Stoney's Luv Shack

Stonemason mentioned that. A built in condensation trap and drain.

I think he said he’s putting the computer fan in that area but I haven’t seen any pics yet. Might be wrong.

once i test everything and kinda get my bearings with it i'm going to reach out to him and trade some notes. i think i'd also like to reach out to Moe Red for some advice as well.

I feel it's gonna cool enough for me to use it where i want but i need to add humidity because so far the short test is showing extremely low rh. i guess i should have expected this. i feel i'm going to need to add an rh controller and a fogger. this is the part i like though, the tinkering.

got everything mounted and wired. i already had an inkbird temp controller in there for it's previous life so i just had to switch it from heat to cool and i was done, and i already had the temp probe mounted to it so that part was done.

it looks like the coolest it gets is 59... not bad, i was hoping for better but it might be good enough. i want to try a couple changes and see if i can improve that any..
002.JPG009.JPG
011.JPG

Looks a bit bigger size though. Taller?

hell yeah it is, it's taller than any of the ones i have.. all the welds were good on it too, i though for sure when i pulled over there would be something wrong with it but nope it's perfect.. just wasteful people is all. i'll have to keep an eye on their trash more often now!! hehe

once i test everything and kinda get my bearings with it i'm going to reach out to him and trade some notes. i think i'd also like to reach out to Moe Red for some advice as well.
Cool. Between them you should find any answers.

I feel it's gonna cool enough for me to use it where i want but i need to add humidity because so far the short test is showing extremely low rh. i guess i should have expected this. i feel i'm going to need to add an rh controller and a fogger. this is the part i like though, the tinkering.
Fogging rather than a damp pad or reservoir? Small burst when RH gets to low?

got everything mounted and wired. i already had an inkbird temp controller in there for it's previous life so i just had to switch it from heat to cool and i was done, and i already had the temp probe mounted to it so that part was done.
Nice. Looks like it all fit well. Any condensation worries?

it looks like the coolest it gets is 59... not bad, i was hoping for better but it might be good enough. i want to try a couple changes and see if i can improve that any..
That’s about 15c. What’s the ambient temperature of the area you’re planning to keep it in?

hell yeah it is, it's taller than any of the ones i have.. all the welds were good on it too, i though for sure when i pulled over there would be something wrong with it but nope it's perfect.. just wasteful people is all. i'll have to keep an eye on their trash more often now!! hehe
Nice score. 🤣

Funny what some people toss. Doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with it and it’s a great size. Paint even looks good, little to no rust.

Couldn’t hurt to keep an eye open when you just happen to be driving by, on garbage night. 🤣

So looks like you are well on your way.
I would just try a small bowl with a sponge to add moisture.
Seems what my guys came up with. They use a 4x2x2 approximately.
As Zen mentioned and I did in my post wherever the temp of the room we place this tool is 100% responsible for how it works as I see it and they said it.
Had I known that the unit would not function 100% if I was not placed in a room within 6 degrees of desired temperature I would not have purchased it.
Not complaining but that is a serious limit that they never mention anywhere else but in the instructions after you have it. Your basement will be perfect and so will mine.
You need to make yours as simple as possible and place it where it can do its best as I see it.
I can get you any pics or whatever from the instructions you want.

Fogging rather than a damp pad or reservoir? Small burst when RH gets to low?

just to keep it low maintenance and not have to do anything in between dries. it would be great to put the buds in and hit a button and not have to check it again for a week. hopes n dreams!!!

That’s about 15c. What’s the ambient temperature of the area you’re planning to keep it in?

it was around 75* in the room.. two of those units would keep it perfect i bet!!

So looks like you are well on your way.
I would just try a small bowl with a sponge to add moisture.
Seems what my guys came up with. They use a 4x2x2 approximately.
As Zen mentioned and I did in my post wherever the temp of the room we place this tool is 100% responsible for how it works as I see it and they said it.
Had I known that the unit would not function 100% if I was not placed in a room within 6 degrees of desired temperature I would not have purchased it.
Not complaining but that is a serious limit that they never mention anywhere else but in the instructions after you have it. Your basement will be perfect and so will mine.
You need to make yours as simple as possible and place it where it can do its best as I see it.
I can get you any pics or whatever from the instructions you want.

Thanks so much man i really appreciate that a lot!! we broke triple digits today so i'm sure it's pretty hot near you too, did you give the cannatrol a try in heat at least? with those electronic coolers there is no way you can be rough on them or run them too hard, they're built to run 24/7 so i'd give it a try man, set it where ya want in the shop and turn it on and see what happens.. make sure the fan(s) on the back have plenty of ventilation space the more airflow these systems have the cooler they run. i've had a few of them now for keeping concentrates cool but always in a small tiny six pack fridge... never anything this size!!

had an error on my controller today and haven't had time to check it out but a fail on day one is not good... looks like E5 but i can't find anything in the book about that code.. time to troubleshoot already!! it's okay because i needed to open that area up anyhow to wire in the lights and i want to try to flip the internal fan around and see if that makes a difference at all.

Terp-Lok "Grove bags" are the same way. 6% coverage up or down, some may not know this. Cheers

thanks man, i didn't know that swing was so big, and i assume the "cheaper" models are even bigger of a delta! for now i have all my grove bags in a cardboard box in my basement. right now it 66* and 65% down there but always changes throughout the seasons. pretty much like y'all have to deal with too.

When zipped the rh should be 60-70% so the bag can adjust,get it?

i'm right in the sweet spot for now but come december/jan my rh down there drops like a rock!! i got about 12 weeks or so to get this dry box ready for the new harvest!!

i think my temp controller took a shit.. weird, that thing has been working for years now ad all of the sudden.. hmm. i'm not even drawing the power for the cooler from it as i installed a relay for that so the only thing the controller is switching on is a 12vdc relay coil.

i don't know... i hot wired it for now and took out the controller. i'll work on the Rh part while i wait for a new controller. i ordered a 12v version this time. since i'm not using heat i don't even need 110 inside the box so all my wiring last night was for nothing!! haha oh well, i have 110 in there in case i would ever need it but i'll disconnect it for now.

i'm kinda shocked on how well just a sponge in a dish of water works.. i think i can improve on it with a fan and an enclosure for the sponge. if it works the way i want i'll hook my rh controller up to the fans. that would be ultimate if i could get away with that.

007.JPG

i calked around the cooler heatsink and that lowered it another degree. i think with a little cardboard i can make the airflow on the exhaust a lot better, hoping to lower another degree from that and i'll be happy with 57* during the summer right where it sits.

001.JPG

i'm starting to think this is really gonna to work so i ordered a few accessories to make it better, i even dug out a old roll of window tinting for the door. i stole that awesome idea from cannatrol!! :cool:

i'm kinda shocked on how well just a sponge in a dish of water works.. i think i can improve on it with a fan and an enclosure for the sponge. if it works the way i want i'll hook my rh controller up to the fans. that would be ultimate if i could get away with that.

View attachment 62290

i calked around the cooler heatsink and that lowered it another degree. i think with a little cardboard i can make the airflow on the exhaust a lot better, hoping to lower another degree from that and i'll be happy with 57* during the summer right where it sits.

View attachment 62291

i'm starting to think this is really gonna to work so i ordered a few accessories to make it better, i even dug out a old roll of window tinting for the door. i stole that awesome idea from cannatrol!! :cool:
What's this for?

Drying/curing?

It's 85 in my apartment I had to move stuff to the fridge.

That is also 50-60f....too warm for food ...(?)....

Fuck this apartment management company

Laggy as fuck on fixing anything, not paying anymore rent now.

I am beyond pissed man....

No one is usually on at these hours and I'm all alone =( 😆

Sup man, mornin'

i'm not normally up this early but with this heat i like to get started early and finish early! the birds were still up before me though!! hehe

What's this for?

Drying/curing?

yes, both actually. i'm trying to make something comparable to this: https://www.cannatrols.com/

It's 85 in my apartment I had to move stuff to the fridge.

That is also 50-60f....too warm for food ...(?)....

Fuck this apartment management company

Laggy as fuck on fixing anything, not paying anymore rent now.

I am beyond pissed man....

yea i'd be pretty angry too man, kinda piss' me a off a little just hearing about it. i really hope they get their shit together man, 85 is a little ridiculous with out a cold fridge no less!!!

View attachment 62290

View attachment 62291

With the sponge in the water and adding a fan your basically making one of these.
IMG_8849.jpegIMG_8850.jpeg

They suck for cooling much down but would be perfect for this I think. This one has the plastic tray you freeze and put in beside the sponge. Works with or without it.

Cheap and already in a housing if that helps. Wish you were close man. I’d just give it to you.

Last edited:
Thanks so much man i really appreciate that a lot!! we broke triple digits today so i'm sure it's pretty hot near you too, did you give the cannatrol a try in heat at least? with those electronic coolers there is no way you can be rough on them or run them too hard, they're built to run 24/7 so i'd give it a try man, set it where ya want in the shop and turn it on and see what happens.. make sure the fan(s) on the back have plenty of ventilation space the more airflow these systems have the cooler they run. i've had a few of them now for keeping concentrates cool but always in a small tiny six pack fridge... never anything this size!!
Thanks for that~!
I plugged it in this am in the shop and it is 68f after running for 30 minutes.
I chopped the one Max AC and placed it on top 2 shelf.🤷‍♂️
Looks like I can chop 2 more to fill all 6 shelves.

I really try to do things as instructed and pro tips are what I want and try to follow.
I really appreciate you explaining that I won't wear this out running it hard.
I can replace CPU fans~!

I can live with 68f.👍

Thanks for that~!
I plugged it in this am in the shop and it is 68f after running for 30 minutes.
I chopped the one Max AC and placed it on top 2 shelf.🤷‍♂️
Looks like I can chop 2 more to fill all 6 shelves.

I really try to do things as instructed and pro tips are what I want and try to follow.
I really appreciate you explaining that I won't wear this out running it hard.
I can replace CPU fans~!

I can live with 68f.👍

three plants aint bad at all.. in a couple days they'll shrink up and you can fit more in.. like a perpetual harvest.

if your other option to this is using a window unit then i bet over a couple years this will pay for itself in power savings.

takes mine about two three hours to reach max chill... or ehh max ac!!! :ROFLMAO:

hope you can keep it where ya want to and don't have to settle for second fiddle. this is probably your best test during this heat wave.. if you can dry it in this heat then you should be golden!

With the sponge in the water and adding a fan your basically making one of these.
View attachment 62297View attachment 62298

They suck for cooling much down but would be perfect for this I think. This one has the plastic tray you freeze and put in beside the sponge. Works with or without it.

Cheap and already in a housing if that helps. Wish you were close man. I’d just give it to you.

yeah very similar to that, only i'll have fan speed control.

Sorry. Haven’t been sleeping well lately. Changed my sleeping hours. 🤣

The apartment manager needs to be bitch slapped. You have a kid. This heats no joke. That’s BS. 🥵🤬

no worries at all man, like i said i need a couple days to get everything harvested so i can dg that thing out and get you some photos and measurements... i hope to harvest tonight if i can.

no worries at all man, like i said i need a couple days to get everything harvested so i can dg that thing out and get you some photos and measurements... i hope to harvest tonight if i can.

I put the furnace dehumidifier box back in the garage. Been dragging my feet. It’s not a fun pace to go in weather like this. 🤣

I need to go get it again and check the parts and motor for our project. Just can’t seem to get my ass out the door. The wall of water I hit when I open the door just discourages me. 😔

I never could enjoy saunas.

I’ll PM when get it and look for that screen again. Take your time with the pics. I’ll match what you did to the drum/can when I see it. Harvest is a while off.

You keep cool. Harvesting is a chore for sure, but sooo worth it. Going to be a good summer for you. 👍🔥

Sorry. Haven’t been sleeping well lately. Changed my sleeping hours. 🤣

The apartment manager needs to be bitch slapped. You have a kid. This heats no joke. That’s BS. 🥵🤬
Same been forcing my self to lay down at 1-2 am but still don't fall asleep till 5 or so.

And then wake up in the middle of it

They said today or tomorrow morning they'd get to it, 😕 been staying at parents house while they on vacation

Tired of this shit

Same thing happened at the last apartment , different company.

Same been forcing my self to lay down at 1-2 am but still don't fall asleep till 5 or so.

They said today or tomorrow morning they'd get to it, 😕 been staying at parents house while they on vacation

Tired of this shit

You left the last place because of BS like that. Sorry to hear it’s “all companies”.

I put the furnace dehumidifier box back in the garage. Been dragging my feet. It’s not a fun pace to go in weather like this. 🤣

I need to go get it again and check the parts and motor for our project. Just can’t seem to get my ass out the door. The wall of water I hit when I open the door just discourages me. 😔

I never could enjoy saunas.

I’ll PM when get it and look for that screen again. Take your time with the pics. I’ll match what you did to the drum/can when I see it. Harvest is a while off.

You keep cool. Harvesting is a chore for sure, but sooo worth it. Going to be a good summer for you. 👍🔥

the four times i have ever been in a sauna is only because Cindy's boobies were out!!! no boobs, no sauna... thats my rule!! :D

Tired of this shit

man i get those times too... try to sleep at a normal time but it just ain't happening. at 52 you would think i'd learn to figure it out by now but nope... i just embrace it. i handle it as a swing shift. some weeks i'm on nights and some weeks it's days but most of the time i prefer middle shift.

but with my work it ends up helping a lot of people and i can hustle way more side jobs by being so flex.. most of the time when my phone rings i'm able to ask the customer when would you like it or when is your best time.. most people are shocked and expect me to tell them when i can fit them in.. i just juggle my sleep.

sometimes i'll be out in the garage at 3am detailing a car so somebody has it nice and clean to go to work with first thing in the morning. i have quite a few repeat clients that love my overnight detail service. plus my grow lights are on at night so it just works for me!!

i hope your parents take an extended vacation so ya get more time!!! i saw you getting to indulge in their veggie garden so thats gotta be a huge plus!!!!!

keep cool man, stay in the shade! :cool:

Harvest totals... everything is trimmed, weighed, and stashed away!!

grand total is 431.2 grams i also have 257 grams of trim to be tumbled so i'll report those totals soon once it's all processed.

Straight Jacket x4 - 91.7
Imperium X x4 - 111.5
Dip n Stix x3 - 73.6
Oreoz x2 - 51.8
Periwinkle Pie x3 - 66.6 (shout at the devil!!!)
misc. buds - 36.0

so about an ounce a plant... or 30 grams per sq. ft. .... or 0.53 grams per watt. .... less than impressed but at least i now have number to improve on, all these years i never knew..

☠️

Last edited:
i started out this round germinating 18 for 18.. i can't flower that many so i was hoping mother nature would help me out... she's trying... this ine here has had a rough start. her coly leaves were stuck together for like three days, i didn't notice the first day, i felt the backside of the leaves and didn't feel any of the membrane that sometimes sticks to them, gave her a slight pinch and didn't feel anything goofy so i sprayed her and let her go, the second day i felt for the membrane again, i could see the plant trying to grow inside the coly leaves not opening up. felt her again and nothing.. pinched her leaves sideways even harder.. nothing odd... the third day i knew something was way off so i got in there with a sharp tweezers and peeled some rough seed membrane from the lower outside part of the coly leaf. i think it was that hard that plant just couldn't grow off of it. it looks better today so she might make it... we'll see... fingers crossed!!!

003.JPG

002.JPG

:cool:

I'll be pulling first round out of my mega VG tomorrow.
Looking real good and I expect at least 20 out of 22 if not all of them.
Got a couple I still can't see coming up but they are on time how I see it.
Super sweet germinating so many so easy.
Thanks man~! 👊

Back
Top Bottom