had the alita and was all happy again!! :D

just starting week two so i took two hours from the timer to now 16-8. i also bumped up the power to 36%

005.JPG

gettin all funky with it!!!

006.JPG

kinda rectangle but the color is there!!!!! (i tried to find a black sponge but they were all fake and made for scrubbing not absorbing)
It was just the first thing that came to mind after reading your post and seeing the pic. It was a nice neat compact job. Reminded me of a water cooler I made for my CPU decades back. Not very practical but very cool. Your project is coming along great. 👍

pm coming you way man... i saw your motor details and we;ll talk about them.. your pics are great though, i can see everything!!
Cool. I’ll be offline Saturday for two weeks as wife takes the iPhone to Quebec on vacation. I’ll be on before that unless data is gone.

Me watching your latest invention....

tumblr_nkgb6aTZbw1qf8cm7o1_500.gif

mmm more fried chicken?? ... man last week that gravy on the fried chicken hit the spot... it was a couple days left over so it was a tiny but dry by then, the gravy did it's magic!!!!!

not only bubba, but i was surprised there wasn't more beef with mcdowell too cliff daniels totally called that one on the radio before the green flag waved.. larson was prepared for their spin.

but yea weird with the 8... it was like he was just walking away anywhere to get away from interviews,,, not even towards the hauler, lt looked like he was going to parking lot C to meet his rideshare and get out of there!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm still working on bud dryer... bud dryer... bud dwyer,,, remember that dude? the guy that caused all live tv to stop happening.... that was the 357 mouth shot back in the day!

View attachment 62951

i wired in a temp controller, rh controller, fan speed knobs, lights, and power windows!! :LOL: no power windows, but i did tint the glass to a 35% smoke!!

i cut most of the wood from the racks and replaced it with coated hardware wire and repositioned all the drawer stops to allow the draws to slide out further than it was intended.

so far everything functions but i'm having trouble getting my rh up high enough with just a sponge and fans. i have a gut feeling that cannatrol uses a heater to heat their sponge to create humidity. i'm going to go a different route and add a piezo style fogger like i use in my veg cabinet over the winter. only it's smaller and i can add it to my sponge box i already made...

sponge box?? i'm full of em today!!! hahaha

View attachment 62950

all the controls and wiring... i got everything stuffed in the original controller spot.

View attachment 62949

gonna test it out on something!!! don't have any buds so i'll find something from outside to dry!! :D

main-qimg-9c8e11152a0f16546e79ed077c9992b0.gif

Me watching your latest invention....

View attachment 63052

View attachment 63053

well i found out today that my new dryer runs just fine with my backup generator with everything else powered on.. light came on at five and a couple minutes later the power went out... my neighbor said they told him it would be back on at 3am... fuck that i fired up his generator and mine!!!! plants are happy!!!! that gas wasn't the newest anyway so it's good to burn it up and get something form it instead of having to dump it!!

the outage must be close to me, they're working next to my dirt road and i still have internet so it must be at the very next pole or two... i think i'm only three poles from the internet sub station. got lucky this time!!!!

☠️

well i found out today that my new dryer runs just fine with my backup generator with everything else powered on.. light came on at five and a couple minutes later the power went out... my neighbor said they told him it would be back on at 3am... fuck that i fired up his generator and mine!!!! plants are happy!!!! that gas wasn't the newest anyway so it's good to burn it up and get something form it instead of having to dump it!!

the outage must be close to me, they're working next to my dirt road and i still have internet so it must be at the very next pole or two... i think i'm only three poles from the internet sub station. got lucky this time!!!!

☠️

We had a brief flicker of an outage yesterday and when that happens in 100 degree heat there's a split second there where my heart sinks and have enough time to think "Oh shit" then it's back on and I'm thanking Baby Jesus.🙃

So on your dryer...I'm guessing it's sealed and all the moisture passes thru the sponges to be collected and dumped?
I think you're gonna get similar results to my AC cooled dry and refrigerated cure in groves. Everything for my operation is all in the grow room so after harvest it's fairly ez to set the temp low on the AC, get it down to around 60-65 for the dry then cure/store in the fridge at 55 but I rely on groves or boveda in the past to control humidity.

The peltier has me really curious in maybe sticking one in my Herb Now dryer to make it have a cool or warm running function. Warm isn't really warm but more so a few degrees above room temp but I wonder if the Peltier could drop it into the 60s in warm room considering how small the chamber for the dryer is. It has a chamber for water but that's only if it's drying too fast, not to collect water.
Does the backside of the Peltier get very hot?
Peltier is intriguing just on efficiency alone, not having to use a 500 watt AC to accomplish the task but the size of the dryer forces me into staggered harvest rather than all at once so there's trade off at every corner it seems trying to cold dry and cure

We had a brief flicker of an outage yesterday and when that happens in 100 degree heat there's a split second there where my heart sinks and have enough time to think "Oh shit" then it's back on and I'm thanking Baby Jesus.🙃

yeah we had another quick flicker outage last night again.. glad i was home because i had ribs in the sous vide and had to press start again.

So on your dryer...I'm guessing it's sealed and all the moisture passes thru the sponges to be collected and dumped?

not really, the cooler condensates and pulls the moisture out similar to a conventional system does only the fins on the heatsink collect the water versus an evaporator in a conventional fridge system. the sponge is there to actually add moisture back in the air. without the wet sponge the rh drops to 46% and that would dry too quickly.

i'm about 99% sealed. there is a small drain hose from the inside that goes out to a small rez on the backside of the unit. this was all factory to the wine fridge so i am hoping their drainage worked properly. i'll find out while testing..

inside there is a false wall that holds the cooler and the heater that temporarily took out. where i have my wires coming up through is where the original freon tube came up into the unit. the evap part was right next to the drain hole where my cooler now is...

008.JPG

once the false wall is in place it has vent holes and a center fan that i have blowing into the false compartment so there is air movement without it blowing on any buds..

013.JPG

and of coarse everything i build pretty much has to have lights on it because i'm a nerd! 🤓

so other than the cooling components and the controllers everything was already in place for me. i cut the wood from the racks and stapled some wire on top and that was about it.

i just need to bring up the RH just a few points... i learned when i put wet stuff in it stabilizes much better. the goal is for me to have it 68* and 61% for the dry. then down to 59% for the cure.

mine likes to ride right around 58% and i'm looking for 61.. with some pond plants in i get close, it still dips to 58-59% when the cooler kicks on. but come winter i will need way more help with the rh so back to the drawing board... but closer!!!

016.JPG

I think you're gonna get similar results to my AC cooled dry and refrigerated cure in groves. Everything for my operation is all in the grow room so after harvest it's fairly ez to set the temp low on the AC, get it down to around 60-65 for the dry then cure/store in the fridge at 55 but I rely on groves or boveda in the past to control humidity.

i'm really just hoping to get something like my winter time dry but in the summer... and with all these racks i actually gain twice as much room compared to my other cabinet i've been using. and with these monocrop runs i could really use the extra space!!!

The peltier has me really curious in maybe sticking one in my Herb Now dryer to make it have a cool or warm running function. Warm isn't really warm but more so a few degrees above room temp but I wonder if the Peltier could drop it into the 60s in warm room considering how small the chamber for the dryer is. It has a chamber for water but that's only if it's drying too fast, not to collect water.

my little "cosmetics" cooler that i keep my concentrates in stays at like 33* year round!! it even forms ice crystals in it sometimes!!! good peltier units are no joke!! inside it's like the koolaid man!!! ohh yeah!!

017.JPG018.JPG

Does the backside of the Peltier get very hot?

nah... it gets warm but not hot, you can hold your hand on the heatsink. most of those little fridges have a cool/warm switch so it just reversed the DC wires on the peltier and then it becomes a heater. you can put cheesteaks in them to keep em warm on road trips!!!!! sometimes the inside if it gets an ice chunk formed on the wall so i switch it to warm for a few seconds and it defrosts it off.

☠️

Last edited:
yeah we had another quick flicker outage last night again.. glad i was home because i had ribs in the sous vide and had to press start again.

not really, the cooler condensates and pulls the moisture out similar to a conventional system does only the fins on the heatsink collect the water versus an evaporator in a conventional fridge system. the sponge is there to actually add moisture back in the air. without the wet sponge the rh drops to 46% and that would dry too quickly.

i'm about 99% sealed. there is a small drain hose from the inside that goes out to a small rez on the backside of the unit. this was all factory to the wine fridge so i am hoping their drainage worked properly. i'll find out while testing..

inside there is a false wall that holds the cooler and the heater that temporarily took out. where i have my wires coming up through is where the original freon tube came up into the unit. the evap part was right next to the drain hole where my cooler now is...

View attachment 63275

once the false wall is in place it has vent holes and a center fan that i have blowing into the false compartment so there is air movement without it blowing on any buds..

View attachment 63276

and of coarse everything i build pretty much has to have lights on it because i'm a nerd! 🤓

so other than the cooling components and the controllers everything was already in place for me. i cut the wood from the racks and stapled some wire on top and that was about it.

i just need to bring up the RH just a few points... i learned when i put wet stuff in it stabilizes much better. the goal is for me to have it 68* and 61% for the dry. then down to 59% for the cure.

mine likes to ride right around 58% and i'm looking for 61.. with some pond plants in i get close, it still dips to 58-59% when the cooler kicks on. but come winter i will need way more help with the rh so back to the drawing board... but closer!!!

View attachment 63277

i'm really just hoping to get something like my winter time dry but in the summer... and with all these racks i actually gain twice as much room compared to my other cabinet i've been using. and with these monocrop runs i could really use the extra space!!!

my little "cosmetics" cooler that i keep my concentrates in stays at like 33* year round!! it even forms ice crystals in it sometimes!!! good peltier units are no joke!! inside it's like the koolaid man!!! ohh yeah!!

View attachment 63278View attachment 63279

nah... it gets warm but not hot, you can hold your hand on the heatsink. most of those little fridges have a cool/warm switch so it just reversed the DC wires on the peltier and then it becomes a heater. you can put cheesteaks in them to keep em warm on road trips!!!!! sometimes the inside if it gets an ice chunk formed on the wall so i switch it to warm for a few seconds and it defrosts it off.

☠️

Well first off your "cosmetics" fridge has me fucking drooling!!!!

friday-icecube.gif

Great description you layed out!
It seems that type of dryer and mine share some similarities.
Like yours uses a sponge set, mine uses a shot glass full of water in a little chamber to add moisture.
Yours uses the false wall to move air around the buds rather than on them while mine has a flexible silicone plate to buffer the air off the fan and also move it into the side channels so it's blowing air around the buds rather than directly on them.

Mine has no type of drain but if I understand this the water created is not from the plants but from the condensation on the cooler so it needs to drain.

I wanna open up the base of my dryer and see what's up. The idea of cooling and heating has me wagging my tail so I wonder if I could take whatever is in there out and install a peltier plate.

In addition to that, my mini fridge is in the grow room. It pulls around 70-90 watts, cant remember exactly but I know it's less than 100 and that's always kinda bugged me. Add to that, it's interior is not really an ideal use of space and it does kick out some heat from the rear.
One thing I have an abundance of is coolers for football tailgating so I'm thinking about cutting into one to add a peltier and basically turn it into a mini fridge. Plus I could use it as a bench in the room. 😋
I'm gonna get some dimensions on that and ask for your help converting it if you don't mind. Solar powered could be a very strong possibility with it too with the 12v cooler plates and ez proximity to full Sun roof space

Well first off your "cosmetics" fridge has me fucking drooling!!!!

View attachment 63319

Great description you layed out!
It seems that type of dryer and mine share some similarities.
Like yours uses a sponge set, mine uses a shot glass full of water in a little chamber to add moisture.
Yours uses the false wall to move air around the buds rather than on them while mine has a flexible silicone plate to buffer the air off the fan and also move it into the side channels so it's blowing air around the buds rather than directly on them.

Mine has no type of drain but if I understand this the water created is not from the plants but from the condensation on the cooler so it needs to drain.

I wanna open up the base of my dryer and see what's up. The idea of cooling and heating has me wagging my tail so I wonder if I could take whatever is in there out and install a peltier plate.

In addition to that, my mini fridge is in the grow room. It pulls around 70-90 watts, cant remember exactly but I know it's less than 100 and that's always kinda bugged me. Add to that, it's interior is not really an ideal use of space and it does kick out some heat from the rear.
One thing I have an abundance of is coolers for football tailgating so I'm thinking about cutting into one to add a peltier and basically turn it into a mini fridge. Plus I could use it as a bench in the room. 😋
I'm gonna get some dimensions on that and ask for your help converting it if you don't mind. Solar powered could be a very strong possibility with it too with the 12v cooler plates and ez proximity to full Sun roof space

i'm quite fond of my "sugar jar" !!!!!!! i get that proud papa feeling every time i open the door!!! :D

i really have no idea where my moisture goes, i caulked all around the peltier heatsink waterproof tight to the plastic inside. i was hoping this would force the moisture across the plastic floor and down the drain but the most i see is droplets form on the heatsink a little and then once it reaches temp it shuts off and all the droplets evaporate back into the air. it brings the rh up a little while doing this but not nearly enough, by time it actually gets close to enough the cooler kicks back on and lowers the rh and starts all over again. it must be like you say and all the moisture my eva-dry would collect was from the air and not the buds. my old setup was not sealed in any way.

if you open your base i bet you will fid a peltier unit already in there... i found out from playing with my evadry that if you just apply 9vdc to a 12v peltier it doesn't freeze up the heatsink it just condensates a lot. the heatsink is then cut on an angle to cause it to drip better.. it drips into a vessel and that's exactly how an eva dry works.

008.JPG

if yours does in fact have a peltier unit in it then all you need to do is switch the polarity on the wires to make it go from heat to cool. that's the beauty of using peltier.

i've often thought about slapping one in an old cooler. way cheaper than buying one of those electric coolers!!! it would be awesome to have for bringing home cold foods on a hot day!!

man if you could solar yours that would be free chillin during the sun hours, that could save even more cash!! i've often thought about making a 12vdc solar/wind gen and run a circuit throughout the house and garage with it just to power everything that uses 12vd.. bro i power a lot of gadgets and converters that waste power with all kinds of wall warts and things i have seven 12v battery tenders on vehicles, mowers, bikes, and atvs... to have a full dedicated 12volt system in my house would save so much on power bills. it would be unique but who cares.. hell just charging all my smoking devices has got to save a few bucks a year!! :LOL:

but a cooler would be ez to install one and you already own all the tools you would need to make it really nice. please don't go using one of those badass yeti coolers man, those are way too nice!!!! although..... they are a lot better insulated than any other cooler. from tests i've seen it's almost double the (r) rating in insulation!!! so the better the cooler the better the peltier performs!!! pc fan quality is also a very close second.. cheap fans are loud and don't move much air... less than $20 in new fans make it perform much better.

the one downside of peltier that the mfg's don't tell ya about.. you can't just stuff these fridge's and coolers in a tight spot like you can other refrigeration units the ventilation is key. i used boards and things to direct the airflow under my dryer to help pull all the warm air away and keep fresh cool air going in. you can't take one of those coolers on a road trip stuffed in the luggage like you can a regular cooler. but with you having a 3d printer you will have no problem making custom parts or air ducts to make yours pimp status!!!

Inovation is King!

yeah so is not having enough cash to buy one for $1600!! haha i came up with half but just could see myself buying one. you guys know me, i like built not bought, it's my lifestyle!

Wait wasn’t it necessity? 🤔

yeah she blacker than a muther fker too!!! (friday movie joke)

if only i was inventing it i could say that... i'm an outlaw, i'm stealing that design and bootlegging my own!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you guys wait and see!! i got our chief Mr. Red in my corner, the king of fog... it's about to get crazy cool with controls and performance!!!

Back
Top Bottom